Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First Manager Sacked
RCM
post Aug 17 2016, 12:20 PM
Post #1

Youth team

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 5417

Chris Todd has been sacked from Eastleigh today.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DanLB
post Aug 17 2016, 12:30 PM
Post #2

1st team regular

Member No.: 7442

Cue Steve Burr to save the day.

--------------------
Until the sky turns green...

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Aug 17 2016, 11:09 PM
Post #3

3 in a row

Member No.: 133

QUOTE (DanLB @ Aug 17 2016, 01:30 PM) *

Please, please let that happen. We'd finish above them whilst hopefully offloading crap like Chappell onto them!

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
Deva Blue
post Aug 18 2016, 08:57 AM
Post #4

Squad player

Member No.: 11858

I remember Eastleigh made an approach for Burr in January but we rejected them. A few months later and we were paying to let him go rather than the reverse!

Genuinley think it might be Burr but by the sounds of it they might be after someone with FL experience.

--------------------
Heard about the bad times, witnessed the good ones.

+Quote Post
GazCCFC
post Aug 18 2016, 09:04 AM
Post #5

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 733

QUOTE (Arrogant Blue @ Aug 18 2016, 12:09 AM) *

Please, please let that happen. We'd finish above them whilst hopefully offloading crap like Chappell onto them!

It would be the perfect job for Burr - unlimited budget and no transfer window anymore! We ended up with crap like Chappell because he didn't know how to find a bargain.

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Aug 18 2016, 09:09 AM
Post #6

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 11695

QUOTE (GazCCFC @ Aug 18 2016, 10:04 AM) *
QUOTE (Arrogant Blue @ Aug 18 2016, 12:09 AM) *

It would be the perfect job for Burr - unlimited budget and no transfer window anymore! We ended up with crap like Chappell because he didn't know how to find a bargain.

Somehow even now Burr has gone we still find ourselves with crap like Chappell. I don't think we are a relegation standard team, but we just need to approach games in the right way, going 3-0 down will never get results. If we get the first goal in a game, i can see us being alright. I think JM only has a year deal to test the water, there will be a placement objective in mind at the club that he has to acheive.

This post has been edited by SqzL: Aug 18 2016, 09:09 AM

+Quote Post
MPW
post Aug 18 2016, 08:24 PM
Post #7

1st team captain

Member No.: 1056

Seems harsh!

+Quote Post
chester till i d...
post Aug 19 2016, 11:36 AM
Post #8

1st team regular

Member No.: 11800

ronnie moore is their new manager

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Aug 19 2016, 11:43 AM
Post #9

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

££££££

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Aug 19 2016, 12:11 PM
Post #10

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (chester till i die 2014 34 @ Aug 19 2016, 12:36 PM) *

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them get playoffs, or even go up. Top manager at this level and the level above in my opinion, and dare i say someone we could have had with bags of expereince.

+Quote Post
Burrfect
post Aug 19 2016, 12:48 PM
Post #11

Squad player

Member No.: 11919

QUOTE (SqzL @ Aug 19 2016, 01:11 PM) *

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them get playoffs, or even go up. Top manager at this level and the level above in my opinion, and dare i say someone we could have had with bags of expereince.

Begs the question did he apply for the Job or did they approach him, there was no chance of him becoming Chester manager because he didn't apply, perhaps the bigger buget with more cash to splash was the missing incentive

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Aug 19 2016, 12:57 PM
Post #12

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Burrfect @ Aug 19 2016, 01:48 PM) *

Begs the question did he apply for the Job or did they approach him, there was no chance of him becoming Chester manager because he didn't apply, perhaps the bigger buget with more cash to splash was the missing incentive

Agreed i would love to know if he applied or was approached. There is no reason why a club shouldn't approach a manager in my opinion anyway. This is modern day football, clubs often approach managers in teh same way they approach players.

+Quote Post
Richard
post Aug 19 2016, 01:50 PM
Post #13

1st team regular

Member No.: 3477

QUOTE (SqzL @ Aug 19 2016, 01:57 PM) *

Agreed i would love to know if he applied or was approached. There is no reason why a club shouldn't approach a manager in my opinion anyway. This is modern day football, clubs often approach managers in teh same way they approach players.

At some levels of football, making an approach may be a good idea, where silly money and long term contracts are the norm.

Foe me though, making such an approach means that they are in the box seat when it comes to salary, contract length and conditions, with agents laughing all the way to the bank.

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Aug 19 2016, 02:45 PM
Post #14

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Richard @ Aug 19 2016, 02:50 PM) *

At some levels of football, making an approach may be a good idea, where silly money and long term contracts are the norm.

Foe me though, making such an approach means that they are in the box seat when it comes to salary, contract length and conditions, with agents laughing all the way to the bank.

Understand your point of view, I just doubt Moore would have declined the wage that Burr was on.

+Quote Post
GazCCFC
post Aug 19 2016, 03:16 PM
Post #15

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (SqzL @ Aug 19 2016, 03:45 PM) *

Understand your point of view, I just doubt Moore would have declined the wage that Burr was on.

Instead we took a massive gamble on an unproven, inexperienced manager with an inexperienced assistant. The jury is very much still out on that decision but the early signs aren't great. What our club desperately needed was experience, both on and off the field. It seems to have recruited well off the field now - even if it took far too long to reach that stage. On the field we are a team of kids with a manager who thinks all the answers lie on a DVD.

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Aug 19 2016, 03:44 PM
Post #16

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (GazCCFC @ Aug 19 2016, 04:16 PM) *

Instead we took a massive gamble on an unproven, inexperienced manager with an inexperienced assistant. The jury is very much still out on that decision but the early signs aren't great. What our club desperately needed was experience, both on and off the field. It seems to have recruited well off the field now - even if it took far too long to reach that stage. On the field we are a team of kids with a manager who thinks all the answers lie on a DVD.

Agree with most, bar the end part. Kids aren't always such a bad thing and there is a blend of players with conference experience. It's just the strikers that are kids to be fair, if you look across the team as a whole.

Also, to defend JM, who i am still unsure of myself, i think he is terrible when it comes to interviews, which makes him sound a lot worse than he is. I do believe he works hard with his research, but it's just not turned into results so far this season, early days.

This post has been edited by SqzL: Aug 19 2016, 03:44 PM

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Aug 20 2016, 06:48 AM
Post #17

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

Disagree
The early signs were fantastic, with 3 wins out of 4 to keep us in this league.

This season we have played a handful of games against some decent teams, I don't think JM knows his best 11 yet, which is hardly surprising after such a short period.
I honestly believe we will be mid table after ten games, which is where I think we will finish.

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Aug 20 2016, 07:37 AM
Post #18

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Aug 20 2016, 07:48 AM) *

Disagree

This season we have played a handful of games against some decent teams, I don't think JM knows his best 11 yet, which is hardly surprising after such a short period.
I honestly believe we will be mid table after ten games, which is where I think we will finish.

Agree. The gamble would have been to break the bank bringing in Ronnie Moore, who hasn't managed in this division for nearly 20 years, got in trouble for betting a few years ago, and seemingly didn't even apply for the job.

Macca deserved, and still deserves, a fair crack of the whip.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 20 2016, 08:29 AM
Post #19

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (XWWB @ Aug 20 2016, 08:37 AM) *

Disagree

Agree. The gamble would have been to break the bank bringing in Ronnie Moore, who hasn't managed in this division for nearly 20 years, got in trouble for betting a few years ago, and seemingly didn't even apply for the job.

Agreed, at that time we could not afford an expensive manager,having had to pay up the remainder of Steve Burrs contract, I know for a fact that Jon McCarthy was the most impressive interviewee of all the applicants.
He very much wears his heart on his sleeve, and that comes through whenever I have spoken to him, we are only a handful of games into the season, talking about replacing him is really ridiculous and not fair, we have had some tough opening games to contend with, the Dagenham game shows that we can get it right, we knew this was going to be a tough season before we even kicked off.
Jon has spoken to the Senior Blues on a number of occasions and never fails to impress with his undoubted passion for the club, but most of all his honesty. He is an excellent speaker, just after a game is NOT the best time to ask any manager for comments especially if your team has just been beaten.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Aug 21 2016, 03:44 PM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

Second manager to bite the dust is Guiseley's Mark Bower and his assistant Danny Boshell.

+Quote Post
GazCCFC
post Aug 21 2016, 03:54 PM
Post #21

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 20 2016, 09:29 AM) *
QUOTE (XWWB @ Aug 20 2016, 08:37 AM) *

Disagree

Agreed, at that time we could not afford an expensive manager,having had to pay up the remainder of Steve Burrs contract, I know for a fact that Jon McCarthy was the most impressive interviewee of all the applicants.
He very much wears his heart on his sleeve, and that comes through whenever I have spoken to him, we are only a handful of games into the season, talking about replacing him is really ridiculous and not fair, we have had some tough opening games to contend with, the Dagenham game shows that we can get it right, we knew this was going to be a tough season before we even kicked off.
Jon has spoken to the Senior Blues on a number of occasions and never fails to impress with his undoubted passion for the club, but most of all his honesty. He is an excellent speaker, just after a game is NOT the best time to ask any manager for comments especially if your team has just been beaten.

How to be popular with a selection of the Chester fans....hop along to the Senior Blues Meeting and tell them what they want to hear. Wasn't that Steve Burr's tactic as well? This is a results business and in the end any manager is judged by results and performances on the pitch. Ridiculous to call for his head at this stage but if things don't improve rapidly then by October/November time then serious questions must be asked. He looks completely out of his depth at the moment as a football manager. I guess as long as he keeps coming along to the meetings and 'performing' he'll have your support though......

+Quote Post
AGL
post Aug 21 2016, 04:32 PM
Post #22

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2356

There was some dimwit in the crowd yesterday who kept on shouting out the same "witty" abuse about DVDs. Please tell me it wasn't you.

+Quote Post
GazCCFC
post Aug 21 2016, 04:46 PM
Post #23

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (AGL @ Aug 21 2016, 05:32 PM) *

There was some dimwit in the crowd yesterday who kept on shouting out the same "witty" abuse about DVDs. Please tell me it wasn't you.

No it wasn't me but it does show how embarassing our manager sounds. Just reading his comments about the magnificent performance yesterday.

+Quote Post
AGL
post Aug 21 2016, 05:12 PM
Post #24

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2356

QUOTE (GazCCFC @ Aug 21 2016, 05:46 PM) *
QUOTE (AGL @ Aug 21 2016, 05:32 PM) *

No it wasn't me but it does show how embarassing our manager sounds. Just reading his comments about the magnificent performance yesterday.

That's good to know. But seriously, what do you expect/want? we got a 1-1 draw against a team which will probably be around the play-offs. I don't recall us getting battered after the shaky start, albeit I'd love to see us have a shot on goal before 80 minutes and was frustrated as everyone. There was definite progress - at Gateshead and Barrow we crumbled after going 1-0 down.
I very much doubt JM thinks all the answers lie in a DVD and in fairness there weren't a lot of other options for manager. Your (getting repetitive and why I wrongly assumed you might be the wag in the crowd yesterday) comments about the manager visits to the Exiles/Senior Blues are also a bit patronising - can't talk for everyone (and I'm not a Senior Blue) but those two groups are conservative (with a small c) - give the manager a fair chance, get behind him and the team and within reason don't become a sacking club. It goes deeper than just accepting SB/JM because they come across well at meetings.

+Quote Post
chester till i d...
post Aug 21 2016, 05:14 PM
Post #25

1st team regular

Member No.: 11800

guiseley have removed mark bower as manager

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd February 2020 - 03:22 PM