Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CHUCK BERRY dies aged 90., A real Rock and Roll Legend in every sense of the word!
Neil Fishers Big...
post Mar 20 2017, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

Can't believe nobody has put this up!
Berry was one on the popular music legends,sad to see him go, but considering his lifestyle he did well to reach 90.
I was very lucky to see him live in concert in the Sixties, he did a barnstorming set dressed all in Red Leather and his Scarlet guitar. One the great gigs I have been to, and like many others who gone in recent times, he will never be replaced. RIP.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bluesince72
post Mar 20 2017, 02:50 PM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 7763

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Mar 20 2017, 01:37 PM) *
Berry was one on the popular music legends,sad to see him go, but considering his lifestyle he did well to reach 90.
I was very lucky to see him live in concert in the Sixties, he did a barnstorming set dressed all in Red Leather and his Scarlet guitar. One the great gigs I have been to, and like many others who gone in recent times, he will never be replaced. RIP.

Yes very surprising but I suspect more a reflection on the state of DC than on the esteem that Chuck Berry is held.
Chuck Berry is a true Rock legend, now gone but the songs will live forever. Chuck Berry was arguably the most influential of the rock and roll giants, he was responsible for popularising the guitar as the lead instrument, it was piano on most early rock and roll records. His guitar licks and poetic lyrics produced numerous timeless records. School Day, Maybellene, Johnny Be Goode, Roll Over Beethoven, You Never Can Tell, Carol, Sweet Little Sixteen, Let it Rock, and Promised Land.....no doubt I have missed a few classics. However my favourite was the fantastic, 'Down The Road Apiece'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cygS4qb_9is

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Mar 20 2017, 07:21 PM
Post #3

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Mar 20 2017, 09:37 AM) *

I saw him then at a concert in our local cinema, had them every 2 weeks in those days. He was a real legend, amazing he lived to 90, must have had good genes.

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Mar 21 2017, 01:12 PM
Post #4

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (bluesince72 @ Mar 20 2017, 02:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Mar 20 2017, 01:37 PM) *

Yes very surprising but I suspect more a reflection on the state of DC than on the esteem that Chuck Berry is held.
Chuck Berry is a true Rock legend, now gone but the songs will live forever. Chuck Berry was arguably the most influential of the rock and roll giants, he was responsible for popularising the guitar as the lead instrument, it was piano on most early rock and roll records. His guitar licks and poetic lyrics produced numerous timeless records. School Day, Maybellene, Johnny Be Goode, Roll Over Beethoven, You Never Can Tell, Carol, Sweet Little Sixteen, Let it Rock, and Promised Land.....no doubt I have missed a few classics. However my favourite was the fantastic, 'Down The Road Apiece'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cygS4qb_9is

" No particular place to go" is a great piece, the guitar riffs are tremendous. Still sounds fresh today.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
dr jekyll
post Mar 21 2017, 09:21 PM
Post #5

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5322

Have a guess what my favourite song was rolleyes.gif

--------------------
George Whitebread I like What i Say !! and ill say what i bloody well like!!

Rule Britannia ! My country Long Before England Wales and Scotland were invented !!!!

"DEVA" The Capital of Britannia ! Capital of the universe!!

"Chester Fan Born and bred Strong in Mind Good in Bed"

Dr Jekyll is and always has been Mike Hunt!

Why I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Posters on here!!

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Mar 26 2017, 04:17 PM
Post #6

Squad player

Member No.: 9815

QUOTE (dr jekyll @ Mar 21 2017, 10:21 PM) *
Have a guess what my favourite song was rolleyes.gif

that's was a good one . rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 07:05 AM