Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Britain tops crime league for break-ins and assaults., Have you ever been the victim of crime?
Neil Fishers Big...
post Feb 6 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #1

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

Britain has one of the worst crime rates in europe,a report said yesterday.It is the most burgled in Europe,has the highest level of assaults and above average car theft,robbery and pickpocketing,only Ireland has a worst record.
Myself,i have had grass mowers and strimmers taken from my garage at home,i had two bikes taken from my shop,when i was in town,(one i had to"Buy back" from a second-hand shop in town,where i discovered it,Police advice at the time was,if you want it back,you will have to pay for it,as the shopkeeper assures us,that he bought it "In good faith" After that experience,the next bike i bought i kept it inside the building,only for that to go as well! My only other experience of crime,was confronting "Animal Rights" protesters at my shop,no damage to me,but made a bit of a mess of one of my rooms,and set a fire alarm off! It seems today that it is harder to find someone who hasnt had experience of crime! (Tony Blair,1997 "We will be tough on crime,tough on criminals!)

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Feb 6 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #2

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

I got hit in a pub once when I was 16 but it was kind of my own fault for not knowing when to shut up.

Other than that, I've been quite lucky. I suppose being 6' 5" might help!!

+Quote Post
Hot Cancer
post Feb 6 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #3

Gimme some sugar baby.
Group Icon

Member No.: 1316

Yes.

Burgled about 4 times when i lived in leeds, including having my car nicked, which was later found. Had my car broken into in Frodsham, resutling in the radio being stolen. Had my phone nicked from a changing rooms at the Pits in Manc. Had £3,000 fraudulently swiped off a credit card, later refunded back to me.

Erm.. i think that's about it.

--------------------
How's that for a slice of fried gold?

+Quote Post
the rix 182
post Feb 6 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #4

Deva Chats Sexiest

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 250

My next door neighbour ( a friend of 16 years at the time) slept over at mine the night before i went on holiday to Germany, when i arrived backi found my bank card in her room and i was missing £600. Never spoke to the Bitch again

--------------------
have you had enough? i guess not coz your lips are stuck to mine

+Quote Post
Crazy Badger
post Feb 6 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #5

Crazier than a box of...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1035

Have only ever had my car violated, but about 6-7 time - twice in the same week.

If I'd have got my hands on them they wouldn't have been able to drive ever again mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kartlad90
post Feb 6 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #6

Iceman
Group Icon

Member No.: 2098

I have had my phone nicked at the Wr**h*m home match in the 2005/2006 season, while watching the match, i set up a thread on here pleading for help actually.

+Quote Post
Scott
post Feb 6 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #7

Up the seals

Member No.: 2029

Shed broken into.

+Quote Post
Phil Babb
post Feb 6 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #8

I dislike goalposts.

Member No.: 2986

Had my car broken into last year (1 week after gettin it!). In Newtown - never ever leave your car there, full of scum that place is.

Caught him in the act though, good job he could run quicker than I could.

Had another attempted break in I think, in August just before I flew out to Malaga for the week, think who ever it was ran away when they saw me put my bedroom lights on to get ready to go at about 6 in the morning. Tried popping the windscreen off I think (new way to break in apparently!).

Havent had anything done wrong since.

+Quote Post
WAussie Blue
post Feb 6 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 535

Jeez! Have I lead a sheltered life??

Many years ago I was talked into going to watch Everton and became a victim of crime at Goodison....... they charged us to get in!!! biggrin.gif

More recently I sold my house in Australia. After I'd put it up for sale the NSW Government introduced a tax on house sales. I didn't think it would affect me as my house was already on the market. "Oh no," said the bureaucrat on the phone, "you have to pay us 2.25% of the sale price." Eventually the house sold and I had to pay thou$ands of Dollar$ to the f*****g NSW Government!! mad.gif

But wait, there's more! The tax put off property investors who took their money to other states, the property market slumped in NSW and seven months after I had sold my house the f*****g NSW Government was forced to abolish the tax. ohmy.gif

I can hear you now, "Surely, Aussie Blue, they would give refunds to those who were unfortunate enough to have fallen victim to this ill-conceived tax?" Er..... NO! mad.gif

The moral of this little story my friends is that no matter how many times your house gets broken into, your car stolen, or your credit card used fraudulently, remember that the biggest crooks are in GOVERNMENT. mad.gif (and the banks)

Hope this helps,
Angry Blue

--------------------
31st August 2013 - "We came, we scored, we conquered!"

+Quote Post
BLUE AND WHITE G...
post Feb 6 2007, 07:48 PM
Post #10

King Of The Ghosthunters
Group Icon

Member No.: 1805

i was punched in the face once walking back to my house when i used to live in chester,i was drunk and in no state to defend myself,this little sh*t came from nowhere and asked me for the time,i told him and he then said i don't like the look of your face and then punched me,i remember standing there and lokking at him,he expexted me to go down,i looked at him in amazement and asked him why he had done it and he laughed at me,i remember hearing other voices.i dread to think what would have happened had others started on me.he just ran off laughing and i staggered home the remaining few hundred yards,he could have had my wallet or my phone but ouched neither,just a waste of skin looking for something to do......

--------------------
FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE NO PROOF IS NEEDED.
FOR THOSE THAT DON'T NO PROOF IS ENOUGH
WHEN YOU ELIMINATE THE IMPOSSIBLE,WHATEVER REMAINS,NO MATTER HOW IMPROBABLE,MUST BE THE TRUTH
THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT,THE FUTURE IS BLUE AND WHITE
BEST GUESS OF AWAY FOLLOWING CHESTER V KENDAL 14/9/11 AWARD
FROM THE ASHES GROW THE ROSES OF SUCCESS
CHESTER FC, 4 YEARS, 3 TITLES AND ONE PASSION

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Feb 6 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #11

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Aussie Blue @ Feb 6 2007, 06:48 PM) *
Jeez! Have I lead a sheltered life??

Many years ago I was talked into going to watch Everton and became a victim of crime at Goodison....... they charged us to get in!!! biggrin.gif

More recently I sold my house in Australia. After I'd put it up for sale the NSW Government introduced a tax on house sales. I didn't think it would affect me as my house was already on the market. "Oh no," said the bureaucrat on the phone, "you have to pay us 2.25% of the sale price." Eventually the house sold and I had to pay thou$ands of Dollar$ to the f*****g NSW Government!! mad.gif

But wait, there's more! The tax put off property investors who took their money to other states, the property market slumped in NSW and seven months after I had sold my house the f*****g NSW Government was forced to abolish the tax. ohmy.gif

I can hear you now, "Surely, Aussie Blue, they would give refunds to those who were unfortunate enough to have fallen victim to this ill-conceived tax?" Er..... NO! mad.gif

The moral of this little story my friends is that no matter how many times your house gets broken into, your car stolen, or your credit card used fraudulently, remember that the biggest crooks are in GOVERNMENT. mad.gif (and the banks)

Hope this helps,
Angry Blue

So right AB,the biggest thief in this country is GORDON BROWN!!!!! (Stop robbing my pension you thieving t**t!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Feb 7 2007, 12:22 PM
Post #12

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Had my house burgled years ago, not nice at all. Moved in the end, did the wifes head in.

Had my car window smashed outside my house and my sat nav nicked in December.

Got section 60'd by police at Northwich during the promotion season, "for looking big"... Thats a crime against my civil liberties in my humble opinion.

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
Juan King
post Feb 7 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1240

QUOTE (NWAS @ Feb 7 2007, 12:22 PM) *
Had my house burgled years ago, not nice at all. Moved in the end, did the wifes head in.

Had my car window smashed outside my house and my sat nav nicked in December.

Got section 60'd by police at Northwich during the promotion season, "for looking big"... Thats a crime against my civil liberties in my humble opinion.

Sat Nav's are the new car stereo to the petty car theif. It amazes me how many people actually leave them in their
cars when they are not in them.

--------------------
If you see a bloke opening a Car door for a woman,
It's either a new car or a new woman.

+Quote Post
WAussie Blue
post Feb 7 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (NWAS @ Feb 7 2007, 12:22 PM) *

I stated on another thread that living in this country was becoming like a Monty Python sketch. But this is straight out of "Not the Nine o'Clock News", namely the Constable Savage sketch. The dozey cop (Griff Rhys-Jones) was carpeted by his CO (Rowan Atkinson) for victimising a Mr Winston Kodogo and arresting him on trumped up charges such as "Looking at me in a funny way", "Wearing a loud shirt in a built-up area" etc. Hilarious at the time, but sadly based on fact.

--------------------

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Feb 8 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #15

A balanced view.
Group Icon

Member No.: 1562

all good news for me.

--------------------
Defender of the people...

+Quote Post
SueC
post Feb 9 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #16

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Member No.: 110

Had my moped stolen outside my house when I lived in Chester. Was found dumped and set light behind Great Mills DIY.
Had my car broken into and anorak stolen in Bristol.
Had an attempted theft of my car at my work's car park in Bristol - made a right mess of the lock with a screwdriver.
Had about £1800 worth of computer equipment bought on my credit card - all the money refunded by Barclaycard.
Had a commemorative Yeovil v Chester prog stolen from my pocket in the stand at Yeovil (their promotion day) by a fellow City fan standing behind me - personally, one of the most annoying.
In Naples, Italy, I had my bag snatched by a thief on a moped!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Feb 9 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #17

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (SueC @ Feb 9 2007, 03:14 PM) *
Had my moped stolen outside my house when I lived in Chester. Was found dumped and set light behind Great Mills DIY.
Had my car broken into and anorak stolen in Bristol.
Had an attempted theft of my car at my work's car park in Bristol - made a right mess of the lock with a screwdriver.
Had about £1800 worth of computer equipment bought on my credit card - all the money refunded by Barclaycard.
Had a commemorative Yeovil v Chester prog stolen from my pocket in the stand at Yeovil (their promotion day) by a fellow City fan standing behind me - personally, one of the most annoying.
In Naples, Italy, I had my bag snatched by a thief on a moped!

Oh dear,sorry to hear all about that Sue, hope the games on for your sake tomorrow. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Feb 9 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #18

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 699

And we think Britain is bad.....

Just look at the graph in this article. Almost 20,000 murders a year in S.Africa!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6347717.stm

+Quote Post
Citizen Erased
post Feb 9 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #19

A useless article

Member No.: 1901

i had my bike stolen from outside one stop on garden lane
had my car broken into for about 3 quid when i lived on st annes street, horrible there mind you

mind you i have been arrested twice so i guess what comes around goes around

+Quote Post
WAussie Blue
post Feb 9 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (CCFC @ Feb 9 2007, 07:36 PM) *
And we think Britain is bad.....

Just look at the graph in this article. Almost 20,000 murders a year in S.Africa!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6347717.stm

I find that hard to believe! My other 'alf wants to go the South Africa for our next holiday and there's nowt about all these murders in the brochures biggrin.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Citizen Erased
post Feb 12 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #21

A useless article

Member No.: 1901

walked out my house this morning to go to work, car gone. all that is in its place, a big pile of glass.

I fecking hate welsh thieving pikey bastards. day off mind you

+Quote Post
Langley Mill Blu...
post Feb 12 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #22

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 71

Various things over the years, but more recently I've had my vehicle vandalised four times outside the house. Always involves smashing one of the windows. Three times since September. mad.gif I get on with all my neighbours well and not had an arguement with any of them. It was also quite galling to receive a newsletter, the next day, telling me how low the crime was in Derbyshire.

After the third time the police asked if I had considered getting CCTV installed. My reply was along the lines of what would happen if I had it and the Chav scum were caught? Why should I pay out hundreds of pounds to catch someone who will be let off?

Makes you wonder why normal people don't get let off for parking tickets and speeding fines. I got a parking in ticket in London for parking in a loading bay. The fact that I was actually delivering kit to the store I was parked outside of was irrelevant. I could not appeal for two weeks and funnily enough the fine doubled if it wasn't paid within two weeks.

--------------------
You've got nothing to say and your saying it TOO LOUD!

+Quote Post
WAussie Blue
post Feb 12 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #23

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Langley Mill Blue @ Feb 12 2007, 12:47 PM) *
After the third time the police asked if I had considered getting CCTV installed. My reply was along the lines of what would happen if I had it and the Chav scum were caught? Why should I pay out hundreds of pounds to catch someone who will be let off?

I'm amazed..... shocked even.......... at the fact that you actually bothered to contact the police!

This sort of reaction to crime is the police's definition of "Protecting People, Fighting Crime" that you see airbrushed across police vehicles, a meaningless slogan dreamed up by some advertising to55er who probably got paid thou$ands to come up with it during his herbal tea-break?

The police are a waste of space, and our taxes. But the moment you try to protect your property yourself, you can bet your season ticket that they would lock you up before you could say "Fascist Bas......."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Langley Mill Blu...
post Feb 13 2007, 08:52 AM
Post #24

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (Aussie Blue @ Feb 12 2007, 09:43 PM) *
QUOTE (Langley Mill Blue @ Feb 12 2007, 12:47 PM) *

I'm amazed..... shocked even.......... at the fact that you actually bothered to contact the police!

This sort of reaction to crime is the police's definition of "Protecting People, Fighting Crime" that you see airbrushed across police vehicles, a meaningless slogan dreamed up by some advertising to55er who probably got paid thou$ands to come up with it during his herbal tea-break?

The police are a waste of space, and our taxes. But the moment you try to protect your property yourself, you can bet your season ticket that they would lock you up before you could say "Fascist Bas......."

One reason, and one reason only. They have to record the details. This then gets added to the crime stats for the area, we shoud ALL do the same so they can't tell us crime is falling. I don't believe for one second that they would catch anyone.

I think I read on the lovely glossy leaflet that Derbyshire police sent me that they would target areas that have higher crime rates, and I have noticed patrols coming down our street which has never happened before.

--------------------
You've got nothing to say and your saying it TOO LOUD!

+Quote Post
True Cestrian
post Feb 15 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #25

Youth team

Member No.: 3058

Ive been hit by a women and she kicked me in my b*lls (testicles) before now. If i hit a women i'd be put in prison, so why should women hit men and get away with it ? discuss ?

This post has been edited by True Cestrian: Feb 15 2007, 03:20 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 10:13 PM