Reply to this topicStart new topic
> QPR, the FA and Chester, their fate looks grim
toto
post May 3 2011, 08:25 AM
Post #1

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 314

Just listened to Mark Stalios-ex chief executive of FA, on radio4. Asked what he thought would happen he was pretty certain that QPR's fate would be set by precedents and that they would receive 10 point deduction, and perhaps more.
Coincidentally i took photos of Mark Stalios a few years back in the City of London. He was one of a number of new directors of a financial business start up. We talked football and i hadn't realised who he was until he told me that he used to be ex chief exec of the FA. Very likeable and he played for Crewe and scored against us! I then photographed the next director who was an ex Chester player! Isn't life full of coincidences. He was Graham Birks and was the replacement for Ian Rush. We spoke a lot about football and Chester.
With QPR, as with Chester, its the fans who will suffer through no fault of their own it seems.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris
post May 3 2011, 09:37 AM
Post #2

1st team legend
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 18

Mark Palios is his name.

Don't really know what their punishment should be under the circumstances, but I definitely don't feel sorry for their supporters who'll suffer through no fault of their own - what about the supporters of the other 23 clubs in the Championship who have been cheated by QPR if there proves to be a valid case here?

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post May 3 2011, 09:42 AM
Post #3

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

think palios used to play for tranmere also,what have qpr alledgedly done wrong

+Quote Post
Mr W
post May 3 2011, 09:57 AM
Post #4

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 677

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ May 3 2011, 10:42 AM) *
think palios used to play for tranmere also,what have qpr alledgedly done wrong

Details of the case

--------------------
Sup Ale, watch Togger.
Chester & South Clwyd Campaign for Real Ale
CAMRA branch Twitter feed for all local pub news

First game: Chester 0 Blackpool 2, 9th November 1983.

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post May 3 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

thanks mr w.if qpr didnt own the player then they shouldnt have been able to register him as theirs.the fact that they did is presumably a breach of regulations and they should face a heavy penalty if found guilty of not owning the player .its called cheating.then of course the clowns at the fa should have dealt with this months ago.they were probably hoping qpr wouldnt get promoted so that they could brush it under the carpet

+Quote Post
WAussie Blue
post May 3 2011, 10:58 AM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 535

QUOTE (toto @ May 3 2011, 08:25 AM) *
I then photographed the next director who was an ex Chester player! Isn't life full of coincidences. He was Graham Birks and was the replacement for Ian Rush. We spoke a lot about football and Chester.

Graham Birks was our left back in my first ever Chester game, an FA Cup 3rd Round tie v Bristol City on 3rd January 1970. Birks was marking their right winger Alan Skirton and in one memorable incident, Birks was tugging at Skirton's shirt as they were racing down the wing near the dugouts in the old wooden stand. Skirton didn't take kindly to the attention and spun around decking Birks with a fist or an elbow. It would have been a straight Red nowadays, but I think they just had a bit of a talking to from the ref and got on with the game.
Chester eventually won 2-1.

--------------------
31st August 2013 - "We came, we scored, we conquered!"

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post May 3 2011, 11:12 AM
Post #7

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

Faurlin was signed by QPR in July 2009-he has played for them now for nearly 2 seasons.
Iam pretty sure QPR's barrister will argue the fact that a points deduction would not be far based on this season,why not last season?

OK the information the FA received didnt come out until recently,so it could be argued that last season is no longer relevant.

QPR could argue that any points deduction could be done at the start of next season,leaving them a virtually impossible task to stay in the Premier league,They will try and make a points deduction and at what point as messy as possible.

Cue a massive fine instead.

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
Ian Rush's R...
post May 3 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #8

Squad player

Member No.: 1450

QUOTE (WAussie Blue @ May 3 2011, 10:58 AM) *
I then photographed the next director who was an ex Chester player! Isn't life full of coincidences. He was Graham Birks and was the replacement for Ian Rush. We spoke a lot about football and Chester.

Graham Birks was our left back in my first ever Chester game, an FA Cup 3rd Round tie v Bristol City on 3rd January 1970. Birks was marking their right winger Alan Skirton and in one memorable incident, Birks was tugging at Skirton's shirt as they were racing down the wing near the dugouts in the old wooden stand. Skirton didn't take kindly to the attention and spun around decking Birks with a fist or an elbow. It would have been a straight Red nowadays, but I think they just had a bit of a talking to from the ref and got on with the game.

I think he means Trevor Birch mate hahaha...he was chief exec at Chelsea for a while so did well for himself in the game. He was bought after Rush had been sold if I remember correctly.

Seems Toto suffers from the same "whatshisname" problem as my 88 year old grandfather with the fraudelent slip on Mark "Stelios" Palios biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
WAussie Blue
post May 3 2011, 03:19 PM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 535

QUOTE (Ian Rush's Right Nostril @ May 3 2011, 03:00 PM) *
QUOTE (WAussie Blue @ May 3 2011, 10:58 AM) *

I think he means Trevor Birch mate hahaha...he was chief exec at Chelsea for a while so did well for himself in the game. He was bought after Rush had been sold if I remember correctly.

Seems Toto suffers from the same "whatshisname" problem as my 88 year old grandfather with the fraudelent slip on Mark "Stelios" Palios biggrin.gif

Thanks mate, I feel a right BIRK ! Is that the same Ian Bush who went on to bomb Iraqistan?

--------------------
31st August 2013 - "We came, we scored, we conquered!"

+Quote Post
toto
post May 3 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #10

1st team stalwart

Whoops, you are correct i made a few errors here...rather a rushed posting but at least it raised some interest and got a few to delve into their memory banks and reconnect with the past.

I remember both Graham Birks and Trevor-indeed i think Graham is on my old film that i posted on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BKjLGv_TFg

Enjoy it, if you haven't already

+Quote Post
toto
post May 3 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ May 3 2011, 12:12 PM) *
Faurlin was signed by QPR in July 2009-he has played for them now for nearly 2 seasons.
Iam pretty sure QPR's barrister will argue the fact that a points deduction would not be far based on this season,why not last season?

OK the information the FA received didnt come out until recently,so it could be argued that last season is no longer relevant.

QPR could argue that any points deduction could be done at the start of next season,leaving them a virtually impossible task to stay in the Premier league,They will try and make a points deduction and at what point as messy as possible.

I understand that the club were also dealing with an unlicensed football agent, which carries a hefty punishment

+Quote Post
toto
post May 3 2011, 10:17 PM
Post #12

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Chris @ May 3 2011, 10:37 AM) *
Mark Palios is his name.

Don't really know what their punishment should be under the circumstances, but I definitely don't feel sorry for their supporters who'll suffer through no fault of their own - what about the supporters of the other 23 clubs in the Championship who have been cheated by QPR if there proves to be a valid case here?

So you would also argue that Chester supporters got what they deserved when SV took us into the mire? The FA had been advised of SV's dealings and also his dealings at Barrow but failed to act and it was the fans who paid the price..and what a hefty one.

+Quote Post
Chris
post May 3 2011, 10:51 PM
Post #13

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

There's a bit of a difference, and I'm not saying anyone 'deserves' to have their club suffer sanctions like that - but ultimately, if it's proven that QPR have cheated the system or not played by the same rules as the rest of the clubs in their division, I'd feel more sorry for the fans of the 23 other clubs who have apparently done things by the book than I would the one club who have gained an unfair advantage if an appropriate punishment isn't handed down.

+Quote Post
Pete Bulmer'...
post May 3 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #14

Squad player

Member No.: 163

QUOTE (toto @ May 3 2011, 11:17 PM) *
QUOTE (Chris @ May 3 2011, 10:37 AM) *
Mark Palios is his name.

So you would also argue that Chester supporters got what they deserved when SV took us into the mire? The FA had been advised of SV's dealings and also his dealings at Barrow but failed to act and it was the fans who paid the price..and what a hefty one.

It's totally different. QPR will struggle to get through this because they just flouted rules.
I have mates who are big fans and they are worried sick. It seems they don't have a leg to stand on, at least ten points docking is their fear.
With regards to the Birks/Birch thing...marvellous, made me laugh.

+Quote Post
ThrobsBlackHat
post May 4 2011, 11:58 AM
Post #15

RIP

Member No.: 2357

Didn't the unlicensed agent charge cost Luton 10 points on its own?

Add in third party ownership and the rules for that were tightened AFTER the Tevez fiasco meaning the fine for that is not a precedent.

All in all, QPR may well be in the play offs.

+Quote Post
toto
post May 6 2011, 08:17 PM
Post #16

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (ThrobsBlackHat @ May 4 2011, 12:58 PM) *
Didn't the unlicensed agent charge cost Luton 10 points on its own?

Add in third party ownership and the rules for that were tightened AFTER the Tevez fiasco meaning the fine for that is not a precedent.

All in all, QPR may well be in the play offs.

glad everyone had a laugh re Birks and Birch! (my error!)
Anyway i heard Mark Palios again on 5 Live today and he was saying that the FA are stalling for some reason with their decision. QPR are making it hard for them by publicly saying they will celebrate promotion tomorrow anyway. Also Neil Warnock , (who my friend had at his party in Cornwall, because that was where NW was living still while managing Sheffield Utd!), has maintained that QPR will be fine. He bases his belief on his conversations with the clubs barrister...mmmm.
Unfortunately it is the fans that ultimately pay for the dodgy chairman's errors, as in our case. At least with our present set up we cannot be taken for a ride again.
Football fans everywhere need to wake up and realise that their clubs aren't really their clubs at all. This needs to be addressed by the FA if other clubs don't end up like us....and QPR most probably. They (clubs) are legal entities and that is all the FA cares about.Football fans at large failed to learn from our harsh lesson and i guess the old adage that: 'unless it happens to you, why care?', is the order of the day with the majority of football fans.
The only issue with owning your own club is realising the necessary funds to get to the higher leagues. It takes an individual who has a massive ego, to spend the necessary on players etc. A fans based club may not be able to compete.....that's what worries me.

+Quote Post
ThrobsBlackHat
post May 7 2011, 07:38 AM
Post #17

RIP

Member No.: 2357

A fan based club can compete: look at Schalke

I don't understand why the FA have left the whole thing for so long, and now the hearing is overunning for an unknown length of time.

It could have been sorted months ago.

now QPR collect the trophy today: but in 3 days time it might belong to Norwich.

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post May 7 2011, 11:37 AM
Post #18

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

They have escaped a points deduction but have been found guilty on 2 charges.

Fair enough really as their charges date back to 2009 when the player was first signed so to deduct the points now would be really harsh. The fact it took the FA so long to realise that the rules had been broken and then almost an entire season for them to sort it out is yet further proof that the FA are not fit for purpose.

+Quote Post
eastbournehero
post May 7 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #19

Youth team

Member No.: 5586

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ May 7 2011, 12:37 PM) *
They have escaped a points deduction but have been found guilty on 2 charges.

Fair enough really as their charges date back to 2009 when the player was first signed so to deduct the points now would be really harsh. The fact it took the FA so long to realise that the rules had been broken and then almost an entire season for them to sort it out is yet further proof that the FA are not fit for purpose.

Totally agree with this, it happened 2 seasons ago so a points deduction for this season would of been totally out of order in my eye's. A big fine is enough. As for the F.A. they are becoming a bigger joke.

+Quote Post
eastbournehero
post May 7 2011, 11:51 AM
Post #20

Youth team

Member No.: 5586

They just scored against leeds after 30 seconds and then soon after the chant of 'thats why were champions'. Good old football passion

cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post May 7 2011, 02:18 PM
Post #21

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

wink.gif

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
toto
post May 7 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #22

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ May 7 2011, 03:18 PM) *

wink.gif

I heard Robbie Savage on 5 Live about 10 mins ago implying that he wasn't happy with the outcome. Also the Cardiff manager wasn't too pleased. Maybe the FA backed down and failed in their responsibilities? The fine is pretty massive, so the FA must have adjudged their actions to be pretty dodgy/bad.
There is going to be discussion on it now on 5 Live and it will be interesting to hear different perspectives on it...

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post May 7 2011, 05:20 PM
Post #23

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6230

QUOTE (toto @ May 3 2011, 11:06 PM) *
Whoops, you are correct i made a few errors here...rather a rushed posting but at least it raised some interest and got a few to delve into their memory banks and reconnect with the past.

I remember both Graham Birks and Trevor-indeed i think Graham is on my old film that i posted on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BKjLGv_TFg

Enjoy it, if you haven't already

love that film mate can watch it over and over . the game pt 2 takes me back in time i feel i can leave the ground walk up gorst hill and home and see my mum and dad guiness.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
Harry Blaen
post May 7 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #24

born 2B blue

Member No.: 5237

QUOTE (toto @ May 7 2011, 06:08 PM) *
I heard Robbie Savage on 5 Live about 10 mins ago implying that he wasn't happy with the outcome. Also the Cardiff manager wasn't too pleased.

Robbie the professional Welshman (when it suits him) Savage is a bird brained gypo tool at the best of times. He has evidently retired as he didn't want to play in the lower leagues. After the season he's just had at Derby, he wouldn't be able to play much lower in any case.

Were Forest to beat both of the sheepshaggers back to back and sneak into the Premier league (God help them if they do), I would be able to sign off this season an infeasibly happy man.

This post has been edited by Harry Blaen: May 7 2011, 08:53 PM

+Quote Post
lukowski14
post May 8 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #25

1st team captain

Member No.: 3653

QUOTE (Harry Blaen @ May 7 2011, 09:46 PM) *
QUOTE (toto @ May 7 2011, 06:08 PM) *
I heard Robbie Savage on 5 Live about 10 mins ago implying that he wasn't happy with the outcome. Also the Cardiff manager wasn't too pleased.

Robbie the professional Welshman (when it suits him) Savage is a bird brained gypo tool at the best of times. He has evidently retired as he didn't want to play in the lower leagues. After the season he's just had at Derby, he wouldn't be able to play much lower in any case.

Were Forest to beat both of the sheepshaggers back to back and sneak into the Premier league (God help them if they do), I would be able to sign off this season an infeasibly happy man.

well to be fair, derby fans love him now and the majority are gutted about his retirement - when he first signed they weren't at all happy so you have to give credit to him for turning that around

--------------------
CHESTER FC
" at worst it will be brilliant "

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2018 - 05:47 AM