Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chester .F.C. Old Football Programmes., Very, Rare.
Dragonslayer
post Aug 26 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #1

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 4203

I save old football programmes, especially those where Chester .F.C. are involved, but I have made a rule that I won't pay any more than £50 for any one programme. Two very rare programmes are for sale, on www.sportsprogrammes.net (in their offers catalogue section £0001- £0500). They are as follows Number 257. Chester versus Atherton 25th March 1914, minimum offer £100, and Number 258. Chester versus Birkenhead 1907/8, minimum offer £150. As a matter of interest my oldest Chester .F.C. programme is Everton. F.C. away on January 1st 1944 in the Qualifying competition of the Football League War Cup. The price of the programme was one penny. Everton won 7-0. I have been told in no uncertain terms to not even think about buying these two programmes. I await BOT's response to my last comment. biggrin.gif If anyone is interested, please let me know if you were successful in purchasing the above programmes. I sincerely hope that they go to a Chester City.F.C. supporter.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Aug 27 2009, 07:20 AM
Post #2

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 11

5834. NEW BRIGHTON v Chester 34-5 v.slmk small piece miss off corner min £250

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif guiness.gif

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Aug 27 2009, 08:51 AM
Post #3

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

Ive got an old programme at home to Darlington from the mid eighties,its very rare as its the only one one of its kind as i spilt bovril on the cover.
I will gladly accept your top offer of £50 for this rare piece of CCFC history.

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
Southern Blue
post Aug 27 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #4

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2331

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Aug 27 2009, 09:51 AM) *
Ive got an old programme at home to Darlington from the mid eighties,its very rare as its the only one one of its kind as i spilt bovril on the cover.

Got that one m8, but sadly without the accompanied Bovril stain, so reckon I'd be lucky to get 50p for it. biggrin.gif Dark blue programme front.

--------------------
I want to play a game.

+Quote Post
Dragonslayer
post Aug 27 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #5

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 4203

The Bovril's probably worth more than the programme! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 27 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #6

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (Dragonslayer @ Aug 27 2009, 10:20 AM) *

..picked up one at an antique shop in Crewe yesterday it was a match between us and Port Vale in 1983,it cost just 50p(15p more than it's original price) opened it up when i got home to find an article about me inside it! blush.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Aug 27 2009, 11:02 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 27 2009, 11:41 AM) *

..picked up one at an antique shop in Crewe yesterday it was a match between us and Port Vale in 1983,it cost just 50p(15p more than it's original price) opened it up when i got home to find an article about me inside it! blush.gif

I think i have got that one NFBF! does it have Neville Southall in goal for Vale?

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please

We exist

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 27 2009, 11:44 AM
Post #8

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Aug 27 2009, 12:02 PM) *

I think i have got that one NFBF! does it have Neville Southall in goal for Vale?

Yes i sent pictures (By phone) to John Thomas as it has pictures of his hat-trick in it,he texed back and said he remembers like it was yesterday! (It cost me a fur coat,i promised the first Chester player who scored a hat-trick that season would get a fur coat for their wife/partner) rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Aug 27 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 27 2009, 12:44 PM) *

Yes i sent pictures (By phone) to John Thomas as it has pictures of his hat-trick in it,he texed back and said he remembers like it was yesterday! (It cost me a fur coat,i promised the first Chester player who scored a hat-trick that season would get a fur coat for their wife/partner) rolleyes.gif

ooh get you with your fancy phone biggrin.gif
John Thomas tremendous striker for us that season,i think he banged in about 30 goals

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please

We exist

+Quote Post
Elton Blues
post Aug 27 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #10

Our City, Our Community, Our Club
Group Icon

Member No.: 40

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Aug 27 2009, 01:04 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 27 2009, 12:44 PM) *

ooh get you with your fancy phone biggrin.gif
John Thomas tremendous striker for us that season,i think he banged in about 30 goals

One of my favourite players is JT, I remember him running clear of the defence at Sealand Road only for the ball to hit him on the back of the head!

--------------------
I am one of the thousands of fools and proud of it!

+Quote Post
Stan Gandy
post Aug 27 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 218

Hope you bought it from Chris Courtenay Williams NFBF who I had the pleasure to meet for the first time at the recent fans meeting. Unless of course you are Chris Courtenay Williams?!!! (and if you are probably everybody else on this board knows that except me!).

--------------------
'Professional football is all about pain' - H.McNally RIP (Stan Gandy is David Evans)

+Quote Post
mused
post Aug 27 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #12

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

QUOTE (Stan Gandy @ Aug 27 2009, 01:25 PM) *

Hope you bought it from Chris Courtenay Williams NFBF who I had the pleasure to meet for the first time at the recent fans meeting. Unless of course you are Chris Courtenay Williams?!!! (and if you are probably everybody else on this board knows that except me!).

laugh.gif

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
Bear in the Big ...
post Aug 27 2009, 01:01 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5

Stanley that's another fine mess you got yourself into. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Proud to be one spot of rain in a "shower of fools"

+Quote Post
Stan Gandy
post Aug 27 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #14

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 218

Thanks for the PMs - I get there in the end, but it takes me longer than most!!! unsure.gif

--------------------
'Professional football is all about pain' - H.McNally RIP (Stan Gandy is David Evans)

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Aug 27 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #15

Good job you didnt say he was a t**t ph34r.gif

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please

We exist

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 27 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #16

Club Director
Group Icon

Guilty as charged! rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd April 2018 - 05:55 PM