Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Official Euro 2008 Betting Thread
Mancot Blue
post Jun 7 2008, 03:34 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 173

The 2008 European Championship is now upon us, and without our less-than-glorious nation involved in Austria and Switzerland, gamblers like myself are looking for other ways and means of enjoying the tournament - mainly through blowing their life savings on Ciprian Marica to finish the tournament's top scorer, or on Holland/Spain/any other perennial under-achieving side to win the whole thing.

We want more than the boring old 'outright winner' tag. Team achievements, team failures, top scorers, tournament statistics... the list goes on. In-play betting also offers a wealth of tantalising options.

So come on Ron Seal, Pottsy, Anders, and anybody else 'in the know'... where's the good money going? Where's the lunatic money going? Any tips? Anything to avoid?

All Euro 2008 betting talk goes in here. Let us share each other's knowledge and/or blind, uneducated punts. Day by day. Match by match. Minute by minute.

Most of all, have a fun summer of betting!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ThomasSoccerfan1...
post Jun 7 2008, 06:18 AM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3407

My bet is easy and will be correct biggrin.gif
GERMAN will win the European Championship 2008
GERMANY GERMANY GERMANY GERMANY GERMANY GERMANY GERMANY biggrin.gif
COME ON GERMANY COME ON GERMANY COME ON GERMANY biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Jun 7 2008, 09:06 AM
Post #3

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

I'm on a Czech, Portugal, Croatia, Germany fourfold this weekend, looks a good chance.

This post has been edited by ANDERS: Jun 7 2008, 09:06 AM

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Jun 7 2008, 10:21 AM
Post #4

Sept 7 1968 a Great day for Football
Group Icon

Member No.: 777

I, Colin Potts Devachats finest tipster am on :

Overall : SPAIN

Groups : Germany,Spain,Portugal to win their groups. Forget the Italy,France,Holland one

Top Scorer : All points to Klose. Great major tournament record. Weak group with guaranteed qualifiaction. Assuming they win the group its 2nd in Group A next which will be Swiss or Czechs so semi finals at least for Klose.

Swiss look good value at 2/1 to get a point off the Czechs today

4 fold :

PORTUGAL - Turkey
GERMANY - Poland
SWEDEN - Greece
CROATIA - Austria

Oh and Hills are giving away free money on the cricket today. New Zealand to get less than 172 in 1st innings at 6/5

--------------------

Legend - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gannon

Sir Danny Bergara 1943 - 2007 R.I.P.

+Quote Post
big Russ
post Jun 7 2008, 10:30 AM
Post #5

1st team sub

Member No.: 2122

QUOTE (Colin Potts @ Jun 7 2008, 11:21 AM) *

Groups : Germany,Spain,Portugal to win their groups. Forget the Italy,France,Holland one

Top Scorer : All points to Klose. Great major tournament record. Weak group with guaranteed qualifiaction. Assuming they win the group its 2nd in Group A next which will be Swiss or Czechs so semi finals at least for Klose.

4 fold :

PORTUGAL - Turkey
GERMANY - Poland
SWEDEN - Greece
CROATIA - Austria

Oh and Hills are giving away free money on the cricket today. New Zealand to get less than 172 in 1st innings at 6/5

ive just had 20 on klose at 10/1,and i will be cheering on the dutch.

+Quote Post
Langley Mill Blu...
post Jun 7 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #6

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 71

Mario Gomes to finish top scorer and Germany to win 45/1

--------------------
You've got nothing to say and your saying it TOO LOUD!

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Jun 7 2008, 11:15 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Langley Mill Blue @ Jun 7 2008, 11:53 AM) *
Mario Gomes to finish top scorer and Germany to win 45/1

I was thinking of Gomes. Just wasn't 100 % sure he'd be guaranteed to start each game ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Jun 7 2008, 11:18 AM
Post #8

Chester legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 701

The only bet i'll be having is a £2 sweep stake in work in which i got Holland cityscarf.gif

So 2 teams i'll be chearing on, Holland and Greece cityscarf.gif

Oh and anyone who plays Germany smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Jun 7 2008, 11:36 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

4 fold :

PORTUGAL - Turkey
GERMANY - Poland
SWEDEN - Greece
CROATIA - Austria

Decent enough selection there, except for Spain outright winner! I think it's hard to look past Klose for tournament's top scorer, and as far as the opening four games this weekend go you're looking at wins for Portugal and Germany but the other two games are pretty tricky. I fancy Switzerland to at least claim a point against the Czechs.

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Jun 7 2008, 11:45 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mancot Blue @ Jun 7 2008, 12:36 PM) *

4 fold :

PORTUGAL - Turkey
GERMANY - Poland
SWEDEN - Greece
CROATIA - Austria

Decent enough selection there, except for Spain outright winner! I think it's hard to look past Klose for tournament's top scorer, and as far as the opening four games this weekend go you're looking at wins for Portugal and Germany but the other two games are pretty tricky. I fancy Switzerland to at least claim a point against the Czechs.

I'm only going small on Spain. The main reason being I've bet on them for the last 3 or 4 tournaments. If I'm not on them and they win I'll be gutted ! Although this time they do seem to have a genuine chance.

Swiss are being overlooked. Decent performance in the last World Cup and home advantage means they must be taken seriously.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Jun 7 2008, 11:59 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

I believe every home nation has reached the semi-finals since the Euro's began. Austria are likely to finish bottom of their group, and their own supporters wanted them to pull out of the tournament to save any embarrassment. Switzerland are under-rated and they could well dump the Czechs out in the group stage.

A Portugal/Switzerland/Croatia/Germany four-fold will currently get you £26 off a £2 bet.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jun 7 2008, 12:06 PM
Post #12

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

4 fold :

PORTUGAL - Turkey
GERMANY - Poland
SWEDEN - Greece
CROATIA - Austria

I shall be in Malta,so i don't care,but i have a feeling i won't be able to get away from it! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Jun 7 2008, 01:02 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mancot Blue @ Jun 7 2008, 12:59 PM) *
I believe every home nation has reached the semi-finals since the Euro's began. Austria are likely to finish bottom of their group, and their own supporters wanted them to pull out of the tournament to save any embarrassment. Switzerland are under-rated and they could well dump the Czechs out in the group stage.

A Portugal/Switzerland/Croatia/Germany four-fold will currently get you £26 off a £2 bet.

gone with the above but with a Swiss draw.

--------------------

+Quote Post
the rix 182
post Jun 7 2008, 01:20 PM
Post #14

Deva Chats Sexiest

Member No.: 250

my bets for euros so far are as follows

france at 12-1 $20

switzerland each way at 25-1 $10

czech rep not to qualify from from group 4/1 $10

top scorer

David villa 16-1 $10

Hugo almedia 40-1 $5

Alexnder frie 50-1 $5

Frank Ribery 80/-1 $5

switz will win tonight as will portugal

--------------------
have you had enough? i guess not coz your lips are stuck to mine

+Quote Post
Mike
post Jun 7 2008, 01:32 PM
Post #15

Occupier of G126
Group Icon

Member No.: 3145

If you're right, there's serious money to be made. Back Switzerland at 33/1 on betfair, then lay them at 4/1 when they make the semis. You can't lose.
I intend to do this with Russia, currently 26/1.

--------------------
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” - Teddy Roosevelt.

+Quote Post
Alan
post Jun 7 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2483

QUOTE (Mike @ Jun 7 2008, 02:32 PM) *

If you're right, there's serious money to be made. Back Switzerland at 33/1 on betfair, then lay them at 4/1 when they make the semis. You can't lose.

My tip also.

--------------------
Alan Povey
Chairman of City Fans United
Email: alan.povey@chesterfc.com
Twitter: @AJPovey83

+Quote Post
toj
post Jun 7 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #17

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 1445

QUOTE (ThomasSoccerfan1982 @ Jun 7 2008, 07:18 AM) *
My bet is easy and will be correct biggrin.gif
GERMAN will win the European Championship 2008
GERMANY GERMANY GERMANY GERMANY GERMANY GERMANY GERMANY biggrin.gif
COME ON GERMANY COME ON GERMANY COME ON GERMANY biggrin.gif

GERMANY WILL WIN F*CK ALL wink.gif

--------------------
RUNNER UP IN THE CHRONICLE FACE IN THE CROWD COMPETITION ON 3 OCCASIONS

FRIEND OF ALMOST BLUE AND CHESTER 68

ENEMY OF THE "POLITICALLY CORRECT" AND OVER ZEALOUS MODERATORS

THOMAS SOCCERFAN 1982 IST MEIN BESTER FREUND....ICH LIEBE DEUTSCHE

+Quote Post
jack
post Jun 7 2008, 01:44 PM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3692

The Dark Horses surely must be greece or even Romania?

Greece got more points than any other side in qualification and Romania finnished above holland and took 4 point of them, showing they are no push overs

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Jun 7 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #19

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

The problem is they wouldn't be 4/1 in the semis, they'd probably still be about 12/1 or bigger if the big guns were still in.

Romania have to be the best outsiders, but can they squeak through that group?

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Jun 7 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

4 fold :

PORTUGAL - Turkey
GERMANY - Poland
SWEDEN - Greece
CROATIA - Austria

Anyone take Hills free money today ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mike
post Jun 7 2008, 02:32 PM
Post #21

Occupier of G126
Group Icon

Member No.: 3145

QUOTE (Ron Seal @ Jun 7 2008, 03:07 PM) *

The problem is they wouldn't be 4/1 in the semis, they'd probably still be about 12/1 or bigger if the big guns were still in.

I cant see any team being 12/1 with only four remaining. Anyhow, it doesn't affect the logic - I think Russia will get out of their group and have backed them at 27 to do so. Even if the odds only go to 12, I'll still lay them at that.

--------------------
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” - Teddy Roosevelt.

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Jun 7 2008, 02:39 PM
Post #22

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

QUOTE (Mike @ Jun 7 2008, 03:32 PM) *

I cant see any team being 12/1 with only four remaining. Anyhow, it doesn't affect the logic - I think Russia will get out of their group and have backed them at 27 to do so. Even if the odds only go to 12, I'll still lay them at that.

If the others were the likes of Germany, Spain, France, Holland or Portugal then they certainly would still be about 12/1. Then you're only getting about 5/4 on them making the semis...not value in my book. Can't see Russia or Switzerland making an impact at all anyway.

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Jun 7 2008, 03:04 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (Ron Seal @ Jun 7 2008, 03:39 PM) *
QUOTE (Mike @ Jun 7 2008, 03:32 PM) *

If the others were the likes of Germany, Spain, France, Holland or Portugal then they certainly would still be about 12/1. Then you're only getting about 5/4 on them making the semis...not value in my book. Can't see Russia or Switzerland making an impact at all anyway.

russia may well make it out of an average group but they'll then play France,Holland or Italy and I cant see them getting past those 3

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Kabul Kowboy
post Jun 7 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #24

What is going on, eh?
Group Icon

Member No.: 903

Romania is my outside bet - make that my only bet.

--------------------
The future's murky.

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Jun 7 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

£20 on Germany to win outright.

£5 on Klose to finish top scorer.

£3 on Germany to win outright AND Klose top scorer.

£3 on Portugal/Germany/Croatia weekend three-fold.

£2 on Switzerland/Portugal/Germany/Croatia weekend four-fold.

Wish me luck!

+Quote Post

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2019 - 09:19 PM