Banksy's Profile

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1169

OWS

--------------------
Follow my Twitter @Banks247 / Facebook JB

One Voice, One Passion

I am a Chester fan...I am a Cestrian

CHESTER FC - EVO-STIK FIRST DIVISION NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010/11, EVO-STIK PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2011/12, BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012/13

Our Community, Our City, Our Club.

Jeff Banks - Media Volunteer
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Jul 11 2010, 01:03 AM
Post #2

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

We ALL deserved better than that today, especially those like Banksy who have put so much in to the club.

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
Ean
post Jul 11 2010, 06:29 AM
Post #3

chester football club supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2289

citysign.GIF
what happened would not have happened if those thugs had gone to watch a game of football like the
1600ish other people did

they went for a day on the lash then had to prove they were hard fueled on booze

thats the bottom line , the work done by the board and others has been draged through the mud 1st time out how do you like they feel
yet its the polices fault wake up

people calling themselves chester supporters just going to drink thats the problem yet we and our club will now pay the price for there day on the pop angry.gif

--------------------
I'M A FOOL

WHY DON'T YOU BECOME ONE TOO

bugler for the masses
west stand
golf pro to the stars
well nwas anyway

+Quote Post
Ben
post Jul 11 2010, 06:44 AM
Post #4

Supporter

Member No.: 76

I think a lot of lessons need to be learnt from yesterday. I was in the club house just before kick off and you could sense then that there was a group of 'people' who were just there for the p**s up. They were singing anti-welsh songs and you could see that the big ugly bouncer in the corner was not appreciating it and had a rye smile on his face as if he was planning something. I'm not saying that he was the cause but you could sense something was brewing.

Having a club house selling beer all game with such people around is not a good idea. There is a reason why alcohol is banned in most football grounds, today showed why. I'm guessing the set up at Colwyn will be similar to other grounds in our league and it may be worth the CFU advising such clubs to close the bar say 15 mins before kick off and keep it closed.

Of course the people involved should be banned, but how easy will this be to police at away games? Therefore we need to take measures to reduce the chance of things like this happening again. Its sad for the true fans who could enjoy a drink and watch the game, but this is the price you pay when idiots are around.

--------------------
Want to reminisce? Check out my youtube channel which has lots of clips of CCFC, including many of the great Harry McNally.

CCFC Old Clips

+Quote Post
Deva Boy Returns
post Jul 11 2010, 06:58 AM
Post #5

Formerly Deva Boy when I was living in Exile in Yorkshire
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1081

QUOTE (Ben @ Jul 11 2010, 07:44 AM) *
I think a lot of lessons need to be learnt from yesterday. I was in the club house just before kick off and you could sense then that there was a group of 'people' who were just there for the p**s up. They were singing anti-welsh songs and you could see that the big ugly bouncer in the corner was not appreciating it and had a rye smile on his face as if he was planning something. I'm not saying that he was the cause but you could sense something was brewing.

Having a club house selling beer all game with such people around is not a good idea. There is a reason why alcohol is banned in most football grounds, today showed why. I'm guessing the set up at Colwyn will be similar to other grounds in our league and it may be worth the CFU advising such clubs to close the bar say 15 mins before kick off and keep it closed.

Of course the people involved should be banned, but how easy will this be to police at away games? Therefore we need to take measures to reduce the chance of things like this happening again. Its sad for the true fans who could enjoy a drink and watch the game, but this is the price you pay when idiots are around.

Good post Ben

--------------------
In 2004 'Deva Boy' returned after three years exiled in Yorkshire and so, 'Deva Boy Returns'

CHESTER FC UNTIL THE SKY TURNS GREEN

'OUR CITY, OUR COMMUNITY, OUR CLUB'

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post Jul 11 2010, 07:11 AM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1749

We should think about taking our own security team for away games if that is possible. Also ban 'supporters' ourselves, not leave it to the police to charge offenders.

--------------------
North Wales Chester FC Supporters Group

+Quote Post
Ben
post Jul 11 2010, 07:40 AM
Post #7

Supporter

I would also say to all 'true' fans that if this does happen again then please walk away. Yesterday a lot of people went towards that corner, i'm guessing to 'have a look'. This just makes things worse and makes it harder to identify the trouble makers.

If the true fans had moved away from that corner then you would have had the handful of idiots isolated and easy to identity.

--------------------
Want to reminisce? Check out my youtube channel which has lots of clips of CCFC, including many of the great Harry McNally.

CCFC Old Clips

+Quote Post
Chester Lion
post Jul 11 2010, 07:46 AM
Post #8

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1498

and it may be worth the CFU advising such clubs to close the bar say 15 mins before kick off and keep it closed.

This is what p**ses me off (and no reflection on you Ben)... was watching a local rugby game (nowhere near Chester) a few weeks back, weather was hot, grabbed myself a cheeky pint and sat on the grass bank watching the game.

It shouldn't need the bar to be closed during the game if it isn't normally closed during the game just because 1% of idiots can't handle their booze.... it they close the bars because of this then me and people like e can't have 1 cheeky beer and watch the match in peace..

I hope it doesn't come to this because "punishing the masses because of the actions of the very small minority" is very much a government mentality on binge drinking etc...

I could easily understand if it happens though.

--------------------
QUOTE (King Monkey @ Mar 5 2013, 11:34 PM) *
I love a good internet argument, much more fun than going out of the house and seeing real people.

"I have enough money to keep this club afloat for the rest of my life, should I wish to do it."

Gone but not forgotten, Stephen Vaughan ROT IN HELL!!!

+Quote Post
Blueblister
post Jul 11 2010, 07:50 AM
Post #9

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3554

Well said, we need to act strongly and make an example of the trouble makers. Also, as mentioned on another thread the middle aged prats drivelling abuse at the Bay goalie was sad to see.
I was proud of the turn out though, it looks like our new club can afford to alienate/ban a few numpties who can't handle their drink.

+Quote Post
Ben
post Jul 11 2010, 07:52 AM
Post #10

Supporter

QUOTE (Chester Lion @ Jul 11 2010, 08:46 AM) *
and it may be worth the CFU advising such clubs to close the bar say 15 mins before kick off and keep it closed.

This is what p**ses me off (and no reflection on you Ben)... was watching a local rugby game (nowhere near Chester) a few weeks back, weather was hot, grabbed myself a cheeky pint and sat on the grass bank watching the game.

It shouldn't need the bar to be closed during the game if it isn't normally closed during the game just because 1% of idiots can't handle their booze.... it they close the bars because of this then me and people like e can't have 1 cheeky beer and watch the match in peace..

I hope it doesn't come to this because "punishing the masses because of the actions of the very small minority" is very much a government mentality on binge drinking etc...

I agree with you, it is the same at Cricket, you sit and drink all day and rarely see any trouble.

However life is what it is and idiots + beer = trouble, if we cannot stop the idiots then the only other way is to stop the beer. Sad but id rather not have a drink and be able to take my son to games than the other way around.

--------------------

CCFC Old Clips

+Quote Post
Chopper.
post Jul 11 2010, 08:04 AM
Post #11

Youth team

Member No.: 5491

QUOTE (Fathead The Gladiator @ Jul 11 2010, 07:11 AM) *
We should think about taking our own security team for away games if that is possible. Also ban 'supporters' ourselves, not leave it to the police to charge offenders.

How do you proposal to 'Ban' people you consider should not attend games? Fans convicted of an offence in Court of Law can be banned.I think you are going down a dangerous route if you think you can single out people you don't consider worthy of following Chester. And in fact, I think if not left up to the Police, this would have the potential for serious trouble and even more division amongst the supporters. A witch hunt springs to mind!

--------------------
I got Tasered in Colwyn Bay for Traffic offences

+Quote Post
OS Dog
post Jul 11 2010, 08:43 AM
Post #12

Squad player

Member No.: 2705

QUOTE (Ben @ Jul 11 2010, 08:52 AM) *
QUOTE (Chester Lion @ Jul 11 2010, 08:46 AM) *

I agree with you, it is the same at Cricket, you sit and drink all day and rarely see any trouble.

However life is what it is and idiots + beer = trouble, if we cannot stop the idiots then the only other way is to stop the beer. Sad but id rather not have a drink and be able to take my son to games than the other way around.

I know where you are coming from and to a large extent agree, but for a lot of clubs, takings over the bar form a large part of their income. To use yesterday as an example, a fiver to get in but a couple of pints before the game, one at half time then one at full time would mean a total spend of roughly £15.

Also why should the home supporters not be able to have a pint and discuss the game after just because of the actions of a few idiots.

My solution would be to remove the idiots not the beer. How we do that is far more difficult of course.

+Quote Post
Please Be Stoic
post Jul 11 2010, 09:55 AM
Post #13

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 4566

QUOTE (Blueblister @ Jul 11 2010, 07:50 AM) *
Well said, we need to act strongly and make an example of the trouble makers. Also, as mentioned on another thread the middle aged prats drivelling abuse at the Bay goalie was sad to see.
I was proud of the turn out though, it looks like our new club can afford to alienate/ban a few numpties who can't handle their drink.

I was talking to Bay goalies parents in town last night. He is used to it and considers it all part of the game. He, as in Bays goalie, is a good lad and may be worth a shout as he is not on much at Colwyn Bay and could do a decent job for us as cover.

+Quote Post
bournemouthblue
post Jul 11 2010, 10:57 AM
Post #14

Chesters Number 7

Member No.: 3988

Everyone makes mistakes, I know it was completley unacceptable and overshadowed the positives of the day, but I am strong believer of second chances and this club cannot afford to turn some real Chester fans who on the day got over enthusiastic on alcohol. I'm sure they will be sorry enough to make a formal apology and ofcourse take some punishment, perhaps suspended from the first 5-10 home games. Let them redeem themselves and we can all move on. For those who did have their intensions of ruining the game and clearly are not true enough Chester fans and will be damaging the bright future of CFC, then more drastic action should be implemented.

--------------------
COME ON CITY, COME ON CITY!

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Jul 11 2010, 11:17 AM
Post #15

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

As far as im concerned even if you didnt start the fight as soon as you throw a punch at a game you should be banned. Its very rare with crowds the size that Chester get that you will find yourself in a situation where somebody is kicking off and you are forced to defend yourself, just walk away FFS. Just because somebody else started it does not mean people have to retaliate. There was plenty of space yesterday for people to go and stand away from the fighting but instead more people decided to get involved when a few idiots kicked off and the situation was made worse.

A real fan would always try and avoid a fight rather than get involved in any situation as they know that getting in a fight will only harm the club.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2018 - 03:53 PM