> Problems logging in this morning, 23rd Aug 2009
3mm
post Aug 23 2009, 08:08 AM
Post #1

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Had a lot of trouble getting onto Devachat this morning. First thing ... after entering my details.... there was a huge delay when nothing appeared to be happening... and I noticed in the bottom LH corner of the browser... "Transferring data from www.paypal.com...".

Why am I waiting for Paypal I wondered...

After that, I got an error message saying I had to have an account before I could log in. I re-tried a couple of times making sure I entered the correct info ... but got the same thing. In desperation, I switched from Firefox to IE and surprisingly got in first time.

I'm not suggesting it's a Firefox problem, but something odd was deffo happening with Devachat this morning.

I am currently using IE and will log out and try Firefox...

Edit: Tried again with Firefox and got a huge delay with a message in bottom LH corner "Transferring data from www.devachat.com". At least that was an improvement from Paypal, but I could still not gain access. Closed Firefox, re-opened it, and got in using it.

I'm now using Firefox but it's taken me quite a few minutes to get back in.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Aug 23 2009, 08:26 AM
Post #2

JamesDee

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3729

When I logged in during the very early hours I had my usual problem that when I click on "View New Posts" I get that message about flood control being in operation and waiting for over 30 seconds or being told to check up.on how to use the system. Four hours later this problem is still there so I reckon it has Saturday Night Fever. In OK now though - I hope.

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Aug 23 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 173

I just stay logged in. No problems.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 08:16 PM