Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Neil Young, Chester FC Legend
life in blue
post Jan 8 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #1

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 6586

I just want to say a million thanks Neil for the wonderful 3 seasons you brought to our football club.These have been fantastic times the likes of which I can only compare with the 74 league cup/promotion season. For me you will forever have legendary status at CFC and I for one think you would have kept us in this league. I wish you well in whatever you do in the future and once again thank you very very much bowdown.gif bowdown.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
graffitidave
post Jan 8 2014, 02:59 PM
Post #2

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8331

100%

+Quote Post
Richard
post Jan 8 2014, 03:02 PM
Post #3

1st team regular

Member No.: 3477

QUOTE (life in blue @ Jan 8 2014, 02:55 PM) *
I just want to say a million thanks Neil for the wonderful 3 seasons you brought to our football club.These have been fantastic times the likes of which I can only compare with the 74 league cup/promotion season. For me you will forever have legendary status at CFC and I for one think you would have kept us in this league. I wish you well in whatever you do in the future and once again thank you very very much bowdown.gif bowdown.gif

Could not agree more.

Thanks Neil cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
The Colonel
post Jan 8 2014, 03:07 PM
Post #4

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4808

Right behind you there, will be missed . I had decided to cut down on gin and tonics ,but this news has scupperd that,have to get some more now !!!!! crying.gif

+Quote Post
nicksonmatt
post Jan 8 2014, 03:09 PM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1289

I think any fan that does not echo those sentiments are very blinkered. Good luck for the future Youngy.

--------------------
Chester F.C established 21st May 2010.

+Quote Post
Jimianto
post Jan 8 2014, 03:14 PM
Post #6

Come On City!
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1243

Thanks for some great Chester FC memories Neil & all the best for the future

+Quote Post
Hughie Rydens ba...
post Jan 8 2014, 03:16 PM
Post #7

1st team regular

Member No.: 1218

I'M SAD HES GONE.Good luck in the future and thanks for all you have done.

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Jan 8 2014, 03:17 PM
Post #8

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Absolutely support that. Neil is a cracking bloke, is a winner and I know he is very saddened by todays inevitable events. The last 3 seasons, and certain moments this season, will ensure that he is remembered as the man who dragged the phoenix kicking and screaming upwards. I know Neil will return to the game a stronger manager, and would like to publicly thank him for all of the work he has put into our club. He has put Chester FC back where Chester City FC were in 3 years, and for that I and my family will be eternally grateful. He should never, ever have to buy a pint in our city again. Gutted.

Neil Young bowdown.gif

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
bluesince72
post Jan 8 2014, 03:17 PM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 7763

^^^^^^^^
Agree with every word.

Not impressed with the timing of this, how can a new manager come in assess the players at his disposal and go out and sign new players, all before the transfer window closes? It raises suspicions that all is not right behind the scenes at the club and hasn't been since the chairman changed. Little communication, momentum lost through over cautious decisions, Harvey's destabilizing presence. I get the feeling NY had a different vision of how the club should be progressing, and had no choice but to agree to leave. I just hope Harvey does not get the job as it will be extremely divisive for our club.

+Quote Post
graffitidave
post Jan 8 2014, 03:20 PM
Post #10

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8331

The Neil Young stand has a great ring to it wink.gif

+Quote Post
blue mole
post Jan 8 2014, 03:23 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7370

NY stabbed in the back and if anyone believes any other Board members have the balls to stand up to Durkin they are living in Cloud Cuckoo land! I had hoped that as a fans owned club we would act honourably but that has gone out of the window in the Durkin era. I am truly disgusted at the way NY has been treated by the Junta now running the club and sincerely hope they all get their just desserts at the next Board Elections though if they had any honour they would resign in shame now!

+Quote Post
deva feva
post Jan 8 2014, 03:26 PM
Post #12

1st team regular

Member No.: 2508

Totally gutted at this sad news. Thank you Neil Young for helping put Chester back on the footballing map. I really feel that this is a pivotal point for CFC now and I just hope that we are not looking back with regret in 12 months time. Neil Young Chester legend cityscarf.gif

--------------------
The pheonix is rising!!![color="#4169E1"][/color]

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Jan 8 2014, 03:26 PM
Post #13

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

I didnt think he was the man to keep us up but yet again im frustrated by the antics of our board. If Harvey is appointed it will send out a message that many will dislike.

If we were going to sack him, why wait until a week in to the transfer window?

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
greyfriarsbobbyb...
post Jan 8 2014, 03:27 PM
Post #14

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 9113

QUOTE (bluesince72 @ Jan 8 2014, 03:17 PM) *

^^^^^^^^
Agree with every word.

Not impressed with the timing of this, how can a new manager come in assess the players at his disposal and go out and sign new players, all before the transfer window closes? It raises suspicions that all is not right behind the scenes at the club and hasn't been since the chairman changed. Little communication, momentum lost through over cautious decisions, Harvey's destabilizing presence. I get the feeling NY had a different vision of how the club should be progressing, and had no choice but to agree to leave. I just hope Harvey does not get the job as it will be extremely divisive for our club.

Neil has been squeezed out to accomodate Harvey. Really concerns me what is going on behind the scenes.

Neil Young was Chester manager for 3 1/2 seasons, wins 3 titles and a win at Wrexham at the first attempt. Seals legend who deserved more support from the board.

+Quote Post
Saturday_3pm
post Jan 8 2014, 03:34 PM
Post #15

Squad player

Member No.: 1581

This 100%, would like to also add that we must now move forward and , hopefully, make the correct decision hiring our next manager.......COYBs!!!!

--------------------
football on saturday....down the pub for 12...at the ground for 3......back for good this time, to watch some fookin footie

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jan 8 2014, 03:39 PM
Post #16

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Neil Young's amazing record at Chester...

Played: 119

Won: 72

Draw: 24

Lost: 22

Neil has done a fantastic job and he should be warmly congratulated for his overall management of Chester FC bowdown.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Jan 8 2014, 03:51 PM
Post #17

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

^^^^^^^^
Agree with every word.

Ditto and ditto!!!

+Quote Post
Richard
post Jan 8 2014, 03:57 PM
Post #18

1st team regular

QUOTE (greyfriarsbobbyblue @ Jan 8 2014, 03:27 PM) *

^^^^^^^^
Agree with every word.

Neil has been squeezed out to accomodate Harvey. Really concerns me what is going on behind the scenes.

Neil Young was Chester manager for 3 1/2 seasons, wins 3 titles and a win at Wrexham at the first attempt. Seals legend who deserved more support from the board.

Look at the other thread and you will see that Jim Harvey has stated he is not interested.

What have you to say now? Any new conspiracy theories?

+Quote Post
Marg
post Jan 8 2014, 04:00 PM
Post #19

Squad player

Member No.: 11157

QUOTE (Richard @ Jan 8 2014, 03:57 PM) *

^^^^^^^^
Agree with every word.

Look at the other thread and you will see that Jim Harvey has stated he is not interested.

That doesn't mean he hasn't been offered it,just doesn't want it.

+Quote Post
Bear in the Big ...
post Jan 8 2014, 04:06 PM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5

The world of football is a fickle place at times, there is no doubt this season has been tough but anyone who thought it wouldn't be must havd been living in cloud cuckoo land.
I still beleive that NY would have fulfilled his objection of safety in our first season back in the conference and he could have built on that going forward and consolidation in this division would have been a fantastic achievement in it's self.
For me personally I was humbled and honoured to be Director of Football and to work closely with Neil, I along with Steve Ashton and Chris Pilsbury interviewd Neil and Gary back in May 2010 and from the start his hunger, passion, knowledge of the game and desire for success was what made him the stand out candidate for me. He is meticulous and will leave no stone unturned in his planning, he can be ruthless if he thinks people are taking him for a ride, he does not suffer fools easily especially if he thought it would hinder that drive for success.

I have never known a manager work as hard as he did, his work ethic was perpetual. I think we have to remember at times like this how much Neil has given to thi footbaall club, he took the embryo of a club and gave it life. There is no doubt in my mind that without the appointment of Neil Young this club we would not have achieved the success we have so quicly, I for one will always be eternally grateful to him for all he has done and I wish him every success in the future.

Thanks Youngie, the pleasure was all ours.

--------------------
Proud to be one spot of rain in a "shower of fools"

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Jan 8 2014, 04:13 PM
Post #21

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

I don't know why people are saying NY has been sacked. I thought it was by mutual agreement.
We don't know the ins and outs, there may have been a falling out, NY may have wanted a better contract, he may have wanted more money to buy players, it may have something to do with Jim Harvey etc, etc. We just don't know the reason, and until we do, what is the point of speculating and blaming Durkin, Harvey, the Board or anyone else.
I'm prepared to wait and see what comes out in the wash before I make a judgement but whatever the outcome, I will still give the club, the Board and the new manager my full backing.

+Quote Post
Richard
post Jan 8 2014, 04:15 PM
Post #22

1st team regular

QUOTE (Marg @ Jan 8 2014, 04:00 PM) *
QUOTE (Richard @ Jan 8 2014, 03:57 PM) *

^^^^^^^^
Agree with every word.

That doesn't mean he hasn't been offered it,just doesn't want it.

Even giving artistic licence for a little bit of emotion....you cannot be serious!!

He does not want it , so why on earth would he be offered the job before all applicants have been considered and the Board making a decision.

It's almost as if you are dissapointed that things are being done properly??

+Quote Post
GazCCFC
post Jan 8 2014, 04:20 PM
Post #23

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 733

Thanks to NY for 3 fantastic promotions and returning us to the Conference in stunning fashion. He leaves us with many fantastic memories.

This year was a step too far and many of the methods that worked for him on the way up just didn't work at this level. Hopefully he will return to football better for the experience.

If Durkin does appoint Harvey he can expect a backlash. It's crucial to both on and off field matters that the right decision is made.

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Jan 8 2014, 04:22 PM
Post #24

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

QUOTE (GazCCFC @ Jan 8 2014, 04:20 PM) *
Thanks to NY for 3 fantastic promotions and returning us to the Conference in stunning fashion. He leaves us with many fantastic memories.

This year was a step too far and many of the methods that worked for him on the way up just didn't work at this level. Hopefully he will return to football better for the experience.

If Durkin does appoint Harvey he can expect a backlash. It's crucial to both on and off field matters that the right decision is made.

My thoughts as well.

NB Harvey stated he's not interested,

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Jan 8 2014, 04:23 PM

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post Jan 8 2014, 04:29 PM
Post #25

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2181

Echo all those thoughts above would be childish in the extreme to say anything negative about the man. Chester legend bowdown.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2018 - 11:40 AM