> Prince Haywood, Witton number 6
iandyChesterCity
post Dec 10 2016, 05:28 PM
Post #1

A balanced view.
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1562

Absolutely outstanding performance from this lad today, was everywhere and shows there are players in the lower leagues we should be looking at, not signing Liverpool academy rejects who clearly aren't good enough to play

--------------------
Defender of the people...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bluesince79
post Dec 10 2016, 05:32 PM
Post #2

Magic Sponge
Group Icon

Member No.: 560

QUOTE (iandyChesterCity @ Dec 10 2016, 06:28 PM) *
Absolutely outstanding performance from this lad today, was everywhere and shows there are players in the lower leagues we should be looking at, not signing Liverpool academy rejects who clearly aren't good enough to play

Apart from the double middle fingered salute to the Chester fans he seemed alright.

+Quote Post
Ben
post Dec 10 2016, 05:44 PM
Post #3

Supporter

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 76

Totally agree, cracking game today from him. Not only good going forward but also make some good tackles on the edge of his own box.

--------------------
Want to reminisce? Check out my youtube channel which has lots of clips of CCFC, including many of the great Harry McNally.

CCFC Old Clips

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Dec 10 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #4

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (iandyChesterCity @ Dec 10 2016, 05:28 PM) *

But who in our team is a Liverpool academy reject? Meanwhile we have the likes of Astles, Lynch and Richards who were signed from lower league teams.

I agree with your point and understand people are disappointed today, but I think the way we're signing players these days is intelligent.

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Dec 10 2016, 05:52 PM
Post #5

A balanced view.
Group Icon

Will Marsh.

If someone can tell me the point of signing some kid who can't get off the bench I'd be grateful.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pauline M
post Dec 10 2016, 05:58 PM
Post #6

Chair - Chester Exiles
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

QUOTE (iandyChesterCity @ Dec 10 2016, 05:52 PM) *
Will Marsh.

If someone can tell me the point of signing some kid who can't get off the bench I'd be grateful.

Could it be fitness?

--------------------
Join the Chester Exiles and have fun as we climb back to where we belong.

+Quote Post
High on a happy ...
post Dec 10 2016, 06:01 PM
Post #7

1st team regular

Member No.: 987

I understand where your coming from but he might just be one for the future. JM must have seen something in him.

Sam Hughes was a bench warmer for a very long time before getting his chance but he's took it impressively. I think we should give the lad the benefit of the doubt, at least until Macca thinks he's ready and we see him play.

QUOTE (iandyChesterCity @ Dec 10 2016, 05:52 PM) *
Will Marsh.

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Dec 10 2016, 06:01 PM
Post #8

A balanced view.
Group Icon

He's been training with us over a month before he signed which was what, 2 months ago. Not having that sorry. If he's not good enough to effect the first team it's a wasted wage

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pauline M
post Dec 10 2016, 06:03 PM
Post #9

Chair - Chester Exiles
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

QUOTE (iandyChesterCity @ Dec 10 2016, 06:01 PM) *
He's been training with us over a month before he signed which was what, 2 months ago. Not having that sorry. If he's not good enough to effect the first team it's a wasted wage

Fans were crying out for Sam Hughes earlier in the season but Macca stuck to his guns and didn't rush him in for reasons he knows best and we don't. I think we have to trust our manager.

--------------------
Join the Chester Exiles and have fun as we climb back to where we belong.

+Quote Post
Buckley Blue
post Dec 10 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #10

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7121

And you know more than JM, interesting

+Quote Post
TheTheremin
post Dec 10 2016, 06:06 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2194

This is a first. Slagging off the ability of players having never seen them play a match.

Incredible.

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Dec 10 2016, 06:25 PM
Post #12

A balanced view.
Group Icon

I'm not slagging his ability, I'm saying that in a small squad crying out for more width and creativity it is a waste of a wage to sign a kid who's not good enough to come on, when there are players at lower level (the thread topic) who can come in and make a difference or at least get off the bench.

Brought home by watching Chappell get 90 minutes

--------------------

+Quote Post
Burrfect
post Dec 10 2016, 06:39 PM
Post #13

Squad player

Member No.: 11919

QUOTE (iandyChesterCity @ Dec 10 2016, 06:25 PM) *
I'm not slagging his ability, I'm saying that in a small squad crying out for more width and creativity it is a waste of a wage to sign a kid who's not good enough to come on, when there are players at lower level (the thread topic) who can come in and make a difference or at least get off the bench.

Brought home by watching Chappell get 90 minutes

I do know what you mean we already have two young on the bench every week who are not ready to be risked so why go and add a third who's just the same.

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Dec 10 2016, 07:02 PM
Post #14

3 in a row

Member No.: 133

Can't judge any opposition player today because Chester were so crap and would've made Hobson look like pele today.

What sort of name is "Prince"? Sounds like he's one of Jordan's kids. Can't have someone with such a chavvy name playing in the famous blue and white.

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Dec 10 2016, 07:03 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

I think this is pretty harsh both on Marsh and McCarthy. It's not like he's signing players willy-nilly like Burr was, he's trying to build a team. He looked at Marsh for a while and has decided he can offer something, but Marsh may need to be patient, especially because we've generally been playing well of late.

I make it four, arguably five of our team that started today were signed from what you would call 'lower league' clubs. I think we're signing and using players wisely, and this is reflected by both our league position and financial stability.

+Quote Post
Burrfect
post Dec 10 2016, 07:20 PM
Post #16

Squad player

QUOTE (XWWB @ Dec 10 2016, 07:03 PM) *
I think this is pretty harsh both on Marsh and McCarthy. It's not like he's signing players willy-nilly like Burr was, he's trying to build a team. He looked at Marsh for a while and has decided he can offer something, but Marsh may need to be patient, especially because we've generally been playing well of late.

I make it four, arguably five of our team that started today were signed from what you would call 'lower league' clubs. I think we're signing and using players wisely, and this is reflected by both our league position and financial stability.

It's not ment as an insult to the player or manager we have done extraordinarily well to get to the position we have with the same starting 11 and same subs every week but it's really starting to creak, what if we were to pick up several injures on top of the suspension what would we do then?.

+Quote Post
Moody Blue
post Dec 10 2016, 09:22 PM
Post #17

Youth team

Member No.: 3837

QUOTE (Ben @ Dec 10 2016, 05:44 PM) *

Totally agree, cracking game today from him. Not only good going forward but also make some good tackles on the edge of his own box.

He had a good game against us before when he played for Stalybridge Celtic in the Cheshire Senior Cup Final - at Wincham Park (2013)

+Quote Post
steveo1
post Dec 10 2016, 09:37 PM
Post #18

1st team captain

Member No.: 217

This lad was class and if he performs anywhere near like this on a weekly basis then he is worth going after, he done everything well. Athletic, mobile, find a pass, superb timed tackles and had a bit cockiness about him which was good to see, completely bossed the midfield today and it's not often you can say that about Shaw and Lloyd.

As mentioned above our bench is weak, George and Joyce are the same player, Waters has barely had a kick but was randomly chucked in today unless Hunt was injured, Horwood who has been injured tbf, after this Vassell and Akintunde who can at least add something to the squad. The signing of Marsh is bizarre if we don't use him, not sure how he can't be not fit, if he's for the future and not going to play now then I would rather see some of our youth lads given a go.

This squad is starting to feel the pinch, we look shattered and with heavy pitches, bad weather, injuries and suspensions on way it's only going to get tougher, think we just need an older head in the side whether that's centre mid or out wide. without Mahon we have no width and lack craft, Durrell wants to come inside and this leaves the front two with little service and we don't have the players to come in.

There are plenty of options to bring in lads lower down like this kid today, they can't be any worse then our subs bench currently which looks uninspiring, lets give one or two a go.

This post has been edited by steveo1: Dec 10 2016, 09:37 PM

--------------------
Deva Chat F.C

World Cup Doubles Champion - 28/7/05

'A member of the DCFC Prankster Organisation'

+Quote Post
NorwegianBlue
post Dec 10 2016, 09:59 PM
Post #19

Chester til I die

Member No.: 8140

QUOTE (XWWB @ Dec 10 2016, 08:03 PM) *

I agree, since JM asked to be considered for the managers job, he's delivered and put us up to 8th in the league with 1 defeat in the last 17 games is pretty good at any level.

Keep the faith lads cityscarf.gif

--------------------
I was there : 27-11-90 The 409 club.
I was there : 31-08-13 The 888 club.
I was there : 22-09-14 The "94th minute" club.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Dec 10 2016, 11:55 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (Burrfect @ Dec 10 2016, 07:20 PM) *

It's not ment as an insult to the player or manager we have done extraordinarily well to get to the position we have with the same starting 11 and same subs every week but it's really starting to creak, what if we were to pick up several injures on top of the suspension what would we do then?.

Well, then we'd have to dig deep and hope that the limited best of the squad players and youngsters was enough, but I believe confidence and solidarity go a long way, and that can be projected from the fans to the players.

I just don't think it's necessary to nitpick in this way when we have a young manager and squad that are really performing beyond expectations.

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Dec 11 2016, 12:03 AM
Post #21

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

Prince Haywood was good for Witton, the standout performer on the day. Very fortunate to escape punishment for lashing out and kicking Durrell though.

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
old boneze
post Dec 11 2016, 06:59 AM
Post #22

Predict-a-score champion 2010-11. 2011-12. 2013-14. 2018-19.
Group Icon

Member No.: 1883

Hunt was injured and was replaced by Mattie Waters.
The mid field was dropping too deep and was ineffective. We needed to try to shore it up, hence the introduction of two centre midfield players.
In the context of the game, Macca made the right decisions.

+Quote Post
Burrfect
post Dec 11 2016, 12:45 PM
Post #23

Squad player

QUOTE (XWWB @ Dec 10 2016, 11:55 PM) *

Well, then we'd have to dig deep and hope that the limited best of the squad players and youngsters was enough, but I believe confidence and solidarity go a long way, and that can be projected from the fans to the players.

I just don't think it's necessary to nitpick in this way when we have a young manager and squad that are really performing beyond expectations.

I will do my best to keep my nit picks under controlđŸ˜€

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Dec 11 2016, 12:46 PM
Post #24

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

QUOTE (Burrfect @ Dec 11 2016, 07:45 AM) *
QUOTE (XWWB @ Dec 10 2016, 11:55 PM) *

I will do my best to keep my nit picks under controlđŸ˜€

There's a shampoo for that. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
steveo1
post Dec 11 2016, 01:52 PM
Post #25

1st team captain

Member No.: 217

QUOTE (old boneze @ Dec 11 2016, 06:59 AM) *

Hunt was injured and was replaced by Mattie Waters.
The mid field was dropping too deep and was ineffective. We needed to try to shore it up, hence the introduction of two centre midfield players.
In the context of the game, Macca made the right decisions.

For me we got worse as the game went on and the subs done nothing to change the flow of the game apart from an extra body in the middle, we could have done that with Durrell, Joyce and George are limited in what they can offer.

--------------------
Deva Chat F.C

World Cup Doubles Champion - 28/7/05

'A member of the DCFC Prankster Organisation'

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th March 2021 - 01:18 PM