EltonblueS
post Jun 19 2017, 06:03 AM
Post #51

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 18 2017, 06:52 PM) *
Shunter, given the players we've signed so far, are you feeling more positive about the forthcoming season, or might Jon McCarthy be mentioning you on local radio again? wink.gif

I'm a big fan of John McCarthy, I think he's a smart guy who gets the fan ownership thing , especially given his previous roles at the club, but I have to say that rant about Shunter
was a bit foolish IMO. When a team isn't playing well, individuals are going to get stick especially on a fans forum, Sack the manager, sack the chairman, such & such isn't good enough,
its all going to be said and some of us may even go a bit ott at times especially on a Saturday night after a home loss and a few too many beers, That's a fans forum for ye take it or leave it
but if I was manager I would be asking my players to leave it TBH
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Jun 19 2017, 09:37 AM
Post #52

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 18 2017, 06:52 PM) *
Shunter, given the players we've signed so far, are you feeling more positive about the forthcoming season, or might Jon McCarthy be mentioning you on local radio again? wink.gif

When I was told that Jon had mentioned me on local radio on 1st April I was at Plainmoor, but was so ecstatic that we'd stolen the points that I largely thought it was an April fool's situation. I don't know what he said, but my pal Bernard Conacannon texted me to say that he couldn't stop laughing. I speak to Jon quite regularly and I last spoke to him the morning that Kingsley was signed and he said expect a signing this afternoon. I though he was referring to Ryan Lloyd, but was wrong. It's difficult not to like Jon and I'm wishing him all the best. That's not to say that losing 8 consecutive home games wasn't dreadful. I'm only guessing why that happened, but believe that the cause has been dealt with. I can't wait for the season to start. I expect this team to be better than last and I'm happy that we have much better striking options. I've been on the Silkmen forum and their fans have said that the players we've taken from them are distinctly average, but they also think that they are a bigger club than us, which is clearly laughable. I'll wait and see, but I'm under no illusions that after Kingsley had been sent off at Southport at Christmas time he was poor from then on. Every season brings a fresh challenge and people tell me that I say every year 'that that's me finished', but I always renew my season ticket. Last year I complained on here that when I went for my season ticket on 7/7/16 we hadn't signed a single player and got dog's abuse from among others Ron Seal. I'm happy that we've done our business early. Bring it on.

This post has been edited by shunter blue: Jun 19 2017, 09:38 AM

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Jun 19 2017, 09:50 AM
Post #53

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

Hello...

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jun 19 2017, 09:58 AM
Post #54

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Jun 19 2017, 10:50 AM) *
Hello...

it worked then

+Quote Post
PeteyP
post Jun 20 2017, 06:39 PM
Post #55

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 8449

I was also banned off this forum for saying Hobson wasn't good enough. I was called a WUM and all sorts. I can't help but now think whoever it was who banned me felt a bit stupid in the end when it turned out I was right and Hobson was moved on.

--------------------
IF HE AINT MR RIGHT. TURN OFF YOUR LIGHT

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jul 13 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #56

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 16 2017, 02:16 PM) *
QUOTE (Finland Blue @ Jun 16 2017, 02:00 PM) *
Its not so much how much moderating is being done, rather who is doing it.

There have been some recent changes to both the admins and mods

ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
El presidente
post Jul 13 2017, 05:00 PM
Post #57

Youth team

Member No.: 12778

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jul 13 2017, 05:55 PM) *
QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 16 2017, 02:16 PM) *
QUOTE (Finland Blue @ Jun 16 2017, 02:00 PM) *
Its not so much how much moderating is being done, rather who is doing it.

There have been some recent changes to both the admins and mods

ph34r.gif

Good riddance Canadian exile!!

There is hope for this site afterall. Well done to whoever made this decision.

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Jul 15 2017, 07:04 AM
Post #58

Chester legend
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 701

My ban has also been lifted.
Good to see you got rid of them pair of clowns CE and DB, any chance you could ban them now?

+Quote Post
1967 blue
post Jul 15 2017, 07:33 AM
Post #59

Debut

Member No.: 12761

QUOTE (Cooky @ Jul 15 2017, 08:04 AM) *
My ban has also been lifted.
Good to see you got rid of them pair of clowns CE and DB, any chance you could ban them now?

R u referring to Devon Blue.
Oh I hope so.
He used to ban me on a regular basis .

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jul 15 2017, 01:34 PM
Post #60

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

no more banning on this site folks, the banning days are well and truly over, unless you really badly misbehave of course, having said that now that these mods have been retired its left no-one on the site to post, as they were the main regular posters

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Jul 15 2017, 03:27 PM
Post #61

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

have they left the site, or just their moderator roles ?

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Jul 15 2017, 03:28 PM

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jul 15 2017, 03:47 PM
Post #62

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Jul 15 2017, 04:27 PM) *
have they left the site, or just their moderator roles ?

they haven't been banned but I think they've taken the ump

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Jul 15 2017, 03:59 PM
Post #63

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

If Deva Chat and Krankie could have acted earlier it could have been very different. I think we should look to archive the site prior to its inevitable closure, in this forum we have a fans commentary during the clubs most turbulent times.

Are you planning on going over to DC2 Elton, I think you would be most welcome and id, personally, like to see you as one of the DC2 mods.

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Jul 15 2017, 03:59 PM

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jul 15 2017, 05:10 PM
Post #64

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Jul 15 2017, 04:59 PM) *
If Deva Chat and Krankie could have acted earlier it could have been very different. I think we should look to archive the site prior to its inevitable closure, in this forum we have a fans commentary during the clubs most turbulent times.

Are you planning on going over to DC2 Elton, I think you would be most welcome and id, personally, like to see you as one of the DC2 mods.

that is a very good question
I never planned to be admin on this site I just wanted to save the site for a number of reasons, which we will come to later , ironically it all started After getting banned for pointing people to the other site, after my ban I sent Pms to all the mods demanding an explanation .
When I found out why I was banned I was angered, I managed to get my ban lifted. I then put myself on a personal mission to save the site.
Finding krankie was easy, when the penny dropped who he was , I was a bit puzzled , Having been to many a meeting where he was a speaker , I was a bit baffled to his withdrawal but all was to be revealed.
Through a bit of research I managed to get Barry's (Devachat) email address, it was an old address soI just sent an email entitled saving deva chat. To my amazement after a couple of weeks he replied . He thanked me for getting in touch and made me admin to enable members to join again.
In becoming admin I needed krankies help to sort out some financial matters. He was so helpful and so thankful for my involvement, he explained that the constant arguments and bickering between himself and the mods ended with his dis -involvement.
After about two weeks of being admin I knew exactly what he meant and he'd done the job for ten years. Dealing with the mods behind the scenes has been at times quite exhausting, although you have to realise they have been a team for over a decade, and here's me the new kid on the block trying to push them around.
luckily Barry is back on the scene dealing with all the technical issues and offering many words of wisdom. To cut a long story short two of the three mods have kindly agreed to retire for the good of the forum. Leaving just 3 MM as a mod, unfortunately I don't think he's very happy about one of his mates being asked to retire, so he may resign as a mod, which will be a shame if he does.
So why save this site and why keep it going?
First of all this site has 14 years of history, something I personally use on a regular basis, some of this history was so important in the re-birth of our club and there's a certain part of our recent history that can never be forgotten, if we do start to forget, being fan owned will become a burden rather than a dream
2ndly and this is so important we own this site it's ours we own it outright people who have donated in the past have purchased this site for us to use, if you run a simple check as to who owns this site you will soon find it belongs to us, however should you do the same on the new site you will find its owned by a big corporation who rely on sponsors to keep it going.
Ther are other sites which are linked into this such as the Cfu site etc all bought and paid for by donates to this site.
There is no competition here, this site and the new site are exactly the same, we are all Chester fans who want the same thing, most who post on the new site used to post on the old site, so when some arshole joins the new site calling this site divy chat his name calling reflects both sites and should be treated that way .
So with respect to your invatation I would say this, it would be crazy to close a site we owned to replace it with a site that will never be ours so I will invite big Si to replace me as admin on this site and bring the mods over too, that to me would be the most sensible option

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jul 15 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #65

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Moderators
Member No.: 91

5 of the 6 mods have now gone, and I think I'm going to get the chop too, to completely wipe the slate clean. Then, presumably, new moderators will be selected.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jul 15 2017, 09:12 PM
Post #66

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Jul 15 2017, 10:04 PM) *
5 of the 6 mods have now gone, and I think I'm going to get the chop too, to completely wipe the slate clean. Then, presumably, new moderators will be selected.

I hope you stay if that counts for anything

+Quote Post
mole
post Jul 15 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #67

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1950

Ahhhhh good to be back, nice to see those cretins have been stripped of their modding rights.

--------------------
Welcome to the Deva Stadium, home of Chester City. I have been asked to draw your attention to the emergency evacuation procedures. Should evacuation be neccessary, please leave by the nearest exit, blah blah blah you know the restt

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jul 16 2017, 04:41 PM
Post #68

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Moderators
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jul 15 2017, 10:12 PM) *

Just going by the "behind the scene" comments in the mods forum where it's stated a complete clear out of the moderating team would be best to re-launch the site. And with 5 out of 6 gone, it's almost happened.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
El presidente
post Jul 16 2017, 05:13 PM
Post #69

Youth team

Member No.: 12778

QUOTE (3mm @ Jul 16 2017, 05:41 PM) *

Just going by the "behind the scene" comments in the mods forum where it's stated a complete clear out of the moderating team would be best to re-launch the site. And with 5 out of 6 gone, it's almost happened.

There is no point is having moderators full stop. With the very few posts this site gets each day it's a waste of time.

Deva chat "the voice of the city" has been ended by a couple of power mad imbeciles from Canada and Devon

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Jul 16 2017, 06:05 PM
Post #70

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

QUOTE (El presidente @ Jul 16 2017, 06:13 PM) *

There is no point is having moderators full stop. With the very few posts this site gets each day it's a waste of time.

Deva chat "the voice of the city" has been ended by a couple of power mad imbeciles from Canada and Devon

And presumably ,neither of them go to games

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Jul 16 2017, 06:12 PM
Post #71

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Jul 16 2017, 07:05 PM) *
QUOTE (El presidente @ Jul 16 2017, 06:13 PM) *

And presumably ,neither of them go to games

Why have people got to continue moaning? There are now two perfectly good, sensibly run forums. Take your pick and stop whinging!

+Quote Post
bluesince72
post Jul 16 2017, 07:36 PM
Post #72

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 7763

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jul 15 2017, 06:10 PM) *

I never planned to be admin on this site I just wanted to save the site for a number of reasons, which we will come to later , ironically it all started After getting banned for pointing people to the other site, after my ban I sent Pms to all the mods demanding an explanation .
When I found out why I was banned I was angered, I managed to get my ban lifted. I then put myself on a personal mission to save the site.
Finding krankie was easy, when the penny dropped who he was , I was a bit puzzled , Having been to many a meeting where he was a speaker , I was a bit baffled to his withdrawal but all was to be revealed.
Through a bit of research I managed to get Barry's (Devachat) email address, it was an old address soI just sent an email entitled saving deva chat. To my amazement after a couple of weeks he replied . He thanked me for getting in touch and made me admin to enable members to join again.
In becoming admin I needed krankies help to sort out some financial matters. He was so helpful and so thankful for my involvement, he explained that the constant arguments and bickering between himself and the mods ended with his dis -involvement.
After about two weeks of being admin I knew exactly what he meant and he'd done the job for ten years. Dealing with the mods behind the scenes has been at times quite exhausting, although you have to realise they have been a team for over a decade, and here's me the new kid on the block trying to push them around.
luckily Barry is back on the scene dealing with all the technical issues and offering many words of wisdom. To cut a long story short two of the three mods have kindly agreed to retire for the good of the forum. Leaving just 3 MM as a mod, unfortunately I don't think he's very happy about one of his mates being asked to retire, so he may resign as a mod, which will be a shame if he does.
First of all this site has 14 years of history, something I personally use on a regular basis, some of this history was so important in the re-birth of our club and there's a certain part of our recent history that can never be forgotten, if we do start to forget, being fan owned will become a burden rather than a dream
2ndly and this is so important we own this site it's ours we own it outright people who have donated in the past have purchased this site for us to use, if you run a simple check as to who owns this site you will soon find it belongs to us, however should you do the same on the new site you will find its owned by a big corporation who rely on sponsors to keep it going.
Ther are other sites which are linked into this such as the Cfu site etc all bought and paid for by donates to this site.
There is no competition here, this site and the new site are exactly the same, we are all Chester fans who want the same thing, most who post on the new site used to post on the old site, so when some arshole joins the new site calling this site divy chat his name calling reflects both sites and should be treated that way .
So with respect to your invatation I would say this, it would be crazy to close a site we owned to replace it with a site that will never be ours so I will invite big Si to replace me as admin on this site and bring the mods over too, that to me would be the most sensible option

Very good post, agree 100%.

The mod problem has been resolved, the one remaining mod, 3mm, is respected by all. There is no reason why we all cannot use both sites, as XWWB said, we now have 'two perfectly good, sensibly run forums.' The ownership issue is an important one, and should the two sites ever be re-united, the above suggestion makes perfect sense.

All that is needed is for DC members who hope for this sites revival to start a few topical threads on here on a regular basis, and give us something to read and respond to.

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Jul 16 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #73

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

Back in the land of the living (?) What have I missed?

This post has been edited by a view from outside: Jul 16 2017, 10:28 PM

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jul 17 2017, 06:14 AM
Post #74

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (bluesince72 @ Jul 16 2017, 08:36 PM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jul 15 2017, 06:10 PM) *

Very good post, agree 100%.

The mod problem has been resolved, the one remaining mod, 3mm, is respected by all. There is no reason why we all cannot use both sites, as XWWB said, we now have 'two perfectly good, sensibly run forums.' The ownership issue is an important one, and should the two sites ever be re-united, the above suggestion makes perfect sense.

All that is needed is for DC members who hope for this sites revival to start a few topical threads on here on a regular basis, and give us something to read and respond to.

I agree, the frustrating thing is whenever we post something on this forum its immediately posted on the other forum, it seems a lot of people watch this side but have no aptitude to participate

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Jul 17 2017, 09:58 AM
Post #75

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4436

I think I've only posted on here once since the new forum was set up. I still check in here every now and then but its largely a pointless task given the lack of activity.

Personally speaking, I can't forgive the absolute disregard the people running this site showed for its users (many of whom donated to aid its running) by allowing the site to rot in the way that they did for so long - I admire the efforts to save it but I imagine its a little late in the day.

--------------------
The first casualty of war is the truth.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 05:40 PM