Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No alcohol in the ground
mused
post Mar 19 2016, 01:46 PM
Post #1

1st team captain

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1634

Signs up at the goatcourse saying no alcohol on sale at the ground as requested by Chester FC. Does the alcohol ban extend to the directors hospitality bar? It would be interesting to hear our boards take on this one.

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post Mar 19 2016, 02:53 PM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2181

QUOTE (mused @ Mar 19 2016, 01:46 PM) *
Signs up at the goatcourse saying no alcohol on sale at the ground as requested by Chester FC. Does the alcohol ban extend to the directors hospitality bar? It would be interesting to hear our boards take on this one.

The members of the board will be too p**sed to care mate

This post has been edited by Hugh Jass: Mar 19 2016, 02:54 PM

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Mar 19 2016, 04:04 PM
Post #3

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

QUOTE (Hugh Jass @ Mar 19 2016, 02:53 PM) *

You have to laugh City FANS United, what a joke. If allowing the bubble to go ahead without any comments or resistance wasn't apathetic enough they have to turn the knife a bit more and ban booze.

Glad I didn't go today and glad I'm not a CFU member, they certainly don't speak for me.

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
mused
post Mar 19 2016, 06:43 PM
Post #4

1st team captain

Just seen a post on FB from a supporter saying it wasn't at Chester's request. So over to you board?

--------------------
If I had the wings of a sparrow. If I had the a**e of a crow. I'd fly over Wr**h*m tomorrow and s**t on the bastards below, below!

+Quote Post
Richard
post Mar 19 2016, 07:05 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Member No.: 3477

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Mar 19 2016, 04:04 PM) *

You have to laugh City FANS United, what a joke. If allowing the bubble to go ahead without any comments or resistance wasn't apathetic enough they have to turn the knife a bit more and ban booze.

Glad I didn't go today and glad I'm not a CFU member, they certainly don't speak for me.

You are entitled to your opinion
For me CFU is CFC
I support both as one.
Who does speak for you or are you a lone voice in the dark?
I raised the issue of the bubble at a CFU meeting and my resistance to it some time ago. I don't know if comments or resistance were forthcoming from both clubs, but I suspect that the police authorities have us over a barrel regarding alternatives and the associated costs.
My view is that the damage has been done and that the resistance should have been made when the whole principle of bubble was tabled when we first played Wrexham after reforming
Both police authorities now have all the political advantage and will use same to justify this total infringement of our rights by using one sided and loaded statistics to justify their containment stance, which lets face it, is just for their benefit and demonstrates their inability to do their job.

+Quote Post
Blue Lupus
post Mar 19 2016, 07:47 PM
Post #6

Squad player

Member No.: 3402

shameful treatment of fans. Expect a dirty protest. The club urgently needs someone involved that respects and understands that the fan base is diverse, intelligent, accountable and responsible for looking after their own interests. We have a police state, a state run media and now a club that enforces double standards. We are rapidly alienating fans, including myself, and action is required. If I hear it was on 'police advice' it reinforces my views already posted. There are other issues from today regarding the inclusivity of fans that is deeply troubling but I hope to discuss this with the chairman if he responds to my request for a meeting. Congratulations to Wrexham, a well deserved win. Can you play us every week-no, but you can play us again twice next season. Enjoy

+Quote Post
blue murder
post Mar 19 2016, 08:02 PM
Post #7

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 4165

QUOTE (Richard @ Mar 19 2016, 07:05 PM) *

For me CFU is CFC
I support both as one.
I raised the issue of the bubble at a CFU meeting and my resistance to it some time ago. I don't know if comments or resistance were forthcoming from both clubs, but I suspect that the police authorities have us over a barrel regarding alternatives and the associated costs.
My view is that the damage has been done and that the resistance should have been made when the whole principle of bubble was tabled when we first played Wrexham after reforming
Both police authorities now have all the political advantage and will use same to justify this total infringement of our rights by using one sided and loaded statistics to justify their containment stance, which lets face it, is just for their benefit and demonstrates their inability to do their job.

I seem to recall the FSF taking an interest in the first bubble match, but both clubs at the time, and subsequently, have barely raised a whimper of protest, handing the political victory to the boys in blue. Couldn,t the club and Wrexham at least make life a little uncomfortable for Mr Dwyer (Police Commissioner) in pressing him to justify the police position in advance of his re-election campaign instead of just sitting on our hands ?

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Mar 19 2016, 11:02 PM
Post #8

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4436

QUOTE (blue murder @ Mar 19 2016, 08:02 PM) *

For me CFU is CFC
I support both as one.

I seem to recall the FSF taking an interest in the first bubble match, but both clubs at the time, and subsequently, have barely raised a whimper of protest, handing the political victory to the boys in blue. Couldn,t the club and Wrexham at least make life a little uncomfortable for Mr Dwyer (Police Commissioner) in pressing him to justify the police position in advance of his re-election campaign instead of just sitting on our hands ?

It infuriates me how little both clubs seem to be doing about this. They've just resigned themselves to this absolute idiocy.

The FSF are a really important ally to have on issues like this and I know for a fact they'd support us in doing something about it. What exactly is the club doing? Have they been in touch with the FSF at all?

Every person, to a man, can see that this whole bubble nonsense is an absolute disgrace. If I were the club, I'd be looking at the legal routes they could be taking against the two police forces for their blatantly unnecessary and draconian reaction to this football match, as well as Cheshire's handling of the Tranmere game.

Precedent by most other police forces is set for these sort of derbies and ones much, much bigger across the country. The incompetence of Cheshire and North Wales police is staggering of epic proportions.

This post has been edited by Deva Chanter: Mar 19 2016, 11:04 PM

--------------------
The first casualty of war is the truth.

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Mar 20 2016, 09:24 AM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3547

Wrexham supporters voted in favour of the bubble remember.

--------------------
Chester City Football Club

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Mar 20 2016, 09:31 AM
Post #10

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (Treeny @ Mar 20 2016, 09:24 AM) *
Wrexham supporters voted in favour of the bubble remember.

If i had a gun to my head ( Police costs of 40k) or walk away and i wont shoot you ( Police bubble restrictions) its a no brainer really.

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
Pauline M
post Mar 20 2016, 10:33 AM
Post #11

Chair - Chester Exiles
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 921

For me CFU is CFC
I support both as one.

Very timely for those on Devachat who are not happy to raise it again at the CFU meeting this coming Thursday, 24th March. If nothing else it may help to hear from the Chairman or Board exactly what the situation is re whether there is any room for discussion for future matches. Personally I would like to know how much the whole excercise costs and how much we, as a Club, has to pick up.

--------------------
Join the Chester Exiles and have fun as we climb back to where we belong.

+Quote Post
Catford-Bags
post Mar 20 2016, 11:30 AM
Post #12

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2639

QUOTE (Pauline M @ Mar 20 2016, 10:33 AM) *

For me CFU is CFC
I support both as one.

Very timely for those on Devachat who are not happy to raise it again at the CFU meeting this coming Thursday, 24th March. If nothing else it may help to hear from the Chairman or Board exactly what the situation is re whether there is any room for discussion for future matches. Personally I would like to know how much the whole excercise costs and how much we, as a Club, has to pick up.

It would be great to see what options are made available to the clubs via the Police/SAG. At that point you might be able to compare how we are treated compared to other clubs. There seems very little transparency regarding the working of the SAG.

--------------------
the world is a flat plate balanced on the back of a giant tortoise ........... and below that, it is tortoises all the way down.

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Mar 20 2016, 11:38 AM
Post #13

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (Catford-Bags @ Mar 20 2016, 11:30 AM) *

For me CFU is CFC
I support both as one.

It would be great to see what options are made available to the clubs via the Police/SAG. At that point you might be able to compare how we are treated compared to other clubs. There seems very little transparency regarding the working of the SAG.

Just to point out, regards the lack of ale on sale yesterday. Seems some of our own voted to ban the sale of it at last April's CFU meeting.

Check out the minutes from the CFU website. Very last point on there.

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
mused
post Mar 20 2016, 12:54 PM
Post #14

1st team captain

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Mar 20 2016, 11:38 AM) *

For me CFU is CFC
I support both as one.

Just to point out, regards the lack of ale on sale yesterday. Seems some of our own voted to ban the sale of it at last April's CFU meeting.

Well, it's a democracy so there's very little argument other than there's only a small amount of the electoral that go to the meetings. But, for me we all don't drink then and Blues bar should serve soft drinks only during the home game. And, if as grown adults we can't be trusted to drink, do we make the blues bar tea total all season around?
I wouldn't mind but the fan zone at tranmere was superb and shows that most grown adults can stand and drink together without any problems when the right environment is created.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marty Funkhouser
post Mar 20 2016, 01:45 PM
Post #15

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8363

QUOTE (mused @ Mar 20 2016, 01:54 PM) *

For me CFU is CFC
I support both as one.

Well, it's a democracy so there's very little argument other than there's only a small amount of the electoral that go to the meetings. But, for me we all don't drink then and Blues bar should serve soft drinks only during the home game. And, if as grown adults we can't be trusted to drink, do we make the blues bar tea total all season around?
I wouldn't mind but the fan zone at tranmere was superb and shows that most grown adults can stand and drink together without any problems when the right environment is created.

I don't think the Club can afford to pay out £000s to Glyndwr University to cover the damage to seats, so they made every effort to avoid a repeat of last season. Seems reasonable to me and I think I was at the CFU meeting when the vote was taken. Rather a few jakey p!ssheads inconvenienced than a large hole in next season's playing budget. Just my opinion like.

--------------------
If you can be bothered, follow me on Twitter @Viv_Savage_CFC for more rubbish like this, condensed into 140 characters or less.

+Quote Post
mused
post Mar 20 2016, 01:50 PM
Post #16

1st team captain

QUOTE (Marty Funkhouser @ Mar 20 2016, 01:45 PM) *

For me CFU is CFC
I support both as one.

I don't think the Club can afford to pay out £000s to Glyndwr University to cover the damage to seats, so they made every effort to avoid a repeat of last season. Seems reasonable to me and I think I was at the CFU meeting when the vote was taken. Rather a few jakey p!ssheads inconvenienced than a large hole in next season's playing budget. Just my opinion like.

Nice to know you have such a high opinion of your fellow supporters. The same supporters who give readily when the tin has been out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marty Funkhouser
post Mar 20 2016, 01:53 PM
Post #17

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8363

QUOTE (mused @ Mar 20 2016, 02:50 PM) *

For me CFU is CFC
I support both as one.

Nice to know you have such a high opinion of your fellow supporters. The same supporters who give readily when the tin has been out.

Jesus wept. Compared to getting slaughtered by our bitterest rivals on the pitch, the inability to drink crap lager out of plastic bottles for 3 hours is just a minor setback. Someone get a bit of perspective here.

--------------------
If you can be bothered, follow me on Twitter @Viv_Savage_CFC for more rubbish like this, condensed into 140 characters or less.

+Quote Post
Deva Chanter
post Mar 20 2016, 02:45 PM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4436

QUOTE (Marty Funkhouser @ Mar 20 2016, 01:53 PM) *
QUOTE (mused @ Mar 20 2016, 02:50 PM) *

For me CFU is CFC
I support both as one.

Jesus wept. Compared to getting slaughtered by our bitterest rivals on the pitch, the inability to drink crap lager out of plastic bottles for 3 hours is just a minor setback. Someone get a bit of perspective here.

I think, actually, the salient point here that mused is making is more important than perhaps you are giving it credit for.

Just as Cheshire and North Wales police forcing all fans to give up their rights for a day and make them follow the 'bubble' protocol does not make all football fans hooligans and criminals, much as the police like to think so, neither is it acceptable, in my humble opinion, for people to be suggesting that everybody who wants an alcoholic beverage wants to rip seats out and do criminal damage.

Its very dodgy territory, in any situation, for the majority to be punished because of the actions of a minority.

--------------------
The first casualty of war is the truth.

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Mar 20 2016, 03:46 PM
Post #19

Si Dutton
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

It seems that despite there being no alcohol that there was still damage caused to seats. If you can't attend a football match without mindlessly vandalising property then you are officially a complete moron.

--------------------
Cmon City, these are SH*TE

+Quote Post
wxmred
post Mar 20 2016, 03:52 PM
Post #20

Squad player

Member No.: 4576

QUOTE (Big Si @ Mar 20 2016, 03:46 PM) *
It seems that despite there being no alcohol that there was still damage caused to seats. If you can't attend a football match without mindlessly vandalising property then you are officially a complete moron.

our fans damaged some seats as well. Bl@@dy D$ckheads.

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Mar 20 2016, 04:13 PM
Post #21

Si Dutton
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

QUOTE (wxmred @ Mar 20 2016, 03:52 PM) *

Eh, they damaged seats in their own ground? Why?! You snotted us, there are surely better ways to celebrate rather than removing your own seats?!

--------------------
Cmon City, these are SH*TE

+Quote Post
wxmred
post Mar 20 2016, 04:26 PM
Post #22

Squad player

Member No.: 4576

QUOTE (Big Si @ Mar 20 2016, 04:13 PM) *

Eh, they damaged seats in their own ground? Why?! You snotted us, there are surely better ways to celebrate rather than removing your own seats?!

Apparently they got over excited.??????????? At least they can't blame your fans for it.

This post has been edited by wxmred: Mar 20 2016, 04:27 PM

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Mar 20 2016, 05:31 PM
Post #23

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (wxmred @ Mar 20 2016, 04:26 PM) *
QUOTE (Big Si @ Mar 20 2016, 04:13 PM) *

Apparently they got over excited.??????????? At least they can't blame your fans for it.

Didn't the same thing happen at the Deva when we beat them earlier this season?

+Quote Post
mused
post Mar 20 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #24

1st team captain

Thank you Deva Chanter that was indeed one of the points I was making. After all, the vast majority of our fans are impeccably behaved and have been praised many times for our behaviour and sportsmanship. My other point, we're a democracy, if as a club we decide no chester supporter should have a drink in the ground, then that stands for all of us.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse James Ride...
post Mar 21 2016, 10:43 AM
Post #25

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 9027

. . . . And how is your one man revolution going in trying to overturn the bubble? . . . . . .

--------------------
STILL SMILING + 31 : 08 : 2013 + You had to be there

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 10:58 PM