Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Managerial situation
Gizmo's Dad
post May 1 2018, 11:02 AM
Post #1

1st team legend

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2738

...apparently talks still going on and neither side prepared to wait much longer! According to Dave on Twitter.

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3mm
post May 1 2018, 12:44 PM
Post #2

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

So why say on Saturday the new manager will be unveiled in the next two days?

Brewery, piss up, organise, couldn't.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post May 1 2018, 04:35 PM
Post #3

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

your right there sums up the season really
http://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/chester_f...ter_FC_manager/
https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/fo...ssions-14600810

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post May 2 2018, 09:51 AM
Post #4

1st team legend

Turning into a farce!

--------------------

+Quote Post
chester2004
post May 2 2018, 10:53 AM
Post #5

Youth team

Member No.: 12773

Been a breakthrough and positive talks something may happen in the next 48 hours however if not then plan b

+Quote Post
Martin Williams
post May 3 2018, 11:22 AM
Post #6

Youth team

Member No.: 5218

This is not going at all well. We haven't had any previous problems in this area since er.........last month when the Board managed to lose two national league north winning managers in less than a fortnight in far from ideal circumstances.

Not exactly a stellar track record.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post May 3 2018, 11:26 AM
Post #7

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

I'm glad the club have stood firm and not caved in to the chosen applicant.

To briefly repeat what I said on the other forum, the big challenge will be convincing fans this is a better appointment than Bignot and/or Young, as Martin says above. In isolation, the club haven't done much wrong here really, but it the context of recent months, it would have been nice if this had gone a bit more smoothly!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post May 5 2018, 12:22 PM
Post #8

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Neil Redfearn asking for to much, move on, get someone in who knows lower league football, we need to get a manager in ASAP, Give it to Reedy lets get a bit of passion into our club again

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post May 10 2018, 10:50 PM
Post #9

1st team legend

Ian sharps for me

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post May 11 2018, 03:23 AM
Post #10

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ May 5 2018, 09:52 PM) *
Neil Redfearn asking for too much, move on, get someone in who knows lower league football, we need to get a manager in ASAP, Give it to Reedy lets get a bit of passion into our club again

How can you know these two statements (name and money required) be true unless there has been irresponsible leakages from a Board member?
And how can Gizmo know (if this is true) that Sharps is on the list of applicants for the same reason?

Or, are you both rather just surmising and making this up in order to fill in the silence that is going on?

+Quote Post
dr jekyll
post May 11 2018, 06:49 AM
Post #11

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5322

QUOTE (Gizmo's Dad @ May 10 2018, 11:50 PM) *
Ian sharps for me

Andy Holden for me if we could get him,he ticks all the boxes over time he would build Chester back to a functioning League Club.

--------------------
George Whitebread I like What i Say !! and ill say what i bloody well like!!

Rule Britannia ! My country Long Before England Wales and Scotland were invented !!!!

"DEVA" The Capital of Britannia ! Capital of the universe!!

"Chester Fan Born and bred Strong in Mind Good in Bed"

Dr Jekyll is and always has been Mike Hunt!

Why I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Posters on here!!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post May 11 2018, 07:59 AM
Post #12

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (JamesDee @ May 11 2018, 04:23 AM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ May 5 2018, 09:52 PM) *
Neil Redfearn asking for too much, move on, get someone in who knows lower league football, we need to get a manager in ASAP, Give it to Reedy lets get a bit of passion into our club again

How can you know these two statements (name and money required) be true unless there has been irresponsible leakages from a Board member?
And how can Gizmo know (if this is true) that Sharps is on the list of applicants for the same reason?

Or, are you both rather just surmising and making this up in order to fill in the silence that is going on?

speculation on a fans forum ?....... how dare we.

Thanks for the contribution by the way every bit helps

+Quote Post
crystal
post May 11 2018, 11:39 AM
Post #13

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 5700

Bring back whopper that’s what I say

--------------------
BETTER TO BE BLUE

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post May 11 2018, 11:47 AM
Post #14

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

ok

+Quote Post
3mm
post May 11 2018, 12:30 PM
Post #15

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

It's looking like those in charge have got the club in such a pickle that no-one wants the job.

We'll be selling t-shirts next... "Chester FC - Hoping for good news tomorrow".

And we all know about tomorrow, don't we.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post May 11 2018, 02:29 PM
Post #16

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (3mm @ May 11 2018, 01:30 PM) *
It's looking like those in charge have got the club in such a pickle that no-one wants the job.

have to agree, my friend,
I have nothing against the current chairman whatsoever, he seems quite capable, however, how he or more importantly, his predecessors got the job has to be questioned at some point. The last two or three Chairman have been absolute plonkers, Im afraid the proof is in the pudding.
currently we elect the board and the board then elect the Chairman, well this system has failed miserably. IMO the chairman should be elected by the CFU membership having a presidential style election. This way the Chairman elect can be voted for on a clear strategy a manifesto so to speak, and he/she should be given a full term, thus creating a proper leader of our club. In my eyes this is what the Club is lacking , true leadership

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post May 12 2018, 02:47 AM
Post #17

JamesDee

QUOTE (3mm @ May 11 2018, 10:00 PM) *

"No-one wants the job" - surely that can not be true!

There are surely many applications but the real problem being that when suitable applicants are offered the job they want more money than we can afford to pay for a Conference North league club. At least that would be my best guess!

That is said in always assuming this responsible behavior by current Board members in representing the club's best interests especially financially when a previous Board spent OUR one hundred thousand pounds back-up "War chest" money on what we still have not been told about, nor when nor why this was done and on whom's recommendation and for what particular reason this decision was taken.

At least I would hope this is the cause of this apparent delay in making an appointment and if so then well done, CFU Board. They have to make sure that what little income money there is hoped for [/ in future weeks and months is properly and responsibly spent and to not let us down as the previous lot did and thereby created this current financial crisis [u]we are still in and will still be for some time yet and without that great amount of goodwill that there was when we re-started in the Guildhall. That, I assume, is the real picture as indicated by Lobsters comment earlier.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post May 12 2018, 09:00 AM
Post #18

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

agree, our outgoing CEO must bare some of the responsibility to our situation, although I feel constant boardroom resignations haven't helped, one thing is for sure running a fan owned club certainly aint easy, strong leadership is a must, and if this is not available then perhaps we may have to look at other ways of running the club.

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post May 12 2018, 10:05 AM
Post #19

JamesDee

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ May 11 2018, 11:59 PM) *
QUOTE (3mm @ May 11 2018, 01:30 PM) *

have to agree, my friend,
I have nothing against the current chairman whatsoever, he seems quite capable, however, how he or more importantly, his predecessors got the job has to be questioned at some point. The last two or three Chairman have been absolute plonkers, Im afraid the proof is in the pudding.
currently we elect the board and the board then elect the Chairman, well this system has failed miserably. IMO the chairman should be elected by the CFU membership having a presidential style election. This way the Chairman elect can be voted for on a clear strategy a manifesto so to speak, and he/she should be given a full term, thus creating a proper leader of our club. In my eyes this is what the Club is lacking , true leadership

The problem with this current system of our election process and indeed ANY system is that people don't know other sufficiently well to actually KNOW if those offering have the necessary leadership qualities required and the individual manifestos could say anything without proof. The present system being used is used in many professional organizations and is much better than the so-called "Presidential" system where there is a much greater chance of members voting without KNOWING very much about any of the candidates. At least with our current system the elected Board members (whom we CFU members mostly do not know or meet with) do meet with each other and do talk before they vote on who shall be the Chairperson.

My only suggestion to improve our current system would be not to radically change the present system but rather to make that first elected chairperson in that first Board election is for a temporary position as Chair for say just six months and hence a secret ballot would be held to confirm the appointment after that six months period. If the numbers as counted does not confirm that initial election after working with this person for six month then the process is repeated and a new temporary person is selected. Having such a required system avoids the possible nastiness under the present system of requiring someone on the Board to put forward openly a Board motion requiring the elected Chair, who may be unsatisfactory, to step down. This proposed system allows Board members to get to know each other over six months and to vote more knowingly about each other on the Board and avoids open Board criticism of the Chair but allows for changes to be made if required.

+Quote Post
3mm
post May 12 2018, 11:09 AM
Post #20

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Trouble is, they all appear to be nice people, but we end up hoping they know what they’re doing.

Experience shows that, in the main, they don’t.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post May 12 2018, 02:13 PM
Post #21

JamesDee

QUOTE (3mm @ May 12 2018, 08:39 PM) *
Trouble is, they all appear to be nice people, but we end up hoping they know what they’re doing.

Experience shows that, in the main, they don’t.

If that is true then we can only hope that someone with good quality knowhow turns up and joins the Board. And if some of the comments on what has happened this psst three years also includes the appointment of suitable administrative staff too then ...

To summarize the required leadership qualities we require we need someone (or two or three)*** who knows about:
(a) the running of the business of being a football club and its policy associated community activities
(cool.gif governing with proper management skills the club's finances and legal matters
© appointing a suitably skilled football club CEO
(d) appointing a suitably skilled football club team manager at our required level and with Board control of all contract issues
and
(e) all of whom should be very good at communicating with the CFU membership particularly and with other vitally important outside bodies such as dealing with other football clubs, sponsors, councils, police, safety health & welfare and the football league authorities, etc.

*** Like the fellow we once had (in the first and early years of the CFC restart) from MBNA (Ashton?) who got us shifted from level seven to level five by convincing argument with the FA, ie they are around but fairly rare and do not stay long enough.

+Quote Post
awaydays
post May 12 2018, 06:25 PM
Post #22

Squad player

Member No.: 12771

Over the years we have had some great board members who have contributed so much to our club , trouble is keeping these people on board

+Quote Post
old boneze
post May 13 2018, 06:56 AM
Post #23

Predict-a-score champion 2010-11. 2011-12. 2013-14
Group Icon

Member No.: 1883

QUOTE (awaydays @ May 12 2018, 07:25 PM) *
Over the years we have had some great board members who have contributed so much to our club , trouble is keeping these people on board

Not helped when some 'fans' conduct a vendetta against board members with whom they have a real or imagined issue.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post May 13 2018, 12:14 PM
Post #24

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

I think on the whole, the club are handling this manager situation reasonably well, although it’s disappointing how long it’s taking.

I’m not sure Redfearn was the right choice anyway, and the club were right to stand their ground. They could have caved in and given him what they want, and the immediate PR would’ve been better, but it would not have been the right thing to do. It’s so important we get this appointment right on and off the pitch.

No idea who we’re going to end up with as manager. I think the mistakes here were made earlier, and not really as part of this recruitment process. In the last couple of months we’ve severed ties with two managers who have won the Conference North - one of them in a crude and needless manner, and the other in circumstances that remain something of a mystery. Unfortunately, I doubt the new manager will be as good a candidate on paper as either of those two are, so straightaway the club may be facing an uphill struggle with ticket sales, PR etc.

+Quote Post
3mm
post May 14 2018, 10:56 AM
Post #25

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Arsene Wenger is now available wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th June 2018 - 07:55 PM