Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tom Shaw ?!, What does he actually do....
DCBlue
post Dec 28 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #1

Debut

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 11672

Does anyone else notice what Tom Shaw actually does in a game ?

Pulling out of tackles is pathetic, literally brings nothing to the game...

Absolute shambles of a footballer...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mused
post Dec 28 2015, 06:27 PM
Post #2

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

I try to edge away from personal insults but this chap is stealing a living. Brings nothing. Does nothing. And gives the impression he couldn't give a toss about the shirt he is wearing.

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
GazCCFC
post Dec 28 2015, 06:28 PM
Post #3

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 733

QUOTE (DCBlue @ Dec 28 2015, 05:32 PM) *
Does anyone else notice what Tom Shaw actually does in a game ?

Pulling out of tackles is pathetic, literally brings nothing to the game...

Absolute shambles of a footballer...

Jogs around pretending to put a foot in on occasion. Always out of position. Rarely touches the ball as the game passes him by. An embarrassment - in the same league as Chappell for me.

+Quote Post
1 Paul Carden
post Dec 28 2015, 06:53 PM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1481

If Burr's looking for another centre midfielder to perform the Tom Shaw anti-press then I'll be willing to be thrust into the limelight. I look forward to the 12 pints and assortment of curry that Mr Shaw has for his prematch meal.

We're desperate for a central midfielder to play with George. Sam Hughes would do. I'm bored of Rooney too. Slows everything down to a standstill and then delivers pretty average stuff. Slow, one footed and not enough quality. If he went in January along with Worsnop, Sharps, Hobson, Shaw and Chapell then we could build. I'd get George Thomson and Kane back into the fold too.

--------------------
City Fans United

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Dec 28 2015, 07:01 PM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (1 Paul Carden @ Dec 28 2015, 06:53 PM) *
If Burr's looking for another centre midfielder to perform the Tom Shaw anti-press then I'll be willing to be thrust into the limelight. I look forward to the 12 pints and assortment of curry that Mr Shaw has for his prematch meal.

We're desperate for a central midfielder to play with George. Sam Hughes would do. I'm bored of Rooney too. Slows everything down to a standstill and then delivers pretty average stuff. Slow, one footed and not enough quality. If he went in January along with Worsnop, Sharps, Hobson, Shaw and Chapell then we could build. I'd get George Thomson and Kane back into the fold too.

Can't see a lot wrong with that ^^^^^^ summary.

+Quote Post
Jimmy Cooper
post Dec 28 2015, 08:13 PM
Post #6

Squad player

Member No.: 5306

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Dec 28 2015, 07:01 PM) *

Sums up my feelings as well.

+Quote Post
stadium way
post Dec 28 2015, 08:30 PM
Post #7

Youth team

Member No.: 12280

Sam hughes should walk into this team, sadly he won't.

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Dec 28 2015, 08:35 PM
Post #8

3 in a row

Member No.: 133

Strolling Shaw is a shocking player. I just hope he can be moved on in Jan. once him and Rooney were in centre midfield the game was lost. Another terrible decision from the best manager in Conference. Why doesn't Burr try his mate Hobson in centre midfield?. He's tried the donkey up front and on the wing to no avail.

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
K klass
post Dec 28 2015, 08:39 PM
Post #9

1st team regular

Member No.: 5449

Spot on!

+Quote Post
steveo1
post Dec 28 2015, 09:01 PM
Post #10

1st team captain

Member No.: 217

Brings nothing.

Lazy, bottles tackles, only missed one game all season, started the rest.

One of the managers favourites.

--------------------
Deva Chat F.C

World Cup Doubles Champion - 28/7/05

'A member of the DCFC Prankster Organisation'

+Quote Post
Deva Blue
post Dec 28 2015, 09:02 PM
Post #11

Squad player

Member No.: 11858

QUOTE (K klass @ Dec 28 2015, 08:39 PM) *

Spot on!

I fully agree. Shaw offers nothing. Can't believed he wasn't subbed yet Lloyd was..

Surely Thomson is better than Shaw, and Richards better than Chapell..

--------------------
Heard about the bad times, witnessed the good ones.

+Quote Post
steveo1
post Dec 28 2015, 09:09 PM
Post #12

1st team captain

QUOTE (Deva Blue @ Dec 28 2015, 09:02 PM) *
QUOTE (K klass @ Dec 28 2015, 08:39 PM) *

Spot on!

I fully agree. Shaw offers nothing. Can't believed he wasn't subbed yet Lloyd was..

Surely Thomson is better than Shaw, and Richards better than Chapell..

Surely burr has issues with Thomson and Richards. Are you telling me they are not as good as Hobson,Shaw and Chappel?

Richards has done a lot better this year and Thomson is doing very well at FC, so good they want him another month, how about we get him back? Not like he will want to.

--------------------
Deva Chat F.C

+Quote Post
njd1959
post Dec 28 2015, 09:16 PM
Post #13

1st team regular

Member No.: 11812

QUOTE (steveo1 @ Dec 28 2015, 09:01 PM) *
Brings nothing.

Endemic throughout football and at every club past and present. Every team has players fans cannot see what they bring to the party and that will never change.

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Dec 28 2015, 09:24 PM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

QUOTE (njd1959 @ Dec 28 2015, 09:16 PM) *
Brings nothing.

Endemic throughout football and at every club past and present. Every team has players fans cannot see what they bring to the party and that will never change.

No,it wont change . But at the end of the day its what WE think that ultimately counts as we pay his wages and we will still be here after he is long gone.

+Quote Post
Juan King
post Dec 28 2015, 10:16 PM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1240

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Dec 28 2015, 09:24 PM) *
QUOTE (njd1959 @ Dec 28 2015, 09:16 PM) *
Brings nothing.

No,it wont change . But at the end of the day its what WE think that ultimately counts as we pay his wages and we will still be here after he is long gone.

Can see your point, but it's what the manager thinks that ultimately counts, as he picks the team each week and
No matter how much we moan we can't choose who plays, or who stays at the club and picks up a wage

This post has been edited by Juan King: Dec 28 2015, 10:28 PM

--------------------
If you see a bloke opening a Car door for a woman,
It's either a new car or a new woman.

+Quote Post
woolston blue
post Dec 28 2015, 11:14 PM
Post #16

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5676

I agree with what has been said about Shaw but why do we keep scapegoating individual players? The manager and all but a very few players are just not good enough. I'd keep the 3 H's, Hunt, Henneghan and Hannah, sadly Henneghan and Hannah will be picked off in the January window. It's a shambles. Shaw isn't good enough, neither are the rest.

+Quote Post
Buckley Blue
post Dec 28 2015, 11:25 PM
Post #17

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7121

I'd love to know who's looking at Henneghan, he's good in the air but his distribution is garbage, all he does is hoof it upfield

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 28 2015, 11:49 PM
Post #18

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

I'd also like to see Sam Hughes recalled and given a chance in the team.

As for the January window, I think we'll do well to hang on to our two best players, there's bound to be interest in both, especially as we're not going to go up or down this season. A move for either / both would probably do them a lot of good and, realistically, we can't hold them back.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Dec 29 2015, 12:43 AM
Post #19

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

QUOTE (3mm @ Dec 28 2015, 11:49 PM) *
I'd also like to see Sam Hughes recalled and given a chance in the team.

As for the January window, I think we'll do well to hang on to our two best players, there's bound to be interest in both, especially as we're not going to go up or down this season. A move for either / both would probably do them a lot of good and, realistically, we can't hold them back.

If we lose Henneghan and Hannah we WILL be in trouble

+Quote Post
Yossergolf
post Dec 29 2015, 02:39 PM
Post #20

Youth team

Member No.: 9071

It was reported a couple of weeks ago that the next conference player to go from conference football to premier league would be Ben Hennegan. Swansea were the premier league club mentioned but have since sacked their manager. I posted last season that his distribution was below conference standard and was slatted. In the air he is good but that is all.

+Quote Post
mused
post Dec 29 2015, 07:12 PM
Post #21

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

Brings nothing.

Highly unlikely to get injured or suspended. The only time I saw him tackle was when young Hughes shamed him in to it at tranmere.
Lack of ability is defendable, lack of heart and effort is not.

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Dec 30 2015, 01:26 PM
Post #22

A balanced view.
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1562

i think some have been too quick to criticise him previously but in a midfield 3 he just goes missing. Positionally he is exceptionally poor, often far too high up the field and vs Macc ran into lloyd TWICE leaving our Saviour on his own in midfield.

blaming the players however is not the root cause, how can you point to player inconsistency in a formation that changes all the time?

im not concerned about losing hannah to another club, he's (and we've) been very lucky he's not been injured this season.

--------------------
Defender of the people...

+Quote Post
njd1959
post Dec 30 2015, 01:44 PM
Post #23

1st team regular

Member No.: 11812

QUOTE (iandyChesterCity @ Dec 30 2015, 01:26 PM) *
i think some have been too quick to criticise him previously but in a midfield 3 he just goes missing. Positionally he is exceptionally poor, often far too high up the field and vs Macc ran into lloyd TWICE leaving our Saviour on his own in midfield.

blaming the players however is not the root cause, how can you point to player inconsistency in a formation that changes all the time?

im not concerned about losing hannah to another club, he's (and we've) been very lucky he's not been injured this season.

He missed some games early in the season.

+Quote Post
Rob
post Dec 30 2015, 02:32 PM
Post #24

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2063

Not sure him and Rooney together in the centre are a good mix, we really miss George when not there.

+Quote Post
steveo1
post Dec 30 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #25

1st team captain

QUOTE (iandyChesterCity @ Dec 30 2015, 01:26 PM) *

It doesn't matter who he plays with or in what formation the guy doesn't cut it, constantly bottling tackles, positional as you said shocking and strolls around with little urgency.

As for Hannah, we would be stuffed without him.

--------------------
Deva Chat F.C

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 06:04 PM