> Barrow match thread
toj
post Mar 27 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #1

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1445

Optimism to continue 2-1 Chester Alabi and Kane to score 1,720 in the congregation with 102 from Barrow

--------------------
RUNNER UP IN THE CHRONICLE FACE IN THE CROWD COMPETITION ON 3 OCCASIONS

FRIEND OF ALMOST BLUE AND CHESTER 68

ENEMY OF THE "POLITICALLY CORRECT" AND OVER ZEALOUS MODERATORS

THOMAS SOCCERFAN 1982 IST MEIN BESTER FREUND....ICH LIEBE DEUTSCHE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Mar 27 2017, 07:40 PM
Post #2

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

QUOTE (toj @ Mar 27 2017, 02:50 PM) *
Optimism to continue 2-1 Chester Alabi and Kane to score 1,720 in the congregation with 102 from Barrow

Going for a tie, how's the weather there? Will the circus effect the access to the ground?

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Mar 28 2017, 04:03 PM
Post #3

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 9815

2-1 COME ON CITY cityscarf.gif

This post has been edited by manchester blue: Mar 28 2017, 04:12 PM

+Quote Post
3mm
post Mar 28 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #4

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Canadian Exile @ Mar 27 2017, 08:40 PM) *
Will the circus effect the access to the ground?

Will Jon McCarthy juggle with the team? unsure.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Mar 28 2017, 05:04 PM
Post #5

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (3mm @ Mar 28 2017, 04:19 PM) *
QUOTE (Canadian Exile @ Mar 27 2017, 08:40 PM) *
Will the circus effect the access to the ground?

Will Jon McCarthy juggle with the team? unsure.gif

Hope they havn't got any forwards with a "big top" rolleyes.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Hughie Rydens ba...
post Mar 28 2017, 07:07 PM
Post #6

1st team regular

Member No.: 1218

Bennet scores for Barrow after 90 seconds .Offside by 5 yards but goal stands.0.1

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Mar 28 2017, 10:13 PM
Post #7

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1471

Well that was an awful game to watch, managing to include all the worst aspects of non-league football. Barrow are the embodiment of anti-football, what a waste of a playing budget some three times ours. When you watch teams like Macclesfield, FGR and Tranmere beating us whilst actually playing some football, it's depressing that a team like Barrow is even close to the play-offs. And their manager wonders why nobody likes them.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Mar 28 2017, 11:41 PM
Post #8

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

The officials tonight made the ones we've had the rest of the season look really competent. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the ref's not back tomorrow night at 5pm in the circus. The linesman at our end had a nightmare of a game, in the first minute he gave an obvious Chester throw-in to Barrow then missed two offsides, the first one costing us a goal. I also thought Kane Richards was brought down in the second half for what looked a clear penalty, but amazingly neither the linesman or ref gave it. Their number 11 Williams should have been sent off for his terrible tackle on Theo Vassell. A yellow card was too lenient, Theo was crocked and had to be subbed.

Going by the number of times various Barrow players went down 'injured' after minimal contact, causing the game to be stopped, they are either a team of delicate flowers or a bunch of cheats. My monies on the second option.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Mar 29 2017, 12:39 AM
Post #9

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1471

QUOTE (3mm @ Mar 28 2017, 11:41 PM) *
The officials tonight made the ones we've had the rest of the season look really competent. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the ref's not back tomorrow night at 5pm in the circus. The linesman at our end had a nightmare of a game, in the first minute he gave an obvious Chester throw-in to Barrow then missed two offsides, the first one costing us a goal. I also thought Kane Richards was brought down in the second half for what looked a clear penalty, but amazingly neither the linesman or ref gave it. Their number 11 Williams should have been sent off for his terrible tackle on Theo Vassell. A yellow card was too lenient, Theo was crocked and had to be subbed.

Going by the number of times various Barrow players went down 'injured' after minimal contact, causing the game to be stopped, they are either a team of delicate flowers or a bunch of cheats. My monies on the second option.

Listening to JM's post match interview, he was in agreement with you about both the pen and feigning injury.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Mar 29 2017, 12:07 PM
Post #10

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Mar 29 2017, 12:39 AM) *
QUOTE (3mm @ Mar 28 2017, 11:41 PM) *

Listening to JM's post match interview, he was in agreement with you about both the pen and feigning injury.

to be fair to the ref Barrows tactics were abysmal, spent most of the ninety minutes rolling around like they had been shot, even the goalie joined in at one stage,
this is not entertainment its torture,
Im glad Im not a Barrow fan, cos that, im afraid was a disgrace from a very average Barrow team, will they cheat there way into the play offs ? no chance
No wonder no-one likes them

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2019 - 01:28 PM