> Legends night.
Achmed Lad
post Dec 4 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #1

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3899

Hats off to Banksy and all involved for a fantastic night bowdown.gif

Personal highlights for me were meeting Ian Edwards, Wayne Brown, Eddie Bishop and Milton Graham, and listening to Ernie's tale of his momento of Sealand Road.

--------------------
Love Moss, hate Saunders.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
finno
post Dec 4 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Bring Back The Beckett !

Member No.: 12

great stuff hopefully loads more !!!! cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Dec 4 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #3

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

Fantastic night, well done to all involved. And despite all the fallings out on here in recent months/years...what a great set of true supporters we have.

While people clearly care so much bout the Club, it will never, ever die!

+Quote Post
Saltney Blue
post Dec 4 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #4

Calm down dear!
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 20

A great night that I really enjoyed.

CFU is about to embark on a critical journey, I believe they have a board with intelligence and organisational ability to make the right noises at the right times.

CFU, you are under starters orders and your OFF and running!

+Quote Post
Pumps
post Dec 4 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #5

A new dawn is rising

Member No.: 65

Definitely. Very well organised, and a credit to all those involved.
A great night indeed - and one that prominently reminded us of all things Chester FC.

I echo Ron, this club will never die.

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Dec 4 2009, 01:32 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

Do the current incumbents down at the Deva have the capacity to organise an event like tonight's? Do they hell!

All credit to Banksy and chums for what was a superb night. Four or five of us had a personal Q&A with a true legend, Milton Graham, at about 00.30am outside the club. Listening to him reminiscing about the days of Sealand Road, Harry Mac and his team-mates is something we'll never forget.

Having seen old photos and video clips of Graham Abel, I'll say he hasn't changed one bit! I had my photo taken with the likes of Gary Talbot, Elfed Morris, Dennis Reeves, John Butcher, Eddie Bishop, Chris Lightfoot, Iain Jenkins and the aforementioned Abel and Graham, whilst John Kelly, Ryan Lowe and Wayne Brown, amongst others, were also in attendance tonight.

Hopefully a great deal of funds were raised for the CFU - the auction certainly seemed a success and I will cherish my football signed by two of the "Famous Five" and our greatest ever goalscorer.

+Quote Post
steveo1
post Dec 4 2009, 01:41 AM
Post #7

1st team captain

Member No.: 217

A superb nite, well done to all at the CFU, to many people individually to mention who have contributed into making the night it was.

It was great to see fans with a smile on there faces, it was brilliant, all the different generations of players back together. Great having a chat with the likes of Eddie, Bish, Jenks and Milton Graham at 12.30 on the street, what a gent!

Considering we didnt get underway till about 830 we packed a lot in with plenty of time for chat, photos and banter with the legends, a bit of a parade of the legends on the stage and then a question and answer session with them to. The auction seem to go down really wel with plenty of money made and we got there in the end with the raffle! Was nice to have Terry and Jude being the DJ for the night supplying a decent variety of music, it was good enough for the likes of Barry Hipkiss to get up and have a bop after all! smile.gif

Well done to all, lets hope to get another one sorted out again maybe in the summer?

--------------------
Deva Chat F.C

World Cup Doubles Champion - 28/7/05

'A member of the DCFC Prankster Organisation'

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Dec 4 2009, 01:44 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

LOL I've got a cracking photo of Barry Hipkiss on the dancefloor, striking a mean pose for my camera. He must've had a few by that point!

Who'd have thought it? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Banksy
post Dec 4 2009, 02:05 AM
Post #9

Banksy's Profile

Member No.: 1169

I would just like to say a HUGE thanks to everyone who attended the event tonight, to make it the success that it clearly was.

Myself & Saltney Blueboy were the last to leave the Divas Show Bar about half an hour ago, and enjoyed a great chat with Eric off DC, as well John Butcher, and his son Ryan, and it was great to meet DevaChatters such as Wr**h*m Blue, Garold Blue, and speaking to the regulars on DC.

On the way back to the taxi, I had a really good conversation with Milton Graham, and he was made up to come across to Chester for the first time in 20 years, and as explained to him, this just HAS to become an annual event, and December seems such a great time to hold it too!

I, along with the other CFU commitee menbers, and this includes the working group, would really like to thank everyone involved in making the night a memorable one, from the fans who bought tickets, to the Legends, a good few of which travelled a hell of a distance to be with us tonight.

Iain Jenkins, who came down from Scotland to enjoy the night, and Milton, Milton Graham (clap clap), who made it over from Peterborough, I must admit I felt speechless when he was the first player to arrive at the venue tonight. The procession of Legends was fantastic, as I'm sure all those who witnessed it will confirm, look out for the pictures of that!

I have to say a big thanks to Bobby Brown, who compered the evening spectacularly, and did a fantastic job, along with Terry & Jude, who provided the music - let's not forget they both offered their services FREE of charge tonight.

Thanks to everyone who took part in the Auction, and those who also bought a raffle ticket, I thought Pauline M was going to smack Bobby one when the 59th yellow ticket in a row came out, when Greeny was desperately hoping for a Blue ticket to come out to satisfy the masses!!!!

As for Ernie Allen - jesus, I had a lump in my throat when we invited him up to talk about the item he donated - masonry from the Barn End, at Sealand Road, when demolition was starting at the old ground. Ernie, a supporter for 64 years, summed up for me, why we need to fight for the future of Chester City Football Club, and if we can show half as much passion as he did tonight, then we will go places. Ernie bowdown.gif

The Legends certainly enjoyed themselves tonight, echoed by Dennis Reeves' comments about how THEY were priviledged to be part of the night, and that just shows how much they value a football club in Chester, along with the supporters in that room tonight.

That is a night I'm not going to forget in a hurry, and I can tell you now, that an annual Legends Night is now certainly on the agenda, so many relationships have been built again tonight with the ex-players, it would be a crime not to.

The one thing that struck me tonight, was that this is something the club could quite easily do themselves, don't get me wrong, a hell of a lot of effort has gone into the preparations for Legends Night - and I hope that everyone who attended will remember it as long as they live - but this just shows what can be done if they put their minds to it.

Apologies for rambling on, but I have just returned from a night I'll never forget - and this is during a time when everyone is so cheesed off at the club!!!!

Hope all had a great night.

Banksy

cityscarf.gif

This post has been edited by Banksy: Dec 4 2009, 02:08 AM

--------------------
Follow my Twitter @Banks247 / Facebook JB

One Voice, One Passion

I am a Chester fan...I am a Cestrian

CHESTER FC - EVO-STIK FIRST DIVISION NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010/11, EVO-STIK PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2011/12, BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012/13

Our Community, Our City, Our Club.

Jeff Banks - Media Volunteer

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Dec 4 2009, 02:08 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

What will stand out for me is...

Milton Graham. Outside in the spitting rain. At half past midnight. Chatting about all things CCFC, during his time with the club, and football in general. To an audience of five.

Un-for-gett-able.

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Dec 4 2009, 02:22 AM
Post #11

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

Well Jeff, as we said in the taxi home, this is what supporting a club is all about.

I enjoyed myself just watching the "legends" enjoying themselves.

If you were unable to attend tonight, you missed a great night. Please, please, please try and attend the next fundraising event - it really is worth it, I promise.

If only you could hear the chants tonight - took me back many years.

PS - Banksy and Dragonslayer, you've played a blinder with the organisation bringing together the legends of tonight. CFU will benefit financially but many Blues fan benefitted nostagically. It was brilliant!

In fact, for the first time in ages, I WAS PROUD TO BE A CITY FAN

--------------------

+Quote Post
jules
post Dec 4 2009, 08:54 AM
Post #12

Debut

Member No.: 4569

Barrie, Pam and Julia Hipkiss would like to thank and congratulate all involved with last nights Legends night. It was a fantastic night and something you should be proud of. I personally was so made up to see Milton. He stayed with us and it was so great to see him and catch up. I'm gutted I missed my dad dancing though!!!

Thanks again and best wishes to all the hard working people who have worked so hard from City Fans United Working Party. Your doing an amazing job.

+Quote Post
Greeny
post Dec 4 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #13

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2039

Last night was immense. Congratulations to everybody involved in the organisation, especially Banksy and Dragonslayer, and thank you to those who gave up their time to contribute to the evening. Bobby Brown, Terry & Jude and all of the players and supporters deserve a massive pat on the back for supporting what is, in my opinion, the finest ever Chester City FC social.

The atmosphere was so relaxed, to see genuine legends like Elfed Morris, Grenville Millington and Gary Talbot mingling with the fans was fantastic. And of course, the stories from the players were a highlight. It doesn't get much better than Graham Abel talkin you through that goal when you are having a p**s!

Ryan and John Butcher amongst the last to leave? Who'd have thought it! guiness.gif

PS - sorry to anyone who had a blue ticket in the raffle!

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Dec 4 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #14

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

I did tell everyone the yellows were the winners!

There will be a few sore heads around today, if I'm any judge.

Well done Dave, Jeff and the CFU guys, and thanks once more to Bob, Terry and Jude and the Legends. And the Exiles, top notch.

But once again the supporters of this Club proved to all there that the Club is its supporters. Not the board.

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
SueC
post Dec 4 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #15

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Member No.: 110

Sounds absolutely blooming fantastic - just what I was expecting to hear. I hope someone has a gallery of photos.

There were five Chester fans playing darts last night v Sheffield Wednesday. Our numbers were depleted as two of our team were at Legends Night. On arrival, one of the Sheffield Weds team said he was amazed there were five Chester fans in London - what cheek!

But we still won - 7 v 4 (undefeated this season). I was being kept in touch with Legends Night by text and sounded like everyone was having a great time. A massive congratulations are due to the organisers.
cityscarf.gif

It's a great idea for it to be an annual event. Just a small plea on behalf of fellow Exiles - can it be on a Friday or Saturday night to make it easier for us to get to? Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cocky Watchman
post Dec 4 2009, 09:58 AM
Post #16

1st team regular

Member No.: 2612

What a fantastic night!

Hats off to everyone who made it happen, the Legends who showed what the word really means, and for everyone else for making me realise that our small but great club will never die whilst is has so many people who care so much.

Oh, and Milton, Milton Graham bowdown.gif

citysign.GIF

--------------------

+Quote Post
GaroldBlue
post Dec 4 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #17

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 2991

QUOTE (Greeny @ Dec 4 2009, 09:04 AM) *
Last night was immense. Congratulations to everybody involved in the organisation, especially Banksy and Dragonslayer, and thank you to those who gave up their time to contribute to the evening. Bobby Brown, Terry & Jude and all of the players and supporters deserve a massive pat on the back for supporting what is, in my opinion, the finest ever Chester City FC social.

The atmosphere was so relaxed, to see genuine legends like Elfed Morris, Grenville Millington and Gary Talbot mingling with the fans was fantastic. And of course, the stories from the players were a highlight. It doesn't get much better than Graham Abel talkin you through that goal when you are having a p**s!

Ryan and John Butcher amongst the last to leave? Who'd have thought it! guiness.gif

PS - sorry to anyone who had a blue ticket in the raffle!

one word. FIX. mad.gif

--------------------
I invented the shoe in 1942.

+Quote Post
GaroldBlue
post Dec 4 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #18

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

In all seriousness, what a cracking night. well done to all involved in organising it. bowdown.gif

was nice to meet a couple of devachatters too and put faces to names especially banksy and NWAS (thanks for the ticket)

i've also never seen NFBF move so fast when his NF shirt ended up in the auction. biggrin.gif

i've now joined up to the CFU and got myself a Harry T-shirt, thanks Stan.

all in all a great night, rool on the next one. cityscarf.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Dec 4 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #19

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

That one is only a scan (which I managed to spill ale on). Susan will forward me the memory card with all pics taken on the night on, and I will endeavour (with the help of my glamourous assistant Jeff) to get them all up on the CFU website.

There will be an option on there to get your pics printed again, put on posters, mousemats etc, all profits as last night to CFU.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Achmed Lad
post Dec 4 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #20

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3899

Got any more pictures you can load up please Mark?

Oh, we had bloody loads of yellow tickets and still didn't win, so all those blue ticketed nancies should stop moaning tongue.gif

--------------------
Love Moss, hate Saunders.

+Quote Post
The Beautiful Ga...
post Dec 4 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #21

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1026

A quality quality night, a massive thanks to Banksy and all from the CFU bowdown.gif . Last night showed what this great club is all about and why we all love it so much. Fantastic to see the old players but also to see fans I hadn't seen for ages to.

So many great moments to remember, one particular was a drunken conversation with John Thomas about how I got Patrick football boots for christmas as a kid so I could be like him!!

Paying for it now though as I lie on the couch watching Deadliest Catch with a thumping headache.

Great night thanks to all involved.

--------------------
"'The past was yours but the future's mine'

+Quote Post
GaroldBlue
post Dec 4 2009, 10:40 AM
Post #22

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Achmed Lad @ Dec 4 2009, 10:34 AM) *

Oh, we had bloody loads of yellow tickets and still didn't win, so all those blue ticketed nancies should stop moaning tongue.gif

haha, there was a bloke stood near me who must of bought half of the yellow book of tickets, he got dead excited every time a yellow ticket was pulled out but he won nothing. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scott
post Dec 4 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #23

Up the seals

Member No.: 2029

Excellent night, should be alot more events like that. Well done to Banksy and all of the CFU.

Ended up winning in the raffle and buying a signed pair of Ryan Lowe's boots in the auction biggrin.gif

Got Gary Talbot's autograph for my Grandad who's in a care home and has followed the blues home and away all his life.

Made up, I owe the CFU £5 as they never had change when I bought the boots smile.gif

Will sort that out later, many thanks again citysign.GIF

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Dec 4 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #24

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

QUOTE (GaroldBlue @ Dec 4 2009, 10:40 AM) *
QUOTE (Achmed Lad @ Dec 4 2009, 10:34 AM) *

haha, there was a bloke stood near me who must of bought half of the yellow book of tickets, he got dead excited every time a yellow ticket was pulled out but he won nothing. biggrin.gif

I put the hard sell on the yellows. The sense of involvement and the feeling of togetherness from those buying them was beautiful.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GaroldBlue
post Dec 4 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #25

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Scott @ Dec 4 2009, 10:41 AM) *
Excellent night, should be alot more events like that. Well done to Banksy and all of the CFU.

Ended up winning in the raffle and buying a signed pair of Ryan Lowe's boots in the auction biggrin.gif

Got Gary Talbot's autograph for my Grandad who's in a care home and has followed the blues home and away all his life.

Made up, I owe the CFU £5 as they never had change when I bought the boots smile.gif

Will sort that out later, many thanks again citysign.GIF

good luck squeezing into them. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 10:53 PM