Bangor_Fan
post Jun 10 2011, 08:17 AM
Post #1

Debut

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 7794

Hi guys,

Bangor fan here in peace.

You're probably not aware, but Bangor have just signed Kyle Wilson for next season. I was wondering whether anyone had any views on him. Obviously he didn't quite click at the Deva last season - is it because wasn't good enough, didn't get enough of a chance in the first team, or some other reason?

I'd appreciate any feedback you can give, just really interested to see what kind of a player we've signed - we obviously know about his goalscoring at FCUM, but I'm interested to hear about his recent expoits.

Congratulations on promotion, I'm looking forward to seeing you back up where you belong in a few years time!

Cheers!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Jun 10 2011, 08:20 AM
Post #2

A balanced view.
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1562

about his level i'd think, if he gets a couple, i imagine he'd go on a spree, thats the kind of player he is i think. He never got on a scoring run with us, missed a few and ultimately he was replaced then by Simm.

He could be awesome in the WPL. However, he could just be hard-working, there's no doubing the lads effort.

--------------------
Defender of the people...

+Quote Post
chunky
post Jun 10 2011, 08:27 AM
Post #3

Squad player

Member No.: 7762

A good player and will do well for Bangor.

FCUM would of had him back no question about that and he may of done better at Chester had he of played more games.

He's also seems a decent lad, had a chat with him during the title celabrations at the Deva.

+Quote Post
DevaDino
post Jun 10 2011, 08:47 AM
Post #4

Squad player

Member No.: 4750

I really liked him - an intelligent player with vision and skill, and when he was in the team regularly mid-season he was creating a lot of chances for Wildey. Less of a natural goalscorer and by the end of the season he had totally lost his confidence in front of goal. Still managed to score an instinctive cracker.

Earlier in the week I was so desperate to avoid doing some work that I watched a few Sgorio highlights from the WPL, and I reckon Kyle will do brilliantly. He'll make some of the defenders in that league look even more like donkeys than they make themselves.

This post has been edited by DevaDino: Jun 10 2011, 08:48 AM

+Quote Post
MPW
post Jun 10 2011, 08:56 AM
Post #5

1st team captain

Member No.: 1056

Decent player, didn't really get a run in the team last season, but he can setup goals aswell as score them. If this he will be a great signing for you.

+Quote Post
Upton Bluey
post Jun 10 2011, 09:11 AM
Post #6

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5962

Didn't really rate him tbh. Awful in front of goal and was too slow. Expect he will be better in the welsh league though.

+Quote Post
resker
post Jun 10 2011, 09:25 AM
Post #7

resker

Member No.: 84

Unfortunately we didn't get to see the best of Kyle. Mainly came on as a sub and
was no doubt playing to instructions so not often seen to play his natural game. His
goal scoring feats at FCUM wasn't a feature with us, so overall he was a tad
dissappointing, but one goal in particular showed us just what he is capable of.
As previously pointed out his link up with Wildey was at times inspirational and as
a team player he will be a great asset to you. Has local connections I believe, so I
will be very dissappointed if he doesn't fulfill the promise of his FCUM days and be
a leading player for you.

+Quote Post
lukowski14
post Jun 10 2011, 09:25 AM
Post #8

1st team captain

Member No.: 3653

decent player. scored loads at FCUM, didn't score so many here but was great at creating chances, plenty of skill and will run all day, cracking signing

--------------------
CHESTER FC
" at worst it will be brilliant "

+Quote Post
Bangor_Fan
post Jun 10 2011, 10:10 AM
Post #9

Debut

Member No.: 7794

Many thanks to all! Sounds like the kind of player who could do well for us - hopefully he'll knock in a couple early in the season & kick on from there!

Best of luck to your boys next year.

+Quote Post
Chris
post Jun 10 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #10

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

Won the league for us with his excellent last-minute goal at Radcliffe. wink.gif

+Quote Post
mused
post Jun 10 2011, 10:28 AM
Post #11

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

Will be a revelation at Bangor if he stays fit. By his own admittance we probably didn't see the best of him last season but Wilde's best games came when playing alongside him and he was always a willing worker, often shoved on the right but there were no tantrums from him unlike others within the side. Good luck to the lad and hopefully Bangor can have another good season.

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Jun 10 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #12

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (mused @ Jun 10 2011, 11:28 AM) *
Will be a revelation at Bangor if he stays fit. By his own admittance we probably didn't see the best of him last season but Wilde's best games came when playing alongside him and he was always a willing worker, often shoved on the right but there were no tantrums from him unlike others within the side. Good luck to the lad and hopefully Bangor can have another good season.

Was going to say the same thing, Wilde didn't score as many after the arrival of Simm. There may have been other reasons for that, but I though Kyle was always a very hard-working and unselfish striker, and a good steadying influence to bring off the bench when games were drifting away from us, like at Radcliffe.

I'm actually a bit disappointed to see him go and I'm sure he'll do well at Bangor

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jun 10 2011, 01:03 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2063

Good player for us, but too much competition for the striker role. Absolutely faultless attitude, good luck Kyle!

+Quote Post
Bub
post Jun 10 2011, 02:05 PM
Post #14

Squad player

Member No.: 5663

He got more opportunity in the first half of the season, and I always thought we looked more likely to score when he was playing.

I do remember likening him to Andy Cole when he was at Man Utd, i.e. didn't score as many as he should have done based on scoring opportunities.

+Quote Post
Deva_Dave
post Jun 10 2011, 02:28 PM
Post #15

Youth team

Member No.: 5517

QUOTE (Chris @ Jun 10 2011, 11:22 AM) *
Won the league for us with his excellent last-minute goal at Radcliffe. wink.gif

That is very true!

Or was it that guy who plays for Ossett! unsure.gif

+Quote Post
BarrowBlue
post Jun 10 2011, 03:40 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3902

Physically strong, lots of effort, but has games where he just can't get a shot on target.

+Quote Post
PhillippeDuLait
post Jun 10 2011, 04:02 PM
Post #17

Like a Tesco's Carrier Bag

Member No.: 139

QUOTE (Deva_Dave @ Jun 10 2011, 03:28 PM) *
QUOTE (Chris @ Jun 10 2011, 11:22 AM) *

That is very true!

Or was it that guy who plays for Ossett! unsure.gif

Or Stu Jones at Prescot?

--------------------
Your optimism strikes me like junkmail addressed to the dead

http://twitter.com/phillippedulait

+Quote Post
Mike Griffiths
post Jun 10 2011, 04:06 PM
Post #18

1st team captain

Member No.: 1044

QUOTE (mused @ Jun 10 2011, 11:28 AM) *

Spot on.

--------------------
Chester FC - Its the future

+Quote Post
JEPSON
post Jun 10 2011, 04:16 PM
Post #19

I,m on this earth to please no-one except myself

Member No.: 495

i really liked the lad, hard worker WILL score goals if played in the right position in my opinion

i think you bangor fans will take to him very quickly.

--------------------
The only good thing to come out of Wales

The road to England

+Quote Post
Ean
post Jun 10 2011, 05:12 PM
Post #20

chester football club supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 2289

citysign.GIF
you will love him

very clever player makes lots of space for others and can score

--------------------
I'M A FOOL

WHY DON'T YOU BECOME ONE TOO

bugler for the masses
west stand
golf pro to the stars
well nwas anyway

+Quote Post
woolston blue
post Jun 10 2011, 05:30 PM
Post #21

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5676

I guarantee you will no regret signing Kyle. Absolutely superb partnership with Wilde in the first half of the season which Wildey benefitted from greatly. The manager used him all over the place when clearly he is a centre forward. Good touch, a bit of pace and loads of hard work. I think he lost confidence after missing a tap in virtually on the goal line when the ball went through his legs and after that the manager went for Simm.
I for one am really disappointed that he's gone. He did miss the odd sitter but as someone mentioned earlier he kept getting chances due to his work rate and movement. Great goal at Radcliffe when the game looked lost seemed to turn our season around.
Good luck Kyle- you will be missed. bowdown.gif

+Quote Post
Howie
post Jun 10 2011, 05:44 PM
Post #22

Youth team

Member No.: 4264

QUOTE (woolston blue @ Jun 10 2011, 06:30 PM) *
I guarantee you will no regret signing Kyle. Absolutely superb partnership with Wilde in the first half of the season which Wildey benefitted from greatly. The manager used him all over the place when clearly he is a centre forward. Good touch, a bit of pace and loads of hard work. I think he lost confidence after missing a tap in virtually on the goal line when the ball went through his legs and after that the manager went for Simm.
I for one am really disappointed that he's gone. He did miss the odd sitter but as someone mentioned earlier he kept getting chances due to his work rate and movement. Great goal at Radcliffe when the game looked lost seemed to turn our season around.
Good luck Kyle- you will be missed. bowdown.gif

I agree, wish we had seen more of him up front, tended to get used more as a winger but great lad and Bangor will benefit from having him in the team ! laugh.gif

--------------------
Chester are Back !!

+Quote Post
CestrianJim
post Jun 10 2011, 06:05 PM
Post #23

Big Jimmy, M'Lord

Member No.: 4473

He was a hard worker, I'll give him that, but I didn't rate him that much.
Still, he scored a vital goal at Radcliffe, which you could argue won us the league. He was an important member of a title winning squad and I do wish him the very best of luck at Bangor.

He did win one award during his time here though, the miss of the season! How he missed from 2 yards out against Ossett I do not know, would have put us 7-0 up aswell, and of course, 7 sounds better than six! The ball only had to hit him and it would go in, he jumped over the ball biggrin.gif

But seriously though, he will do well at Bangor, and like I said earlier, I wish Kyle all the best, and thank him for the effort he put in during his time at Chester FC cityscarf.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
1 Paul Carden
post Jun 10 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #24

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1481

QUOTE (CestrianJim @ Jun 10 2011, 07:05 PM) *
He was a hard worker, I'll give him that, but I didn't rate him that much.
Still, he scored a vital goal at Radcliffe, which you could argue won us the league. He was an important member of a title winning squad and I do wish him the very best of luck at Bangor.

He did win one award during his time here though, the miss of the season! How he missed from 2 yards out against Ossett I do not know, would have put us 7-0 up aswell, and of course, 7 sounds better than six! The ball only had to hit him and it would go in, he jumped over the ball biggrin.gif

but seriously though, he will do well at Bangor, and like I said earlier, I wish Kyle all the best, and thank him for the effort he put in during his time at Chester FC cityscarf.gif

Tend to agree. Seemed too much to me as a case of a striker who couldn't finish, and was lacking pace. He'd often pick the ball up and run away from goal rather than attack it. However, he was a decent crosser and with a bit more confidence/fitness I'm sure he could be a handful.

Best of luck to him. He'll always be remembered as a title winner at Chester FC.

--------------------
City Fans United

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Jun 10 2011, 06:55 PM
Post #25

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

Good player but I think we'd have ended up in the play-offs if it had been Wilde/Wilson and not Wilde/Simm.

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 01:21 AM