Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BT Sport, Zero Games
MMc
post Feb 2 2016, 05:40 PM
Post #1

1st team sub

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 10870

I've just realised that we've had no television coverage at all this season. Usually we get at least one game a season, and the likes of Grimsby and Macclesfield have been on multiple times. I know results haven't been going our way recently, but thats no reason not to be on tv. Same happens in the higher leagues, with Leeds being a prime example. (For opposite reasons) Although if we do appear in the remainder of the season I'm hoping it will be an away game cityscarf.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Six-Nil
post Feb 2 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #2

1st team sub

Member No.: 7547

QUOTE (MMc @ Feb 2 2016, 05:40 PM) *
I've just realised that we've had no television coverage at all this season. Usually we get at least one game a season, and the likes of Grimsby and Macclesfield have been on multiple times. I know results haven't been going our way recently, but thats no reason not to be on tv. Same happens in the higher leagues, with Leeds being a prime example. (For opposite reasons) Although if we do appear in the remainder of the season I'm hoping it will be an away game cityscarf.gif

Thank goodness that our c**p performances haven't been seen by a wider audience. We haven't been the best examples of "great football from the lower leagues", have we? I take your wider point about no coverage but on this occasion I'm glad we've had no further publicity!

If we find ourselves in an end-of-season scrap that means win-we-stay-up, lose-we-go-down - you can be sure the cameras will be round to watch the blood and sweat on the pitch and the nerves and tears on the terraces.

+Quote Post
njd1959
post Feb 2 2016, 06:19 PM
Post #3

1st team regular

Member No.: 11812

Agreed, I have lost count the number of times Grimsby have been shown and all at home as well if I remember correctly. Plus a live FA Cup tie against Shrewsbury. No inconvenience to their fans if they are at home plus all the additional monies BT give them for the privilege. Does the money BT give the clubs get divided equally amongst all 24 teams? Unlikely I would suggest. Glad I have never subscribed to their channels.

+Quote Post
MMc
post Feb 2 2016, 06:36 PM
Post #4

1st team sub

Member No.: 10870

QUOTE (njd1959 @ Feb 2 2016, 06:19 PM) *

Agreed, I have lost count the number of times Grimsby have been shown and all at home as well if I remember correctly. Plus a live FA Cup tie against Shrewsbury. No inconvenience to their fans if they are at home plus all the additional monies BT give them for the privilege. Does the money BT give the clubs get divided equally amongst all 24 teams? Unlikely I would suggest. Glad I have never subscribed to their channels.

Not certain, but I think they've been on 3 times in the league plus once in the cup. With a further 2 scheduled in the next group of 5 tv games.That's a lot combined to spend on a couple of players...

+Quote Post
chester fan 2015...
post Feb 2 2016, 07:56 PM
Post #5

deva chatter

Member No.: 12120

cheltenham vs grimsby

cheltenham vs goats

have both been picked for bt again

+Quote Post
Midnight Rider
post Feb 2 2016, 10:24 PM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 4093

Pity, as TV coverage has an unexpected side effect: attendances actually go up! It may seem strange, but showing a game on TV often means that more people go to the ground, not less.
If I recall you get about 14K from the TV money, and about another 800 on the gate so there's a double impact.

--------------------
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” - Teddy Roosevelt.

+Quote Post
Rossett Blue
post Feb 3 2016, 10:58 AM
Post #7

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 553

£7k for a home game, £1k for an away (unless it's changed from last season)

--------------------
Chester FC, always and forever

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Feb 3 2016, 12:01 PM
Post #8

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Midnight Rider @ Feb 2 2016, 10:24 PM) *
Pity, as TV coverage has an unexpected side effect: attendances actually go up! It may seem strange, but showing a game on TV often means that more people go to the ground, not less.
If I recall you get about 14K from the TV money, and about another 800 on the gate so there's a double impact.

QUOTE (Rossett Blue @ Feb 3 2016, 10:58 AM) *
£7k for a home game, £1k for an away (unless it's changed from last season)

Didn't think it was that much. It is invaluable for our commercial bods trying to sell advertising though I would imagine? The more we are on the more exposure?

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Feb 3 2016, 01:28 PM
Post #9

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

Seems odd that we've yet to feature on BT Sport this season given that the games we have had previously aired have had some stunning finishes.

Jamie Menagh last gasp winner v Halifax at home, then the Wrexham 2-1 home win last season thanks to Ben Heneghans last kick of the game winner. Dartford away wasn't too bad either with that stunner from Gareth Seddon.

As people above have said, being on tv is all good exposure for our sponsors and local businesses looking for some exposure infront of a national audience.

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
steveo1
post Feb 3 2016, 01:35 PM
Post #10

1st team captain

Member No.: 217

Cheltenham have been on against Wrexham and Dover already, throw in these next two on the TV that will be four games, maybe have another one somewhere on.

Is there any team that hasn't been involved on BT this season bar us?

--------------------
Deva Chat F.C

World Cup Doubles Champion - 28/7/05

'A member of the DCFC Prankster Organisation'

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Feb 3 2016, 01:47 PM
Post #11

A balanced view.
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1562

think the deal defines each team has to be shown at least once. Given our derbys with Wrexham and Tranmere i do wonder who is picking these games at times.

--------------------
Defender of the people...

+Quote Post
njd1959
post Feb 3 2016, 03:34 PM
Post #12

1st team regular

QUOTE (steveo1 @ Feb 3 2016, 01:35 PM) *
Cheltenham have been on against Wrexham and Dover already, throw in these next two on the TV that will be four games, maybe have another one somewhere on.

Is there any team that hasn't been involved on BT this season bar us?

I suspect someone on here will find out who been on and who hasn't. As the Tranmere and Wrexham games are not on then it's doubtful they are interested in showing us. If people who subscribe to BT Sport for the sole purpose of watching National League football live could always cancel their subscription in protest.

+Quote Post
DanLB
post Feb 3 2016, 04:50 PM
Post #13

1st team regular

Member No.: 7442

Out of curiosity, have we been featured since the Wrexham game at home?

Just wondering if the breaking of the minute silence might mean they have reservations about showing us again.

--------------------
Until the sky turns green...

+Quote Post
njd1959
post Feb 3 2016, 04:56 PM
Post #14

1st team regular

QUOTE (DanLB @ Feb 3 2016, 04:50 PM) *

Just wondering if the breaking of the minute silence might mean they have reservations about showing us again.

Don't think so

+Quote Post
MOC
post Feb 3 2016, 05:22 PM
Post #15

Deva Chat Predict-a-Score champion 2015-16

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (njd1959 @ Feb 3 2016, 05:56 PM) *
QUOTE (DanLB @ Feb 3 2016, 04:50 PM) *

Don't think so

Barnsley replay in the FA Cup last season the only one I can think of, so no games under the regular National League deal since Wrexham.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 10:58 PM