> Chester City FC, The peoples club
Sadlebone
post Mar 15 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #1

A Congleton Town FC fan.

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1057

Fact, none of us are happy.

Fact, supporters ( including myself ) have deemed Paul Baker as the person we'd most like to see running the club.

May I therefore offer a scenario to suit?

Woody, Ali, Mike, the independant supporters trust and many more people hold the club and its history very close to their hearts.

So I propose, and I have no idea of how, a fans buyout, with Paul and selected others in control of the club and its day to day running. perhaps a meeting at a local City venue could be arranged as to discuss the possubility furthur?

Your thoughts?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pritchard
post Mar 15 2008, 10:42 AM
Post #2

Did you know I'm utterly insane?

Member No.: 1117

QUOTE (Sadlebone @ Mar 15 2008, 10:37 AM) *

Fact, supporters ( including myself ) have deemed Paul Baker as the person we'd most like to see running the club.

Woody, Ali, Mike, the independant supporters trust and many more people hold the club and its history very close to their hearts.

So I propose, and I have no idea of how, a fans buyout, with Paul and selected others in control of the club and its day to day running. perhaps a meeting at a local City venue could be arranged as to discuss the possubility furthur?

Your thoughts?

Personally, I wouldn't want to see Woody, Ali and Mike Griff in charge of the day to day running of the club, just me though, and you did put FACT in the post so I'm probably wrong. rolleyes.gif

But you just continue making sweeping statements on everyone's behalf if you want to matey wink.gif

--------------------
Statistically, 13 out of 13 triskaidekaphobics won't like this joke . .

+Quote Post
chesterfan69
post Mar 15 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #3

CFU Member

Member No.: 3700

QUOTE (Pritchard @ Mar 15 2008, 10:42 AM) *

Your thoughts?

Personally, I wouldn't want to see Woody, Ali and Mike Griff in charge of the day to day running of the club, just me though, and you did put FACT in the post so I'm probably wrong. rolleyes.gif

But you just continue making sweeping statements on everyone's behalf if you want to matey wink.gif

Read the post properly. The guy said "Paul Baker and selected others" running the club, aswell as mentioning Woody, Ali, and Mike as having the club close to there hearts. Those three running the club was never mentioned.

Anyway, I would love it if this happened.

+Quote Post
Pseudoscally
post Mar 15 2008, 11:58 AM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 85

I would dip in to my savings to see a stable football club in whatever league.

+Quote Post
jumpers 4 goalpo...
post Mar 15 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #5

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 3694

No harm in the Supporters Trust contacting their counterparts at Stockport County FC. It seems to have worked for them. I could see investors from all over Chester popping up to financially support this idea.

It's a win win situation, SV gets the money he wants for the club and the people's favourite PB at the helm of the sleeping giant.

google search "stockport county bought by the fans", loads of info and ideas.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Mar 15 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #6

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

I wish people would stop putting speculative threads like this on Devachat. I don't think they help.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Alan
post Mar 15 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #7

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2483

QUOTE (3mm @ Mar 15 2008, 12:13 PM) *
I wish people would stop putting speculative threads like this on Devachat. I don't think they help.

Nothing Speculative about it, mearly a suggestion and surely Deva Chat is the place to put those suggestions.

--------------------
Alan Povey
Chairman of City Fans United
Email: alan.povey@chesterfc.com
Twitter: @AJPovey83

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Mar 15 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #8

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

Your thoughts?

The only problem here is that S.V. has not put the club up for sale and has stated he can keep it going for as long as he wishes! cityscarf.gif

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Mar 15 2008, 12:39 PM
Post #9

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2156

QUOTE (3mm @ Mar 15 2008, 12:13 PM) *

I'm inclined to agree with you - the ball is firmly with SV and he seems determined that he will not sell especially to Paul. The nature of the man is such that the more the fans call for him to sell the more entrenched he is likely to be.
As regards us being a sleeping giant on the post above, I think more of a dozing dwarf - we need to keep a hold on reality.

+Quote Post
jumpers 4 goalpo...
post Mar 15 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #10

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 3694

SV is a businessman, he will have a price, everything is for sale at the right price. I am sure fooball clubs in League 2 do not run at a profit, if SV loves the club and wants to be the owner for years to come why doesn't he pump more money in. Why have the club in limbo with increased speculation and unrest, surely SV is not happy with the current state of affairs.

To me the options are simple, pump more money at the club or sell up.

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Mar 15 2008, 12:53 PM
Post #11

Chester legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 701

QUOTE (Gizmo's Dad @ Mar 15 2008, 12:29 PM) *

Your thoughts?

The only problem here is that S.V. has not put the club up for sale and has stated he can keep it going for as long as he wishes! cityscarf.gif

Fook me, i really dont get you, one week your Anti Vaughan the next your Pro Vaughan, which one is it you clown?

+Quote Post
Elton Blues
post Mar 15 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #12

Our City, Our Community, Our Club
Group Icon

Member No.: 40

QUOTE (Cooky @ Mar 15 2008, 12:53 PM) *
Fook me, i really dont get you, one week your Anti Vaughan the next your Pro Vaughan, which one is it you clown?

laugh.gif

--------------------
I am one of the thousands of fools and proud of it!

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Mar 15 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #13

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

Your thoughts?

Have you only just noticed that, Cooky?

--------------------

+Quote Post
IAN
post Mar 15 2008, 02:57 PM
Post #14

BARNEY DANIELS THE NEW "JESSE" JAMES

Member No.: 3074

QUOTE (Saltney Blueboy @ Mar 15 2008, 02:18 PM) *

Your thoughts?

Don't even think its as consistent as weekly, think it changes on a daily basis sometimes!

--------------------
We are here for a good time not a long time.

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Mar 15 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #15

Chester legend
Group Icon

QUOTE (IAN @ Mar 15 2008, 02:57 PM) *

Your thoughts?

Don't even think its as consistent as weekly, think it changes on a daily basis sometimes!

So its not just me who notices this about GD?

+Quote Post
IAN
post Mar 15 2008, 03:21 PM
Post #16

BARNEY DANIELS THE NEW "JESSE" JAMES

Member No.: 3074

QUOTE (Cooky @ Mar 15 2008, 03:01 PM) *
QUOTE (IAN @ Mar 15 2008, 02:57 PM) *

Your thoughts?

So its not just me who notices this about GD?

Think you were just the first to openly state it, seems like you opened the flood gates of peoples thoughts!

--------------------
We are here for a good time not a long time.

+Quote Post
Alan
post Mar 15 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #17

Reserve skipper

Re: Gizmo's Dad

I've thought the same for a while myself. He's almost as schizophrenic as olisdad.

--------------------
Alan Povey

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Mar 15 2008, 03:47 PM
Post #18

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

What a strange fanbase we appear to have.

Oh well, it takes all sorts to make the world go round

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alan
post Mar 15 2008, 03:48 PM
Post #19

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Saltney Blueboy @ Mar 15 2008, 03:47 PM) *
What a strange fanbase we appear to have.

Oh well, it takes all sorts to make the world go round

I suppose it's what goes with being a Chester supporter.

--------------------
Alan Povey

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Mar 15 2008, 05:02 PM
Post #20

1st team legend

Your thoughts?

who said i was pro or anti my opinions has got F**K all to do with you you F**King clown! and are you sure you have the right gizmo you thicko!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Mar 15 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #21

1st team legend

QUOTE (Alan @ Mar 15 2008, 03:39 PM) *

I've thought the same for a while myself. He's almost as schizophrenic as olisdad.

COCK!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lukowski14
post Mar 15 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #22

1st team captain

Member No.: 3653

If you check with Stockport they'll reconnmend it.

--------------------
CHESTER FC
" at worst it will be brilliant "

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Mar 15 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #23

1st team legend

Whoops! the cyber warriors are ganging up! no wonder s.v. gets p**sed off with it, lol!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Mar 15 2008, 05:16 PM
Post #24

Chester legend
Group Icon

QUOTE (Gizmo's Dad @ Mar 15 2008, 05:02 PM) *

Your thoughts?

who said i was pro or anti my opinions has got F**K all to do with you you F**King clown! and are you sure you have the right gizmo you thicko!

I know Gizmo Blue and its not him.

You are very strange, and its not just me who has noticed this.

+Quote Post
Alan
post Mar 15 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #25

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Gizmo's Dad @ Mar 15 2008, 05:05 PM) *
QUOTE (Alan @ Mar 15 2008, 03:39 PM) *

COCK!

Congratulations. An intelligent and well thought out response.

--------------------
Alan Povey

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2017 - 09:16 AM