Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Advance warning - Fancy yourself as the next Leighton Rees?, 1st Annual CFU Darts Open
Greeny
post Mar 4 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #1

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2039

I know there are plenty of darters on here and I know there are a fair few who like to talk themselves up!

Well, grab your arrows and your best dart shirts because on Saturday April 17th the first ever Annual CFU Darts Open will be held.

The venue for this sporting Battle of the Titans will be one to rival the grandeur of the Winter Palace and will easily top the ear defeaning atmosphere of the Ally Pally. Yes, the darting mecca of The Cottage on Brook Street with its two first class boards, belting real ale and handful of entertaining locals.

Full details will follow in due course but there will be space for just 32 entrants. CFU members only (no sharks from the Ship Victory allowed!) and entry will be a tenner. 50% of the entry fee will go towards keeping football alive in our city.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Beautiful Ga...
post Mar 4 2010, 12:28 PM
Post #2

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1026

Love it Greeny, great idea. The Bomber will be in attendance.

Spice Balti in close proximity too.

--------------------
"'The past was yours but the future's mine'

+Quote Post
Ben
post Mar 4 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #3

Supporter

Member No.: 76

QUOTE (Greeny @ Mar 4 2010, 12:25 PM) *
I know there are plenty of darters on here and I know there are a fair few who like to talk themselves up!

Well, grab your arrows and your best dart shirts because on Saturday April 17th the first ever Annual CFU Darts Open will be held.

The venue for this sporting Battle of the Titans will be one to rival the grandeur of the Winter Palace and will easily top the ear defeaning atmosphere of the Ally Pally. Yes, the darting mecca of The Cottage on Brook Street with its two first class boards, belting real ale and handful of entertaining locals.

Full details will follow in due course but there will be space for just 32 entrants. CFU members only (no sharks from the Ship Victory allowed!) and entry will be a tenner. 50% of the entry fee will go towards keeping football alive in our city.

Mecca? Has that got something to do with Bingo?

--------------------
Want to reminisce? Check out my youtube channel which has lots of clips of CCFC, including many of the great Harry McNally.

CCFC Old Clips

+Quote Post
The Beautiful Ga...
post Mar 4 2010, 12:57 PM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (Ben @ Mar 4 2010, 12:37 PM) *

Funnily enough the Bingo staff from up the road do pop in for last orders usually

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben
post Mar 4 2010, 01:05 PM
Post #5

Supporter

Member No.: 76

QUOTE (The Beautiful Game @ Mar 4 2010, 12:57 PM) *

Funnily enough the Bingo staff from up the road do pop in for last orders usually

Ahh well that it then, must be bad if it has anything to do with Bingo!! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Want to reminisce? Check out my youtube channel which has lots of clips of CCFC, including many of the great Harry McNally.

CCFC Old Clips

+Quote Post
Greeny
post Mar 4 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

I'm more interested in the pearl clad widows - quite fancy being a toy boy.

+Quote Post
ulster blue boy
post Mar 4 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #7

The North Terrace Posties are legends.
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Greeny @ Mar 4 2010, 02:07 PM) *

Jesus,they must be old.

--------------------
IT ALL STARTED AT THE BRANDYWELL,THANKS GRANDAD.

ONCE A RANGER,ALWAYS A RANGER.(ROYAL IRISH THAT IS).
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CFU.

26/02/2010. NEED I SAY ANYMORE. I WILL. 10/03/2010. R.I.P. CCFC.

6TH MAY 2010,THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN.

EVO-STICK NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010-2011

EVO-STICK PREMIER CHAMPIONS 2011-2012

BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012-2013

+Quote Post
SteveM
post Mar 4 2010, 02:53 PM
Post #8

Squad player

Member No.: 1331

This seems like a good opportunity to say that the Chester Exiles darts team are currently enjoying our best season in a long time. We are currently top of our league and in good form, both at the bar and on the oche.

You can follow our results here:

http://www.chester-city.co.uk/exiles_darts.asp

If the next Leighton Rees is living in or around London, we would definitely like to hear from you. We welcome all new players, spectators, mysterious investors from the Merseyside area, Danish internet takeovers etc. etc.

+Quote Post
eric
post Mar 4 2010, 03:04 PM
Post #9

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 747

Pearl and necklace springs to mind..........

This post has been edited by eric: Mar 4 2010, 03:06 PM

--------------------
Ask me why and I'll spit in your eye.......

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Mar 4 2010, 03:44 PM
Post #10

Sept 7 1968 a Great day for Football
Group Icon

Member No.: 777

Luckily for you lot I've decided I cant be a****d attending this tournament. Otherwise Colin "The Power" ( Taylor nicked that off me ) Potts would slaughter the opposition

--------------------

Legend - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gannon

Sir Danny Bergara 1943 - 2007 R.I.P.

+Quote Post
Greeny
post Mar 4 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #11

Reserve skipper

Disappointing Potts. I was going to rig the draw so you and Cooky could square off. He'd have sent you back to Stockport with your tail between your legs.

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Mar 4 2010, 04:33 PM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4436

Think I'll be having a bit of this. I am useless at darts, but I'll give it a shot, it's a great sport.

--------------------
The first casualty of war is the truth.

+Quote Post
Dragonslayer
post Mar 4 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #13

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 4203

QUOTE (Greeny @ Mar 4 2010, 04:06 PM) *
Disappointing Potts. I was going to rig the draw so you and Cooky could square off. He'd have sent you back to Stockport with your tail between your legs.

Great stuff mate! I'll be there, but only to observe, before I get my big heavy darts (with Darrow flights) from the 1950's to take the winner on, at a later date, in an exhibition match (£25 entry for spectators to see me play). I only ever needed one dart ( the other two were usually in the tyre). Others said that I was unorthodox, and that I used to put my opponents off.
I could play better after the amber nectar though. guiness.gif guiness.gif

+Quote Post
ulster blue boy
post Mar 4 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #14

The North Terrace Posties are legends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Deva Chanter @ Mar 4 2010, 04:33 PM) *
Think I'll be having a bit of this. I am useless at darts, but I'll give it a shot, it's a great sport.

Me too.My plan is to get knocked out in the first round and prop the bar up for the rest of the evening.

--------------------
IT ALL STARTED AT THE BRANDYWELL,THANKS GRANDAD.

ONCE A RANGER,ALWAYS A RANGER.(ROYAL IRISH THAT IS).
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CFU.

26/02/2010. NEED I SAY ANYMORE. I WILL. 10/03/2010. R.I.P. CCFC.

6TH MAY 2010,THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN.

EVO-STICK NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010-2011

EVO-STICK PREMIER CHAMPIONS 2011-2012

BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012-2013

+Quote Post
blue army boy
post Mar 4 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #15

1st team regular

Member No.: 2109

what time will it start? Shame it's that date as riley's will be holding it's first open that day too. And what's the format?

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Mar 4 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #16

Chester legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 701

Could be interested in this.

+Quote Post
Ean
post Mar 4 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #17

chester football club supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 2289

citysign.GIF
oh greeny

you were doing so well then you mention bingo again!!!! laugh.gif

--------------------
I'M A FOOL

WHY DON'T YOU BECOME ONE TOO

bugler for the masses
west stand
golf pro to the stars
well nwas anyway

+Quote Post
The Beautiful Ga...
post Mar 4 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #18

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (blue army boy @ Mar 4 2010, 05:48 PM) *
what time will it start? Shame it's that date as riley's will be holding it's first open that day too. And what's the format?

This will be bigger than Riley's mate, BTIDL standard players participating in this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stan Gandy
post Mar 5 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #19

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 218

Expect a concerted challenge from the Exiles - curently top of the League (League Division Three Association of Provincial Football Supporters In London Darts League). Especially if the '3 musketeers of Steves' Mansley, Catterall and Musson can be coaxed onto the ochie! I know one of them might be getting married on that day, but what better venue for a reception!

--------------------
'Professional football is all about pain' - H.McNally RIP (Stan Gandy is David Evans)

+Quote Post
Greeny
post Mar 5 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

Probably 8.00 PM. I think our target audience is very different to Riley's, this is a social event, a chance for CFU members to have a beer and a chat. I'm sure competition will be fierce but anybody taking themselves to seriously is likely to incurr a ribbing from CFU's answer to Les Dawson NWAS.

Format TBC. 32 places, tenner a head, raising funds for CFU, lots of prizes, good beer and some scran. Let's play DARTS!

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Mar 5 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #21

Chester legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 701

QUOTE (Greeny @ Mar 5 2010, 01:04 PM) *

Probably 8.00 PM. I think our target audience is very different to Riley's, this is a social event, a chance for CFU members to have a beer and a chat. I'm sure competition will be fierce but anybody taking themselves to seriously is likely to incurr a ribbing from CFU's answer to Les Dawson NWAS.

Format TBC. 32 places, tenner a head, raising funds for CFU, lots of prizes, good beer and some scran. Let's play DARTS!

At a tenner ahead i will be taking it seriously, very seriously biggrin.gif

Bring it on.

+Quote Post
SteveM
post Mar 5 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #22

Squad player

QUOTE (Stan Gandy @ Mar 5 2010, 12:55 PM) *
Expect a concerted challenge from the Exiles - curently top of the League (League Division Three Association of Provincial Football Supporters In London Darts League). Especially if the '3 musketeers of Steves' Mansley, Catterall and Musson can be coaxed onto the ochie! I know one of them might be getting married on that day, but what better venue for a reception!

There isn't any 'might' about it David - unless you know something I don't!

+Quote Post
Andy L
post Mar 5 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #23

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 60

Any chance of adjusting the board above the fireplace? Renound around the darts leagues for being low smile.gif

--------------------
"For myself, I am an optimist — it does not seem to be much use being anything else" Winston Churchill

+Quote Post
McSeal
post Mar 5 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #24

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (SteveM @ Mar 5 2010, 01:09 PM) *

It's a woman's perrogative to change her mind Steve....

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SteveM
post Mar 5 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #25

Squad player

QUOTE (McSeal @ Mar 5 2010, 01:53 PM) *
QUOTE (SteveM @ Mar 5 2010, 01:09 PM) *

It's a woman's perrogative to change her mind Steve....

biggrin.gif

Put me down as a maybe for the darts, then!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2021 - 11:44 AM