post May 21 2014, 10:11 AM
Post #26

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 5322

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_W7tUSDhww

This on is for all the none believers best bit 2:17-2:38

--------------------
George Whitebread I like What i Say !! and ill say what i bloody well like!!

Rule Britannia ! My country Long Before England Wales and Scotland were invented !!!!

"DEVA" The Capital of Britannia ! Capital of the universe!!

"Chester Fan Born and bred Strong in Mind Good in Bed"

Dr Jekyll is and always has been Mike Hunt!

Why I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Posters on here!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post May 21 2014, 12:26 PM
Post #27

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

Most of the non believers also happen to be N.Y. apologists

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post May 21 2014, 08:02 PM
Post #28

Exiled in York

Member No.: 765

QUOTE (dr jekyll @ May 21 2014, 11:11 AM) *

Christ Stalybridges defence was shocking that day, we were gifted all 6 of those goals. Shows the gulf in quality between the conference north and the conference premier. Some of our touches really were poor in the build up to some of those goals and were still able to come away with a big win. Absolutely no way we could have got away with some of those mistakes in the conference premier yet there are a large number of our fans who seem to think we would have done far better with that squad. We may have dominated the conference north but some of the teams we were playing really were utter crap.

+Quote Post
dr jekyll
post May 21 2014, 08:14 PM
Post #29

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ May 21 2014, 09:02 PM) *

Christ Stalybridges defence was shocking that day, we were gifted all 6 of those goals. Shows the gulf in quality between the conference north and the conference premier. Some of our touches really were poor in the build up to some of those goals and were still able to come away with a big win. Absolutely no way we could have got away with some of those mistakes in the conference premier yet there are a large number of our fans who seem to think we would have done far better with that squad. We may have dominated the conference north but some of the teams we were playing really were utter crap.

Stalybridge were full time! it just shows what a great team we had!! our Team lost at home this year to a team at the bottom of this division ,they were called BARROW .
Talk about Goldfish!!!!

--------------------

Rule Britannia ! My country Long Before England Wales and Scotland were invented !!!!

Why I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Posters on here!!

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post May 21 2014, 08:24 PM
Post #30

Exiled in York

QUOTE (dr jekyll @ May 21 2014, 09:14 PM) *

Stalybridge were full time! it just shows what a great team we had!! our Team lost at home this year to a team at the bottom of this division ,they were called BARROW .
Talk about Goldfish!!!!

Which would suggest that going full time may not be the key to success. Better to get decent part timers than crap full timers.

+Quote Post
g spot
post May 21 2014, 08:31 PM
Post #31

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9008

When did Ian Howard leave? huh.gif

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post May 21 2014, 08:39 PM
Post #32

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

Talk about Goldfish!!!!

Stalybridge also lost to Workington 4-1 twice last season, how great were they?

It is striking watching that video though having watched a season of conference premier football, how bad Stalybridge were defensively and the amount of time and space we had, as much a joy it was, that win didn't take much at all.

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
dr jekyll
post May 21 2014, 09:59 PM
Post #33

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (ANDERS @ May 21 2014, 09:39 PM) *

Talk about Goldfish!!!!

It is striking watching that video though having watched a season of conference premier football, how bad Stalybridge were defensively and the amount of time and space we had, as much a joy it was, that win didn't take much at all.

What a load of old cobblers!!!! the TEAM we had that day would have finished above mid table this year just like the other 3 promoted TEAMS did .

The Stalybridge defence were so bad that season ERM!!!!???? how did the do against Halifax? rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
waggoner
post May 21 2014, 10:23 PM
Post #34

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3538

Talk about Goldfish!!!!

yea FULL TIME INEXPERIENCED KIDS!!

+Quote Post
Treeny
post May 21 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #35

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3547

Halifax didn't do too bad.

--------------------
Chester City Football Club

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post May 21 2014, 10:54 PM
Post #36

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

QUOTE (dr jekyll @ May 21 2014, 10:59 PM) *

Talk about Goldfish!!!!

What a load of old cobblers!!!! the TEAM we had that day would have finished above mid table this year just like the other 3 promoted TEAMS did .

The Stalybridge defence were so bad that season ERM!!!!???? how did the do against Halifax? rolleyes.gif

What’s cobblers? I’ve not mentioned about how I feel last year’s team would have fared this season, you’re plucking things from thin air…again.

Stalybridge were a very inconsistent youthful side last season, they took a fair number of beatings as well as gaining decent results here and there. That win was easy which didn't take much, that's all I've said.

I gave up debating about last season’s team a while ago, there’s nothing I can say that will change your mind and likewise you with me. I look back fondly on last year and now look forward, you can keep dragging up the same old line with that chip on your shoulder for the rest of your life though, for all I care.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fellows92
post May 21 2014, 11:11 PM
Post #37

1st team sub

Member No.: 5662

Starting to realise why I haven't posted on here in years... rolleyes.gif

Yes, Iain Howard was a good asset at Evo-Stik level, but was found out on a number of occasions in the Conference North. If he ever got the ball down the wing, 100% of the time the byline would be headed for, which would result in us being awarded a throw-in due to him running out of ideas and playing the ball off an opponent.

Don't think it's a coincidence that he's now been released by Stockport. Some people need to let go...

+Quote Post
Lobster
post May 22 2014, 06:56 AM
Post #38

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

The Conference North season's time was odd in a way. Even though we ran away with the league, we rarely played brilliantly. Often, like with that Stalybridge game, we would blitz teams in the first half then relax in the second, basically conserving our energy for the next game. 6-2 didn't reflect our dominance at all in that game.

We played Halifax four times that season, and they probably looked a better side than us on all four occasions, but they only won once against us, which suggests that we had the know-how and individual brilliance (mainly Sarcevic) to get results without playing well.

For me, the most enjoyable season was the Evo Stik Premier one. We were impressive and entertaining week in, week out.

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post May 22 2014, 07:25 AM
Post #39

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (XWWB @ May 22 2014, 07:56 AM) *
The Conference North season's time was odd in a way. Even though we ran away with the league, we rarely played brilliantly. Often, like with that Stalybridge game, we would blitz teams in the first half then relax in the second, basically conserving our energy for the next game. 6-2 didn't reflect our dominance at all in that game.

We played Halifax four times that season, and they probably looked a better side than us on all four occasions, but they only won once against us, which suggests that we had the know-how and individual brilliance (mainly Sarcevic) to get results without playing well.

For me, the most enjoyable season was the Evo Stik Premier one. We were impressive and entertaining week in, week out.

Agreed and our support peaked that season.

+Quote Post
dr jekyll
post May 22 2014, 09:38 AM
Post #40

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (ANDERS @ May 21 2014, 11:54 PM) *

Talk about Goldfish!!!!

It is striking watching that video though having watched a season of conference premier football, how bad Stalybridge were defensively and the amount of time and space we had, as much a joy it was, that win didn't take much at all

What’s cobblers? I’ve not mentioned about how I feel last year’s team would have fared this season, you’re plucking things from thin air…again.

Stalybridge were a very inconsistent youthful side last season, they took a fair number of beatings as well as gaining decent results here and there. That win was easy which didn't take much, that's all I've said.

I gave up debating about last season’s team a while ago, there’s nothing I can say that will change your mind and likewise you with me. I look back fondly on last year and now look forward, you can keep dragging up the same old line with that chip on your shoulder for the rest of your life though, for all I care.

The old Cobblers referal was aimed at your "That Win Was Easy Which didn't Take Much" its a very narrow minded view and amounts to a defamation of how good that TEAM actually was at that time !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post May 22 2014, 10:34 AM
Post #41

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

QUOTE (dr jekyll @ May 22 2014, 10:38 AM) *

Talk about Goldfish!!!!

It is striking watching that video though having watched a season of conference premier football, how bad Stalybridge were defensively and the amount of time and space we had, as much a joy it was, that win didn't take much at all

The old Cobblers referal was aimed at your "That Win Was Easy Which didn't Take Much" its a very narrow minded view and amounts to a defamation of how good that TEAM actually was at that time !!

Of course the team was good, who's disputing that?

But on that day just look at Stalybridge's defending, it's f**king appalling, I bet our lads laughed their way home that afternoon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TomCCFC87
post May 22 2014, 01:08 PM
Post #42

Exiled in York

QUOTE (ANDERS @ May 22 2014, 11:34 AM) *

Talk about Goldfish!!!!

But on that day just look at Stalybridge's defending, it's f**king appalling, I bet our lads laughed their way home that afternoon.

None of those goals would have got as far as a chance in the conference prem. The build up to our first goal was a catalogue of errors on both sides.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post May 22 2014, 04:06 PM
Post #43

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (TomCCFC87 @ May 22 2014, 02:08 PM) *
QUOTE (ANDERS @ May 22 2014, 11:34 AM) *

Talk about Goldfish!!!!

None of those goals would have got as far as a chance in the conference prem. The build up to our first goal was a catalogue of errors on both sides.

Don't know, I saw a lot of crap played last season - admittedly mostly from us!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2019 - 11:50 PM