Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wright interview on Radio Merseyside, City v Slop
banjo
post Apr 17 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #1

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2121

It's about the 15th link up from the bottom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/content/art...7_feature.shtml

--------------------
Hey Vaughan,I like Bingo. !!!!

PLAY TO WIN..
ALWAYS GIVE 110%

Where's that Fu**in' rainbow,this Bast*rd rain is bluring my vision !!!!!!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post Apr 17 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1749

QUOTE (banjo @ Apr 17 2007, 02:12 PM) *
It's about the 15th link up from the bottom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/content/art...7_feature.shtml

Bloody awful man,he knows perfectly well what the concerns would have been,and it is extremely devious for scruffbag to try to say people are having a go at youngsters.That is patently untrue.

See here as well for more appropriate comment:http://www.chester-city.co.uk/latest.asp

If you hadn't seen a game this season you'd be excused listening to him what the fuss is all about.He is the classic 'talk a good job'.

A fascinating insight into the mind of the man,unfortunately it's the same old same old.Excuse after excuse.

This post has been edited by Fathead The Gladiator: Apr 17 2007, 01:44 PM

--------------------
North Wales Chester FC Supporters Group

+Quote Post
Elton Blues
post Apr 17 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #3

Our City, Our Community, Our Club
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 40

Did anyone actually hear any negative shouts about the young lads on Sunday? Was there any booing at the end of the first and second half and that is him saying that the fans are being negative...or does he mean someone else is being negative?

--------------------
I am one of the thousands of fools and proud of it!

+Quote Post
leigh blue
post Apr 17 2007, 02:05 PM
Post #4

1st team sub

Member No.: 2420

He sounded like a man twisting in the wind to me. He hates the fans cos he sees them as a threat and he fears the chairman. So he turns his fire on those mythical supporters who have a go at the young players. We need a manager with a few brain cells. We don't have one at the moment. Relieve the current incumbent of his position Mr Chairman (he is a man who attacks his own dwindling support like a man at a sweetshop who says "don't buy sweets at my sweet shop, you miserable bastards, just because you don't like my liquorish allsorts!" MW's an idiot SV. React to this!!!

F***ING hell. I love this club. This guy knows nothing! Takes some doing to go thru the Liverpool learning process and learn nothing! Shanks! Did anyone tell HIM about Shanks!! He loved the players, he loved the club. But MORE THAN ALL THAT..and I hope you are f*****g reading this MW, he loved the fans!!!! And he is loved, revered and respected on Merseyside, at least the equal of, if not above, The Beatles! You have No clue man. You are not even close. Football clubs (not just teams) are built on passion, committment, determination and togetherness. Forget it MW. You don't understand. Sorry>

+Quote Post
Crazy Badger
post Apr 17 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #5

Crazier than a box of...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1035

I'm sorry, but if he didn't talk such SH*TE people might give him more of a chance.

Quote "I've never ever gone out to play for the draw - I always want to win"

Playing a defensive 5-3-2 formation which results in one shot on target over 90 minutes is hardly wanting to win.

But wait, no, what he really means is "I hate to concede goals - I just can't stand to concede"

Playing a defensive 5-3-2 formation would suggest the focus is not to concede, different to playing for the win which requires at least 1 goal wink.gif

Which is it Mark?

And ask for Neil Turner - yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir. Does SV has everyone living in fear?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ThrobsBlackHat
post Apr 17 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #6

RIP

Member No.: 2357

The bloke is absolutely barmy.

"I will say it for the last time, we lost 5 players"

Let's have a sweepstake for the next time he says it!

+Quote Post
Crazy Badger
post Apr 17 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #7

Crazier than a box of...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1035

Can I have Saturday 21st April 2007 @ around 17:00 please?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Apr 17 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #8

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

It's a catch 22. Fans want a competitve team BUT at the momment many also want to stay away. If you stay away however the club can't generate enough revenue to put together a competitive team in the first place. Based on the gates we've been getting this season we'll struggle to fund a squad that can do better than we are now. Again, that won't be good enough and fans will continue to stay away. It's a downward spiral i'm afraid.

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
ThrobsBlackHat
post Apr 17 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #9

RIP

Member No.: 2357

The "kids" argument does not really stack up against Hall at 22, Ashton at 21, Langmead at just turned 22, Edwards at 20, Tierney at 21, and Symes at 23.

This post has been edited by ThrobsBlackHat: Apr 17 2007, 02:59 PM

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Apr 17 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #10

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

After reading his remarks about the fans in last night's Evening Leader, I said to my wife that he must have been at a different game to me. I was sat fairly close to the dugout and heard nothing derogatory aimed at the players from the fans around me. In fact, most of the people were complimenting the youngsters on their enthusiasm!

As the game wore on I heard about three shouts from fans demanding that MW do something about the hoofball - but that's a damn sight less than I've heard for most of this season!

So what I'm saying to you Mark, is "You are badly mistaken if you think the fans were unsupportive on Sunday - the sun must have gotten to you".

Anyone else hear anything negative aimed at the team on Sunday - or was it just the one person?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Apr 17 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

The negative remarks around me were made towards the style of play, not to any of the young, or otherwise, players.

I think we have established that MW is talking complete b*ll*cks to try and save his back, once again. It's either the supporters or the referee...

+Quote Post
Jasmine
post Apr 17 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #12

1st team regular
Group Icon

Member No.: 24

I was in the East Stand , all I heard was one shout, aimed at MW, early in the second half along the lines of 'call this entertainment?'

Oh, and a couple of people shouted 'Judas' at Drummond as he went in at the end of the first half.

--------------------
Chester FC is for life, not just for Christmas (or when we're winning!)

+Quote Post
Almost Blue
post Apr 17 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #13

1st team captain

Member No.: 2954

Listening to Mark Wright's full interview with Neil Turner after the Shrewsbury game - all 15 minutes of it - I have to say I don't know where he is coming from about people getting on the youngsters backs. Most terrace regulars where I stand are delighted to see them playing and are fully supportive - I think he picks up on a few comments behind him in the stand and takes it to heart. I don't think he needs to p*ss the remaining supporters off any more or there won't be any left! These kids are the future of the club and need to be encouraged, at least they try - unlike some more seasoned campaigners in our ranks!

--------------------
English Corner, Harry Mac Terrace - since 1992.

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Apr 17 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #14

Chester legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 701

The guy is a 1st class prat, and ive decided im seriously going to think if im gonna carry on supporting the club while he's still in charge. sad.gif

WRIGHT OUT cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Apr 17 2007, 10:33 PM
Post #15

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 1308

QUOTE (connahs quay blue @ Apr 17 2007, 10:07 PM) *
The guy is a 1st class prat, and ive decided im seriously going to think if im gonna carry on supporting the club while he's still in charge. sad.gif

WRIGHT OUT cityscarf.gif

Nail on head mate.

I have made the decision not to go until the clown goes.There are at the minute probably a thousand people like me.But dont let the 3/4 happee clappees on her,and thats all there is,tell you different.Dont forget we are "boycotters" according to AAS!

People have a choice and i defend it wholeheartedly.Watch KKKs football or do something usefull with their lives.Until he goes then we,as a club,are going nowhere but downhill.

Leave,and leave now KKK.You read this board so do us all a favour and F@@K OFF smile.gif

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
You see that burnt out world that he is living in
I don't need to look for the rules
Here comes the donkey
Chained to a ten ton plough
He'll never make that hill in a million years
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Apr 17 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

The man is alienating the fanbase so rapidly that his position will soon become untenable if he isn't careful.

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Apr 17 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #17

1st team legend
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mancot Shrew @ Apr 17 2007, 10:35 PM) *
The man is alienating the fanbase so rapidly that his position will soon become untenable if he isn't careful.

IT IS NOW UNTENABLE FFS!

BEAR???????????????????????????????????????????????DOUBLE FFS

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
Here comes the donkey
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
Trogdor
post Apr 17 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #18

Squad player

Member No.: 429

I really dont know what you people want!! Wright out....F**K OFF the man has been our best manager in the last 10-15 years. Look at the players he has brought in and had to sell, OK there have been some shockers as well namely Rapley and cameron to name just two. But lets have a think on at the quality that wright has brought us over the years, Clare, Stamp, Twiss, Drummond, Davies, Bolland, Hessey, Artell, Harkness im sure im forgetting some other key players. Oh yeah. that welsh international hopeful, local boy, dont really remember his naem, something to do with making him into a class centre back from being a forward, slips my mind now though....

Lets not get carried away with this end of season hang-over, the boys arent playing well cos the season is over, were staying away cos the season is basically over and the quality of the displays is rather poor. Lets give the man until at least 10-15 games in next season before we start calling for his head for god's sake!! And i personally think wright has done exactly the right thing with the youngsters, they need nurturing not flogging! I think some of us forget that our championship manager experience counts for F**K all!

Bring on the calls of Happy clapper!
SEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAALLLS

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Apr 17 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #19

1st team legend
Group Icon

QUOTE (Trogdor @ Apr 17 2007, 11:41 PM) *
I really dont know what you people want!! Wright out....F**K OFF the man has been our best manager in the last 10-15 years. Look at the players he has brought in and had to sell, OK there have been some shockers as well namely Rapley and cameron to name just two. But lets have a think on at the quality that wright has brought us over the years, Clare, Stamp, Twiss, Drummond, Davies, Bolland, Hessey, Artell, Harkness im sure im forgetting some other key players. Oh yeah. that welsh international hopeful, local boy, dont really remember his naem, something to do with making him into a class centre back from being a forward, slips my mind now though....

Lets not get carried away with this end of season hang-over, the boys arent playing well cos the season is over, were staying away cos the season is basically over and the quality of the displays is rather poor. Lets give the man until at least 10-15 games in next season before we start calling for his head for god's sake!! And i personally think wright has done exactly the right thing with the youngsters, they need nurturing not flogging! I think some of us forget that our championship manager experience counts for F**K all!

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAALLLS

HAHA

Nice one.Needed a good laugh.

Never played CM son so you can keep that argument.Its been a great year under the guidance of KKK hasnt it?Lets also bring back Eric Barnes as chairman eh?

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
Here comes the donkey
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
1 Paul Carden
post Apr 17 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #20

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1481

QUOTE (Caergwrle Blue @ Apr 18 2007, 12:46 AM) *

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAALLLS

HAHA

Never played CM son so you can keep that argument.Its been a great year under the guidance of KKK hasnt it?Lets also bring back Eric Barnes as chairman eh?

The fact you call him KKK really highlights you're personal grudge against the man, and nothing else. It isn't witty or intelligent, its merely provocative and uncalled for. You don't want to go and watch Chester City because MW is in charge? F**K me, this club has seen alot worse over the years-or were you not around to witness it, because you were supporting Manchester United or Liverpool that season? If him being manager is enough to stop you going to watch Chester then you're far too dispensable as a fan anyway.

--------------------
City Fans United

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Apr 18 2007, 12:09 AM
Post #21

1st team legend
Group Icon

QUOTE (1 Paul Carden @ Apr 17 2007, 11:55 PM) *
QUOTE (Caergwrle Blue @ Apr 18 2007, 12:46 AM) *

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAALLLS

HAHA

The fact you call him KKK really highlights you're personal grudge against the man, and nothing else. It isn't witty or intelligent, its merely provocative and uncalled for. You don't want to go and watch Chester City because MW is in charge? F**K me, this club has seen alot worse over the years-or were you not around to witness it, because you were supporting Manchester United or Liverpool that season? If him being manager is enough to stop you going to watch Chester then you're far too dispensable as a fan anyway.

Clueless you mate.

I have never supported any other club than CCFC.Hope that clears that one up for you.If you or anyone else chooses to watch a premier side either at the ground or on the box,then whatever floats your boat,not my bag.

I'm 33 pal and seen it all with this club so dont try getting on your happee high horse as you wont get far with me.

The fact i call him whatever i want is my choice so grab your pipe and smoke that argument as well.

If you like what you have seen this year then fine,your choice,but i'll have MY say and judging by the 1000 or so others like me then you just have to settle for being in the other camp dont you?For the record this was on the cards the minute he came back to the club.No way in a million years should he have stepped back here,but when no other club in their right mind would take a manager with so much baggage as KKK,then you take the job if you're him.

Ask Wayne Hatswell,he'll fill you in with the details.

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
Here comes the donkey
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Apr 18 2007, 12:21 AM
Post #22

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

I assume we all are Chester Supporters so let's calm down a little. Clearly more people want MW to go than want him to stay (at least on this Board, which may or may not be representative of the other few folks who go) but whether he goes or not is less important than whether we have a team worthy of the name.

Certainly there have been some awful displays over the years but they have almost always been mitigated by the fact that management and players cared. It seems to me (from a distance admittedly) that this is increasingly not the case, probably driven by the constant player churn that goes on nowadays and the circus that is the governing body of the club.

We can only hope that common sense prevails and either MW starts to field a team that entertains and cares or somebody else is given that opportunity. The current situation will lead to disaster, just look at Scarborough, Boston et al, no support and strange "ownership" leads to oblivion.

Now, where's my glass......

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Apr 18 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #23

1st team legend
Group Icon

QUOTE (Canadian Exile @ Apr 18 2007, 12:21 AM) *
I assume we all are Chester Supporters so let's calm down a little. Clearly more people want MW to go than want him to stay (at least on this Board, which may or may not be representative of the other few folks who go) but whether he goes or not is less important than whether we have a team worthy of the name.

Certainly there have been some awful displays over the years but they have almost always been mitigated by the fact that management and players cared. It seems to me (from a distance admittedly) that this is increasingly not the case, probably driven by the constant player churn that goes on nowadays and the circus that is the governing body of the club.

We can only hope that common sense prevails and either MW starts to field a team that entertains and cares or somebody else is given that opportunity. The current situation will lead to disaster, just look at Scarborough, Boston et al, no support and strange "ownership" leads to oblivion.

Now, where's my glass......

I am very calm Moose Man.Always have been.Others do get the hump but thats life.........

We have actually over the years been quite a tolerant set of fans but this ones different because of who it is.Its the man who messed with the players wives,its the man who actually played the same dire stuff in the conference until Smith arrived,its the man who walked out on us and most of all its the the man who left his other appointments(including ours)under a very very dark cloud.Its a no brainer this and if we want a united fan base again the someone else has to come in and KKK simply has to go.It really is that simple.

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
Here comes the donkey
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
3mm
post Apr 18 2007, 06:43 AM
Post #24

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

He is starting to speak out more and more, which I think is the sign of a desperate man. It's like a boxer throwing a final flurry of punches before being knocked out.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post Apr 18 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #25

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1749

QUOTE (3mm @ Apr 18 2007, 07:43 AM) *
He is starting to speak out more and more, which I think is the sign of a desperate man. It's like a boxer throwing a final flurry of punches before being knocked out.

Yes,I thought that too, he was definitely worried, I presume he has nowhere to go from the last chance saloon.

I think the 'last chance saloon' mentality before the football wilderness counts for an awful lot of what we are seeing on the pitch lately.

--------------------
North Wales Chester FC Supporters Group

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2018 - 07:44 AM