Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Local Authourity - Kick out SVFC from the Deva
Che Guevara
post Dec 3 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #1

Castra Devana

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1198

Its time to not renew the lease to this man and his sham of a club, im sure its within your powers as the club 1. Owes money 2. Relegation may contrivene the lease ie 'professional footbal' to be played.

As a non Chester resident can someone withing the catchment raise this with their MP/Local councilor as tax payers money is, in effect, used to subsidise the lease on the Deva.

Over to you.

Christine Russel MP
http://www.writetothem.com/write?who=1636&pc=CH1+2AA

Cheshire West and Chester Council
http://apps.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/.../default_s.aspx

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Dec 3 2009, 07:29 PM

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Dec 3 2009, 07:35 PM
Post #2

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 4249

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Dec 3 2009, 07:28 PM) *
Its time to not renew the lease to this man and his sham of a club, im sure its within your powers as the club 1. Owes money 2. Relegation may contrivene the lease ie 'professional footbal' to be played.

As a non Chester resident can someone withing the catchment raise this with their MP/Local councilor as tax payers money is, in effect, used to subsidise the lease on the Deva.

Over to you.

Christine Russel MP

WOOOO hang on a minute with this one lets just be sure of one thing if we lobby them under

2. Relegation may contrivene the lease ie 'professional footbal' to be played.

Lets be sure that if a club was reformed we could still play because we will be in that situation and if the council has the set a president we would have nowhere togo either.

This post has been edited by blue thunder: Dec 3 2009, 07:36 PM

--------------------
21 Forest Green 30 4 4 7 13 20 2 4 9 16 35 -26 26
22 Gateshead 29 4 3 7 13 16 3 2 10 19 30 -14 25
23 Grays Athletic 30 3 3 10 14 33 0 5 9 13 31 -37 17
24 Chester 28 3 1 9 13 19 2 6 7 10 23 -19 -3

Thanks alot SV you've made history weve never been so low now fook off and take your puppets with you

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Dec 3 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #3

Castra Devana

QUOTE (blue thunder @ Dec 3 2009, 07:35 PM) *

Over to you.

Christine Russel MP

WOOOO hang on a minute with this one lets just be sure of one thing if we lobby them under

Lets be sure that if a club was reformed we could still play becuase we will be in that situation and if the council has the set a president we would have nowhere togo either.

Nothing to stop us agreeing a new lease, just the CURRENT one has restrictions on it.

--------------------

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Dec 3 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Dec 3 2009, 07:37 PM) *
QUOTE (blue thunder @ Dec 3 2009, 07:35 PM) *

Over to you.

Christine Russel MP

Lets be sure that if a club was reformed we could still play becuase we will be in that situation and if the council has the set a president we would have nowhere togo either.

Nothing to stop us agreeing a new lease, just the CURRENT one has restrictions on it.

Agree but summit for the CFU to look at before we start a pandoras box it could bite us in the ass if were not carefull although overwise i agree

--------------------

Thanks alot SV you've made history weve never been so low now fook off and take your puppets with you

+Quote Post
casualobserver
post Dec 3 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #5

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 598

as i have said before, do you know what the terms of the lease are? a lease is a legal binding document that has to be followed to the letter. are there clauses to determine the lease early, what are the terms for a breach of the lease etc etc. its not a simple matter of kicking one tenant out and replacing with another one, beleive me, i know these things.....

This post has been edited by casualobserver: Dec 3 2009, 07:41 PM

--------------------
CHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB - RIP MY DEAR FRIEND, GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

The new H-Block (Cheshires No. 1)

English Rose

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Dec 3 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #6

Castra Devana

From Paul Bakers FOIA Request:

7. In the event of the football club being relegated to The Blue Square North can the football club still remain as tenants of The Deva Stadium?

Only by future agreement with CW&C

The local authority CAN chuck out SVFC next season, so they SHOULD in my humble opinion.

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Dec 3 2009, 07:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Dec 3 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #7

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Dec 3 2009, 07:45 PM) *

7. In the event of the football club being relegated to The Blue Square North can the football club still remain as tenants of The Deva Stadium?

The local authority CAN chuck out SVFV next season, so they SHOULD in my humble opinion.

I would love to see it happen aswell but think we need to look into it alittle more, i maybe wrong but is'nt it the land that belongs to the council and not the buildings ?
If thats the case and say the council kicked him out could'nt he just lock the doors and lock us out even if we rented the land on a new lease ? and say we just opened the doors if thats the case could'nt we be arrested for tress pass or breaking and entering ?
Like i say whilst i agree we have to becarefull and look at the whole picture and make sure we are within the law not that SV would but he would be the first to cry to the authorities rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Dec 3 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #8

Castra Devana

QUOTE (blue thunder @ Dec 3 2009, 07:52 PM) *

The local authority CAN chuck out SVFV next season, so they SHOULD in my humble opinion.

I would love to see it happen aswell but think we need to look into it alittle more, i maybe wrong but is'nt it the land that belongs to the council and not the buildings ?
If thats the case and say the council kicked him out could'nt he just lock the doors and lock us out even if we rented the land on a new lease ? and say we just opened the doors if thats the case could'nt we be arrested for tress pass or breaking and entering ?
Like i say whilst i agree we have to becarefull and look at the whole picture and make sure we are within the law not that SV would but he would be the first to cry to the authorities rolleyes.gif

Casualobserver ??

--------------------

+Quote Post
casualobserver
post Dec 3 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #9

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Dec 3 2009, 07:56 PM) *

Casualobserver ??

the lease will be to a specific and i would asume as in 99.99% of cases it refers to the land and buildings, if not there would be 2 agreements for the land and the buildings as neither are owned outright by ccfc.
as i say, i would be pretty sure the lease is for the whole "plot" ie the buildings and the land it stands on...

speculation could be removed if a copy of the siad agreement was made available, but that said, the council will have their own legals who i am sure will be monitoring the situation and if not, perhaps they should be....

council estates department or inhouse legal team email addresses anyone??

This post has been edited by casualobserver: Dec 3 2009, 08:06 PM

--------------------

English Rose

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Dec 3 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #10

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (casualobserver @ Dec 3 2009, 08:05 PM) *

Casualobserver ??

the lease will be to a specific and i would asume as in 99.99% of cases it refers to the land and buildings, if not there would be 2 agreements for the land and the buildings as neither are owned outright by ccfc.
as i say, i would be pretty sure the lease is for the whole "plot" ie the buildings and the land it stands on...

speculation could be removed if a copy of the siad agreement was made available, but that said, the council will have their own legals who i am sure will be monitoring the situation and if not, perhaps they should be....

Any way of getting a copy of this agreement under the freedom of information act mate ? or some other legal process ?

This post has been edited by blue thunder: Dec 3 2009, 08:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
casualobserver
post Dec 3 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (blue thunder @ Dec 3 2009, 08:08 PM) *

Casualobserver ??

Any way of getting a copy of this agreement under the freedom of information act mate ? or some other legal process ?

probably not legally!! leases are private documents with only certain info on them made public like the term, rent etc but the "meat" of them is not normally given out to the public domain....

--------------------

English Rose

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Dec 3 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #12

Castra Devana

QUOTE (casualobserver @ Dec 3 2009, 08:32 PM) *

Casualobserver ??

probably not legally!! leases are private documents with only certain info on them made public like the term, rent etc but the "meat" of them is not normally given out to the public domain....

If the rent is subsidised by public money, it may well be in the public interest to have a copy ? certainly nothing commercialy sensitive ?

TWIS, I know you like a challenge wink.gif

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Dec 3 2009, 08:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Dec 3 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #13

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Dec 3 2009, 08:38 PM) *
QUOTE (casualobserver @ Dec 3 2009, 08:32 PM) *

Casualobserver ??

If the rent is subsidised by public money, it may well be in the public interest to have a copy ? certainly nothing commercialy sensitive ?

TWIS, I know you like a challenge wink.gif

I was thinking this is up TWIS as street aswell any chance Wayne ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Verona Blue
post Dec 3 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #14

1st team regular

Member No.: 4252

Over to you.

Christine Russel MP

You have hit on something important with this Che.

According to the FOI put on here by Paul Baker the Council have not signed a lease with the new company.

Pressure has to be brought upon the Council not to do so under the current ownership.

After all the old company ran up millions of pounds worth of debts some of it to the public purse. The CVA showed the old club was owed money by HMRC. We now know this was probably carousel fraud.

How can a public body allow a company to rent its property to do such things?

I suggest people who live in the Council area contact the Council or their local coucillor ans ask that the District Auditor investigates this matter.

If they refuse to do so ask for contact details for the District Auditor and make a complaint.

This post has been edited by Verona Blue: Dec 3 2009, 08:55 PM

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Dec 3 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #15

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Verona Blue @ Dec 3 2009, 08:54 PM) *

Over to you.

Christine Russel MP

According to the FOI put on here by Paul Baker the Council have not signed a lease with the new company.

Pressure has to be brought upon the Council not to do so under the current ownership.

After all the old company ran up millions of pounds worth of debts some of it to the public purse. The CVA showed the old club was owed money by HMRC. We now know this was probably carousel fraud.

I suggest people who live in the Council area contact the Council or their local coucillor ans ask that the District Auditor investigates this matter.

If they refuse to do so ask for contact details for the District Auditor and make a complaint.

Put that way its sounds reasonable and a good way to lobby Christine and council aslong as we check out SV cant lock us out we need that info fast so we can get on this bowdown.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Verona Blue
post Dec 3 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #16

1st team regular

QUOTE (blue thunder @ Dec 3 2009, 09:02 PM) *
QUOTE (Verona Blue @ Dec 3 2009, 08:54 PM) *

Over to you.

Christine Russel MP

Put that way its sounds reasonable and a good way to lobby Christine and council aslong as we check out SV cant lock us out we need that info fast so we can get on this bowdown.gif

It is an argument the Council will find hard to answer. Someone who lives in the right area has to raise the matter with the District Auditor. This will really put the Council on the spot.

+Quote Post
thewayneinspain
post Dec 3 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #17

Squad player

Member No.: 4111

complicated stuff.

I'd say there is need for three pronged attack.

1. I think you need to ask your local mp and a local councillor for advice first of all. For help and advice on where to get information and their perspective. The best way to get people on your side is to flatter is ask for expertise and insight...even beckham was doing that today. As Foi's and asking questions at estates and legal is guaranteed to ruffle a few feathers.

2. official records - first place is the land registry, check the leasehold and freehold deeds (anyone got the deed numbers? i'll get checking), second place is the estates office and third place legal office.

3. FOI. An foi is likely to be very slow as parts of it (the meat) will be turned down even though, in my view, all details are in the public interest. It could take 180 days, maybe longer. Not sure you have the time, plus appeals ruffle feathers and you need the council on your side.

You need troops on the ground for this one... Spend a day visiting their offices... emails are great, but they're slower and less of an impact than a visit in person. I have no problem in joining a devachat member for a wander round the chester council offices, councillor's offices and mp constituency offices, one day next week.

It isn't til you've done the above, that you can start lobbying them about what to do with deva stadium in the future.

--------------------
"Slaves lose everything in their chains, even the desire of escaping from them" Jean Jacques Rousseau

+Quote Post
Midnight Rider
post Dec 3 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4093

I think that the council will give the lease to whoever has a licence from the FA to play football. And the FA will licence whoever has the ground to play at. Chicken and egg.

--------------------
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” - Teddy Roosevelt.

+Quote Post
Verona Blue
post Dec 3 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #19

1st team regular

QUOTE (thewayneinspain @ Dec 3 2009, 09:48 PM) *
complicated stuff.

I'd say there is need for three pronged attack.

1. I think you need to ask your local mp and a local councillor for advice first of all. For help and advice on where to get information and their perspective. The best way to get people on your side is to flatter is ask for expertise and insight...even beckham was doing that today. As Foi's and asking questions at estates and legal is guaranteed to ruffle a few feathers.

2. official records - first place is the land registry, check the leasehold and freehold deeds (anyone got the deed numbers? i'll get checking), second place is the estates office and third place legal office.

3. FOI. An foi is likely to be very slow as parts of it (the meat) will be turned down even though, in my view, all details are in the public interest. It could take 180 days, maybe longer. Not sure you have the time, plus appeals ruffle feathers and you need the council on your side.

You need troops on the ground for this one... Spend a day visiting their offices... emails are great, but they're slower and less of an impact than a visit in person. I have no problem in joining a devachat member for a wander round the chester council offices, councillor's offices and mp constituency offices, one day next week.

It isn't til you've done the above, that you can start lobbying them about what to do with deva stadium in the future.

Sorry but it is not that complicated. The council should not give a lease to a Company owned by someone who has been banned from being a Director for 11 years let alone all the other stuff. An official compaint by a resident of the area could work wonders in a short space of time.

+Quote Post
Verona Blue
post Dec 3 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #20

1st team regular

QUOTE (Midnight Rider @ Dec 3 2009, 10:05 PM) *
I think that the council will give the lease to whoever has a licence from the FA to play football. And the FA will licence whoever has the ground to play at. Chicken and egg.

They are a public body and should not allow even the remotest possibility of any criminal or fraudulent activity being carried out from property they own.

After the CVA failed in the Courts they should have taken reposession of the Stadium.

They are failing in their public duty.

+Quote Post
Midnight Rider
post Dec 3 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #21

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Verona Blue @ Dec 3 2009, 10:18 PM) *
Sorry but it is not that complicated. The council should not give a lease to a Company owned by someone who has been banned from being a Director for 11 years let alone all the other stuff. An official compaint by a resident of the area could work wonders in a short space of time.

No disrespect, but I'm not sure you've grasped how local government works. It would be political suicide for the council to kill the club and they absolutely will not wield the knife. SV knows this too.
Would the council be overly disappointed if someone else wielded the knife? I don't know, but can speculate like everyone else.

--------------------
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” - Teddy Roosevelt.

+Quote Post
Midnight Rider
post Dec 3 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #22

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Verona Blue @ Dec 3 2009, 10:23 PM) *
They are a public body and should not allow even the remotest possibility of any criminal or fraudulent activity being carried out from property they own.

Do you think there was "even the remotest possibility of any criminal or fraudulent activity" taking place in any of the 10,000 council houses they owned? I do think the possibility existed, even if remotely.
I know you detest SV with every fibre, but your yardstick is a little OTT.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trebor
post Dec 3 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #23

1st team regular

Member No.: 4557

Nick my idea, why don't you? wink.gif

If the new company is playing there but the lease is in the name of the old company, can the council just say "you can't play there - out, now!" Or was the lease transferable, and does the administrator consider it "sold" to the new company?

+Quote Post
Charfield Blue
post Dec 3 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #24

1st team legend
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 174

Surely whilst the council own the land SVFC owns the bricks and mortar? How would this work if the council withdrew the lease?

--------------------
The Craig Revel-Horwood of non-league football forums - cheers Viv

One Nugget short of a Happy Meal

+Quote Post
Greeny
post Dec 4 2009, 12:29 AM
Post #25

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2039

QUOTE (Charfield Blue @ Dec 3 2009, 11:21 PM) *
Surely whilst the council own the land SVFC owns the bricks and mortar? How would this work if the council withdrew the lease?

The council own the land and the stadium.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2019 - 12:10 PM