Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Trouble at Alty , Merged threads. Closed!
'till the end
post Aug 27 2012, 03:07 PM
Post #1

born and bred

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 4821

Trouble in the away end was sparked by a steward punching a 15 year old Chester fan in the face. I've seen a picture of him covered in blood however I won't post here to protect his identity.
Lots of Chester in the home end of course which was the root of it but it never turned nasty until this lad got smacked.

--------------------
If you read The Daily Mail you are a very stupid individual and I have no respect for you or your opinions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CHESTER68
post Aug 27 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #2

CHESTER68

Member No.: 156

Hope justice has been done and the steward is punished for this...

--------------------
The older I get the less tolerant I get.
FTG

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Aug 27 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #3

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2156

No doubt there is another side to this - what had the lad done?

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Aug 27 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 4249

Taken from the Alty forum.

Boss Hogg
Regular First Team

Re: chester fans in golf road end

« Reply #6 on: Today at 05:24:14 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before the match several Chester jumped on an Alty fans head in the Golf Rd end resulting in him being taken to hospital in an ambulance with suspected bleeding on the brain. The Chester fans involved were not ejected or arrested but simply moved into the away end. About 10 mins in several other Chester fans kicked off again in the Golf Rd with a few Alty fans including myself. They also just got moved to the away end. Absolute disgrace! The club knew Chester were bringing a big following but instead of paying for a little police prescence to deter any trouble they decided to burden our volunteer stewards with the task. I know our stewards do a great job but there are times when the club should plan properly

This post has been edited by blue thunder: Aug 27 2012, 04:38 PM

--------------------
21 Forest Green 30 4 4 7 13 20 2 4 9 16 35 -26 26
22 Gateshead 29 4 3 7 13 16 3 2 10 19 30 -14 25
23 Grays Athletic 30 3 3 10 14 33 0 5 9 13 31 -37 17
24 Chester 28 3 1 9 13 19 2 6 7 10 23 -19 -3

Thanks alot SV you've made history weve never been so low now fook off and take your puppets with you

+Quote Post
Chester Lion
post Aug 27 2012, 04:39 PM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1498

Oh dear.. not good.

--------------------
QUOTE (King Monkey @ Mar 5 2013, 11:34 PM) *
I love a good internet argument, much more fun than going out of the house and seeing real people.

"I have enough money to keep this club afloat for the rest of my life, should I wish to do it."

Gone but not forgotten, Stephen Vaughan ROT IN HELL!!!

+Quote Post
shauneport
post Aug 27 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #6

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 3080

QUOTE (CHESTER68 @ Aug 27 2012, 05:00 PM) *
Hope justice has been done and the steward is punished for this...

Unfortunately we do have a few idiots who love a kick off. If what is being said is true they should be banned for life

--------------------

Harry Mc your a god.
We bow down and salute you

+Quote Post
Elton Blues
post Aug 27 2012, 04:51 PM
Post #7

Our City, Our Community, Our Club
Group Icon

Member No.: 40

Me and my ended up in the Alty end in error, no one on the the gate stopped us despite us having our shirts on show. A female steward then tried walking us through the Alty fans (right through the middle of them!), we walked at the front and when we saw an Alty fan launch into a Chester fan we turned and went to the main stand where a sensible steward let us in our end.

Of course some were up for trouble but not everyone who went in that end, and why not stop fans who were obviously Chester fans from going in that end? Mad.

--------------------
I am one of the thousands of fools and proud of it!

+Quote Post
Charfield Blue
post Aug 27 2012, 04:52 PM
Post #8

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 174

Let's just wait for facts and not speculation ( on both sides). Then let's hope it's dealt with.

--------------------
The Craig Revel-Horwood of non-league football forums - cheers Viv

One Nugget short of a Happy Meal

+Quote Post
woolston blue
post Aug 27 2012, 04:52 PM
Post #9

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5676

Two very different accounts of what went on. What's clear is that our fans should not be in the home end. Did they deliberately put themselves in the line of fire to cause trouble? I didn't go down that end so can't say what the turnstiles were like but surely they would be clearly marked 'Home Fans Only'. If it wasn't marked its a disgrace. If they were marked and you still chose to go in then don't moan if you got a slap

+Quote Post
Wxm WHO ?
post Aug 27 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #10

Squad player

Member No.: 579

The 2 Alty fans (both in their late 30s) came bouncing across thier terraces to attack 6 young chester lads who were singing (aged 16). They didnt bargain on the young lads standing and fighting back or the couple of older chester lads at the front.

So facts right peoples the alty lads started the small skirmish glare.gif

--------------------
When the red red robin go's bob bob bobbing along .... shoot the bastard !

+Quote Post
'till the end
post Aug 27 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #11

born and bred

Member No.: 4821

QUOTE (blue thunder @ Aug 27 2012, 05:36 PM) *
Taken from the Alty forum.

Boss Hogg
Regular First Team

« Reply #6 on: Today at 05:24:14 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before the match several Chester jumped on an Alty fans head in the Golf Rd end resulting in him being taken to hospital in an ambulance with suspected bleeding on the brain. The Chester fans involved were not ejected or arrested but simply moved into the away end. About 10 mins in several other Chester fans kicked off again in the Golf Rd with a few Alty fans including myself. They also just got moved to the away end. Absolute disgrace! The club knew Chester were bringing a big following but instead of paying for a little police prescence to deter any trouble they decided to burden our volunteer stewards with the task. I know our stewards do a great job but there are times when the club should plan properly

This is all b*ll*cks.
Did anyone see this ambulance? I think if someone was taken to hospital with bleeding on the brain the police would have made a response. No police arrived until right at the end and they just stood about watching the game. It was pretty chill.

--------------------
If you read The Daily Mail you are a very stupid individual and I have no respect for you or your opinions.

+Quote Post
Ste J
post Aug 27 2012, 05:17 PM
Post #12

Big Bad Billy Boy

Member No.: 176

QUOTE ('till the end @ Aug 27 2012, 04:07 PM) *
Trouble in the away end was sparked by a steward punching a 15 year old Chester fan in the face. I've seen a picture of him covered in blood however I won't post here to protect his identity.
Lots of Chester in the home end of course which was the root of it but it never turned nasty until this lad got smacked.

The "15 year old" in question saw in kicking off in the home end, lauched his bottle of beer and jumped over the fence to try and get round to it all and was flattened!!! Not blameless at all!!!

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Aug 27 2012, 05:24 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

None of the turnstiles were marked for either home or away fans . as a first time visitor to Altrincham i had to walk around the ground before finding the visitors entrance .

+Quote Post
Oaks Blue
post Aug 27 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #14

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 622

The away entrance was marked and clear to everyone apart from a few fans, what does this tell you?

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Aug 27 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #15

1st team captain
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ste J @ Aug 27 2012, 05:17 PM) *
QUOTE ('till the end @ Aug 27 2012, 04:07 PM) *

The "15 year old" in question saw in kicking off in the home end, lauched his bottle of beer and jumped over the fence to try and get round to it all and was flattened!!! Not blameless at all!!!

Don't let the facts spoil the fun of the usual people who try to defend the scroats just because they are Chester 'supporters'.

+Quote Post
Oaks Blue
post Aug 27 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 622

It's simple, go to watch the football and the likelyhood is, you'll find it. (even if you are standing in the wrong end...)

Go to fight and you'll probably find one of those too, so dont come on here trying to justify the actions of mindless knobheads

+Quote Post
wynne12obert
post Aug 27 2012, 05:37 PM
Post #17

Squad player

Member No.: 5520

Taken from their forum

I still cant understand why a few Alty fans didnt sort the problem out. I hope Alty is not like most places these days where people are scared to stand up for what is right and justice. I wasnt at the match but I understand the majority of Chester fans were in the away area.
biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ruffer the dog
post Aug 27 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #18

Squad player

Member No.: 5536

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Aug 27 2012, 06:24 PM) *
None of the turnstiles were marked for either home or away fans . as a first time visitor to Altrincham i had to walk around the ground before finding the visitors entrance .

I got there early before the turnstiles opened as did quite a lot of the Chester fans, had a bit of walk around the stadium outside and there were quite a few signs saying home and away that i recall.

If Chester shirted fans clearly went in the wrong ones that another poster says then that is very poor that the operator not to redirect them and the football club in general. Asking a steward outside is a solution but there didn't seem many of them that i remember either around 2 pm when i was there.

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Aug 27 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #19

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Aug 27 2012, 06:24 PM) *

Really ?

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
MPW
post Aug 27 2012, 06:03 PM
Post #20

1st team captain

Member No.: 1056

Whatever happened, I'm very disappointed to read that our 'fans' are again involved. I saw the fighting from the away end (which was clearly marked outside the ground, btw). I just assumed it was a few p**sed up home fans.

Most of the grounds we have visited over the last couple of years have not been segregated, so maybe it should have been made clearer that segregation was in place today. If Chester fans were allowed into the home end wearing blue, then Alty need to have a serious look at their stewarding.

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Aug 27 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #21

Si Dutton
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

The home and away ends were marked, perfectly clear. Oaks Blue was spot on, those who are most interested in winding the home fans up or starting something will inevitably end up getting involved in something. I find it quite easy to go to a football match and enjoy it without the need for frothing abuse and acting like a dick. I'm sure best sets of fans were as much to blame, let them get on with it if that's what makes them tick.

--------------------
Cmon City, these are SH*TE

+Quote Post
Undercover Seal
post Aug 27 2012, 06:24 PM
Post #22

1st team regular

Member No.: 5897

Unbeliveable some of the posts on here defending what has happened. These tools are the same ones who have followed us for the past two seasons to most away games and were responsible for goading at Chorley then legged it when it got too hot. After following football for over 35 years I cant understand why anyone would want to go into a clearly marked home end other than to cause trouble and at a small time club like Altrincham, very tough.

This post has been edited by Undercover Seal: Aug 27 2012, 06:25 PM

--------------------
A true blue and a welsh one since 75, message to moaners on here - dont talk to me about misery whilst your still s**tting yellow!

+Quote Post
Elton Blues
post Aug 27 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #23

Our City, Our Community, Our Club
Group Icon

Member No.: 40

Well they may well have been clearly marked but I didn't notice, I have never caused any bother at football and I don't intend to start doing so now. I made a simple mistake of coming out of the bar and following some Chester fans to a turnstile whilst chatting to my mate not even thinking about where I was heading.

--------------------
I am one of the thousands of fools and proud of it!

+Quote Post
C53 kway blue
post Aug 27 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #24

Squad player

Member No.: 6336

QUOTE (Undercover Seal @ Aug 27 2012, 07:24 PM) *
Unbeliveable some of the posts on here defending what has happened. These tools are the same ones who have followed us for the past two seasons to most away games and were responsible for goading at Chorley then legged it when it got too hot. After following football for over 35 years I cant understand why anyone would want to go into a clearly marked home end other than to cause trouble and at a small time club like Altrincham, very tough.

What a stupid post.............
Were u there today.

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Aug 27 2012, 06:44 PM
Post #25

1st team captain
Group Icon

QUOTE (Undercover Seal @ Aug 27 2012, 06:24 PM) *

You are being a bit unfair there mate. The knobheads who go to a match looking for trouble are unlikely to be able to read the signs saying 'home supporters' . They are a f------g embarrassment. Have you noticed that the people who defend them are the same ones every time and yet they seldom post on real footballing issues.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 06:15 PM