> Southport
Cooky
post Mar 16 2014, 11:37 AM
Post #1

Chester legend
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 701

Havnt won away from home since August 13th.

Don't beat them on Tuesday then I think we'll go down.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mad Blue
post Mar 16 2014, 12:05 PM
Post #2

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 135

QUOTE (Cooky @ Mar 16 2014, 11:37 AM) *

With Killock out for 3 weeks, surely a striker on loan is a must. With the forward line options available at the moment we will go down.

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Mar 16 2014, 12:08 PM
Post #3

3 in a row

Member No.: 133

QUOTE (Mad Blue @ Mar 16 2014, 01:05 PM) *
QUOTE (Cooky @ Mar 16 2014, 11:37 AM) *

With Killock out for 3 weeks, surely a striker on loan is a must. With the forward line options available at the moment we will go down.

That Wright at Forest Gump doesn't seem to be getting a game for them. Ideal player for Chester.

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
jack
post Mar 16 2014, 12:20 PM
Post #4

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3692

I'd be tempted to play Peers with Seddon on Tuesday.

Rooney did okay yesterday but his natural instinct was to sit behind Seddon rather than up in the area to pick up the knock downs. Hobson cant play up front with Seddon as they are too similar. I think Peers would give Southport something to think about.

+Quote Post
Mad Blue
post Mar 16 2014, 12:29 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Member No.: 135

QUOTE (jack @ Mar 16 2014, 12:20 PM) *

Rooney did okay yesterday but his natural instinct was to sit behind Seddon rather than up in the area to pick up the knock downs. Hobson cant play up front with Seddon as they are too similar. I think Peers would give Southport something to think about.

I agree about Peers, but we still need a goalscorer from somewhere.

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Mar 16 2014, 02:00 PM
Post #6

Chester legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 701

Says a lot about Seddon when he's tweeting Taylor asking him to come back cos we need to stay up.

How about you start scoring Seddon then we won't go down.

+Quote Post
Jimmy Cooper
post Mar 16 2014, 02:10 PM
Post #7

Squad player

Member No.: 5306

If we don't beat Southport we'll definitely go down. We still don't have anyone who can score goals.

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Mar 16 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #8

Si Dutton
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

Don't rate Peers at this stage I'm afraid, and it's not the time to be chucking kids in. Didn't show much in the games he playing over Christmas, and he seems like another one of the many youth players we produce in the Darren Wright mould - quick but not a lot else.

How about Bond and Turner sitting deep, with Mahon, Menagh and Rooney playing behind Seddon. One of Seddon's strengths is bringing others into play so we might get some joy that way.

--------------------
Cmon City, these are SH*TE

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Mar 16 2014, 03:06 PM
Post #9

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

QUOTE (Big Si @ Mar 16 2014, 02:55 PM) *

Don't rate Peers at this stage I'm afraid, and it's not the time to be chucking kids in. Didn't show much in the games he playing over Christmas, and he seems like another one of the many youth players we produce in the Darren Wright mould - quick but not a lot else.

How about Bond and Turner sitting deep, with Mahon, Menagh and Rooney playing behind Seddon. One of Seddon's strengths is bringing others into play so we might get some joy that way.

I have to agree with you about Peers but on Tuesday, I think Jarrett has to play

+Quote Post
mused
post Mar 16 2014, 03:06 PM
Post #10

1st team captain

Member No.: 1634

Peers for me. As above its not really the ideal time to be blooding kids but this kid has something.

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Mar 16 2014, 03:38 PM
Post #11

Si Dutton
Group Icon

QUOTE (Billy W @ Mar 16 2014, 03:06 PM) *

I have to agree with you about Peers but on Tuesday, I think Jarrett has to play

Forgot about him. Yeah I'd play him instead of Nathan Turner.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bandit12
post Mar 16 2014, 04:21 PM
Post #12

Squad player

Member No.: 6521

Beg to differ in the biggest terms possible ..... Tom Peers is a fantastic prospect and has been one if
the highlights of the season for me ! With players like Tom waiting in the wings I certainly feel a lot
more hopeful about our future. Have watched him a few times this season and can asure you this
young lad has far more than just speed at his disposal !!

--------------------
PROUD TO BE PART OF C.F.C...... "The cultural backbone of this City".......PRIDE, PASSION,WE ARE CHESTER

STILL SMILING + 31 : 08 : 2013 + YOU HAD TO BE THERE !!

(copyright JJRA)

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Mar 16 2014, 05:00 PM
Post #13

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

QUOTE (Bandit12 @ Mar 16 2014, 04:21 PM) *

Beg to differ in the biggest terms possible ..... Tom Peers is a fantastic prospect and has been one if
the highlights of the season for me ! With players like Tom waiting in the wings I certainly feel a lot
more hopeful about our future. Have watched him a few times this season and can asure you this

Conference football might be a bit to much to expect of Peers right now but if we stay up we should really consider sending him on loan to a lower league club next season. Let him develop his eye for goal against some weaker defences. If we do go down he could probably have an impact for us in the Conference North especially if he lines up alongside an experienced strike partner that he can feed off.

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Mar 16 2014, 05:21 PM
Post #14

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

Personally, I would play Craig Hobson, upfront with Seddon, with Rooney behind and then use Menagh's pace, in the second half.

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Mar 17 2014, 03:36 PM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

Southport don't travel very well. They beat Hyde 2-1 in their first away game of the season and have managed only 3 draws since. This gives me hope that we can beat them and beat them well. My obvious concern is that we'll have a ref like Saturday, who gives an unlikely penalty. Alfreton were only ever going to score through a dodgy reffing decision last Saturday.

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Mar 17 2014, 05:59 PM
Post #16

Si Dutton
Group Icon

Out of curiously, what is it that you have noticed that you've liked so much? For me, he's quick and his movement is pretty decent, but haven't seen much else from him. I admit I've only ever seen his first team appearances. I'd love to be proven wrong and for him to be a big success, but I'm not seeing enough from him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bandit12
post Mar 17 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #17

Squad player

Member No.: 6521

QUOTE (Big Si @ Mar 17 2014, 05:59 PM) *

Out of curiously, what is it that you have noticed that you've liked so much? For me, he's quick and his movement is pretty decent, but haven't seen much else from him. I admit I've only ever seen his first team appearances. I'd love to be proven wrong and for him to be a big success, but I'm not seeing enough from him.

I was lucky enough to go along to a few youth games and Tom stood out for me because of the level of confidence he had in front of goal, the amount of
ground he covered and an overall maturity in his ability to read the game.
I think in Tom we have the kind of player that when he receives the ball you can't help thinking "hey up, here we go". I honestly think he's that good !
If he can be brought on and he continues to progress, I don't see why Tom couldn't follow the likes of Sarce and find himself in the Football League !!
The lads got a great future ahead of him if he continues to put the work in .

--------------------
PROUD TO BE PART OF C.F.C...... "The cultural backbone of this City".......PRIDE, PASSION,WE ARE CHESTER

STILL SMILING + 31 : 08 : 2013 + YOU HAD TO BE THERE !!

(copyright JJRA)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2018 - 11:41 AM