Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ben Davies, the t**t-ometer
How much of a twat is Ben Davies?
compare him to one of the following:
Michael Branch [ 5 ] ** [6.17%]
Gary Bennett (sort of redeemed himself, but you know why he's on here) [ 5 ] ** [6.17%]
Chris Lightfoot [ 7 ] ** [8.64%]
Kevin Ratcliffe [ 4 ] ** [4.94%]
Mark Guterman [ 1 ] ** [1.23%]
Robbie Savage [ 20 ] ** [24.69%]
Dennis Smith [ 1 ] ** [1.23%]
Saddam Hussein [ 8 ] ** [9.88%]
Adolf Hitler [ 12 ] ** [14.81%]
Terry Smith [ 18 ] ** [22.22%]
Total Votes: 81
Guests cannot vote 
Quagmire
post May 20 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #1

Youth team

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1337

Fair enough he's gone, not that much of a great loss in my opinion, I'd much rather the Slop than us pay him 1000 quid a week to run around like a girl and send corners into the terracing, so let's at least make a light hearted t**t-ometer, perhaps we could get it printed in the programme for the shrews game next season? Or maybe not.....

--------------------
Chester Til I Die
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lobster
post May 20 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #2

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

Savage is the closest likeness

+Quote Post
3mm
post May 20 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #3

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (XWWB @ May 20 2006, 04:17 PM) *
Savage is the closest likeness

I think so too B)

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
cheadle blue
post May 20 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #4

1st team sub

Member No.: 1171

its only a bloody game! no need to take it all so seriously. we are talking about an average league 2 player who couldn't get in our conference side!

he has moved on for no doubt more money and to a better run, better supported, stable club (much as i hate to say it). drummond's comments about our training facilities sums it up really.

if you are drummond and davies, you must look at the season we have had, the rebuilding we will no doubt need to do again, the lack of a permanent training ground and the fact we get 2500 a game and want to move on. supporting chester is not easy so playing for us must be difficult too with all the constant turmoil.

+Quote Post
Joe Hawkins
post May 20 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Member No.: 731

QUOTE (cheadle blue @ May 20 2006, 05:13 PM) *
its only a bloody game! no need to take it all so seriously. we are talking about an average league 2 player who couldn't get in our conference side!

he has moved on for no doubt more money and to a better run, better supported, stable club (much as i hate to say it). drummond's comments about our training facilities sums it up really.

if you are drummond and davies, you must look at the season we have had, the rebuilding we will no doubt need to do again, the lack of a permanent training ground and the fact we get 2500 a game and want to move on. supporting chester is not easy so playing for us must be difficult too with all the constant turmoil.

Obviously being truthful isnt easy either!'Wont go to another league 2 club',i think were Davies's words,s**thouse!

+Quote Post
Quagmire
post May 20 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #6

Youth team

QUOTE (cheadle blue @ May 20 2006, 05:13 PM) *

Hence why I said let's at least make a light hearted t**t-ometer, I agree with you that he was over-rated and average at best, but he's still acted like an arsehole!

--------------------
Chester Til I Die

+Quote Post
VicarsCrossBlue
post May 20 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #7

Youth team
Group Icon

Member No.: 1943

He signs for shrewsbury town and poeple are voting him in same likeness of Adolf Hitler! biggrin.gif lmao

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post May 20 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #8

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2181

what an absoulte a**e going on about how he loves the fans and would never sign for another club in league 2 well the dyedhaired plactic beckham pansey can kiss my big fat ass. And there welocme to the overated t**t as well

+Quote Post
John 5
post May 20 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #9

Squad player

Member No.: 1486

He wasn't a fake David Beckham/Robert Savage when he was playing with us.

--------------------
¡La Ciudad de Chester gobierna para siempre, Wr**h*m chupa!!

Chester stads officiële Bond 2 Kampioenen, snak rechtstreeks de KONINGEN het als wij ons bewind van opperst uitspreiden!!

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post May 20 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2181

QUOTE (John 5 @ May 20 2006, 05:56 PM) *
He wasn't a fake David Beckham/Robert Savage when he was playing with us.

yes he was he always had that look

+Quote Post
post May 20 2006, 05:15 PM
Post #11

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 699

This is just pathetic. He's a great player who has done a brilliant job for us. The moment he leaves everyone starts slagging him off and saying how bad he is. What a joke. If he is still in two minds but is looking for a better deal from us and reads some of these posts do you think he'll want to stay?
So one minute he's a great player - the next he's totally overrated, etc etc.....

+Quote Post
Cooky
post May 20 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #12

Chester legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 701

QUOTE (CCFC @ May 20 2006, 06:15 PM) *
This is just pathetic. He's a great player who has done a brilliant job for us. The moment he leaves everyone starts slagging him off and saying how bad he is. What a joke. If he is still in two minds but is looking for a better deal from us and reads some of these posts do you think he'll want to stay?
So one minute he's a great player - the next he's totally overrated, etc etc.....

Did you not hear his interview?

+Quote Post
post May 20 2006, 05:27 PM
Post #13

1st team legend
Group Icon

QUOTE (connahs quay blue @ May 20 2006, 05:19 PM) *

I admit I didn't but even if he'd slagged us off it doesn't change the hypocracy of people on here saying he's a crap player after praising him all season!

+Quote Post
Cooky
post May 20 2006, 05:28 PM
Post #14

Chester legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 701

QUOTE (CCFC @ May 20 2006, 06:27 PM) *

I admit I didn't but even if he'd slagged us off it doesn't change the hypocracy of people on here saying he's a crap player after praising him all season!

It happens in football or didnt you know that wink.gif

+Quote Post
post May 20 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #15

1st team legend
Group Icon

QUOTE (connahs quay blue @ May 20 2006, 05:28 PM) *
QUOTE (CCFC @ May 20 2006, 06:27 PM) *

It happens in football or didnt you know that wink.gif

And ambitious people take up better offers.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post May 20 2006, 05:37 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

I'm not going to say he's a crap player. However my opinion of him has gone down dramatically and at the moment I want to forget that he ever played for us. Which is a shame given that he scored against Wr**h*m!!

+Quote Post
Panic Ye Not
post May 20 2006, 05:44 PM
Post #17

I am a Wombat

Member No.: 706

Ideas for a new name anyone? Think I may be needing one pretty sharpish! I'm less than pleased to say the least. Dont see how he will benifit from this move but he is not worth anymore effort. And to think I was gutted he was going. angry.gif

--------------------
Hold a chicken in the air
Stick a deckchair up your nose
Buy a jumbo jet
And then bury all your clothes
Paint your left knee green
Then extract your wisdom teeth
Form a string quartet
And pretend your name is Keith

Lets dance to Joy Division and raise our glass to the ceiling, cos this could all go so wrong but we're so happy!

+Quote Post
Lobster
post May 20 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (Future Mrs B Davies @ May 20 2006, 06:44 PM) *
Ideas for a new name anyone? Think I may be needing one pretty sharpish! I'm less than pleased to say the least. Dont see how he will benifit from this move but he is not worth anymore effort. And to think I was gutted he was going. angry.gif

How about Recently Divorced Ms (whatever your surname is) biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Panic Ye Not
post May 20 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #19

I am a Wombat

Member No.: 706

QUOTE (XWWB @ May 20 2006, 06:47 PM) *
QUOTE (Future Mrs B Davies @ May 20 2006, 06:44 PM) *

How about Recently Divorced Ms (whatever your surname is) biggrin.gif

Am liking that one very much.

I feel an off topic thread coming on.

--------------------
Hold a chicken in the air
Stick a deckchair up your nose
Buy a jumbo jet
And then bury all your clothes
Paint your left knee green
Then extract your wisdom teeth
Form a string quartet
And pretend your name is Keith

Lets dance to Joy Division and raise our glass to the ceiling, cos this could all go so wrong but we're so happy!

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post May 20 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #20

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

I'd liken him most to a player who has given us four? years tremendous service and moved on to another club because he thinks it's the right thing to do.

His interview told fans what they needed to hear at the time - just like CCFC officials sometimes have to do with the fans. Declaring his love for the club may well have earned him another couple of hundred pounds a week on his new contract for all we know. That's football today, unfortunately.

He would be pretty daft to refuse a three year contract with anyone - including another League 2 club.

Good luck to him - he certainly gave his all for our club - one of the better players at the Deva in recent times wink.gif

There won't be many Devachatters who could refuse a pay rise and a longer contract

--------------------

+Quote Post
Couldhavebeensix
post May 20 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #21

Mark Wrights Blue White Army!

Member No.: 2150

You are all being pathetic it is obvious he loved the club or he wouldent have stayed as long as he did and stayed at the end of the match. I think that he is a great player that needs to work on his corners and free kicks but he did well for us and just because he went to Shrewsbury you all start slagging him off. I think it is pathetic angry.gif

+Quote Post
Bluesontop
post May 20 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #22

H Block..................
Group Icon

Member No.: 1942

QUOTE (Saltney Blueboy @ May 20 2006, 07:53 PM) *
I'd liken him most to a player who has given us four? years tremendous service and moved on to another club because he thinks it's the right thing to do.

His interview told fans what they needed to hear at the time - just like CCFC officials sometimes have to do with the fans. Declaring his love for the club may well have earned him another couple of hundred pounds a week on his new contract for all we know. That's football today, unfortunately.

He would be pretty daft to refuse a three year contract with anyone - including another League 2 club.

Good luck to him - he certainly gave his all for our club - one of the better players at the Deva in recent times wink.gif

There won't be many Devachatters who could refuse a pay rise and a longer contract

I think there would be less devachatters that would pledge their love for the place of employment and say they wouldn't move to a similar competitor and then blatently do so, rubbing the customers nose in it wink.gif

--------------------
Chester City FC The pride of the North West

Colin Potts is a tramp.

+Quote Post
Quagmire
post May 20 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #23

Youth team

QUOTE (Saltney Blueboy @ May 20 2006, 07:53 PM) *
Declaring his love for the club may well have earned him another couple of hundred pounds a week on his new contract for all we know.

With all due respect, you've just summed up why so may of us think he's a complete arsehole.

Drummond, who finished above Ben in the player of the year vote, has signed for the same club and yet not recieved nearly half as much ill feeling.

I need not say any more.

--------------------
Chester Til I Die

+Quote Post
Lobster
post May 20 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE (danccfc1 @ May 20 2006, 08:01 PM) *
You are all being pathetic it is obvious he loved the club or he wouldent have stayed as long as he did and stayed at the end of the match. I think that he is a great player that needs to work on his corners and free kicks but he did well for us and just because he went to Shrewsbury you all start slagging him off. I think it is pathetic angry.gif

It's not that he went, it's the manner in which he went.

I've no gripes at all with Drummond and MacKenzie, good luck to them. But Davies lied to us, pure and simple. I can't be doing with all this "oh, I love the club, bleed blue and white" rubbish if he's going to go back on his word. Massively disappointed in him and he deserves a bad reception next time we play them

+Quote Post
ThrobsBlackHat
post May 20 2006, 11:08 PM
Post #25

RIP

Member No.: 2357

at least you guys now understand why we hated Ryan Lowe for leaving to go to you.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2018 - 07:46 AM