Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CFU - CFU meeting with Jon McCarthy
Really Simple Sy...
post Sep 18 2016, 07:51 AM
Post #1

RSS Robot

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2946

The next CFU members meeting is this Thursday, September 22, at 7.30pm in the Blues Bar.

The meeting is an informal meeting and we will have club manager Jon McCarthy as the special guest.

There will also be an opportunity to ask any questions to the CFU board.

For those who can't make it on the night there is a streaming service available. You must be a CFU member to take advantage. Please email neil.bellis@chesterfc.com for more information. 

View the full article
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Sep 23 2016, 12:22 AM
Post #2

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1207

QUOTE (Really Simple Syndication @ Sep 18 2016, 03:51 AM) *
The next CFU members meeting is this Thursday, September 22, at 7.30pm in the Blues Bar.

The meeting is an informal meeting and we will have club manager Jon McCarthy as the special guest.

There will also be an opportunity to ask any questions to the CFU board.

For those who can't make it on the night there is a streaming service available. You must be a CFU member to take advantage. Please email neil.bellis@chesterfc.com for more information. 

View the full article

Any reports?

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
Charfield Blue
post Sep 23 2016, 05:56 AM
Post #3

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 174

I watched the online stream. Jon spoke very well and I was really impressed with what he had to say. Likes to keep the formation very simple as a 4-4-2. This then means that everyone knows their role and what is expected of them as do others in the squad who have to come in and fill a position. Clearly feels that this fixed formation allows each player to then develop to their full potential in the role.

I have to say I fully agree with his approach. He clearly backs himself to get the best out of each and every player and develop them, hence why we won't see ongoing changes in personnel.

--------------------
The Craig Revel-Horwood of non-league football forums - cheers Viv

One Nugget short of a Happy Meal

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Sep 23 2016, 01:12 PM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 11695

QUOTE (Charfield Blue @ Sep 23 2016, 06:56 AM) *
I watched the online stream. Jon spoke very well and I was really impressed with what he had to say. Likes to keep the formation very simple as a 4-4-2. This then means that everyone knows their role and what is expected of them as do others in the squad who have to come in and fill a position. Clearly feels that this fixed formation allows each player to then develop to their full potential in the role.

I have to say I fully agree with his approach. He clearly backs himself to get the best out of each and every player and develop them, hence why we won't see ongoing changes in personnel.

Good to hear. Would be nice to see some new faces in January if we pick up any injuries up front though. A win tomorrow and the table would look very promising, we must be full of confidence. citysign.GIF

+Quote Post
MPW
post Sep 23 2016, 04:25 PM
Post #5

1st team captain

Member No.: 1056

I listened to the live stream too and was impressed and surprised how frank Macca was talking about tactics etc. There is obviously a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes before games and he seems very meticulous and passionate about what he does.

Macca does not feel he needs to bring in any new players but said he thinks the board would back him if he needed reinforcements.

Is the live stream recorded to replay anywhere?

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Sep 23 2016, 05:10 PM
Post #6

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

QUOTE (MPW @ Sep 23 2016, 05:25 PM) *
I listened to the live stream too and was impressed and surprised how frank Macca was talking about tactics etc. There is obviously a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes before games and he seems very meticulous and passionate about what he does.

Macca does not feel he needs to bring in any new players but said he thinks the board would back him if he needed reinforcements.

Who's this Frank Macca? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pauline M
post Sep 23 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #7

Chair - Chester Exiles
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

No not at present. I had a chat with Neil Belliis about that last night and seems it would require a subscription of £100 a month to record as well so not viable at present. However he did say he was going to investigate others providers of streaming. So please lobby him!
I must say I did wish that every Deva Chatter could have been at the CFU meeting last night to hear Jon McCarthy speak. You couldn't but be impressed by what he is building with this team. Very honest but we had great admiration for the depth of detail and commitment he is putting into every game.

The Q&A afterwards was excellent too with Mark Maguire and Laurence Kirby answering most of the questions and gave some honest but very impressive answers to questions. Laurence's answer about the break even crowd was encouraging (isn't one as many income streams and doesn't include any FA Cup revenue or transfers either) and Mark Maquire's initiatives are already paying dividends Cestrian 10 etc Good work going on to have a better relationship with Chester University too working with several departments. Good to hear Chester FC will be present at Freshers Week next week. too!
Although an informal CFU meeting many of those present said it had been one of the best.

--------------------
Join the Chester Exiles and have fun as we climb back to where we belong.

+Quote Post
Charfield Blue
post Sep 23 2016, 08:58 PM
Post #8

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 174

People talk about the lack of communication, but look at the lack of comments on this thread.

A regular live streaming service, where board members and manager speak and take questions, but how many people attend or join the stream?

A lot of so called Chester fans need a slap around the face. To be able to listen and watch, from afar, our voted representatives talk about our club and to hear our manager explain his approach in such open, transparent and honest a way is a privilege that should NOT be taken for granted.

Get behind them!

--------------------
The Craig Revel-Horwood of non-league football forums - cheers Viv

One Nugget short of a Happy Meal

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Sep 23 2016, 09:02 PM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4436

Couldn't the club just stream it via Periscope on its Facebook and Twitter pages?

That way anyone who has liked their social media pages can watch it live, or watch it afterwards in full for up to 24 hours. And Periscope is free, so no fees to pay at all - anyone can download the app onto their smartphone and stream whatever they like.

This post has been edited by Deva Chanter: Sep 23 2016, 09:02 PM

--------------------
The first casualty of war is the truth.

+Quote Post
MPW
post Sep 23 2016, 10:50 PM
Post #10

1st team captain

Member No.: 1056

QUOTE (Deva Chanter @ Sep 23 2016, 10:02 PM) *
Couldn't the club just stream it via Periscope on its Facebook and Twitter pages?

That way anyone who has liked their social media pages can watch it live, or watch it afterwards in full for up to 24 hours. And Periscope is free, so no fees to pay at all - anyone can download the app onto their smartphone and stream whatever they like.

Thought about that myself, but I think the streaming is meant to be for CFU members only, so not sure how viewers can be managed.

+Quote Post
Harry Lime
post Sep 24 2016, 07:37 AM
Post #11

1st team regular

Member No.: 4989

QUOTE (Charfield Blue @ Sep 23 2016, 09:58 PM) *
People talk about the lack of communication, but look at the lack of comments on this thread.

A regular live streaming service, where board members and manager speak and take questions, but how many people attend or join the stream?

A lot of so called Chester fans need a slap around the face. To be able to listen and watch, from afar, our voted representatives talk about our club and to hear our manager explain his approach in such open, transparent and honest a way is a privilege that should NOT be taken for granted.

Get behind them!

Great post!

There's a number of regular posters complaining about lack of information from the board / club etc. Yet here's an opportunity to attend, ask questions, listen to answers from the actual manager / chairman about the issue.

How many attend? 50 to 80 usually and a few through the web link. Get down to the meetings. It's just a cross section of our supporters down there. People you've met at home and away games. If more come down, more questions will be asked and more answers given.

As CB says, do not take all this for granted. It's what we asked for. We should be proud that it happens and embrace it.

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Sep 27 2016, 09:19 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

QUOTE (Pauline M @ Sep 23 2016, 08:55 PM) *

No not at present. I had a chat with Neil Belliis about that last night and seems it would require a subscription of £100 a month to record as well so not viable at present. However he did say he was going to investigate others providers of streaming. So please lobby him!
I must say I did wish that every Deva Chatter could have been at the CFU meeting last night to hear Jon McCarthy speak. You couldn't but be impressed by what he is building with this team. Very honest but we had great admiration for the depth of detail and commitment he is putting into every game.

The Q&A afterwards was excellent too with Mark Maguire and Laurence Kirby answering most of the questions and gave some honest but very impressive answers to questions. Laurence's answer about the break even crowd was encouraging (isn't one as many income streams and doesn't include any FA Cup revenue or transfers either) and Mark Maquire's initiatives are already paying dividends Cestrian 10 etc Good work going on to have a better relationship with Chester University too working with several departments. Good to hear Chester FC will be present at Freshers Week next week. too!
Although an informal CFU meeting many of those present said it had been one of the best.

Sorry, have I read that right? There isn't a break even figure this season? Somebody said it was 2,100 the other week.

+Quote Post
McSeal
post Sep 27 2016, 11:17 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Mancot Blue @ Sep 27 2016, 10:19 PM) *

Sorry, have I read that right? There isn't a break even figure this season? Somebody said it was 2,100 the other week.

I think the way it was put, was that the actual attendance is meaningless. It's the amount of money generated that is important. You can have a gate of 3,000 but if 2500 of them are kids paying £3 each, it doesn't do you much good. So there is a budget for season ticket income (which I think was about £10,000 down from the budgeted amount and there's a budget for the cash generated for a game through all income streams (which I think is currently about £5,000 down on target)

+Quote Post
Pauline M
post Sep 27 2016, 11:34 PM
Post #14

Chair - Chester Exiles
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

QUOTE (McSeal @ Sep 28 2016, 12:17 AM) *

I think the way it was put, was that the actual attendance is meaningless. It's the amount of money generated that is important. You can have a gate of 3,000 but if 2500 of them are kids paying £3 each, it doesn't do you much good. So there is a budget for season ticket income (which I think was about £10,000 down from the budgeted amount and there's a budget for the cash generated for a game through all income streams (which I think is currently about £5,000 down on target)

Thanks McSeal - correctly explained. smile.gif

--------------------
Join the Chester Exiles and have fun as we climb back to where we belong.

+Quote Post
bogsnorkel
post Sep 29 2016, 05:47 AM
Post #15

1st team regular

Member No.: 121

QUOTE (Pauline M @ Sep 28 2016, 12:34 AM) *

would be interesting to know how much the target differs from the breakeven by. It seems slightly worrying that we are 15k below target a quarter way through the season. There may well be things in the pipeline off the pitch though looks like we could be well down on match income target.

+Quote Post
Deva Blue
post Sep 29 2016, 08:54 AM
Post #16

Squad player

Member No.: 11858

QUOTE (bogsnorkel @ Sep 29 2016, 06:47 AM) *
QUOTE (Pauline M @ Sep 28 2016, 12:34 AM) *

would be interesting to know how much the target differs from the breakeven by. It seems slightly worrying that we are 15k below target a quarter way through the season. There may well be things in the pipeline off the pitch though looks like we could be well down on match income target.

A quarter of the way through the season, however we still have the Tranmere and Wrexham home fixtures plus FA Cup money

--------------------
Heard about the bad times, witnessed the good ones.

+Quote Post
McSeal
post Sep 29 2016, 11:00 AM
Post #17

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Deva Blue @ Sep 29 2016, 09:54 AM) *
A quarter of the way through the season, however we still have the Tranmere and Wrexham home fixtures plus FA Cup money

Only if we win a game in it ! Draw for the 4th qualifying round (winner gets £12,500) is this Monday.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2021 - 10:48 AM