Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mark Maguire to leave-
whopper3
post Jan 24 2018, 11:20 AM
Post #1

Youth team

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12909

At long last this incompetent fool is being shown the door.

All we need now is Bignot to go and it will be Xmas.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
paulus103
post Jan 24 2018, 12:09 PM
Post #2

Youth team

Member No.: 11862

Also means we are in dire straits financially to need to make this decision

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Jan 24 2018, 12:36 PM
Post #3

Youth team

A club of our size never needed a CEO on 50K like Maguire. He has milked the system and failed. Good riddance.

+Quote Post
paulus103
post Jan 24 2018, 12:50 PM
Post #4

Youth team

Member No.: 11862

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42802513

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jan 24 2018, 01:24 PM
Post #5

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

was never that impressed by his work, never really got us any NEW investors/sponsors so failed in his job IMO, however this leaves the question who is going to carry out his workload and do the day to day running of the club ??

this is the 2nd time we've made this position redundant and this Im afraid is a problem, we have no long term continuity of directors

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jan 24 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #6

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

Presumably his salary is a significantly higher amount than he's bringing in to the club.

If he was breaking even, that would be fine (to me), and if he was making us money, why would we want him to go?

Will be interesting to see what replaces him, and there may also be more changes to come...

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Jan 25 2018, 06:53 AM
Post #7

1st team regular

Member No.: 12774

I’m gutted to hear this news. It’s understandable that the club won’t have to pay a wage of £50,000, but Mark was a nice gentleman and has served the club well during his time here. I really don’t understand how some fans have aimed criticism at him at times. He did well with the Sam Hughes sale, Eastleigh and Solihull debacles, the mass brawl at the Wrexham game along with a few other things. Also he came across as a nice, polite man too. In the summer when people renewed their season tickets, he came down to shake hands and speak to them, and was always chatting to fans outside the blues bar at every home game too. On a personal note, he’s helped me a lot to sort my work experience at the club out, which I can’t wait to do in July.
However, I had this feeling that he would be leaving for a few weeks now. He kept on writing in his programme notes how he has ‘failed’ commercially. Tbh, he’s done well with sponsorships such as Swansway Chester and red insure.
I’m going to watch with great interest now with what direction we are going in. He seemed to be the club’s figurehead and did well at that, but is this a good or a bad move. Our club is in a very bad mess at the moment and this news won’t help it. I wish Mark all the best and he has done well in his two years here.

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Jan 25 2018, 06:54 AM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Jan 25 2018, 09:34 AM
Post #8

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6230

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Jan 25 2018, 06:53 AM) *
I’m gutted to hear this news. It’s understandable that the club won’t have to pay a wage of £50,000, but Mark was a nice gentleman and has served the club well during his time here. I really don’t understand how some fans have aimed criticism at him at times. He did well with the Sam Hughes sale, Eastleigh and Solihull debacles, the mass brawl at the Wrexham game along with a few other things. Also he came across as a nice, polite man too. In the summer when people renewed their season tickets, he came down to shake hands and speak to them, and was always chatting to fans outside the blues bar at every home game too. On a personal note, he’s helped me a lot to sort my work experience at the club out, which I can’t wait to do in July.
However, I had this feeling that he would be leaving for a few weeks now. He kept on writing in his programme notes how he has ‘failed’ commercially. Tbh, he’s done well with sponsorships such as Swansway Chester and red insure.
I’m going to watch with great interest now with what direction we are going in. He seemed to be the club’s figurehead and did well at that, but is this a good or a bad move. Our club is in a very bad mess at the moment and this news won’t help it. I wish Mark all the best and he has done well in his two years here.

Well said Rio . cityscarf.gif mark was very helpful to me and my family when I was a sponsor last season .

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jan 25 2018, 10:38 AM
Post #9

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (archie thomas @ Jan 25 2018, 09:34 AM) *
QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Jan 25 2018, 06:53 AM) *

Well said Rio . cityscarf.gif mark was very helpful to me and my family when I was a sponsor last season .

Have to agree with Rio Mark is a good figerhead and spokesman for the club and in that respect will be missed, however as 3mm has stated he was mainly brought here to increase commercial income, if he has failed to do this the club have no option. A question to be asked at Thursday nights meeting will be did Mark increase commercial income ?

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Jan 27 2018, 07:07 PM
Post #10

Youth team

"I’m gutted to hear this news. It’s understandable that the club won’t have to pay a wage of £50,000, but Mark was a nice gentleman and has served the club well during his time here. I really don’t understand how some fans have aimed criticism at him at times."

Riotheballboy

Are you for real in your comments or are you here to wind us up ?

He may be a nice gentleman but that is not the issue. He is CEO of our club and is a failure. PERIOD. As he is incompetent he has plunged our club into a real crisis whilst plundering a salary of 50k a year for the privilege.

I can't believe anyone could defend him and to be honest if he was a decent bloke he would walk away now and turn down his notice pay.

The man is a disgrace.

After Hull, Stockport and now Chester I wonder which club he will try and kill next.

This post has been edited by whopper3: Jan 27 2018, 07:11 PM

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Jan 27 2018, 07:10 PM
Post #11

Youth team

"Our club is in a very bad mess at the moment and this news won’t help it. I wish Mark all the best and he has done well in his two years here."

when I see comments like this from deluded fans I really do despair.

"Done well in his 2 years here" ????

what planet are you on ?

He has been a disaster for our club end of.

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Jan 27 2018, 07:37 PM
Post #12

1st team regular

QUOTE (whopper3 @ Jan 27 2018, 07:07 PM) *
"I’m gutted to hear this news. It’s understandable that the club won’t have to pay a wage of £50,000, but Mark was a nice gentleman and has served the club well during his time here. I really don’t understand how some fans have aimed criticism at him at times."

Riotheballboy

He may be a nice gentleman but that is not the issue. He is CEO of our club and is a failure. PERIOD. As he is incompetent he has plunged our club into a real crisis whilst plundering a salary of 50k a year for the privilege.

I can't believe anyone could defend him and to be honest if he was a decent bloke he would walk away now and turn down his notice pay.

The man is a disgrace.

After Hull, Stockport and now Chester I wonder which club he will try and kill next.

I will be gutted to see him leave. However I do agree with you about his wage. £40-50,000 is an awful lot of money for a paid CEO at this level, and given our bad financial state currently, it’s certainly not good to pay him that amount. He will gain my respect though and he’s done well here to get us some important deals.

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Jan 27 2018, 07:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Jan 27 2018, 07:46 PM
Post #13

Si Dutton
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Jan 27 2018, 07:37 PM) *
QUOTE (whopper3 @ Jan 27 2018, 07:07 PM) *

Think he was let down by a weak board and ended up having to do everything himself. In our situation we can't afford his salary so needs must I'm afraid.
Riotheballboy

The man is a disgrace.

I will be gutted to see him leave. However I do agree with you about his wage. £40-50,000 is an awful lot of money for a paid CEO at this level, and given our bad financial state currently, it’s certainly not good to pay him that amount. He will gain my respect though and he’s done well here to get us some important deals.

--------------------
Cmon City, these are SH*TE

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Jan 27 2018, 08:56 PM
Post #14

Youth team

"He will gain my respect though and he’s done well here to get us some important deals. "

So why will we make a pre tax loss of about £200,000 this year with all these bogus deals you talk about ?

Maguire has no respect from me at all. He is a disgrace.

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Jan 27 2018, 09:10 PM
Post #15

Si Dutton
Group Icon

It will be interesting to see how he performs until his final day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Jan 27 2018, 09:16 PM
Post #16

Youth team

If the bloke had any decency he would never set foot in our club offices again and he should not get any notice pay.

He is a serial failure.

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Jan 27 2018, 09:20 PM
Post #17

Si Dutton
Group Icon

QUOTE (whopper3 @ Jan 27 2018, 09:16 PM) *
If the bloke had any decency he would never set foot in our club offices again and he should not get any notice pay.

He is a serial failure.

If we have got to pay him then we may as well get some work out of him in the meantime.

--------------------

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Jan 27 2018, 09:29 PM
Post #18

Youth team

BIG Si

Bet you miss me on your fascist thread don't you after I have called this 100% correct all along ?

Are nutters still defending Maguire and Bignot over there ?

This post has been edited by whopper3: Jan 27 2018, 09:30 PM

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Jan 27 2018, 09:32 PM
Post #19

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

For pity's sake just ignore him, as is recommended with all trolls!

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Jan 27 2018, 09:44 PM
Post #20

Youth team

The Annexe go look up the meaning of a troll. I am no troll.

I post my honest views on the situation as I find it.

More and more fans realise of course that I was right all along about Maguire and Bignot. Both useless.

Did you not see the abuse and threats I got on the other forum ? Did you call these abusers trolls ? probably not.

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Jan 28 2018, 07:31 AM
Post #21

1st team regular

QUOTE (whopper3 @ Jan 27 2018, 08:56 PM) *
"He will gain my respect though and he’s done well here to get us some important deals. "

So why will we make a pre tax loss of about £200,000 this year with all these bogus deals you talk about ?

Maguire has no respect from me at all. He is a disgrace.

Genuine question, but what do you think of Johnny Hughes and our current board?

--------------------

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Jan 28 2018, 02:17 PM
Post #22

Youth team

The current board are amateurs trying to run a football club which never works. That's all I will say on the subject. At least these board members don't fleece the club like Maguire with 50K a year going down the toilet.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 10:00 AM