Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Examine your inner self., Why do you hate us ?
JCP
post Jun 9 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #1

Debut

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 10663

Afternoon all,

The Joe Clarke Project is an award winning Wrexham fanzine that sponsors the leading non league midfielder Joe Clarke.

We were wondering why you hate Wrexham so much ?

Banter is one thing but sometimes it goes a little to far.

What do you think ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
flamboyant
post Jun 9 2013, 12:07 PM
Post #2

1st team regular

Member No.: 9773

Take a wander down the high streets of Chester and Wrexham this afternoon. I can guarantee that Wrexham town centre will be full of weird f**kers.

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Jun 9 2013, 12:21 PM
Post #3

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2156

If you look at the venom spouted on Red Passion you will see that it is a 2 way thing.

The vast majority of fans on either side, while enjoying a bit of good natured banter,, do not feel any hatred towards the opposition. When people say they hate Chester, Wrexham or whoever, I can never quite understand who they actually hate, is it the club, players, fans, town, - a bit irrational when you think about it.

+Quote Post
Marty Funkhouser
post Jun 9 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8363

QUOTE (JCP @ Jun 9 2013, 11:44 AM) *
Afternoon all,

The Joe Clarke Project is an award winning Wrexham fanzine that sponsors the leading non league midfielder Joe Clarke.

What do you think ?

Hate to be a pedant, but shouldn't that be ' a little TOO far'? If you're going to write a fanzine at least get the rudiments of grammar and syntax correct.
As for the whole 'hatred' thing, I think it's a bit overblown to be honest. I don't hate Wrexham, but I can't say I like you very much. However, the lack of self-awareness and delusions of grandeur exhibited by Wrexham supporters is a constant source of amusement.

--------------------
If you can be bothered, follow me on Twitter @Viv_Savage_CFC for more rubbish like this, condensed into 140 characters or less.

+Quote Post
BAZCON
post Jun 9 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #5

Bazcon

Member No.: 4231

QUOTE (JCP @ Jun 9 2013, 12:44 PM) *
Afternoon all,

What do you think ?

You have got it completely wrong Brother Anthoni Sarcevic is the leading midfielder in non league.

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Jun 9 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

Afternoon all,

What do you think ?

Surely it would be far better to use your fanzine to confront and challenge your own (Wrexham fans) innerselves by posing the question ' Why do we say we hate them so much?'. Likewise the 'Blue and White' might care to reciprocate and ask the same of Chester supporters. That might actually make for an interesting, intelligent debate rather than waiting for the usual litany to be trotted out. Do agree about banter and going too far though ( sorry,couldn't resist)-

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wale...-guilty-4007766

This post has been edited by a view from outside: Jun 9 2013, 01:08 PM

+Quote Post
TheBlueandWhite
post Jun 9 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #7

Squad player

Member No.: 7770

QUOTE (a view from outside @ Jun 9 2013, 02:07 PM) *
Afternoon all,

What do you think ?

Surely it would be far better to use your fanzine to confront and challenge your own (Wrexham fans) innerselves by posing the question ' Why do we say we hate them so much?'. Likewise the 'Blue and White' might care to reciprocate and ask the same of Chester supporters. That might actually make for an interesting, intelligent debate rather than waiting for the usual litany to be trotted out. Do agree about banter and going too far though ( sorry,couldn't resist)-

Well, it's an interesting idea, but I'm inclined to think that all of the answers that anyone will provide will necessarily be particular to them. So, effectively, there isn't really a general answer to the question, but lots of different ones. There will be similarities between these answers of course (a lot of people might say "they're our main rivals" or something similar), but people will have such varying degrees of force behind their opinion that their answers shouldn't be lumped together. In other words, even when people seem to have similar reasons (for example "Wrexham makes a bombsite look like the Chelsea flower show"), they have different degrees of belief and force behind their statements (so on a sliding scale I might be a 10, you might be a 3 etc.).

Anyway, it's just a thought.

Out of interest JCP, what award did you win? And are there any other fanzines in the Conference - other than us, you and Welling United's Winning Isn't Everything ?

--------------------
The Blue and White - All profits to the Junior Blues!
Shortlisted for FSF Fanzine of the Year 2013, 2017.

+Quote Post
JCP
post Jun 9 2013, 01:29 PM
Post #8

Debut

QUOTE (TheBlueandWhite @ Jun 9 2013, 02:21 PM) *
Afternoon all,

What do you think ?

Well, it's an interesting idea, but I'm inclined to think that all of the answers that anyone will provide will necessarily be particular to them. So, effectively, there isn't really a general answer to the question, but lots of different ones. There will be similarities between these answers of course (a lot of people might say "they're our main rivals" or something similar), but people will have such varying degrees of force behind their opinion that their answers shouldn't be lumped together. In other words, even when people seem to have similar reasons (for example "Wrexham makes a bombsite look like the Chelsea flower show"), they have different degrees of belief and force behind their statements (so on a sliding scale I might be a 10, you might be a 3 etc.).

Out of interest JCP, what award did you win? And are there any other fanzines in the Conference - other than us, you and Welling United's Winning Isn't Everything ?

We all voted for the best Wrexham fanzine on our 75 seater bus en route to Wembley. The JCP got 76% of the vote. Cant really argue with that.

+Quote Post
TheBlueandWhite
post Jun 9 2013, 01:33 PM
Post #9

Squad player

Member No.: 7770

QUOTE (JCP @ Jun 9 2013, 02:29 PM) *
Afternoon all,

What do you think ?

We all voted for the best Wrexham fanzine on our 75 seater bus en route to Wembley. The JCP got 76% of the vote. Cant really argue with that.

Ha, fair enough. We'd never win such on honour with Hello Albert and The Onion Bag to contend with! Any idea about my other question?

--------------------
The Blue and White - All profits to the Junior Blues!
Shortlisted for FSF Fanzine of the Year 2013, 2017.

+Quote Post
JCP
post Jun 9 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #10

Debut

QUOTE (TheBlueandWhite @ Jun 9 2013, 02:33 PM) *
Afternoon all,

What do you think ?

Ha, fair enough. We'd never win such on honour with Hello Albert and The Onion Bag to contend with! Any idea about my other question?

This article was in the last JCP, we were a bit nervous about putting it in. I think sometimes its just layers on layers and when you strip them away there is not much left. If I worked and lived with "Divvys" it might make me more militant but I dont and it just seems to be a lot of posturing on both sides.

They Let Their Club Die

This is the token dont hate the Divvies article.

We will probably only publish one of these every decade but it is Christmas and the spirit of goodwill should extend to the worthless souls who congregate in a corner of a Flintshire field every fortnight.

We dont really get the argument.

How did they let their clubs die ? Surely there is a club alive and kicking at the a**e end of Bumpers Lane ?

And this club generally has the support of the majority of Deviant footie fans.

So whats the big deal here ?

We think it may relate to the perceived lack of action taken by the Divvys against their previous owner Vaughan.

Thats a bit harsh.Remember Vaughan was the third, and worst, of the robber Barons who screwed the Divvys. First was the scummy Guterman and he was followed by the laughable T***y S***h.

He gave way to the ominous Vaughan who ushered in a golden era of minutes silence for slain Scouse drug dealers.

And lets tread carefully here. Vaughans reputation did not encourage dissent of any kind. We have never faced that here in Wrexham where our baddies have been high on stupidity but low on threatening violent behaviour.

Should we have a right to criticise the Divvys for managing their destiny in the way they did ?

We dont think so.

We think folk are getting hung up on something that is not important.

Lets look at our club.

In the 1890s Wrexham folded after our keeper thumped the ref in a cup game against Oswestry. The "club" resurfaced a second later as Wrexham Olympic. The "Pics" had the same committee and pretty much the same players as the old Wrexham FC.

They also had the same supporters and it was generally accepted that they were the towns club and their record has been integrated into our clubs history without question.

We dont have a problem with this and nobody else has a problem either.

Spin forward to the Hamilton era and the club fell into admin. Moss and Dickens ressurected the club as WAFC 2006. There was no outcry over this.We went along with it and there were no questions asked about our right to appropriate the heritage of the club that could not pay its bills.

When The Trust rescued the club last year they did so through a vehicle called Wrexham AFC 2011. Once again without a murmer from any of us.

Wrexham fans recognised that the essence of a club exists in the spirit and the hearts of its fans. Thats it.

No fans no club. Its not rocket science is it ?

Chester fans support the club currently playing in a regional pub league and we need to respect that. If we cant then we should perhaps consider our own history.

Lets move on and bury this crap once and for all.

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Jun 9 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

rivalary Yes! Hatred No!

+Quote Post
Southern Blue
post Jun 9 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2331

QUOTE (JCP @ Jun 9 2013, 02:41 PM) *
Afternoon all,

What do you think ?

This article was in the last JCP, we were a bit nervous about putting it in. I think sometimes its just layers on layers and when you strip them away there is not much left. If I worked and lived with "Divvys" it might make me more militant but I dont and it just seems to be a lot of posturing on both sides.

They Let Their Club Die

We will probably only publish one of these every decade but it is Christmas and the spirit of goodwill should extend to the worthless souls who congregate in a corner of a Flintshire field every fortnight.

How did they let their clubs die ? Surely there is a club alive and kicking at the a**e end of Bumpers Lane ?

We think it may relate to the perceived lack of action taken by the Divvys against their previous owner Vaughan.

Thats a bit harsh.Remember Vaughan was the third, and worst, of the robber Barons who screwed the Divvys. First was the scummy Guterman and he was followed by the laughable T***y S***h.

He gave way to the ominous Vaughan who ushered in a golden era of minutes silence for slain Scouse drug dealers.

And lets tread carefully here. Vaughans reputation did not encourage dissent of any kind. We have never faced that here in Wrexham where our baddies have been high on stupidity but low on threatening violent behaviour.

Should we have a right to criticise the Divvys for managing their destiny in the way they did ?

We dont think so.

Lets look at our club.

In the 1890s Wrexham folded after our keeper thumped the ref in a cup game against Oswestry. The "club" resurfaced a second later as Wrexham Olympic. The "Pics" had the same committee and pretty much the same players as the old Wrexham FC.

They also had the same supporters and it was generally accepted that they were the towns club and their record has been integrated into our clubs history without question.

Spin forward to the Hamilton era and the club fell into admin. Moss and Dickens ressurected the club as WAFC 2006. There was no outcry over this.We went along with it and there were no questions asked about our right to appropriate the heritage of the club that could not pay its bills.

When The Trust rescued the club last year they did so through a vehicle called Wrexham AFC 2011. Once again without a murmer from any of us.

Wrexham fans recognised that the essence of a club exists in the spirit and the hearts of its fans. Thats it.

Chester fans support the club currently playing in a regional pub league and we need to respect that. If we cant then we should perhaps consider our own history.

What a strange article.

--------------------
I want to play a game.

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jun 9 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #13

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 10169

QUOTE (Southern Blue @ Jun 9 2013, 03:11 PM) *
Afternoon all,

What do you think ?

They Let Their Club Die

We dont think so.

Lets look at our club.

What a strange article.

We play in a pub league? So do you then!!! Your the only fans who are happy that a club went bust because the owner at the time didn't want to sell!!! As well as being a Chester fan I'm a football fan and I would hate any other supporter to have to go through what happened to us. But you lot don't see it that way. I've mentioned Wrexham to supporters of other clubs and they all say the same thing, hate them the fans are horrible!! And your supporter Ian fleet, he sends Chester fans messages threatening them with violence. So that is why I hate you!!!

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jun 9 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #14

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (scottie83 @ Jun 9 2013, 05:27 PM) *
Afternoon all,

What do you think ?

They Let Their Club Die

We dont think so.

Lets look at our club.

What a strange article.

We play in a pub league? So do you then!!! Your the only fans who are happy that a club went bust because the owner at the time didn't want to sell!!! As well as being a Chester fan I'm a football fan and I would hate any other supporter to have to go through what happened to us. But you lot don't see it that way. I've mentioned Wrexham to supporters of other clubs and they all say the same thing, hate them the fans are horrible!! And your supporter Ian fleet, he sends Chester fans messages threatening them with violence. So that is why I hate you!!!

Are you bothered that we hate you? Utd and city hate each other, port vale and stoke do. Do you think they ask each other why? Only a saddo from Wrexham would ask the question

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Jun 9 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4808

I love them----- and what do you do if you love somebody ? you f ----- them . case closed.

+Quote Post
JCP
post Jun 9 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #16

Debut

Afternoon all,

What do you think ?

They Let Their Club Die

We dont think so.

Lets look at our club.

What a strange article.

Whooosh!! biggrin.gif
We thought that we were being quite supportive. Never heard of an Ian Fleet, he sounds like he should be reported to the police.

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jun 9 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #17

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (JCP @ Jun 9 2013, 07:33 PM) *
Afternoon all,

What do you think ?

They Let Their Club Die

We dont think so.

Lets look at our club.

What a strange article.

Whooosh!! biggrin.gif
We thought that we were being quite supportive. Never heard of an Ian Fleet, he sounds like he should be reported to the police.

And how were you being supportive???? Does it really bother you that you are hated? Never heard of rival teams raising this issue before.

+Quote Post
BlueandProud
post Jun 9 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #18

Squad player

Member No.: 9135

We hate Wrexham because your s**t fanzine writes ridiculous articles, at first I thought your article was maybe to stop the torrid affair between the clubs fans but after reading on it came clear you were trying to be- little us. As for posting this stupid question on our forum, I think your a bit of an idiot. Let the football do the talking this season, I look forward to watching you bow to a pub team. citysign.GIF englandsign.gif

--------------------
Rimmer and Mills upfront and were premiership bound!!!

+Quote Post
JCP
post Jun 9 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #19

Debut

QUOTE (BlueandProud @ Jun 9 2013, 08:03 PM) *
We hate Wrexham because your s**t fanzine writes ridiculous articles, at first I thought your article was maybe to stop the torrid affair between the clubs fans but after reading on it came clear you were trying to be- little us. As for posting this stupid question on our forum, I think your a bit of an idiot. Let the football do the talking this season, I look forward to watching you bow to a pub team. citysign.GIF englandsign.gif

I suggest that you read it again.If you can see it as being anything other than supportive I dont really know what to say.

It has been a constant jibe at chester that you "let your club die". We dont think it is the case and were sick of hearing it.

Hence we wrote the article.

+Quote Post
Marty Funkhouser
post Jun 9 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #20

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8363

QUOTE (JCP @ Jun 9 2013, 08:24 PM) *
QUOTE (BlueandProud @ Jun 9 2013, 08:03 PM) *

I suggest that you read it again.If you can see it as being anything other than supportive I dont really know what to say.

It has been a constant jibe at chester that you "let your club die". We dont think it is the case and were sick of hearing it.

Hence we wrote the article.

I understood the article TCP, and it was pretty fair, if not entirely free from cheap points-scoring. I for one enjoy all the 'you let your Club die' b*llocks; it just reveals the ignorance of Wrexham fans.

--------------------
If you can be bothered, follow me on Twitter @Viv_Savage_CFC for more rubbish like this, condensed into 140 characters or less.

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Jun 9 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #21

A balanced view.
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1562

Wrexham are going to chant "you let you club die", we'll probably chant "you bottled it 3 times" - get over it.

--------------------
Defender of the people...

+Quote Post
scottie83
post Jun 9 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #22

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (iandyChesterCity @ Jun 9 2013, 08:40 PM) *
Wrexham are going to chant "you let you club die", we'll probably chant "you bottled it 3 times" - get over it.

Still don't understand the question. Why do we hate you?

+Quote Post
JCP
post Jun 9 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #23

Debut

Difficult to get "you bottled it 3 times" to scan or rhyme. You need to work on that one. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
CO2
post Jun 9 2013, 07:50 PM
Post #24

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 6428

Afternoon all,

What do you think ?

They Let Their Club Die

We dont think so.

Lets look at our club.

We let our club die, rebuilt it, have come back stronger and with our own destiny now in our own hands and have had a hell of a ride for the last 3 seasons, with our 3 in a row. In that time where have your team ended up, in the same pub league we left you in....
I hate Wrexham fc with a passion since 1974 and its down to your deluded fans and in particular, pricks like Bryan law laughing when we went down, what goes around comes around......

--------------------
Mark Cavendish - SPOTY 2011
Wiggo - SPOTY 2012

+Quote Post
Blueblister
post Jun 9 2013, 07:57 PM
Post #25

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3554

QUOTE (JCP @ Jun 9 2013, 08:45 PM) *

Difficult to get "you bottled it 3 times" to scan or rhyme. You need to work on that one. biggrin.gif

How about " you fooked it up 3 times, 3 times, you fooked it up 3 times" ? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2018 - 03:24 AM