Total Votes: 2
Guests cannot vote 
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 10 2018, 06:40 AM
Post #1

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

We are on the road again tomorrow afternoon as we make the journey to Blyth Spartans in what will be our longest trip of the season.Really can’t wait for this after a brilliant night out on Monday. We fully deserved that victory which puts us in a great position going into Saturday. Blyth doesn’t seem too far away, but this will actually be our longest trip of the season although I hope that we can take another strong following up there.

In all fairness the league table means absolutely zilch at this stage, but we are sitting in 3rd place whilst Blyth Spartans are joint-bottom, so we should be expecting to make it two away wins in a row (it must’ve been donkeys of years ago since we last achieved that feat). Still though, I think that this will be another tough test for us as Blyth had a decent campaign last time out, and will be hoping to be in and around the top 10 come April.

Let’s just hope that we can come home from Northumberland with another 3 points which would make the table look a pretty sight. This match will be segregated, so I’m presuming that we will take a healthy following of a couple of hundred after winning on Monday. Can’t wait, bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come On City!
Score: Blyth Spartans 0-2 Chester FC (Dudley, Tuton)
Attendance: 1,255 (330 Chester)
COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 10 2018, 04:12 PM
Post #2

1st team regular

My match preview:
https://youtu.be/5XIXSkaqk_M

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Aug 11 2018, 03:22 PM
Post #3

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

Nightmare match. Don't think anything else needs to be said. Reaction on tuesday will be interesting.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Aug 11 2018, 04:45 PM
Post #4

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

One off result, hopefully. Shows what you can get with young lads who are part-time players. No point crucifying them, they’ll feel bad enough as it is. Might even have done us a favour if it’s revealed a weakness in our tactics.

Let’s move on to Tuesday.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 11 2018, 05:48 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Words can simply not describe what I have had to put up with today. That performance was beyond shocking, and puts the Halifax and Kidderminster performances into perspective. I have not saw anything like that in my time as a Chester FC supporter.

Blyth Spartans were nothing special really, but we made them look like Barcelona; it was that easy. In my opinion they were the type of side who would just hoof the ball up in a normal game... a normal game this was not. We constantly gave the ball away for fun. Where was the blood and sweat from Monday night? Where was the desire from Monday night? Where was the togetherness from Monday night? NOWHERE!!! I thought that we undergone a clean slate during the Summer and built a side that would fight for every single ball. There was just nothing in us at all today, and I don’t know what has caused this catastrophe to happen. We gave the ball away more frequently than we passed it, we shown no fighting spirit at all, we seemed incredibly lost and disjointed, I can go on...

It’s obvious that this current formation does not work, as all of our players didn’t know what to do with themselves for the whole game. I will be watching with great interest to find out how our managers will turn this tragedy around as they weren’t used to situations like this at there former clubs. Maybe as this season goes on we will be competent but come on, this is Blyth Spartans we are talking about here, a side who were in the EBAC League not so long ago. Even Liverpool managed to score less than them.

I still believe that we will go onto have a decent season, but if we carry on playing like this then we will be staring into oblivion. This result has seriously brought me back down to earth and made me realise that results like this can happen. I am extremely proud to be a Chester FC supporter and will be forever, but for the sake of tonight, I feel absolutely embarrassed.

We must focus on Kidderminster now. That name is still giving me shivers from last season and I will be curious to see how we react to today’s nightmare as the attendance might be affected too.

What an excruciatingly bad day to be a Chester FC supporter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Aug 11 2018, 06:18 PM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

sack the board

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Aug 11 2018, 11:52 PM
Post #7

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

Are Blyth part time as well? Really serious problems you really can’t call a defeat like this a one off! It is a really a serious case of miiss management all round, I thought we was on an upward curve, but to get knocked out so easily well I think it’s done it for a number of fans besides me! 3 games doesn’t usually call for managers heads!! This is unacceptable in any business!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Aug 12 2018, 08:51 AM
Post #8

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Aug 12 2018, 12:52 AM) *
Nightmare match. Don't think anything else needs to be said. Reaction on tuesday will be interesting.

I think something more does need to be said.

Nightmare may be a correct statement to make however what happened is a severe disrespect for the shirt of Chester FC. Those who play football wearing the shirt as a Chester club player have demonstrated their disrespect by such a lack of performance. Such a lack of fight is deplorable whatever the team's playing arrangements were. You can not entirely blame the system but only themselves for this non-performance to our required standards. Obviously in the time since the duo of managers were appointed and the time taken in finding these players and commencing playing together they have not yet gelled as a team that is truly representative of the CHESTER football club. That needs to be drummed into them before we supporters can accept their hitherto woeful offerings. The players need to find some PRIDE in playing for Chester FC. That performance on Saturday lacked any PRIDE whatsoever in playing for CHESTER FC. I can not expect that skill to be acquired overnight or in three days time for the game against Kidderminster Harriers but showing SOME EFFORT would be an essential to display on the way to trying to recover from the serious damage that has been done to the RESPECT we demand for paying their wages when they play for CHESTER FC.

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Aug 12 2018, 12:06 PM
Post #9

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

QUOTE (JamesDee @ Aug 12 2018, 09:51 AM) *
QUOTE (The Annexe @ Aug 12 2018, 12:52 AM) *

I think something more does need to be said.

Nightmare may be a correct statement to make however what happened is a severe disrespect for the shirt of Chester FC. Those who play football wearing the shirt as a Chester club player have demonstrated their disrespect by such a lack of performance. Such a lack of fight is deplorable whatever the team's playing arrangements were. You can not entirely blame the system but only themselves for this non-performance to our required standards. Obviously in the time since the duo of managers were appointed and the time taken in finding these players and commencing playing together they have not yet gelled as a team that is truly representative of the CHESTER football club. That needs to be drummed into them before we supporters can accept their hitherto woeful offerings. The players need to find some PRIDE in playing for Chester FC. That performance on Saturday lacked any PRIDE whatsoever in playing for CHESTER FC. I can not expect that skill to be acquired overnight or in three days time for the game against Kidderminster Harriers but showing SOME EFFORT would be an essential to display on the way to trying to recover from the serious damage that has been done to the RESPECT we demand for paying their wages when they play for CHESTER FC.

Well said, I feel for the fans who made the long trip down to witness such a shambles of a performance, I honestly thought we was on an upward curve after Monday’s result but this truly is unacceptable.

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 12 2018, 12:38 PM
Post #10

1st team regular

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Aug 11 2018, 07:18 PM) *
sack the board

Behave.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 12 2018, 03:02 PM
Post #11

1st team regular

Match highlights:
https://youtu.be/fWO_OKLAwGU

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Aug 12 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #12

1st team regular

Looking at the (very limited) action in the highlights, the overriding impression was 'very lethargic', as if they'd just climbed off the coach after an eight hour journey.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 12 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #13

1st team regular

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Aug 12 2018, 04:47 PM) *
Looking at the (very limited) action in the highlights, the overriding impression was 'very lethargic', as if they'd just climbed off the coach after an eight hour journey.

In what way was it ‘’very limited’’? 😀.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Aug 13 2018, 12:30 AM
Post #14

1st team regular

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Aug 12 2018, 11:38 PM) *

I was looking at the official footage on the Vanarama site. By definition only four minutes footage out of the ninety is 'very limited'. The impression it left might have been misleading, it simply looked lethargic - not an aspect of the team evident in pre-season nor the Spennymoor/Curzon games.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 13 2018, 06:25 AM
Post #15

1st team regular

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Aug 13 2018, 01:30 AM) *
QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Aug 12 2018, 11:38 PM) *

I was looking at the official footage on the Vanarama site. By definition only four minutes footage out of the ninety is 'very limited'. The impression it left might have been misleading, it simply looked lethargic - not an aspect of the team evident in pre-season nor the Spennymoor/Curzon games.

I see your point now 👍.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2018 - 12:18 AM