Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Sunday League Forum
Guest_Greeny_*
post Jan 4 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #1

Guests

Not sure if this should be on the off topic board but I'll fire away.

I've set up a new forum covering the Chester & District Sunday League which can be accessed at...

http://cdsl.proboards84.com

The idea is fairly basic - somewhere for anybody who plays/follows the league to meet up have a chat, maybe some intelligent discussions and probably a fair bit of banter. I know a few of the regular DC guys are involved either with the ISA or Werburghs and there are probably more besides.

It's also got a section for discussing everyday events in Chester (women, beer, curry) and music if it tickles your fancy.

Any feedback appreciated - did I waste a whole day of work's time!?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jan 4 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #2

Guests

Who do you play for?

+Quote Post
Guest_Greeny_*
post Jan 4 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #3

Guests

Eight Rights, top of Section C at the moment so going quite nicely. We've got our own fairly basic website at http://www.soccerweekend.com/eightrights if anybody is interested.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jan 4 2006, 04:08 PM
Post #4

Guests

Fancy losing so we can catch you? our website is www.web-teams.co.uk then type in st. werburghs

+Quote Post
Guest_Greeny_*
post Jan 4 2006, 04:15 PM
Post #5

Guests

biggrin.gif Maybe when the league is in the bag!

To be fair your lot have come as close as anybody to beating us in the league so far, thank goodness for that late penalty!

+Quote Post
Mike Griffiths
post Jan 4 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #6

1st team captain

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1044

Cheers Greeny, nice one. A couple of us werburghs boys will be on soon, quality idea.
Our web site is www.web-teams.co.uk/stwerburghspcfc if u fancy having a look. We have about half the team who r chester fans, u might recognise a few from behind the goal.

--------------------
Chester FC - Its the future

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Jan 4 2006, 11:55 PM
Post #7

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 11

It's a great idea. Been on and registered. A few of the lads have mailed us saying they are going to as well so should be good. I've posted a little musical present on there for opening night.

Watch your backs, you only beat us cos of a divot in front of a stand in keeper and we've improved since... See you soon mate, say hiya to sarny for us.

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
Greeny
post Jan 5 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #8

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2039

Thanks for the positive feedback so far everybody - it proves my day was not a total waste!

Think this season is turning out to be one of the best in Section C for a while. Ourselves, Werburghs, the ISA and Bromfield will realistically all in with a chance of promotion - beats seeing one team running away with it.

Please feel free to drop by the website (once again it's http://cdsl.proboards84.com) and register. Had several members already which is a pleasant surprise!

+Quote Post
Mike Griffiths
post Jan 5 2006, 06:19 PM
Post #9

1st team captain

Its nice to see the 3 clubs with a lot of chester fans in, eight rights, st werburgh's and chester ISA as the top 3, shows there is some talent on the terraces!!!!!!
Should be an interesting game next week Werburgh's vs ISA, always quality matches, no better than the one we played on the Deva Stadium.
Eight Rights were similar against us NWAS, 2 dodgy penalties to beat us 3-2 and Greeny himself made 4 or 5 quality saves.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mike Griffiths
post Jan 6 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #10

1st team captain

U r missing a result off your site Greeny, what was the score in the Black Dog vs MBNA match?

--------------------

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Jan 8 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #11

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 11

Couple of Royal Oak lads are City as well. One of them is a season ticket holder by us.

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
Mike Griffiths
post Jan 8 2006, 09:43 PM
Post #12

1st team captain

QUOTE (NWAS @ Jan 8 2006, 02:10 PM)
Couple of Royal Oak lads are City as well. One of them is a season ticket holder by us.

One of the AFC Chester players plays for the Royal Oak, and their manager is a big fan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Greeny
post Jan 9 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #13

Reserve skipper

Good to see a strong Seals presence in the local leagues. Didn't Dee Rangers used to have a few City fans knocking about aswell?

Another win for the Eight Rights on Sunday, that's 10 out of 10 for the season so far. We've been given a fixture next week so I can't make the Werburghs v ISA game now - gutted! I'll stick my ticket on eBay - should be plenty of interest.

If anybody else plays for or is involved with a side in the league then the website address again is...

http:/cdsl.proboards84.com

I've updated the most recent fixtures and some results. Will put the league table up aswell tommorrow. If anybody is interested in the state of local football then it's worth a visit to see how things are going.

Also, major debate going on at the moment about which is the best curry house in Chester - feel free to drop by, regsiter and vote!

+Quote Post
Heartbreak Kid
post Jan 9 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1435

QUOTE (Greeny @ Jan 9 2006, 11:27 AM)
Good to see a strong Seals presence in the local leagues. Didn't Dee Rangers used to have a few City fans knocking about aswell?

Another win for the Eight Rights on Sunday, that's 10 out of 10 for the season so far. We've been given a fixture next week so I can't make the Werburghs v ISA game now - gutted! I'll stick my ticket on eBay - should be plenty of interest.

If anybody else plays for or is involved with a side in the league then the website address again is...

http:/cdsl.proboards84.com

I've updated the most recent fixtures and some results. Will put the league table up aswell tommorrow. If anybody is interested in the state of local football then it's worth a visit to see how things are going.

Also, major debate going on at the moment about which is the best curry house in Chester - feel free to drop by, regsiter and vote!

Who are the top side in Chester sunday league?

--------------------
WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT SON, AND GET YOUR FATHERS GUN, AND SHOOT THE Wr**h*m SCUM, SHOOT THE Wr**h*m SCUM!!!!

+Quote Post
Greeny
post Jan 9 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

The upto date league tables should be on the website either tommorrow or Wednesday. If I remember rightly Blacon Mail are top of Section A at the moment and are (in my opinion) the best side in Chester.

The likes of FC Boughton, Vicars Cross Dynamos, The Lache and The Gamekeeper are also pretty strong. Not to mention Eight Right Rangers, top of Section C with a 100% record so far.

+Quote Post
Heartbreak Kid
post Jan 9 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

Are Saltney Ferry still a good side? They had some tasty players a couple of seasons ago!!!

I've heard FC Boughton are a good side, Do they still have allot of Christleton players playing for them?

--------------------
WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT SON, AND GET YOUR FATHERS GUN, AND SHOOT THE Wr**h*m SCUM, SHOOT THE Wr**h*m SCUM!!!!

+Quote Post
Greeny
post Jan 9 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #17

Reserve skipper

The Ferry are in a relegation battle this season. In the past they always had the best players because they are registered with the Welsh F.A. - therefore they are the only club who can sign players who play in the League of Wales. A lot of the local lads who played "over the border" have since returned to the likes of Blacon Youth & Christleton so they were free to sign for anybody. It used to be a bit of contentious issue with the other clubs as you can imagine.

Boughton are still a good side and several of their players do also ply their trade with Christleton. It's usually fairly close between them and the Mail - this season will probably be no different.

+Quote Post
Heartbreak Kid
post Jan 9 2006, 01:07 PM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

Oh right, A couple of blokes who involved with the Saltney Ferry team approached my teams manager about becming there manager - He knocked them back though.

Are Eight Rights Rangers in the same league as Ship Victory? We 0play them every pre-season!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Greeny
post Jan 9 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #19

Reserve skipper

Not at the moment. It's Eight Rights first season in the league so we are in Section C at the moment whereas the Ship Victory are second in Section B.

We did play them in the league cup earlier in the season and they beat us 4 - 3 after extra time in a thriller. We fought back from 3 - 0 down and then one of their lads bagged a wonder goal to win it - typical. Thats the "magic of the cup" I guess.

+Quote Post
Heartbreak Kid
post Jan 9 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

Oh right, Well best of luck for the rest of the season mate.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 11:20 PM