Deva Chat - 17 years, 990000 posts. It's all right here!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who to vote for?
3mm
post Jun 9 2017, 09:10 AM
Post #26

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Moderators
Member No.: 91

Bruce Douglas @bruceecurb

I suspect running through a field of wheat is no longer top of Theresa May's list of worst things she's ever done.

biggrin.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
XWWB
post Jun 9 2017, 09:21 AM
Post #27

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jun 8 2017, 11:35 PM) *
QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 8 2017, 10:26 PM) *
Exit polls suggest Conservatives will be the biggest party, but will they hold an overall majority? They've been quite accurate in the past, watching with interest... wink.gif

You mention "interest' 3mm? If Corbyn does get in, either on his own, or with the Left leaning SNP, Plaid Cymru and Greens and others, then it will be "interest" that will be the word, God help all young people with mortgages, because,fact, they will go up, as will taxes, thats normal for Labour governments.
All Corbyns promises will have to be paid for, the deficit will rise, the economy will collapse. (Do you remember the note left by the last Labour government? " There's no money left") If they get into power, it will be a lot sooner than later before the money runs out!
Also, can somebody tell me why Labour MPs have not been featuring Corbyn in their election leaflets? Are they embarrassed by their possible next Labour Prime Minister?
I'm trying hard to listen to the Election results on the BBC radio, both with R5 and R4, they are almost ecstatic with glee at the thought of a possible Labour government, which is not surprising.
Long way to go yet, let's see what the morning brings, my forecast is, another Election on 18 months.

NFBF, you've often said on here that you would prefer the Tories to have a strong opposition and that the electorate will reject the left. Would you now accept that, although the Tories still won a majority, Corbyn and the Labour Party's performance represents a shift to the left in UK politics and suggests a party, and a sizeable disgruntled portion of the population, that should be listened to and taken seriously?

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jun 9 2017, 09:24 AM
Post #28

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 9 2017, 05:19 AM) *
QUOTE (Canadian Exile @ Jun 9 2017, 02:04 AM) *
You two need to get together for a drink!

After this election result, one of us will be saying "cheers" and the other will be drowning his sorrows.

How long can Theresa Mayhem survive now? Anything but strength and stability biggrin.gif

guiness.gif

Although 3mm and I are polls apart politically, thankfully we remain friends.
Labours hand has now been strengthened by a man, who the large amount of the PLP wanted out, including Chesters MP. and who didn't feature on many Labour Party leaflets, strangely.
The PM gambled and lost, so we now have a period destability, just when the country needed to be strong over Brexit and terrorism. As I forecast last night, there will be another Election sooner than later, without doubt Labour will be led by Corbyn and his neo-Communist manifesto, the Conservatives, I don't know.
I will say this though, if Corbyn were to get in next time, I genuinely would fear for the future of our country, that of course is my opinion, but I have lived through many Labour governments, and accepted the will of the people.
There is no doubt, the student vote has counted for Corbyn, they have of course, too young to lived under Labour rule.
If someone like Alan Johnson was Labour leader, I certainly would be more comfortable under a Labour government, but I'm afraid under Corbyn, all of us, and I mean, all of us, are off to Hell in a handcart.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
XWWB
post Jun 9 2017, 10:46 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jun 9 2017, 10:24 AM) *
There is no doubt, the student vote has counted for Corbyn, they have of course, too young to lived under Labour rule.

That's rather patronising. Young people are very clued up and socially aware these days. I could have a go at the elderly/baby boomers, saying they're too dopey and out-of-touch to know what they're voting for, have lived through a very comfortable period and are happy to vote selfishly and leave their kids to sort out the mess they've made, but that would be insulting.

What it shows, just like the Brexit and Trump votes did, is that a sizeable number of people are sick of the status quo and want major change. These people have to be listened to and taken seriously. With Labour surging and UKIP falling away, the majority of the electorate are now voting for a left-leaning party. If it were a binary choice like the other two votes were, in pretty sure Corbyn's Labour would get more votes than May's Conservatives.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jun 9 2017, 11:04 AM
Post #30

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

After this election result, one of us will be saying "cheers" and the other will be drowning his sorrows.

How long can Theresa Mayhem survive now? Anything but strength and stability biggrin.gif

guiness.gif

Labours hand has now been strengthened by a man, who the large amount of the PLP wanted out, including Chesters MP. and who didn't feature on many Labour Party leaflets, strangely.
The PM gambled and lost, so we now have a period destability, just when the country needed to be strong over Brexit and terrorism. As I forecast last night, there will be another Election sooner than later, without doubt Labour will be led by Corbyn and his neo-Communist manifesto, the Conservatives, I don't know.
I will say this though, if Corbyn were to get in next time, I genuinely would fear for the future of our country, that of course is my opinion, but I have lived through many Labour governments, and accepted the will of the people.
If someone like Alan Johnson was Labour leader, I certainly would be more comfortable under a Labour government, but I'm afraid under Corbyn, all of us, and I mean, all of us, are off to Hell in a handcart.

We're in a handcart to hell.

20,000 less police under Mayhem who accused the police of "crying wolf". Increased terrorism as a result as they pass through an undermanned and overwhelmed safety net. The NHS well underfunded by the tories, the unacceptable Naylor Report privatisation proposals, something which Labour should have highlighted more. An end to the triple lock on pensions while wanting further cuts to corporation tax for the well-to-do's of the business world, and the dementia tax.

The best Labour Manifesto for yonks against the worst Tory campaign I can ever remember, consisting of churning out "trust me, I'm strong and stable" God knows how many times.

The woman had a majority for another 3 years and was 20+ points ahead in the polls. She has scored a spectacular 'own goal', just like David Cameron. The right wing media which constantly suggests Corbyn is a bad leader should look at their favoured leaders instead. Strong and stable has become weak and wobbly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jun 9 2017, 02:28 PM
Post #31

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 9 2017, 12:04 PM) *

guiness.gif

20,000 less police under Mayhem who accused the police of "crying wolf". Increased terrorism as a result as they pass through an undermanned and overwhelmed safety net. The NHS well underfunded by the tories, the unacceptable Naylor Report privatisation proposals, something which Labour should have highlighted more. An end to the triple lock on pensions while wanting further cuts to corporation tax for the well-to-do's of the business world, and the dementia tax.

The best Labour Manifesto for yonks against the worst Tory campaign I can ever remember, consisting of churning out "trust me, I'm strong and stable" God knows how many times.

The woman had a majority for another 3 years and was 20+ points ahead in the polls. She has scored a spectacular 'own goal', just like David Cameron. The right wing media which constantly suggests Corbyn is a bad leader should look at their favoured leaders instead. Strong and stable has become weak and wobbly.

I wasn't patronising students XWWB, it has been stated this morning that the student vote made a massive difference, it is my opinion that the fact that students have not lived under a Labour government. It no way reflects their intelligence or knowledge.
I, of course think a strong opposition is important for Democracy, I just happen to think that Corbyn, with his admitted Far Left views is not a potential future Prime Minister for this country, that view is also held by a number of Labour MPs.
I have just read that Corbyn backed supporters have called for "Riots on the streets" to get rid of Theresa May and her government, because of their arrangement with the DUP, In fact there will be a "demonstration" as soon as tonight.
I just wonder if Corbyn had got in with the help of the SNPs et all, whether there would've been riots on the streets? Of course not.
If this is the answer of the Left, to riot on the streets, just because Corbyn didn't get in with a majority, it stinks. You call that Democracy? To think of the amount people who died for Democracy during two World Wars, for to have it decided by riots on the streets? Are we going the way of Venezuela?
I'm afraid that kind of Democracy is not my type, and not the type of Democracy I want for this country, I can't see how I can continue to debate with the left wing members on this board, as I can't support their version of Democracy, and for that reason will NOT be responding to any other post on this thread.

--------------------

+Quote Post
XWWB
post Jun 9 2017, 04:00 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Come on now, there's no need for these debates to always end this way. Where have you heard anything about riots, some dodgy tabloid? Certainly nobody on here is talking about rioting.

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Jun 9 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #33

A balanced view.
Group Icon

Member No.: 1562

QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 9 2017, 11:04 AM) *

guiness.gif

This, and he still didnt win. Surely that is of some concern?

--------------------
Defender of the people...

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jun 9 2017, 04:52 PM
Post #34

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (XWWB @ Jun 9 2017, 05:00 PM) *
Come on now, there's no need for these debates to always end this way. Where have you heard anything about riots, some dodgy tabloid? Certainly nobody on here is talking about rioting.

It's been called for on Twitter, one due tonight.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jun 9 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #35

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

If young people have voted Labour it's because they've seen what the Conservatives have done over the last few years and have quite rightly rejected it. Maybe class sizes has had something to do with it...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Jun 9 2017, 07:00 PM
Post #36

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

From afar it looks like you have gone back to the old party splits. Tory and Labour sharing the majority of the vote and the Liberals having enough MPs to fill a minibus and the Ulster Unionists occasionally almost having the balance of power! The SNP is new, but they seem to be losing support thank goodness!

Brexit has a lot to answer for, maybe you should get rid of it and take over leadership from the Germans, we've done it before!

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jun 9 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #37

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Mayhem's speeches today beggar belief. If I didn't know what happened yesterday I'd have thought she'd won a great victory. Typical of her though, totally delusional.

Would she have done better if she'd fought the campaign on policies and said "look, we needed to chop 20000 police because of this, this and this".

Or "We need the NHS to sell off all its buildings and property assets as per the Naylor Report because of this, this and this".

Or "we need to take the triple lock off pensions because of this and that".

Or "we need to give big business more corporation tax cuts because of x, y and z".

Sound like votewinners to me wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Jun 10 2017, 12:44 AM
Post #38

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

I guess in 3mm's opinion the 42% who voted Tory are misguided idiots and the 40% who voted labour are insightful and thoughtful progressives! Just saying😎🌞

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jun 10 2017, 01:39 AM
Post #39

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Canadian Exile @ Jun 10 2017, 01:44 AM) *
I guess in 3mm's opinion the 42% who voted Tory are misguided idiots and the 40% who voted labour are insightful and thoughtful progressives! Just saying😎🌞

You guess wrong, those are your words not mine. I would however say that the only misguided idiot is Theresa Mayhem, but no doubt you are delighted with her strong and stable performance in the election campaign biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Jun 10 2017, 02:21 AM
Post #40

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 9 2017, 09:39 PM) *
QUOTE (Canadian Exile @ Jun 10 2017, 01:44 AM) *

You guess wrong, those are your words not mine. I would however say that the only misguided idiot is Theresa Mayhem, but no doubt you are delighted with her strong and stable performance in the election campaign biggrin.gif

Never watched any of it, like I never watch Trump. Canadian politics is bad enough with a juvenile prime minister wiho has the same IQ as his age, and it's not going up anytime soon.

So I play golf, watch football, read books and enjoy the occasional beverage, to hell with the rest of it!😷

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jun 12 2017, 06:02 AM
Post #41

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Augers well for the future biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Jun 13 2017, 08:30 AM
Post #42

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 5404

QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 12 2017, 07:02 AM) *

Augers well for the future biggrin.gif

Ha Ha ,Love it .Now whos the terrorist sympathizer ?

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Jun 14 2017, 05:22 PM
Post #43

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

I almost (only almost) feel sorry for Theresa MAYhem.

After the worst week of her political career she was forced to watch that sadly outclassed (by 10 men) performance by England in Paris last night.

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Jun 14 2017, 08:00 PM
Post #44

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Jun 14 2017, 01:22 PM) *
I almost (only almost) feel sorry for Theresa MAYhem.

After the worst week of her political career she was forced to watch that sadly outclassed (by 10 men) performance by England in Paris last night.

They were pathetic in defence, at my age I could do better!

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jun 15 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #45

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Our strong and stable minority government have confirmed that Brexit talks will start on Monday.

EU leaders have been calling for talks to begin - on Tuesday EU negotiator Michel Barnier said: "I can't negotiate with myself".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Jun 19 2017, 09:56 AM
Post #46

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 15 2017, 10:30 PM) *
Our strong and stable minority government have confirmed that Brexit talks will start on Monday.

EU leaders have been calling for talks to begin - on Tuesday EU negotiator Michel Barnier said: "I can't negotiate with myself".

It's a complete and utter farce.

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jun 26 2017, 05:41 PM
Post #47

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

£1bn extra of public money going to Northern Ireland to prop up the ailing Conservative government. Bung money which could have been better spent elsewhere.

They have spent £1bn for the right to carry on saying there's no more money...

mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Yesterday, 05:20 PM
Post #48

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

On the North West news today, front desks are to be closed at 10 police stations in the area.

How can this be, when the Tories claim to be putting so much more money into everything.

Just no money available, unless you live in NI, where cash is made freely available from the Conservative magic money tree.

Lies, damned lies, and Conservatives...

--------------------

+Quote Post
XWWB
post Today, 11:34 AM
Post #49

Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ Jun 27 2017, 06:20 PM) *
On the North West news today, front desks are to be closed at 10 police stations in the area.

How can this be, when the Tories claim to be putting so much more money into everything.

Just no money available, unless you live in NI, where cash is made freely available from the Conservative magic money tree.

Lies, damned lies, and Conservatives...

Loads of Wirral police stations have gone in recent years. The only ones left are in Birkenhead and Wallasey - not exactly on your doorstep if you live in the west or south of the peninsular.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2017 - 10:46 PM