Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wrexham tickets . . . when and how?
Almost Blue
post Mar 22 2014, 05:11 PM
Post #1

1st team captain

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2954

Wrexham four weeks today . . . any hunches/info when they will go on sale. We have two other home games before it, so surely vouchers v Tamworth and Hyde will boost the gates? Hope they don't do that 5 pm thing where people turn up and get in the queue and sod the game. Even a voucher on the day, say v Hyde, that has to be produced along with ID for a ticket would work?

--------------------
English Corner, Harry Mac Terrace - since 1992.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CO2
post Mar 22 2014, 06:17 PM
Post #2

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 6428

Here we go again. Will just go and pick mine up in the week before the game, I will eat my hat if it's sold out, something I can't remember ever happening. Chester v rectum always brings out the worriers for ticket sale info and in the end you can normally relax over a couple of seat on the day..... That said I am sure any spare home seats will be filled by the massive fans of the massive club who always come in the home end but are never polite enough to introduce themselves....

--------------------
Mark Cavendish - SPOTY 2011
Wiggo - SPOTY 2012

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Mar 22 2014, 11:10 PM
Post #3

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

QUOTE (CO2 @ Mar 22 2014, 06:17 PM) *
Here we go again. Will just go and pick mine up in the week before the game, I will eat my hat if it's sold out, something I can't remember ever happening. Chester v rectum always brings out the worriers for ticket sale info and in the end you can normally relax over a couple of seat on the day..... That said I am sure any spare home seats will be filled by the massive fans of the massive club who always come in the home end but are never polite enough to introduce themselves....

Have to agree with a lot of that, the derby is really over hyped. Look at the last 20 years, how many have sold out ?

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Mar 22 2014, 11:56 PM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 10169

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Mar 22 2014, 11:10 PM) *

Have to agree with a lot of that, the derby is really over hyped. Look at the last 20 years, how many have sold out ?

Quite agree can't see it selling out

+Quote Post
I O CITY CITY I ...
post Mar 23 2014, 09:55 AM
Post #5

H-Block

Member No.: 2120

QUOTE (scottie83 @ Mar 22 2014, 11:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Mar 22 2014, 11:10 PM) *

Quite agree can't see it selling out

I agree also, but this is the first derby when WE own the club and where it could turn out to be a massive game for the clubs future. With enough media coverage and the club actually reaching out, this could be a sell out. We got 5000 for Northwich after all.

--------------------
"...you must be prepared to die for the cause" - Harry McNally.

Do not use signature that may offend the easily offended.

+Quote Post
ccmattfc
post Mar 23 2014, 12:10 PM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3636

Also, how do those who live elsewhere get tickets?

+Quote Post
Martinblue
post Mar 23 2014, 04:01 PM
Post #7

Squad player

Member No.: 11457

I'll get you one

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Mar 26 2014, 07:51 AM
Post #8

Chester legend
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 701

On sale after the Hyde game apparently.

2 weeks to sell 3500 or whatever it is, not a chance.

+Quote Post
I O CITY CITY I ...
post Mar 26 2014, 07:59 AM
Post #9

H-Block

It seems like the club don't want to sell tickets. They've known for ages yet decide to sell them one game prior.

I bet we dont hear any media coverage about it either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Mar 26 2014, 08:06 AM
Post #10

Chester legend
Group Icon

QUOTE (I O CITY CITY I O @ Mar 26 2014, 07:59 AM) *
It seems like the club don't want to sell tickets. They've known for ages yet decide to sell them one game prior.

I bet we dont hear any media coverage about it either.

Think its a police decision.

+Quote Post
I O CITY CITY I ...
post Mar 26 2014, 08:11 AM
Post #11

H-Block

Fair enough Cooky but why hasnt the club got any backbone? Being dictated to at every turn.

As for the police, do they expect it will stop any loons who want to coming? It just stops normal fans from having more time to get tickets

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Mar 26 2014, 08:15 AM
Post #12

Chester legend
Group Icon

QUOTE (I O CITY CITY I O @ Mar 26 2014, 08:11 AM) *
Fair enough Cooky but why hasnt the club got any backbone? Being dictated to at every turn.

As for the police, do they expect it will stop any loons who want to coming? It just stops normal fans from having more time to get tickets

Totally agree mate, p**s up and brewery spring to mind.

Should be selling these tickets this week not 2 weeks before the actual game.

+Quote Post
silverblue
post Mar 26 2014, 09:33 AM
Post #13

Squad player

Member No.: 7725

QUOTE (ccmattfc @ Mar 23 2014, 01:10 PM) *

Could be wrong but I do believe the exiles get allocated a number of tickets, get in touch with them they will let you know

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Mar 26 2014, 09:35 AM
Post #14

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

If it is a police decision to sell tickets so late its yet another remarkably stupid one -surely putting tickets on sale sooner will allow them to get an earlier estimate of of the size of the crowd and as such prepare their startegy for the day sooner.

As somebody who will be joining the exiles this week I will be fuming if the club doesnt come up with some way for exiles to secure their ticket without having to make an extra trip to the ground to queue up and purchase in person. If I have to travel just to buy a ticket the costs of attending this one match including traveling to chester twice will be over £130 for me and im fairly sure there will be exiles around the country for whom it will cost far more.

Also even if we cant sell tickets early whats with the total communication blackout? How hard would it have been for the club to put out a statement telling us when tickets would be going on sale, what times the ticket office would be open and details of how exiles can get hold of tickets (if at all). I appreciate details like the total number of tickets available and which areas may be closed for crowd segregation might not have been confirmed yet but those things dont affect people ability to get down to the ground to actually buy a ticket. In order to get a ticket for the derby at their place I had to book an afternoon off work to come down to the ground. This time around its too late for me to book any time off so even if i could afford to travel across the country for a ticket it would be pot luck whether I am actually free whilst the ticket office is open. If they had told us 2 weeks ago when tickets were going on sale I potentially could have booked time off work to ensure I could come and pick up my ticket.

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Mar 26 2014, 11:16 AM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3547

QUOTE (silverblue @ Mar 26 2014, 09:33 AM) *

Could be wrong but I do believe the exiles get allocated a number of tickets, get in touch with them they will let you know

Really, why?

I appreciate it may be harder for them to get tickets but they shouldn't have priority over regulars just because they don't live in the area.

This post has been edited by Treeny: Mar 26 2014, 11:18 AM

--------------------
Chester City Football Club

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Mar 26 2014, 11:18 AM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

the lack of information is a disgrace. and 2 weeks to sell that many tickets is nowhere near long enough.

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Mar 26 2014, 12:15 PM
Post #17

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

QUOTE (Treeny @ Mar 26 2014, 11:16 AM) *

Really, why?

I appreciate it may be harder for them to get tickets but they shouldn't have priority over regulars just because they don't live in the area.

Plenty of exiles are still regulars at the ground who attend plenty of home games each season but dont want/cant afford to travel from the other side of the country just to buy a ticket. Most will also be members of CFU so certainly deserve an allocation of tickets rather than being given the same chance to get them ahead of the large number chester locals who will only be showing up for this one game.

This post has been edited by TomCCFC87: Mar 26 2014, 12:15 PM

+Quote Post
come on the blue...
post Mar 26 2014, 12:23 PM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1501

I'm at university whilst these tickets are being sold and so are a few others I know. I really hope it isn't 1 ticket per person otherwise I could miss out on one of our biggest games in our recent history. The club need to stand their ground with the police if they want a chance of selling all/most of those tickets.

--------------------
Can't hear the main stand sing....

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Mar 26 2014, 04:56 PM
Post #19

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Mar 26 2014, 12:15 PM) *
QUOTE (Treeny @ Mar 26 2014, 11:16 AM) *

Really, why?

Plenty of exiles are still regulars at the ground who attend plenty of home games each season but dont want/cant afford to travel from the other side of the country just to buy a ticket. Most will also be members of CFU so certainly deserve an allocation of tickets rather than being given the same chance to get them ahead of the large number chester locals who will only be showing up for this one game.

I'm there are plenty of exiles who are regulars, but why should they be guaranteed tickets over anyone else just because they don't live in the area? Locals who travel home and away every week are not given any priority.

CFU membership doesn't and I hope never will have any effect on priority. Anyone could just join the CFU for however much it is, never attend a game and be guranteed a ticket for a big match.

Also I agree exiles (or anyone else for that matter) who attend regularly or even the odd game should have priority over Chester locals who haven't attended other games, but you can't have priority for a select group, some of who might not have been a game all season, and not for others.

I found it amazing a club who's aim is to reach the football league can't install some kind of priority system and online/telephone sales that ensure those who want and deserve tickets won't miss out to someone who doesn't care for the club any other Saturday but wants to be there when Wrexham come.

--------------------

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Mar 26 2014, 05:02 PM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

QUOTE (come on the blue boys @ Mar 26 2014, 12:23 PM) *
I'm at university whilst these tickets are being sold and so are a few others I know. I really hope it isn't 1 ticket per person otherwise I could miss out on one of our biggest games in our recent history. The club need to stand their ground with the police if they want a chance of selling all/most of those tickets.

Try playing hardball with the police and they will either insist on CFC paying full amount for policing as opposed the 'contribution' agreed with Wrexham (got a spare £45,000 ?) or they will find ways (easy enough to do) to impose either much smaller attendance, no attendance or as last resort no game.

+Quote Post
g spot
post Mar 26 2014, 08:15 PM
Post #21

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9008

QUOTE (a view from outside @ Mar 26 2014, 05:02 PM) *

Try playing hardball with the police and they will either insist on CFC paying full amount for policing as opposed the 'contribution' agreed with Wrexham (got a spare £45,000 ?) or they will find ways (easy enough to do) to impose either much smaller attendance, no attendance or as last resort no game.

It's easier to spend a fortnight in North Korea in a nudist camp than it is to organise a local football game involving adults in this country.

+Quote Post
come on the blue...
post Mar 26 2014, 08:48 PM
Post #22

Reserve skipper

Yes you're right but it's still such a shame that this has to be the case. I want to go and watch my team against their rivals but I may not be able to, so I'm a little frustrated.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Mar 26 2014, 08:57 PM
Post #23

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (come on the blue boys @ Mar 26 2014, 08:48 PM) *

Yes you're right but it's still such a shame that this has to be the case. I want to go and watch my team against their rivals but I may not be able to, so I'm a little frustrated.

N'awww. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Treeny: Mar 26 2014, 08:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
come on the blue...
post Mar 26 2014, 09:13 PM
Post #24

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Treeny @ Mar 26 2014, 08:57 PM) *
QUOTE (come on the blue boys @ Mar 26 2014, 08:48 PM) *

N'awww. wink.gif

Thanks for the sympathy mate rolleyes.gif x

--------------------

+Quote Post
Martinblue
post Mar 26 2014, 09:59 PM
Post #25

Squad player

Member No.: 11457

I've got my season ticket so if anyone who carnt get to the ground wants a ticket then I will be very happy to go and get you 1. I do think its 2 max per person.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2017 - 04:01 AM