Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fundraising Stuff, Please read!!!!
Marty Funkhouser
post Jul 19 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #1

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 8363

In light of the usual media blackout surrounding such matters, I'd like to bring to the attention of Chester fans some fundraising initiatives. The Fundraising Committee is acutely aware that money is tight at the moment, but if the Club is to prosper, cash needs to be raised. These two schemes have been launched, that we feel, will not ne too financially onerous for supporters.

Raffle
The Summer Raffle was launched on Tuesday and there are some fantastic prizes on offer, including a £500 cash first prize. Tickets are £1 each and we'd love fans to buy as many as possible. Even better would be if fans could take away a few books of tickets, to sell to friends, family and work colleagues. Volunteers will be on hand at tomorrow's game, but if anyone would like to help out distributing tickets in bars or at turnstiles please get down to the ground at 1.30 and report to the office or gazebo by the East Stand.

Small change initiative - Squad Builder / Pound A Goal
The Club has 500 small cardboard collection boxes that fans can take away to either fill with loose change or pound coins, if they choose the pound-a-goal option. The idea is to fill the boxes with coins as best we can, then return them in January for Youngie to use in the transfer window.
Now fans might question how, by collecting shrapnel in a little box, it can make a difference. But if each individual puts 10p away every day, that's around £18 over a 6 month period. Multiply that by 500 and you've got £9000 for the manager to use; a figure no manager in the Conference would turn his nose up at. Boxes can be picked up at the Office, before or after the game.

Thanks for reading this, and please get involved.

This post has been edited by Marty Funkhouser: Jul 19 2013, 01:48 PM

--------------------
If you can be bothered, follow me on Twitter @Viv_Savage_CFC for more rubbish like this, condensed into 140 characters or less.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
North Sea Pussyc...
post Jul 19 2013, 02:06 PM
Post #2

Youth team

Member No.: 7991

Just a couple Queries:

When is the draw taking place.

For us Exciles, time dependant, would it be pracitable to mail us any tickets to sell

+Quote Post
Marty Funkhouser
post Jul 19 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #3

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8363

QUOTE (North Sea Pussycat @ Jul 19 2013, 03:06 PM) *
Just a couple Queries:

When is the draw taking place.

For us Exciles, time dependant, would it be pracitable to mail us any tickets to sell

The draw is being made at the Forest Green match on 26 (?) August. We have asked that tickets be posted out to all CFU members but I'm not sure what's happening with that. I believe a large batch of tickets are being sent down south for the Exiles AGM, so if you're attending you could pick some up there.

--------------------
If you can be bothered, follow me on Twitter @Viv_Savage_CFC for more rubbish like this, condensed into 140 characters or less.

+Quote Post
Stan Gandy
post Jul 19 2013, 02:28 PM
Post #4

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 218

Anyone attending the Exiles Evening with Neil Young next Thursday at Kings Cross (all welcome!!!!) can pick up tickets to sell Details of Exiles Evening with Neil Young

--------------------
'Professional football is all about pain' - H.McNally RIP (Stan Gandy is David Evans)

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Jul 19 2013, 02:43 PM
Post #5

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Top work, love the box idea. I'll take one of them.

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jul 19 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #6

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (NWAS @ Jul 19 2013, 03:43 PM) *
Top work, love the box idea. I'll take one of them.

..and me,i shall certainly fill my box with loose change,i find it so tiresome carrying it around in my pocket,it spoils the cut of my trousers! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jul 19 2013, 04:29 PM
Post #7

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 10169

QUOTE (Marty Funkhouser @ Jul 19 2013, 02:43 PM) *
In light of the usual media blackout surrounding such matters, I'd like to bring to the attention of Chester fans some fundraising initiatives. The Fundraising Committee is acutely aware that money is tight at the moment, but if the Club is to prosper, cash needs to be raised. These two schemes have been launched, that we feel, will not ne too financially onerous for supporters.

Raffle
The Summer Raffle was launched on Tuesday and there are some fantastic prizes on offer, including a £500 cash first prize. Tickets are £1 each and we'd love fans to buy as many as possible. Even better would be if fans could take away a few books of tickets, to sell to friends, family and work colleagues. Volunteers will be on hand at tomorrow's game, but if anyone would like to help out distributing tickets in bars or at turnstiles please get down to the ground at 1.30 and report to the office or gazebo by the East Stand.

The Club has 500 small cardboard collection boxes that fans can take away to either fill with loose change or pound coins, if they choose the pound-a-goal option. The idea is to fill the boxes with coins as best we can, then return them in January for Youngie to use in the transfer window.
Now fans might question how, by collecting shrapnel in a little box, it can make a difference. But if each individual puts 10p away every day, that's around £18 over a 6 month period. Multiply that by 500 and you've got £9000 for the manager to use; a figure no manager in the Conference would turn his nose up at. Boxes can be picked up at the Office, before or after the game.

To all Chester fans, these two fundraising ideas have the potential to raise a good sum of money for YOUR club. The summer raffle - lets raise more money than our neighbours did when they did an Xmas raffle. The majority of prizes are non football related so as well buying some tickets tomorrow please take a few books away with you to sell to friends, family and work colleagues.
We all always have loose change so take a box or two home and fill it up, money raised could really help Neil Young in January.
The forthcoming season is not going to be easy so as supporters of our great club lets do our best to help it financially.

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jul 19 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #8

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (scottie83 @ Jul 19 2013, 05:29 PM) *

Raffle

To all Chester fans, these two fundraising ideas have the potential to raise a good sum of money for YOUR club. The summer raffle - lets raise more money than our neighbours did when they did an Xmas raffle. The majority of prizes are non football related so as well buying some tickets tomorrow please take a few books away with you to sell to friends, family and work colleagues.
We all always have loose change so take a box or two home and fill it up, money raised could really help Neil Young in January.
The forthcoming season is not going to be easy so as supporters of our great club lets do our best to help it financially.

If people can't get the friendly games who live in the Saltney or Blacon area and want some summer raffle tickets, pm me your details and I can drop them off for you.

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jul 19 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #9

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (scottie83 @ Jul 19 2013, 06:01 PM) *
QUOTE (scottie83 @ Jul 19 2013, 05:29 PM) *

Raffle

If people can't get the friendly games who live in the Saltney or Blacon area and want some summer raffle tickets, pm me your details and I can drop them off for you.

If your going the game tomorrow make sure you come the gazebo to get your summer raffle ticket and coin box

+Quote Post
life in blue
post Jul 19 2013, 06:55 PM
Post #10

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 6586

Scottie thanx for dropping off my raffle tickets and boxes, your a star. Really hoping all our fans commit to this and take a few books to sell to family and friends .

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jul 19 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (life in blue @ Jul 19 2013, 07:55 PM) *
Scottie thanx for dropping off my raffle tickets and boxes, your a star. Really hoping all our fans commit to this and take a few books to sell to family and friends .

No problem. Come on everyone lets get buying the summer raffle tickets

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jul 20 2013, 05:52 AM
Post #12

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (scottie83 @ Jul 19 2013, 11:42 PM) *
QUOTE (life in blue @ Jul 19 2013, 07:55 PM) *

No problem. Come on everyone lets get buying the summer raffle tickets

Don't forget everyone, if your at the game today summer raffle tickets will be on sale

+Quote Post
Mike Griffiths
post Jul 20 2013, 10:03 AM
Post #13

1st team captain

Member No.: 1044

I'll take a handful of raffle tickets and sell them in Carlisle if you want.

--------------------
Chester FC - Its the future

+Quote Post
Wrexham Blue
post Jul 20 2013, 10:53 AM
Post #14

Behind Enemy Lines
Group Icon

Member No.: 102

QUOTE (Mike Griffiths @ Jul 20 2013, 11:03 AM) *

Sold a book in Blackpool yesterday biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Jul 20 2013, 11:08 AM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4808

Agree with you Chris, what with ones b*ll*cks and change it does tend to spoil the cut.!!

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jul 20 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #16

1st team stalwart

Fantastic.

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jul 20 2013, 11:28 AM
Post #17

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Wrexham Blue @ Jul 20 2013, 11:53 AM) *

Sold a book in Blackpool yesterday biggrin.gif

Brilliant effort

+Quote Post
Pauline M
post Jul 20 2013, 12:32 PM
Post #18

Chair - Chester Exiles
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

I think these are great ideas too epecially the boxes as I have been meaning to go to Sainsburys with my loose change for weeks but I would rather give it to the Blues as I just won't miss it! cityscarf.gif

--------------------
Join the Chester Exiles and have fun as we climb back to where we belong.

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jul 20 2013, 05:27 PM
Post #19

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Pauline M @ Jul 20 2013, 01:32 PM) *
I think these are great ideas too epecially the boxes as I have been meaning to go to Sainsburys with my loose change for weeks but I would rather give it to the Blues as I just won't miss it! cityscarf.gif

Thanks to all who bought tickets today, took tickets away to sell and took coin boxes home with them.

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jul 20 2013, 09:53 PM
Post #20

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (scottie83 @ Jul 20 2013, 06:27 PM) *
QUOTE (Pauline M @ Jul 20 2013, 01:32 PM) *

Thanks to all who bought tickets today, took tickets away to sell and took coin boxes home with them.

So how many of you have purchased summer raffle tickets?

+Quote Post
life in blue
post Jul 21 2013, 03:32 PM
Post #21

1st team stalwart

16 books up to now cityscarf.gif cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
achesterfan
post Jul 21 2013, 06:58 PM
Post #22

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 7358

As there will be fundraising people reviewing this topic, could someone please take a close look at SportsTraider.org. A charity based in Bedford/Luton who recycle sports kit and do a massive amount to make sport accessible to kids in the community. A simple, great model and they are doing well. It would be a fantastic thing for the club to do.

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jul 21 2013, 08:05 PM
Post #23

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (achesterfan @ Jul 21 2013, 07:58 PM) *
As there will be fundraising people reviewing this topic, could someone please take a close look at SportsTraider.org. A charity based in Bedford/Luton who recycle sports kit and do a massive amount to make sport accessible to kids in the community. A simple, great model and they are doing well. It would be a fantastic thing for the club to do.

Thanks for this, I will look at the website and report back to the club and yourself.

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jul 21 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #24

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (life in blue @ Jul 21 2013, 04:32 PM) *

And would you like more???

+Quote Post
life in blue
post Jul 21 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #25

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (scottie83 @ Jul 21 2013, 09:25 PM) *
QUOTE (life in blue @ Jul 21 2013, 04:32 PM) *

And would you like more???

There is a good chance I will

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 09:48 PM