Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fan base fragmenting again
Chester loyal
post Feb 22 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #1

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 5116

If we could all turn the clock back we would be in the old 3rd Division bickering about who should be left back!
As far as I was aware, the Phoenix club was the absolute last resort? And if a buyer came in all the better.
Bit it does seem that some people views have shifted and only a new Chester run by the CFU will do.

I'm not defending the Danes as I don't know anything about them, but why can't he CFU work with them?

One thing I do know, the council will not let anyone play at the Deva without the £20,00 being paid in full.
If it has to be a new club, the only way we get the Deva is if we stump up the money.

We can't have two clubs, something has to give
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Beautiful Ga...
post Feb 22 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #2

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1026

QUOTE (Chester loyal @ Feb 22 2010, 05:28 PM) *
If we could all turn the clock back we would be in the old 3rd Division bickering about who should be left back!
As far as I was aware, the Phoenix club was the absolute last resort? And if a buyer came in all the better.
Bit it does seem that some people views have shifted and only a new Chester run by the CFU will do.

I'm not defending the Danes as I don't know anything about them, but why can't he CFU work with them?
One thing I do know, the council will not let anyone play at the Deva without the £20,00 being paid in full.
If it has to be a new club, the only way we get the Deva is if we stump up the money.

Have you not read all of the other threads, they have attempted to work with them

--------------------
"'The past was yours but the future's mine'

+Quote Post
sifter
post Feb 22 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #3

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1644

QUOTE (The Beautiful Game @ Feb 22 2010, 05:33 PM) *

Have you not read all of the other threads, they have attempted to work with them

I found the Danish to be very disrespectful to Chester fans on the blog last night ! I don't want to have the club run by someone who thinks the fans have no say in what the club does !!!!!!

--------------------
3 is the magic number

+Quote Post
Chester loyal
post Feb 22 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #4

Squad player

Try harder. Dialog is the only answer. Otherwise we have two clubs, both doomed with only a few hundred fans each"!

+Quote Post
OnlyCoolKidsSupp...
post Feb 22 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #5

1st team sub

Member No.: 4732

Two separate clubs would be disastrous. End of.

--------------------
Maravilla

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Feb 22 2010, 05:44 PM
Post #6

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

QUOTE (Chester loyal @ Feb 22 2010, 05:37 PM) *

Try harder. Dialog is the only answer. Otherwise we have two clubs, both doomed with only a few hundred fans each"!

Come back when you know whats going on you ill informed prat. The danes have shown a total lack of respect to the club and its fans. They have no clue about the challenges facing the club and have nowhere near the amount of money needed to save the club.

If the danes take over this club WILL die. Even if the fans came back and the attendances were back up to 2500 every week they simply would not have the cash to clear all the clubs debts

+Quote Post
Chester loyal
post Feb 22 2010, 05:44 PM
Post #7

Squad player

QUOTE (OnlyCoolKidsSupportChester @ Feb 22 2010, 05:42 PM) *

Exactly, but that's the way it is headed if they take over at the Deva. The CFU form another Chester and the average fan does not know if he is coming, going, boycotting or just saying f@ck all this I can't be arsed!

+Quote Post
Chester loyal
post Feb 22 2010, 05:46 PM
Post #8

Squad player

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Feb 22 2010, 05:44 PM) *

Come back when you know whats going on you ill informed prat. The danes have shown a total lack of respect to the club and its fans. They have no clue about the challenges facing the club and have nowhere near the amount of money needed to save the club.

If the danes take over this club WILL die. Even if the fans came back and the attendances were back up to 2500 every week they simply would not have the cash to clear all the clubs debts

Sorry I'm a CHESTER FAN and you are being rude and obviously immature!

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Feb 22 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #9

Exiled in York

QUOTE (Chester loyal @ Feb 22 2010, 05:44 PM) *
QUOTE (OnlyCoolKidsSupportChester @ Feb 22 2010, 05:42 PM) *

Exactly, but that's the way it is headed if they take over at the Deva. The CFU form another Chester and the average fan does not know if he is coming, going, boycotting or just saying f@ck all this I can't be arsed!

Thats not the way its heading at all. The danes will not be able to keep this club alive to the start of next season based on their current "business plan" - and i use that term VERY loosely.

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Feb 22 2010, 05:49 PM
Post #10

Exiled in York

QUOTE (Chester loyal @ Feb 22 2010, 05:46 PM) *

Yep such a loyal fan that you have clearly kept yourself well up to date with events at the club. Do some research on the current situation with the danes before spouting opinions that have no basis in reality.

+Quote Post
sifter
post Feb 22 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

This statement is taken from Bold.DK & is by an investor in the Danish project it was posted at 18:24 today (CET)

"CFU is a problem we must address" that's >700 fans

--------------------
3 is the magic number

+Quote Post
Chester loyal
post Feb 22 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #12

Squad player

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Feb 22 2010, 05:49 PM) *

Yep such a loyal fan that you have clearly kept yourself well up to date with events at the club. Do some research on the current situation with the danes before spouting opinions that have no basis in reality.

I'm informed on one thing Tom. The Council are in Debt to the tune of 30 million and have been making people redundant since April.
If we/the CFU don't have 20K, they don't get to play at the Deva. So it will be either TNS, Dane F.C or as it is rumored CADSART!

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Feb 22 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #13

Exiled in York

QUOTE (Chester loyal @ Feb 22 2010, 05:55 PM) *

I'm informed on one thing Tom. The Council are in Debt to the tune of 30 million and have been making people redundant since April.
If we/the CFU don't have 20K, they don't get to play at the Deva. So it will be either TNS, Dane F.C or as it is rumored CADSART!

What makes you think the danes will be able to pay that 20k?

So far they have done nothing to show that. And even if they manage to get the stadium they still need to clear 700k+ of other debt to keep the club afloat.

Do you really want this club run by a group who were introduced by Vaughan by Mark Wright? Have you even looked at the Danes website or the blogs they have been posting about our club. If after reading their "plans" for the club and their opinions on its fans you still want them in charge you are just plain deluded

+Quote Post
Chester loyal
post Feb 22 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #14

Squad player

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ Feb 22 2010, 06:01 PM) *
QUOTE (Chester loyal @ Feb 22 2010, 05:55 PM) *

What makes you think the danes will be able to pay that 20k?

So far they have done nothing to show that. And even if they manage to get the stadium they still need to clear 700k+ of other debt to keep the club afloat.

Do you really want this club run by a group who were introduced by Vaughan by Mark Wright? Have you even looked at the Danes website or the blogs they have been posting about our club. If after reading their "plans" for the club and their opinions on its fans you still want them in charge you are just plain deluded

Can the CFU pay 20k? I hope so.
So that is why the CFU need to offer an olive branch and work with these people IF they have the money!

+Quote Post
ALWAYS BLUE
post Feb 22 2010, 06:16 PM
Post #15

Shabba
Group Icon

Member No.: 1387

no split for me, another tin pot, pie in sky bid from some unknown's

--------------------
SHABBA!!

+Quote Post
blue army boy
post Feb 22 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #16

1st team regular

Member No.: 2109

according to the chron extra the cfu have 35 grand. So twenty grand rent leaves 15 grand to start a team. The danes don't look like they can afford it either. So basically we are screwed.

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post Feb 22 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #17

Exiled in York

QUOTE (blue army boy @ Feb 22 2010, 06:21 PM) *
according to the chron extra the cfu have 35 grand. So twenty grand rent leaves 15 grand to start a team. The danes don't look like they can afford it either. So basically we are screwed.

The CFU have far longer to raise funds tho. The danes bid can only serve to delay their work

+Quote Post
sifter
post Feb 22 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #18

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

I have just been reading some feedback on the Bold.DK site again (most recent posts to "Chester is Danish" & I have to tell you that even they are now SPLIT !!!!! few arguments going on accusing Palle of telling "porkies" !!!!

--------------------
3 is the magic number

+Quote Post
Chester loyal
post Feb 22 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #19

Squad player

35 grand is a good start. Depends what type of club we want.

+Quote Post
Rossett Blue
post Feb 22 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #20

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 553

QUOTE (Chester loyal @ Feb 22 2010, 06:24 PM) *

35 grand is a good start. Depends what type of club we want.

One that is free of egomaniac mentalists for the first time in more than a decade please!

--------------------
Chester FC, always and forever

+Quote Post
Greeny
post Feb 22 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #21

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2039

When you talk about £20k do you mean the annual rent or the money owed to CWAC by the current club?

+Quote Post
tombola
post Feb 22 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #22

1st team regular

Member No.: 1123

No split from my point of view, I'd suggest the majority of CFU members support their statement regarding the Danish consortiums bid. But there's only one way to find out.......................................

FIGHT!

--------------------
The future's bright, the future's Blue and White.

+Quote Post
sifter
post Feb 22 2010, 06:31 PM
Post #23

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (tombola @ Feb 22 2010, 06:30 PM) *
No split from my point of view, I'd suggest the majority of CFU members support their statement regarding the Danish consortiums bid. But there's only one way to find out.......................................

FIGHT!

Wow Harry Hill is a fan of Chester

--------------------
3 is the magic number

+Quote Post
Chester loyal
post Feb 22 2010, 06:32 PM
Post #24

Squad player

QUOTE (Greeny @ Feb 22 2010, 06:30 PM) *
When you talk about £20k do you mean the annual rent or the money owed to CWAC by the current club?

Rent

+Quote Post
Jimianto
post Feb 22 2010, 06:36 PM
Post #25

Come On City!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1243

The £35k is the starting point - the advice received last week from FCUM was there's no rush.

There is no doubt that CFU could raise at least £150k in my opinion. There are sponsors waiting for SV to get lost, fact. Plus most of the membership will make further donations when effectively needed. I would be willing to purchase a £100 loan note and 2 season tickets, but my personal view is that there's no benefit in me parting with my cash until a Phoenix club are accepted by the Council. I am sure many others feel the same way.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 03:27 AM