technicolor drea...
post Aug 9 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #101

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3939

QUOTE (Roman @ Aug 8 2009, 10:49 PM) *
QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Aug 8 2009, 10:42 PM) *
Roman, whats your view on SV "spending" 11 grand a week on cleaning ?? Is that a proper way of running a business, or a crook laundering money for his own good and running CCFC into the ground ?

Over to you. or will you duck as usual ?...

Che £11000 on laundary is irrelevent as its money he is never going to get back

It's not irrelevant because it is probably suspected to be a fictitious invoice, Created to:

1)Ensure the share of the debt held by HMRC was lower than they were really entitled to, so that that they could be outvoted at the the original CVA meeting. (Hence the appeal, hence the verdict, hence the non-affiliation).

2)Provide a means of transferring CCFC money into another business, and from there who knows to where.....

It is the suspicion of just this kind of financial irregularity, that untimately will be SVs, and probably Chester's downfall.

--------------------
Chester FC
Best soap opera of the week....
and an omnibus edition at the weekend...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mused
post Aug 9 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #102

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

QUOTE (Roman @ Aug 8 2009, 08:52 PM) *
Everyone has a pop at SV and I can see why, but will the fans and the council take any responsibility for the club being in this situation or do you see it as all SV's fault?
SV would have matched the money put in by fans and then some, but certain fans chose to boycott, and pick fights with the club at any opportunity
Could the fans have done more?
Could the council have done more?
We all know SV could have done more

Bob, I just want to watch a bit of football on a Saturday afternoon! I pay to get in, have a few beers in the bar, get the odd programme and shirt and sometimes take my lad. Is that not enough?

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
Banksy
post Aug 9 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #103

Banksy's Profile

Member No.: 1169

QUOTE (Bambi_CCFC @ Aug 8 2009, 10:06 PM) *
Don't get me wrong I want SV out as much as anyone else.

BUT

The moronic people of Chester have to take a lot of blame of the failure of this club not just over the past 5 years, but going back 15/20 years. They're too wrapped up with their adopted premiership teams to care about the local side just down the road from them.

IF the people of Chester weren't so ignorant and generally pathetic we wouldnt have needed the likes of Smith and Vaughan to "rescue" us in the first place as we could have stood on our own two feet.

I'm ashamed to to say I come from Chester because in footballing terms at least, the inhabitants of this City (bar the people who turn up at the Deva every week) are the lowest of the low.

I think it's fair to say that the club have let the people of Chester go and support whichever premier league club they want, through their lack of marketing the club in the last 15-20 years.

How many times did we see advertising from the likes of Tranmere in the Chester Chronicle, whilst there was nothing from City?

How many times did we hear adverts for "following the Dragons" on MFM when it served both Wr**h*m & Chester, but no adverts for City?

Wr**h*m even got into the schools in the Chester area, and many were treated to a package at Wr**h*m which included them giving away merchandise to the school children, thus getting them on-side, and away from their own club, you could say that's a cheek from the Goats, but you could also say that they have speculated to accumulate, something CCFC never ever does!

The only advertising in the last 15 years I can actually recall were from Osprey Windows on the back of the Standard.

If you recall, the most successful advertising was when the ISA were getting people down to Deva - I've even got the "Battling for the Blues" poster on my desk at work!!

The ISA managed to increase attendances by 50% at one stage, now just imagine if the club had bothered to put their mind to it, what they may have achieved.

Gutterman, Smith, and now Vaughan are all guilty of it, and they were all offered help to take the club forward, but all have never done anything about it, so the blame does lie at the owners feet for letting the supporters down.

Only now the current regime has taken things a lot further and has had many chances to save the club, but decided against it, and so we see the current position the club finds itself in.

If SV was so desperate to walk away from the club, why would he have wanted £4m from anyone but his son's bid for the club, when he knew he was never going to get that amount.

So, and in response to Roman's original post, could the fans have done more? We have tried, but I think you should be asking why the club have not done more?

The fans have offered as you can see from Saltney Blue's excellent posts, but the club have just not bothered to take advantage of the fans help.

This post has been edited by Banksy: Aug 9 2009, 10:50 AM

--------------------
Follow my Twitter @Banks247 / Facebook JB

One Voice, One Passion

I am a Chester fan...I am a Cestrian

CHESTER FC - EVO-STIK FIRST DIVISION NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010/11, EVO-STIK PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2011/12, BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012/13

Our Community, Our City, Our Club.

Jeff Banks - Media Volunteer

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Aug 9 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #104

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 11

Top post Mr Banks. Again, he wont answer because he is wrong.

It isn't about blame at this stage as Bambi says, it's about moving forward, and ensuring that whoever is in charge at CCFC in the future does whatever they can to grow the fanbase.

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
Achmed Lad
post Aug 9 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #105

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3899

QUOTE (Roman @ Aug 8 2009, 09:06 PM) *
QUOTE (Charfield Blue @ Aug 8 2009, 09:03 PM) *
I think we as fans have been a little slow in realising the true threat of SV. The point at which we could have made a difference was when he came in. We could have lobbied the FA then and said - look what this fella has done to Barrow, how can you allow him to take over at another club. Unfortunately we were just so desperate to get rid of the loon that was Coco that we didn't heed the warnings.

I don't think that was the point for me when it started to go wrong was when MW left the club on the eve of the Notts County game

Are you for real? I mean, seriously?
Was he the only manager in the whole world? Who actually appointed his replacements? Who was in charge of getting the best man for the job, not just someone either cheap or desperate?

--------------------
Love Moss, hate Saunders.

+Quote Post
1 Paul Carden
post Aug 9 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #106

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1481

QUOTE (Bambi_CCFC @ Aug 8 2009, 10:06 PM) *
Don't get me wrong I want SV out as much as anyone else.

BUT

The moronic people of Chester have to take a lot of blame of the failure of this club not just over the past 5 years, but going back 15/20 years. They're too wrapped up with their adopted premiership teams to care about the local side just down the road from them.

IF the people of Chester weren't so ignorant and generally pathetic we wouldnt have needed the likes of Smith and Vaughan to "rescue" us in the first place as we could have stood on our own two feet.

I'm ashamed to to say I come from Chester because in footballing terms at least, the inhabitants of this City (bar the people who turn up at the Deva every week) are the lowest of the low.

Dagenham? Rochdale? Tranmere? Not disagreeing, however, clubs can exist if the right marketing nous is implemented. Bob Grey is not the answer. If you wanted to buy a punctured tyre and a bag full of hangers maybe, but CE of a football club? The only company he should be CE of is Just For Men.

--------------------
City Fans United

+Quote Post
ThrobsBlackHat
post Aug 9 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #107

RIP

Member No.: 2357

QUOTE (Roman @ Aug 8 2009, 08:52 PM) *
Everyone has a pop at SV and I can see why, but will the fans and the council take any responsibility for the club being in this situation or do you see it as all SV's fault?
SV would have matched the money put in by fans and then some, but certain fans chose to boycott, and pick fights with the club at any opportunity
Could the fans have done more?
Could the council have done more?
We all know SV could have done more

Fair play, what a sack of turd.

No fans spent thousands on laundry when the team was not even playing.

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Aug 9 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #108

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

Funny, how the SV crew all go silent when they are asked difficult questions.

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Aug 9 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #109

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Aug 9 2009, 05:46 PM) *

A bit like the 11+ laugh.gif

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
Bluesontop
post Aug 9 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #110

H Block..................
Group Icon

Member No.: 1942

QUOTE (Canadian Exile @ Aug 9 2009, 11:50 PM) *

That went out years ago you senile old man. wink.gif

--------------------
Chester City FC The pride of the North West

Colin Potts is a tramp.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Aug 10 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #111

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Bluesontop @ Aug 10 2009, 12:07 AM) *

Us backward Wirral folk still have it

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Aug 10 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #112

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

QUOTE (XWWB @ Aug 9 2009, 08:20 PM) *
QUOTE (Bluesontop @ Aug 10 2009, 12:07 AM) *

Us backward Wirral folk still have it

And I understand BoT failed miserably!! laugh.gif guiness.gif

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Aug 10 2009, 07:21 AM
Post #113

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (Roman @ Aug 8 2009, 09:09 PM) *
QUOTE (Ben @ Aug 8 2009, 09:07 PM) *
QUOTE (Roman @ Aug 8 2009, 09:04 PM) *
Not sure what I am writing in at the moment as I think SV's desperately wants out he is stuck between a rock and a hard place

Roman, tell SV to put the club up for sale at a reasonable price and listen to offers like he should have done last time!

What would you call a reasonable price? and if you put lets say 3 million in what would you expect to get back?

No, let's change that Roman, he's not 'put in £3million' he's wasted it, every single penny, signing players on wages beyond our capabilities of paying, bringing in and firing a succession of managers, wasting money on financial settlements for the sacked players, and managers. Spitting his dummy out and blaming the fans for not turning up, when the club should have been asking these people what they can do to get them down there on a regular basis, and not resort to alienating them further by slagging them off....

Vaughan has wasted so much money, and has lied through his teeth, especially after the gathering at the ground on Thursday "we'll play on Saturday" he said "the players registrations are all done and dusted" he said..... What a load of b*ll*cks.....

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
blue cestrian
post Jul 13 2017, 03:30 PM
Post #114

Youth team

Member No.: 2072

the one thing I like about this site is the history is still there

+Quote Post
Burrfect
post Jul 15 2017, 09:36 AM
Post #115

Squad player

Member No.: 11919

Brings it all back and shows how far we have come from those dark days, let's all come together support the manager the team and the board, lets have a really good season with a positive response to who ever puts on the shirts .THIS IS OUR CLUB.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 10:59 PM