Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your man at The Goatcoarse, Wrecsam v Oxford Utd
Goats 'n Roses
post Aug 22 2008, 02:20 PM
Post #1

I say!

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2112

Arrived at this Thursday night televised fixture expecting a slightly lesser crowd of 5000 we saw for the opener against Stevenage....and how right I was? 3500 hardy fans and what looked axactly the same ammount of away support Stevenage brought (198). Oxford in fact brought 2 less for thelong trip and made up 196 of the crowd. To their credit the Oxford fans were quite vociferous and chanted "Setanta s**t s**t s**t" an "There's only one SKY Sports" at half time.
We played some cracking football in a game which did the BSQP proud. Oxford had a man sent off and up jefferson Louis grabbed the abll to take the penalty.
"Take it off him" cried the fans. "Don't let HIM take it" etc and up stepped Jefferson to take the spot kick. It was a crap penalty and easy for the Oxford goalkeeper. A lot of fans around me couldn't believe Louis had taken the penalty.
To his credit Louis played the best football we have seen off him since his arrival at The Goatcoarse, actually winning balls in the air and making passing connections to other players...
One felt that if Wr**h*m had extended their lead early on then Oxford would've crumbled to a defeat Stevenage experienced on the opening day of the campaign.
Both goalkeepers made good saves in front of the TV cameras. And they also mad e ameal out of a few easy saves too. Rolling about and acrobatically tipping away shots they would've caught with one hand on any other day...
I counted 7 Setanta cameras inside the ground. 2 pitchside, 3 in the Pryce Judas Stand, one on The Kop and one in the Yale Stand.
Mickey T came onto the pitch after having a pint of guinness in the European Lounge wearing a suit and white trainers. He had to try and chip football's into an open BSQP carboard box.
Second half Wr**h*m held on at times before the big donkey, Jefferson Louis, slotted home a great goal!
Next stop Altrincham.

--------------------
Sabbatical my @rse!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
john butler
post Aug 22 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #2

1st team regular

Member No.: 543

W.G.A.F

--------------------
Che Hawarden boy look behind you

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Aug 22 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #3

Chester legend
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 701

Do your jobs please mods and delete this crap.

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Aug 22 2008, 02:43 PM
Post #4

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

F**K me, talk about a one-sided report. Played some cracking football? Oxford would have crumbled to a defeat Stevenage experienced? They absolutely battered you 2nd half and you were VERY lucky to get away with it. Don't rely on the refs doing you a favour every week and making the opposition play with fewer men.

Crap side in an average league. You won't go up.

+Quote Post
AndyHa
post Aug 22 2008, 03:08 PM
Post #5

The Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 79

QUOTE (Ron Seal @ Aug 22 2008, 03:43 PM) *
F**K me, talk about a one-sided report. Played some cracking football? Oxford would have crumbled to a defeat Stevenage experienced? They absolutely battered you 2nd half and you were VERY lucky to get away with it. Don't rely on the refs doing you a favour every week and making the opposition play with fewer men.

Thank goodness for you Ron giving us a truer picture of the game laugh.gif

--------------------
"Entertainments may be taxed; public houses may be taxed… and the yield devoted to the general revenue. But motorists are to be privileged for all time to have the tax on motors devoted to roads? This is an outrage upon… common sense." Winston Churchill

+Quote Post
casualobserver
post Aug 22 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #6

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 598

QUOTE (Goats 'n Roses @ Aug 22 2008, 03:20 PM) *
Arrived at this Thursday night televised fixture expecting a slightly lesser crowd of 5000 we saw for the opener against Stevenage....and how right I was? 3500 hardy fans and what looked axactly the same ammount of away support Stevenage brought (198). Oxford in fact brought 2 less for thelong trip and made up 196 of the crowd. To their credit the Oxford fans were quite vociferous and chanted "Setanta s**t s**t s**t" an "There's only one SKY Sports" at half time.
We played some cracking football in a game which did the BSQP proud. Oxford had a man sent off and up jefferson Louis grabbed the abll to take the penalty.
"Take it off him" cried the fans. "Don't let HIM take it" etc and up stepped Jefferson to take the spot kick. It was a crap penalty and easy for the Oxford goalkeeper. A lot of fans around me couldn't believe Louis had taken the penalty.
To his credit Louis played the best football we have seen off him since his arrival at The Goatcoarse, actually winning balls in the air and making passing connections to other players...
One felt that if Wr**h*m had extended their lead early on then Oxford would've crumbled to a defeat Stevenage experienced on the opening day of the campaign.
Both goalkeepers made good saves in front of the TV cameras. And they also mad e ameal out of a few easy saves too. Rolling about and acrobatically tipping away shots they would've caught with one hand on any other day...
I counted 7 Setanta cameras inside the ground. 2 pitchside, 3 in the Pryce Judas Stand, one on The Kop and one in the Yale Stand.
Mickey T came onto the pitch after having a pint of guinness in the European Lounge wearing a suit and white trainers. He had to try and chip football's into an open BSQP carboard box.
Second half Wr**h*m held on at times before the big donkey, Jefferson Louis, slotted home a great goal!
Next stop Altrincham.

good to see you've seen sense and not deserted the team you've followed for so long just because they are in a s**t non league, with s**t opposition, with s**t away followings and most of all, you can still find it in your heart to pay your hard earned cash to watch your s**t standard of football....well done fella.

Mods, please delete this thread and ban this prick from devachat as we would be banned from dull passion for posting such drivel. the lad really does need help for delusion and i for one don't think you are doing him any favours (mentally) by giving him a platform to spout his crap from. He's like a weakened down version of the hooked preacher, spouting his bile to anyone that he can capture as an audience and that he has on here, because i for one come on to read about Chester city's continuing soap opera and LEAGUE football matters, not this fools crap...

thank you

--------------------
CHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB - RIP MY DEAR FRIEND, GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

The new H-Block (Cheshires No. 1)

English Rose

+Quote Post
Alberta Blue
post Aug 22 2008, 03:30 PM
Post #7

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1819

Come on MOD's do your job and delete this!!!

--------------------
A BRAVE NEW DAWN.

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Aug 22 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #8

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

Strange one that. Just had a conversation with a good friend of mine, an ardents Goats fan unfortunately, and he said you were both crap.

Each of us has different views on a game, I suppose. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Corner Flag
post Aug 22 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #9

1st team regular

Member No.: 1732

No doubt your mods will delete the thread as soon as I start telling you lot some home truths ?

One sided report ? I dont think so and any one who watched the game will tell you that we did play some cracking football against a good side and yes there were chances for Oxford to snatch a goal back but luck was on our side for a change .
Relying on refs to send oposition players off !!! dont be so deluded my friend that was probably the best and fairest ref I have seen for a while !

"Crap side average league " ?

I tell you some thing you would struggle at this level with your present team and stop all this "we are a Div 2 side you are not " you are utter crap and you know it you are going no where except down at the end of the season with any luck with crap crowds and crap management .

Yes it must still gall you all that even in a lower league we are still a much better supported team with excellent facilities and at long last a good squad of players .

Will we get promoted this season ? time will tell but they way things are looking we should do but its early days .

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Aug 22 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #10

Sept 7 1968 a Great day for Football
Group Icon

Member No.: 777

I didnt see the game but I agree with all that CF and GnR say as they are in my humble opinion 2 of the most articulate and intelligent posters on Devachat

Wrecsam look to be cruising to the BSP title. The league could actually be over by mid November the way the mighty Reds are going.

--------------------

Legend - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gannon

Sir Danny Bergara 1943 - 2007 R.I.P.

+Quote Post
1 Jimmy Haarhoff...
post Aug 22 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #11

1st Team Journeyman

Member No.: 3586

Corner Flag,

THE authority on talking bullsh*t!!

This post has been edited by 1 Jimmy Haarhoff!!: Aug 22 2008, 04:08 PM

--------------------

NEW YORK JETS

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Aug 22 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #12

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

QUOTE (Corner Flag @ Aug 22 2008, 04:50 PM) *

No doubt your mods will delete the thread as soon as I start telling you lot some home truths ?

One sided report ? I dont think so and any one who watched the game will tell you that we did play some cracking football against a good side and yes there were chances for Oxford to snatch a goal back but luck was on our side for a change .
Relying on refs to send oposition players off !!! dont be so deluded my friend that was probably the best and fairest ref I have seen for a while !

"Crap side average league " ?

I tell you some thing you would struggle at this level with your present team and stop all this "we are a Div 2 side you are not " you are utter crap and you know it you are going no where except down at the end of the season with any luck with crap crowds and crap management .

Yes it must still gall you all that even in a lower league we are still a much better supported team with excellent facilities and at long last a good squad of players .

Will we get promoted this season ? time will tell but they way things are looking we should do but its early days .

2 home games, how many sendings off? Are you too thick to understand my point? Ok i will spell it out. You won't be lucky enough to see the opposition have a men sent off every week.

Now go away, you're tedious.

+Quote Post
Cmon the Town!!
post Aug 22 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #13

1st team sub

Member No.: 3018

QUOTE (Cooky @ Aug 22 2008, 03:35 PM) *

You might not like it but this part of the forum is entitled "Blues and all other football chat" and GnR has posted it in the correct section, hasn't he?

Of course, having spent my hard earned to see you lot at D n R as I was down in London, I agree that the forum title should be renamed.

How about "The Blues plus football chat" as being a more accurate description?

--------------------
-25 points? Have you thought of asking that cleaning company to wipe those off as well?

+Quote Post
KarlConnolly
post Aug 22 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #14

Cpd Wrecsam

Member No.: 3853

QUOTE (Cmon the Town!! @ Aug 22 2008, 06:01 PM) *

You might not like it but this part of the forum is entitled "Blues and all other football chat" and GnR has posted it in the correct section, hasn't he?

Of course, having spent my hard earned to see you lot at D n R as I was down in London, I agree that the forum title should be renamed.

Exactly!

For anyone who wants to see the classic Jeff Louis interview - her it is!!! Enjoy laugh.gif

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ByaYqA3aDbA

--------------------

Cpd Wrecsam

+Quote Post
WAZ THE BLUE
post Aug 22 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #15

August is the start of another rollercoaster season

Member No.: 1388

To be honest , Goats .........Do we give a Fcuk ?

--------------------
BRITISH BY BIRTH, ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

OH , WHEN THE RED ,RED ,ROBIN GOES BOB , BOB, BOBBING ALONG..............

SHOOT THE BAST*RD, SHOOT THE BAST*RD, SHOOT THE BAST*RD !

MASSIVE CLUB MY @RSE !

'THE DAY CHESTER WENT OUT OF THE LEAGUE , I SPENT THE DAY LAUGHING' - BRYN LAW MAY 2000.............. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW ?
ONE WORD ...........KARMA

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Aug 22 2008, 06:20 PM
Post #16

Chester legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 701

QUOTE (Cmon the Town!! @ Aug 22 2008, 06:01 PM) *

GnR has only posted it as a wind up not because he thought Chester fans would be interested.

+Quote Post
Goats 'n Roses
post Aug 22 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #17

I say!

Member No.: 2112

Right, I am only giving my view on non-league football from a Wrecsam perspective. Our first (and hopefully only) season out of the Football League.
Hopefully a truthful perception of how we played, the visiting support, etc etc

CasualObserver. If you use language like you do on the Net then it should be YOU that is banned. I can assure you that you wouldn't use it in the street, a bar, nowhere if you came face-to-face with me in real life cyber boy. rolleyes.gif Are you telling me than no rival football supporter is not interested in how their nearest and dearest are playing and their fans' views?

--------------------
Sabbatical my @rse!

+Quote Post
Banksy
post Aug 22 2008, 06:50 PM
Post #18

Banksy's Profile

Member No.: 1169

QUOTE (Goats 'n Roses @ Aug 22 2008, 07:39 PM) *
Right, I am only giving my view on non-league football from a Wrecsam perspective. Our first (and hopefully only) season out of the Football League.

CasualObserver. If you use language like you do on the Net then it should be YOU that is banned. I can assure you that you wouldn't use it in the street, a bar, nowhere if you came face-to-face with me in real life cyber boy. rolleyes.gif Are you telling me than no rival football supporter is not interested in how their nearest and dearest are playing and their fans' views?

GNR I think you really should have added the glaring chances that Oxford missed too!

Better strikers and you would have been about 4-1 down in the 2nd half.

It's all going to plan for you right now, and you should pick up 6 points from your next 2 games, but we live in hope that you won't! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Follow my Twitter @Banks247 / Facebook JB

One Voice, One Passion

I am a Chester fan...I am a Cestrian

CHESTER FC - EVO-STIK FIRST DIVISION NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010/11, EVO-STIK PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2011/12, BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012/13

Our Community, Our City, Our Club.

Jeff Banks - Media Volunteer

+Quote Post
Devastatin' Dave
post Aug 22 2008, 07:12 PM
Post #19

ZIP! ZAP!

Member No.: 3525

For some reason I enjoy these "Your Man At The Goatcoarse" topics. Keep it up GnR!

--------------------
The preceding announcement has been paid for by Devastatin' Dave.

+Quote Post
Big Club Syndrom...
post Aug 22 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #20

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3776

QUOTE (Banksy @ Aug 22 2008, 07:50 PM) *

GNR I think you really should have added the glaring chances that Oxford missed too!

Better strikers and you would have been about 4-1 down in the 2nd half.

It's all going to plan for you right now, and you should pick up 6 points from your next 2 games, but we live in hope that you won't! biggrin.gif

From where i was sitting if both sides had taken their chances in front of goal then it would have been 17-4 in the first half to us, if the lad had not been sent off then who know's. I could'nt see from where i was sitting if it was a penalty or not, and in the second half Oxford did come at us and we certainly rode our luck at times that's for sure, they were one man short and a goal down so they had to.
Was it a fair result? I think so.....................no bias of course biggrin.gif I think we might do alright in this league to be honest, but there is a long long way to go yet.

--------------------
The Racecourse Ground, The Oldest International Stadium in the World

+Quote Post
Cmon the Town!!
post Aug 22 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #21

1st team sub

QUOTE (WAZ THE BLUE @ Aug 22 2008, 06:57 PM) *

Umm...enough to open the thread, read it and then post a reply...so yes.

CTT!!

--------------------
-25 points? Have you thought of asking that cleaning company to wipe those off as well?

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 22 2008, 10:32 PM
Post #22

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (Cmon the Town!! @ Aug 22 2008, 11:20 PM) *

CTT!!

MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD,THIS IS A CHESTER CITY FOOTBALL FORUM,I DON'T,AND I'M SURE MOST DEVA CHATTERS DON'T WANT, A BLOODY MATCH REPORT EVERY TIME WRECTUM PLAY! I'M SURE HE WOULDN'T BE SO COCKY IF THEY HAD HAD THREE STRAIGHT DEFEATS! EITHER WAY,DO YOUR JOB,AND GET IT OFF!

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Bluesontop
post Aug 22 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #23

H Block..................
Group Icon

Member No.: 1942

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 22 2008, 11:32 PM) *

CTT!!

MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD,THIS IS A CHESTER CITY FOOTBALL FORUM,I DON'T,AND I'M SURE MOST DEVA CHATTERS DON'T WANT, A BLOODY MATCH REPORT EVERY TIME WRECTUM PLAY! I'M SURE HE WOULDN'T BE SO COCKY IF THEY HAD HAD THREE STRAIGHT DEFEATS! EITHER WAY,DO YOUR JOB,AND GET IT OFF!

Calm down NFBF, you'll do yourself an injury. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chester City FC The pride of the North West

Colin Potts is a tramp.

+Quote Post
Cmon the Town!!
post Aug 22 2008, 10:57 PM
Post #24

1st team sub

CTT!!

The Blues and all other football chat

Its not that hard to understand; only two of the words have more than one syllable.

CTT!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 22 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #25

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (Cmon the Town!! @ Aug 22 2008, 11:57 PM) *

CTT!!

The Blues and all other football chat

Its not that hard to understand; only two of the words have more than one syllable.

CTT!!

....and what does your "Dull Passion" say? The Reds and other bestial sports? Of course you won't go on your own bloody website because nobody bloody reads it apart from a goat,three sheep and a hen!

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 05:01 PM