> UTTER GARBAGE
Jay Hawks
post Aug 23 2014, 04:11 PM
Post #1

The Rock Maestro

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 803

Another horrible display today.

No threat or goal mouth action to report of yet again. Players playing out of position. The so called experienced players not good enough.

Major surgery required Burr. angry.gif

--------------------
It's better to remain silent and seem a fool,than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
paddy seal
post Aug 23 2014, 04:15 PM
Post #2

1st team regular

Member No.: 4209

Who is that fatty playing up front crying.gif , you may as well play Cleggy cityscarf.gif

--------------------
people who wear glasses shouldnt live in green houses

+Quote Post
JEPSON
post Aug 23 2014, 04:16 PM
Post #3

I,m on this earth to please no-one except myself

Member No.: 495

whilst not pressing the panic button yet will not attend

again unless there is a reasonable improvement in the next 10

games, then i will reconsider

This post has been edited by JEPSON: Aug 23 2014, 04:16 PM

--------------------
The only good thing to come out of Wales

The road to England

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Aug 23 2014, 04:16 PM
Post #4

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

Agreed it was shambolic. Difficult to know where to start for Burr, as apart from 2 or 3 players, the whole squad looks out of its depth.

We were lucky today, it could have been 6 or 7.

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
AGL
post Aug 23 2014, 04:17 PM
Post #5

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2356

QUOTE (JEPSON @ Aug 23 2014, 05:16 PM) *

That's the spirit

+Quote Post
keyboard ken
post Aug 23 2014, 04:22 PM
Post #6

1st team sub

Member No.: 9435

QUOTE (JEPSON @ Aug 23 2014, 05:16 PM) *

That goes for me as well,money needs to spent or gates are going to drop

+Quote Post
Almost Blue
post Aug 23 2014, 04:23 PM
Post #7

1st team captain

Member No.: 2954

That was dismal . . . worse than last season . . . and they were better in every position. Steve Burr has a right job on his hands.

--------------------
English Corner, Harry Mac Terrace - since 1992.

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Aug 23 2014, 04:23 PM
Post #8

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

Here we go again biggrin.gif

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
Harry Blaen
post Aug 23 2014, 04:24 PM
Post #9

born 2B blue

Member No.: 5237

Nothing constructive is likely to be posted this soon after the end of a disappointing display. The writing was on the wall after ten seconds with a hopeless punt into touch straight from the kick off. I'll be back at the ground, as will many of us and back on here later with some considered criticism.

Good turnout by the Halifax supporters, and good support from them throughout. A bit sad when the best they can do is crow about being from Yorkshire, mind. I mean, have you ever been there and seen what a derelict wasteland much of it is these days?

--------------------
DEVA VICTRIX
XX

+Quote Post
mused
post Aug 23 2014, 04:27 PM
Post #10

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

I don't think not attending is the answer to our problems but there's some massive questions need asking. Price increases for a team that at the moment look worse than last season. James aside, I can't see one player who looks anything like a prospect. Too many of last seasons squad kept on. Big chris can't run or jump. No midfield other than James. And too many light weight players.
Hats off to Halifax they were superb. Big, strong, athletic and fit. Everything we're not.
I'm not pressing then panic button but two games in and I'm gutted.

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Aug 23 2014, 04:27 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 11695

QUOTE (Harry Blaen @ Aug 23 2014, 05:24 PM) *
Nothing constructive is likely to be posted this soon after the end of a disappointing display. The writing was on the wall after ten seconds with a hopeless punt into touch straight from the kick off. I'll be back at the ground, as will many of us and back on here later with some considered criticism.

Good turnout by the Halifax supporters, and good support from them throughout. A bit sad when the best they can do is crow about being from Yorkshire, mind. I mean, have you ever been there and seen what a derelict wasteland much of it is these days?

I doubt anything constructive will be posted ever about this performance. Anything positive is simply sugar coating an inexcusable performance.

+Quote Post
AGL
post Aug 23 2014, 04:30 PM
Post #12

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2356

Not defending the performance but why is it that the usual attention seekers feel the need to start a new thread/ throw toys out of the pram after every defeat?

+Quote Post
York Deva
post Aug 23 2014, 04:32 PM
Post #13

Squad player

Member No.: 4546

QUOTE (Harry Blaen @ Aug 23 2014, 05:24 PM) *

Says someone who obviously hasn't been to Yorkshire and / or didn't watch Tour de France. Yorkshire (as is Cheshire) is a fantastically scenic county - which was showcased on the TV with some stunning aerial shots from the TdF helicopter. Halifax's inane chants should not detract from Yorkshire as a county.

Rant over biggrin.gif from a York resident Chester fan of 40 years.

This post has been edited by York Deva: Aug 23 2014, 04:34 PM

+Quote Post
Mr. Blonde
post Aug 23 2014, 04:32 PM
Post #14

1st team regular

Member No.: 11510

Well, where do I begin, being unfortunate enough to serve in her majesties finest, I fist feel sorry for the poor bastards who pad £18 compared to my £10

I feel like the rest of my soul was ripped from my body by a f**king big hook

The passages of play I did witness when I didn't have my head in my hands was dire

I don't mind losing, especially to good sides, it's the GUTLESS display i can't stand.

Iwo Jima or whatever the f**k he's called, can f**k off back to Scotland, I'll drive him there myself. I'll even put my air-con on so he won't break a sweat doing that

Not one shot on goal, what do they do in training? practice misplaced passes eat pies and s**t shots? It must be. They are f**king perfect at that.

Now tell me. We had a fortune come through from sponsors, CFU, and 2500 per week, for 3 years coming from the glue sniffing pub leagues upto Conf North. Where the f**k has that money gone. Neil Youngs spending sprees. Did we need Trundle? Did we need to rip the squad apart every season? If Barnes could walk Conf North, like so many suggested, why was he let go?

Where is the WAR CHEST that was built up ready for the conference. It's gone and we don't have one. We now have players on peanuts and can't do much about it.

If this continues I can see the crowds rapidly dropping.

£18 rub it in your pubes.

--------------------

Canadian Exile-c**t.

+Quote Post
boggle1983
post Aug 23 2014, 04:38 PM
Post #15

Squad player

Member No.: 5121

Just back from the match - that was utter S H I T!

Only positive for me, nice sunny day and the wife is off out tonight!!!!

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Aug 23 2014, 04:41 PM
Post #16

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

QUOTE (AGL @ Aug 23 2014, 05:30 PM) *
Not defending the performance but why is it that the usual attention seekers feel the need to start a new thread/ throw toys out of the pram after every defeat?

Heh, yeah, you can't help but notice it.

It's actually funny that after every home game we're going down after a new worst ever performance since reformation from the worst side that's ever graced the Conference, whilst after every away game we're staying up after a performance that had plenty to like about it.

People lose all perspective.

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
Mr. Blonde
post Aug 23 2014, 04:44 PM
Post #17

1st team regular

Member No.: 11510

It was a gutless display, Kingsley James and the keeper aside, the rest i'd have them out on the pitch now practicing.

--------------------

Canadian Exile-c**t.

+Quote Post
mused
post Aug 23 2014, 04:45 PM
Post #18

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

QUOTE (ANDERS @ Aug 23 2014, 05:41 PM) *

It's actually funny that after every home game we're going down after a new worst ever performance since reformation from the worst side that's ever graced the Conference, whilst after every away game we're staying up after a performance that had plenty to like about it.

I think if Worsnop was in goal we would be talking a re-run of the Barnet game. So I suppose that's a positive in itself!
I can't make away games due to work, family etc and I'm guessing we'll play better on the road. So I'll just have to lump these sub standard home games. Again!

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
Neil
post Aug 23 2014, 04:47 PM
Post #19

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 8945

QUOTE (ANDERS @ Aug 23 2014, 05:41 PM) *

Can you blame people for the amount of money people fork out for this?

+Quote Post
Jay Hawks
post Aug 23 2014, 04:49 PM
Post #20

The Rock Maestro

Member No.: 803

QUOTE (paddy seal @ Aug 23 2014, 05:15 PM) *
Who is that fatty playing up front crying.gif , you may as well play Cleggy cityscarf.gif

IWOBBLELUMU

--------------------
It's better to remain silent and seem a fool,than to speak out and remove all doubt.

+Quote Post
classic-cabana
post Aug 23 2014, 04:56 PM
Post #21

Bo-Lieve!
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1879

Hall was easy man of the match, only positive from today

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Aug 23 2014, 05:00 PM
Post #22

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

I don't think that the players are the problem. Everyone singles out the defence and there were defensive lapses for goals 2 and 3, but it is more to do with the lack of midfield cover and the system Burr is playing. It is leaving us far too open. It is obvious that Burr is trying to play through the midfield, But Rooney should be played further forward and a holding midfield player introduced to go along side James. If it were me, I would go 5-3-2. With Brown, Kay and Hennegan, as the centre backs. 2 holding Midfield players. Rooney in the number 10 role and McConville playing upfront, off either Iwelumo or Hobson. Of course we were not good and could improve almost everywhere, but Halifax were a really decent side and today, we didn't help ourselves.

+Quote Post
Harry Blaen
post Aug 23 2014, 05:01 PM
Post #23

born 2B blue

Member No.: 5237

QUOTE (York Deva @ Aug 23 2014, 05:32 PM) *
Says someone who obviously hasn't been to Yorkshire and / or didn't watch Tour de France. Yorkshire (as is Cheshire) is a fantastically scenic county - which was showcased on the TV with some stunning aerial shots from the TdF helicopter. Halifax's inane chants should not detract from Yorkshire as a county.

Rant over biggrin.gif from a York resident Chester fan of 40 years.

I was in Sheffield a few weeks ago, drove over the A roads via Stockport and Sale, it was grim and far worse than when I was last over there some years ago. TDF? No thanks, bunch of druggies in lycra isn't really my thing either.

--------------------
DEVA VICTRIX
XX

+Quote Post
jack
post Aug 23 2014, 05:02 PM
Post #24

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3692

Halifax are a good side but we made it incredibly easy for them.

The frustrating thing to watch is that we do not seem to have a game plan. If we were organised and solid, you could accept us not being very creative. If we were a real threat going forward, you could accept us being a bit ropey at the back. As it stands we are laughably poor in defence and utterly toothless up front. There was no sense of formation or style of play today, it looked as if we just went out there and tried to wing it. We're certainly a poorer side than last season and that is really concerning.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing from our defence today. Charnock looked bereft of any confidence and had a stinker. Brown has potential but he is no way a captain. He needs a George Horan next to him; somebody to organise. Michael Kay looked back to his worst and Roberts didn't make a tackle for the 45 minutes he lasted. The most concerning thing was how a single long ball caused absolute chaos every single time.

First things first, Burr needs to steady the ship because we'll leak goals. Get the back 4 working as a unit and sit Kingsley James right in front of them, because we're just far too open.

Today reminded me of a Simon Davies team.

+Quote Post
stortfordblue
post Aug 23 2014, 05:07 PM
Post #25

1st team regular

Member No.: 3174

QUOTE (Mr. Blonde @ Aug 23 2014, 05:32 PM) *
Well, where do I begin, being unfortunate enough to serve in her majesties finest, I fist feel sorry for the poor bastards who pad £18 compared to my £10

I feel like the rest of my soul was ripped from my body by a f**king big hook

The passages of play I did witness when I didn't have my head in my hands was dire

I don't mind losing, especially to good sides, it's the GUTLESS display i can't stand.

Iwo Jima or whatever the f**k he's called, can f**k off back to Scotland, I'll drive him there myself. I'll even put my air-con on so he won't break a sweat doing that

Not one shot on goal, what do they do in training? practice misplaced passes eat pies and s**t shots? It must be. They are f**king perfect at that.

Now tell me. We had a fortune come through from sponsors, CFU, and 2500 per week, for 3 years coming from the glue sniffing pub leagues upto Conf North. Where the f**k has that money gone. Neil Youngs spending sprees. Did we need Trundle? Did we need to rip the squad apart every season? If Barnes could walk Conf North, like so many suggested, why was he let go?

Where is the WAR CHEST that was built up ready for the conference. It's gone and we don't have one. We now have players on peanuts and can't do much about it.

If this continues I can see the crowds rapidly dropping.

£18 rub it in your pubes.

What are you in?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2021 - 10:28 AM