Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wrexham tickets
cityblues
post Feb 15 2015, 11:25 AM
Post #1

Youth team

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 4424

I was in the local pub last night and the conversation was do season-ticket holders get priority to the wrexham game
Away and if they do why should they??????
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Feb 15 2015, 11:28 AM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3547

QUOTE (cityblues @ Feb 15 2015, 11:25 AM) *
I was in the local pub last night and the conversation was do season-ticket holders get priority to the wrexham game
Away and if they do why should they??????

No ticket details released yet but yes they and will. Isn't it obvious why ST holder get priority? unsure.gif

--------------------
Chester City Football Club

+Quote Post
cityblues
post Feb 15 2015, 11:40 AM
Post #3

Youth team

It's not obvious at all it's an away game not an home game

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Feb 15 2015, 11:44 AM
Post #4

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

Have you never noticed this before?

Standard procedure really, always has been, at any club.

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Feb 15 2015, 11:49 AM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (cityblues @ Feb 15 2015, 11:40 AM) *
It's not obvious at all it's an away game not an home game

ST holders pay for a seat and priority for away games..

--------------------

+Quote Post
cityblues
post Feb 15 2015, 11:51 AM
Post #6

Youth team

The goats have give us 1200 tickets there is 900 season ticket holders so there's only 300 tickets for the proper away supporters The club needs to look at this

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Feb 15 2015, 11:52 AM
Post #7

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (cityblues @ Feb 15 2015, 11:51 AM) *
The goats have give us 1200 tickets there is 900 season ticket holders so there's only 300 tickets for the proper away supporters The club needs to look at this

Proper away supporters? Most of those 900 will be, and we only average 300 away from home...

--------------------

+Quote Post
cityblues
post Feb 15 2015, 11:56 AM
Post #8

Youth team

It's a fans own club and not a season ticket holders club

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Feb 15 2015, 12:04 PM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (cityblues @ Feb 15 2015, 11:56 AM) *
It's a fans own club and not a season ticket holders club

What priority system do you suggest then?

--------------------

+Quote Post
NorwegianBlue
post Feb 15 2015, 12:05 PM
Post #10

Chester til I die

Member No.: 8140

QUOTE (cityblues @ Feb 15 2015, 12:51 PM) *

The same procedures were followed for the long awaited game at the Racecourse first time around.
I live in Norway now and got a ticket, made the trip and became one of the 888.

I have also been able to obtain a ticket for the other two fixtures with with no problems.
For whatever reasons, not all of the 900 season ticket holders will require a ticket.

What I'm saying is, I live in another country and if I can get a ticket and get to the game then there are not many excuses why anyone else that wants to go can't either.

--------------------
I was there : 27-11-90 The 409 club.
I was there : 31-08-13 The 888 club.
I was there : 22-09-14 The "94th minute" club.

+Quote Post
njd1959
post Feb 15 2015, 12:37 PM
Post #11

1st team regular

Member No.: 11812

QUOTE (NorwegianBlue @ Feb 15 2015, 12:05 PM) *

The same procedures were followed for the long awaited game at the Racecourse first time around.

I have also been able to obtain a ticket for the other two fixtures with with no problems.
For whatever reasons, not all of the 900 season ticket holders will require a ticket.

What I'm saying is, I live in another country and if I can get a ticket and get to the game then there are not many excuses why anyone else that wants to go can't either.

Don't know what the issue is. I am sure that Wrexham can release further tickets assuming they are using the Eric Roberts Stand and that CP and NWP OK it. Or are they as a club happy to turn money away. It's not as if the ground capacity isn't high enough to cope. How many does the Racecourse hold now. Must be 10000+. OK they have to cordon off parts of the ground they do not usually do for the Rugby League. Didn't they have over 8500 for the Grimsby fixture last October and cannot think there were more than a few hundred from Grimsby? Maybe someone from our club can answer as to whether or not extra tickets will be available assuming that the first allotted amount are sold?

BTW season tickets holders always have and always will have priority over non season tickets as they pay their money up front in the eventuality of such occurrences. Simples!!!!

+Quote Post
cityblues
post Feb 15 2015, 12:39 PM
Post #12

Youth team

I suggest no priority tickets for away games first-come first-served you buy a season ticket for the home games , season ticket holders do not get priority for cup games Home or away

+Quote Post
GizmoBlue
post Feb 15 2015, 12:42 PM
Post #13

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3408

The proper away supporters who only go to two games a season, cause a bit of aggro and give the club a bad name. A lot of season ticket holders go to away games ffs.

--------------------
Once a Seal always a Seal!

Chester are back!

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Feb 15 2015, 12:44 PM
Post #14

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

QUOTE (njd1959 @ Feb 15 2015, 12:37 PM) *
QUOTE (NorwegianBlue @ Feb 15 2015, 12:05 PM) *

Don't know what the issue is. I am sure that Wrexham can release further tickets assuming they are using the Eric Roberts Stand and that CP and NWP OK it. Or are they as a club happy to turn money away. It's not as if the ground capacity isn't high enough to cope. How many does the Racecourse hold now. Must be 10000+. OK they have to cordon off parts of the ground they do not usually do for the Rugby League. Didn't they have over 8500 for the Grimsby fixture last October and cannot think there were more than a few hundred from Grimsby? Maybe someone from our club can answer as to whether or not extra tickets will be available assuming that the first allotted amount are sold?

BTW season tickets holders always have and always will have priority over non season tickets as they pay their money up front in the eventuality of such occurrences. Simples!!!!

Does seem odd that this point has even been raised, almost as if it's something the club have just implemented.

The club need money to come in during the summer when there's very little income, an incentive to pay a large amount of money up front has always been priority for away and cup games. I've long thought some sort of secondary loyalty scheme would be a good idea though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Feb 15 2015, 12:48 PM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (cityblues @ Feb 15 2015, 12:39 PM) *
I suggest no priority tickets for away games first-come first-served you buy a season ticket for the home games , season ticket holders do not get priority for cup games Home or away

Why should someone who may not have been to a game all season have the same chance as getting a ticket as someone who goes to every home game.

we could implement some sort of priority system(online booking with points given for each ticket you buy) but at the moment the fairest way is ST holders and then everyone else. But its not really worth it as I can't ever remember a situation where demand exceeded our allocation, anywhere.

Anyone who want a ticket will have no trouble getting one anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cityblues
post Feb 15 2015, 12:54 PM
Post #16

Youth team

QUOTE (GizmoBlue @ Feb 15 2015, 12:42 PM) *

The proper away supporters who only go to two games a season, cause a bit of aggro and give the club a bad name. A lot of season ticket holders go to away games ffs.

Gizmoblue don't tar everybody with the same brush not all away supports cause aggro

+Quote Post
NorwegianBlue
post Feb 15 2015, 12:58 PM
Post #17

Chester til I die

Member No.: 8140

QUOTE (cityblues @ Feb 15 2015, 01:39 PM) *

I don't want to appear condescending but are you new to football?

One of the advantages or 'perks' of buying a season ticket is to have priority for such events.
It happens at clubs up and down and throughout the land.

Incidentally, as part of the deal at Man Utd, season ticket holders are under obligation to purchase tickets for Cup ties played at Old Trafford or they lose priority on semi final and final tickets if United are involved.

So to guarantee your ticket in the future, I would suggest buying a season ticket otherwise queue up like the rest of us.

This post has been edited by NorwegianBlue: Feb 15 2015, 12:59 PM

--------------------
I was there : 27-11-90 The 409 club.
I was there : 31-08-13 The 888 club.
I was there : 22-09-14 The "94th minute" club.

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Feb 15 2015, 01:01 PM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (GizmoBlue @ Feb 15 2015, 12:42 PM) *

What/who are you talking about?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Feb 15 2015, 01:06 PM
Post #19

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

QUOTE (Treeny @ Feb 15 2015, 11:52 AM) *

Proper away supporters? Most of those 900 will be, and we only average 300 away from home...

😄 And season tickets holders put there money were there mouths are before a game is kicked off so why should they not get privalages, Well said treeny!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
C Block Ultra
post Feb 15 2015, 01:08 PM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 164

QUOTE (NorwegianBlue @ Feb 15 2015, 12:58 PM) *

One of the advantages or 'perks' of buying a season ticket is to have priority for such events.

Incidentally, as part of the deal at Man Utd, season ticket holders are under obligation to purchase tickets for Cup ties played at Old Trafford or they lose priority on semi final and final tickets if United are involved.

So to guarantee your ticket in the future, I would suggest buying a season ticket otherwise queue up like the rest of us.

The system of season ticket holders getting first dibs on tickets for away games
And big matches has actually altered with a lot of clubs. Top clubs now have a loyalty
System in place where fans who go to a number of away games get priority when away
Tickets go on sale, and the same for big games at home. The problem with this though is
It's done via a fan card and matches are recorded on this, when tickets are purchased.
Bearing in mind none of our games, apart from Wrexham, require a ticket it would be
Difficult to implement at this level. And would be costly to set up as well, and just wouldn't
Be worth it for a club at our level.

This post has been edited by C Block Ultra: Feb 15 2015, 01:18 PM

--------------------
C BLOCK.... IT'S LOUDER THAN WAR !!!!!

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Feb 15 2015, 01:09 PM
Post #21

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

Good grief, this forum gets more and more ridiculous by the day.

+Quote Post
cityblues
post Feb 15 2015, 01:17 PM
Post #22

Youth team

Season ticket holders do get privalages they get to choose their seat at Home games what more do you want you don't get priority seating for FA Cup games or any other cup games so why gets priority for away games tickets

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Feb 15 2015, 01:19 PM
Post #23

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (C Block Ultra @ Feb 15 2015, 01:08 PM) *
QUOTE (NorwegianBlue @ Feb 15 2015, 12:58 PM) *

The system of season ticket holders getting first dibs on tickets for away games
And big matches has actually altered with a lot of clubs. Most clubs now have a loyalty
System in place where fans who go to a number of away games get priority when away
Tickets go on sale, and the same for big games at home. The problem with this though is
It's done via a fan card and matches are recorded on this, when tickets are purchased.
Bearing in mind none of our games, apart from Wrexham, require a ticket it would be
Difficult to implement at this level. And would be costly to set up as well, and just wouldn't
Be worth it

All those system will still give STH priority though.

Each home/away will give 10 points for example. STH holders with so many points will get first dibs, then it will work its way down to NON STH with so many points until it reaches general sale.

Well, thats how it works at Wolves anyway.

This post has been edited by Treeny: Feb 15 2015, 01:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
come on the blue...
post Feb 15 2015, 01:20 PM
Post #24

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1501

Ridiculous post. Imagine if a first come first serve basis was used at every club for away tickets where there'll be a large demand. ST holders have and always will get priority and rightfully so (this is coming from a non ST holder). They put their money in so should receive priority. Next season buy a ST then you'll have one less thing to moan about.

--------------------
Can't hear the main stand sing....

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Feb 15 2015, 01:20 PM
Post #25

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

QUOTE (cityblues @ Feb 15 2015, 01:17 PM) *
Season ticket holders do get privalages they get to choose their seat at Home games what more do you want you don't get priority seating for FA Cup games or any other cup games so why gets priority for away games tickets

Eh? Of course we do.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2018 - 12:15 AM