Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Highlights, From the neighbours perspective
CCFC89
post Sep 25 2014, 08:58 PM
Post #1

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3575

Check this clip out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUx5EzoTYu8,watch from 45:15 for COMEDY GOLD bowdown.gif citysign.GIF biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ulster blue boy
post Sep 25 2014, 09:04 PM
Post #2

The North Terrace Posties are legends.
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 50

bowdown.gif bowdown.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
IT ALL STARTED AT THE BRANDYWELL,THANKS GRANDAD.

ONCE A RANGER,ALWAYS A RANGER.(ROYAL IRISH THAT IS).
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CFU.

26/02/2010. NEED I SAY ANYMORE. I WILL. 10/03/2010. R.I.P. CCFC.

6TH MAY 2010,THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN.

EVO-STICK NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010-2011

EVO-STICK PREMIER CHAMPIONS 2011-2012

BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012-2013

+Quote Post
classic-cabana
post Sep 25 2014, 09:10 PM
Post #3

Bo-Lieve!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1879

To be fair he praises the Chester fans in the West, Harry Mac and most of the Main Stand as 'good fans'. Rightfully has a go at the ones in H Block, and again rightfully states that most don't come to most games.

Good watch, the over confidence in the first 10-15mins is brilliant to watch and then the last 5mins is glorious.

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Sep 25 2014, 10:00 PM
Post #4

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

Fair play to the lad, that how a rivalry should be - give the oppos loads, but not let it get out of hand. Passionate, but a can give credit where its due bowdown.gif

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Sep 25 2014, 10:14 PM
Post #5

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Sep 25 2014, 11:00 PM) *
Fair play to the lad, that how a rivalry should be - give the oppos loads, but not let it get out of hand. Passionate, but a can give credit where its due bowdown.gif

I agree, Che - brilliant insight into derby day experience of most fans.

I thought it was great entertainment and very much how most fans feel on derby day

Knowing the result made it even more entertaining to watch, I must admit biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sealandkopite
post Sep 25 2014, 10:17 PM
Post #6

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7864

The 'ugly stick' in Wrexham must have very strong powers and a scatter gun effect!

+Quote Post
Buckley Blue
post Sep 25 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #7

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7121

I felt good before but after watching that I feel even better. The interviews at the start were great, how deluded were they biggrin.gif Fair play to the bloke though, proper supporter, loads of banter without being a dickhead

+Quote Post
Jumpy
post Sep 25 2014, 11:26 PM
Post #8

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1907

QUOTE (classic-cabana @ Sep 25 2014, 10:10 PM) *
To be fair he praises the Chester fans in the West, Harry Mac and most of the Main Stand as 'good fans'. Rightfully has a go at the ones in H Block, and again rightfully states that most don't come to most games.

Good watch, the over confidence in the first 10-15mins is brilliant to watch and then the last 5mins is glorious.

I don't think it's fair to even tarnish all of H block if I'm being honest.
I myself was in H block with my brother-in-law. There were some good decent older fellas in there too - all there to watch the football.
I went in there because I knew the atmosphere would be good and tense - as a derby should be. My days on the Harry Mac are long gone, and H block is where I have tended to go and sit for every match since.
I know what you're saying in backing up his remark about most who were in there probably don't come to most matches - but in fact there were a lot of regulars in H block - as well as a lot of lads who probably won't be at the next match against Welling of course.

On a side note, I was as disappointed at the "minutes silence" incident (a silence which sadly only lasted around 20 seconds) as the majority of the ground.
But again, to give my first hand account as a fan sitting there, just before the silence you could see the unrest and lack of enthusiasm for the silence from a small number of faces, while many other Chester fans in the H block appealed for the calm and silence, a few even shouting to "show some f*(king respect!" before the ref blew his whistle.
Unfortunately it only took one to disrupt the peace - and when a couple of others joined in it was literally that! You could count on one hand how many fans shouted and ruined it - it was nowhere near the "40" or even "around 90 or so of them" that the Wxm fans were claiming in that video!

Back to the video itself - it's a good account of the day from their perspective - captures the emotion and drama of it all nicely, and as much as it must have pained the guy, fair play to him for rolling the camera just as we equalised because it captures the moment and the contrast between the sets of fans. The viewing for the winning goal just makes it all the more enjoyable! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
paw2904
post Sep 25 2014, 11:56 PM
Post #9

Exile

Member No.: 949

Great stuff. Real. Honest. Brilliant insight into what it means being a football fan watching genuine football. Blue or red or whatever colour. As he says, being a fan isn't about watching Sky TV from the sofa.
Thanks for posting.

--------------------
PAW2904 - Exile

+Quote Post
Billy Large
post Sep 26 2014, 04:50 AM
Post #10

1st team sub

Member No.: 1272

My dad told me about the terrible disaster and how children were donating pocket money in schools and mums were knitting blankets. In 1937, court proceedings were started in Wrexham against the Pit Manager, the Under-Manager and the United and Westminster Collieries Limited, the owners of the mine. The court found the mine's management guilty only of inadequate record-keeping. The links tells some of the story of that dreadful day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKSnpvqSLGE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTDtDDou3bI

--------------------
If you're going through hell, keep going

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Sep 26 2014, 06:04 PM
Post #11

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6230

fair play captain guiness.gif what larks we have had since the 60s cityscarf.gif and dances with wolfs

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Sep 26 2014, 06:16 PM
Post #12

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

Good to see the derby from the other side but christ it would drive you mad having a season ticket near that bloke with his running commentary on every game.

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Sep 26 2014, 06:22 PM
Post #13

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Sep 26 2014, 07:16 PM) *
Good to see the derby from the other side but christ it would drive you mad having a season ticket near that bloke with his running commentary on every game.

Fair play to the guy. Real supporter....'you don't get this, sitting on your a**e, in front of the Tele'. Respect! bowdown.gif

+Quote Post
Ben
post Sep 26 2014, 07:29 PM
Post #14

Supporter

Member No.: 76

As much respect I have for those who lost their lives in such a terrible disaster this wasn't the best game to have such a silence at.

I'm sure it would have made more sense to hold it at Wrexhams next home game.

Not condoning those who did break the silence, its just it was bound to happen when its something that was based in Wrexham such a long time ago.

--------------------
Want to reminisce? Check out my youtube channel which has lots of clips of CCFC, including many of the great Harry McNally.

CCFC Old Clips

+Quote Post
Marty Funkhouser
post Sep 26 2014, 07:34 PM
Post #15

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8363

Just be thankful we don't have smell-o-vision.

--------------------
If you can

+Quote Post
Bear in the Big ...
post Sep 26 2014, 07:44 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5

Loved the bit where Hobo retrieves the ball from in front of the goats and they respond with 'who are ya?' And ' I hope that doesn't come back and bite us on the a**e!'

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Proud to be one spot of rain in a "shower of fools"

+Quote Post
TheTheremin
post Sep 26 2014, 08:19 PM
Post #17

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2194

QUOTE (Billy Large @ Sep 26 2014, 05:50 AM) *
My dad told me about the terrible disaster and how children were donating pocket money in schools and mums were knitting blankets. In 1937, court proceedings were started in Wrexham against the Pit Manager, the Under-Manager and the United and Westminster Collieries Limited, the owners of the mine. The court found the mine's management guilty only of inadequate record-keeping. The links tells some of the story of that dreadful day.

I'm sure older generations will remember how coal and heavy industry dominated areas which were really just a few miles from Chester itself. My dad was a miner at Point of Ayr colliery in the 50s and 60s. Was before I was born but he always told me it was the toughest job he ever had. Massive respect is due to those who died at Gresford and when that minute silence was broken it was a massive disappointment. Hope the club tracks down the culprits and deals with them.

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Sep 26 2014, 08:30 PM
Post #18

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6230

QUOTE (TheTheremin @ Sep 26 2014, 09:19 PM) *

I'm sure older generations will remember how coal and heavy industry dominated areas which were really just a few miles from Chester itself. My dad was a miner at Point of Ayr colliery in the 50s and 60s. Was before I was born but he always told me it was the toughest job he ever had. Massive respect is due to those who died at Gresford and when that minute silence was broken it was a massive disappointment. Hope the club tracks down the culprits and deals with them.

lot of chester blokes worked at the shipyards at birkenhead as well bowdown.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
Deva Devil
post Sep 26 2014, 08:34 PM
Post #19

Naughty but nice

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (sealandkopite @ Sep 25 2014, 11:17 PM) *
The 'ugly stick' in Wrexham must have very strong powers and a scatter gun effect!

Lets be fair, there ain't many male models on the Harry Mac either !!! lol

Fair play though if drunken illiterate analysis is for you, that pair were excellent.

+Quote Post
classic-cabana
post Sep 26 2014, 09:06 PM
Post #20

Bo-Lieve!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1879

QUOTE (Jumpy @ Sep 26 2014, 12:26 AM) *

I myself was in H block with my brother-in-law. There were some good decent older fellas in there too - all there to watch the football.
I went in there because I knew the atmosphere would be good and tense - as a derby should be. My days on the Harry Mac are long gone, and H block is where I have tended to go and sit for every match since.
I know what you're saying in backing up his remark about most who were in there probably don't come to most matches - but in fact there were a lot of regulars in H block - as well as a lot of lads who probably won't be at the next match against Welling of course.

On a side note, I was as disappointed at the "minutes silence" incident (a silence which sadly only lasted around 20 seconds) as the majority of the ground.
But again, to give my first hand account as a fan sitting there, just before the silence you could see the unrest and lack of enthusiasm for the silence from a small number of faces, while many other Chester fans in the H block appealed for the calm and silence, a few even shouting to "show some f*(king respect!" before the ref blew his whistle.
Unfortunately it only took one to disrupt the peace - and when a couple of others joined in it was literally that! You could count on one hand how many fans shouted and ruined it - it was nowhere near the "40" or even "around 90 or so of them" that the Wxm fans were claiming in that video!

Yeah apologies for that. Should have put 'rightfully has a go at the fans that disrepected the silence'. I know people who sit there regularly also and it is unfair to tarnish all that sat there with same brush.

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Sep 26 2014, 09:07 PM
Post #21

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3538

I hope the ones who chose to disrespect the silence watch these clips and feel ashamed of themselves

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Sep 26 2014, 09:15 PM
Post #22

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

QUOTE (waggoner @ Sep 26 2014, 10:07 PM) *

I hope the ones who chose to disrespect the silence watch these clips and feel ashamed of themselves

I doubt it. You know what they say 'no sense, no feeling'

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Sep 26 2014, 11:39 PM
Post #23

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

QUOTE (Jumpy @ Sep 26 2014, 12:26 AM) *

Back to the video itself - it's a good account of the day from their perspective - captures the emotion and drama of it all nicely, and as much as it must have pained the guy, fair play to him for rolling the camera just as we equalised because it captures the moment and the contrast between the sets of fans. The viewing for the winning goal just makes it all the more enjoyable! biggrin.gif

Good post and true facts as well, A few mindless idiots disrespect deceased people who probably worked harder in a week than them pricks have in all there sad little lives!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Sep 27 2014, 12:30 AM
Post #24

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

QUOTE (Billy W @ Sep 26 2014, 10:15 PM) *
QUOTE (waggoner @ Sep 26 2014, 10:07 PM) *

I doubt it. You know what they say 'no sense, no feeling'

I agree, these were working class lads, that died, working an extra shift to go to the match or take their families to a carnival. The 'idiot's' that disrupted the minutes silence should be identified and banned.

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Sep 27 2014, 07:08 AM
Post #25

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

The guy with the rather fashionable helmet that did the commentary called those idiots in H block SCUM and he's right.

I feel that as the law dealt with the banner morons on 31/8/13, our club should deal with these scum and ban them for life.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th March 2021 - 01:41 PM