Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Meaning of a Legend
Harrymcfan
post Dec 8 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #1

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 4137

Was talking with a passionate Wr**h*m fan in work today about the definition of a Legend.

Its not easy to explain to someone who's never had one play for their club. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Dec 9 2009, 01:05 AM
Post #2

1st team legend
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1308

Simple answer.....

GRAHAM BARROW bowdown.gif

Not only Sir Harrys onfield general he was a briliant manager for us.That tit Wright tried to sully his name but no chance in my book.Absolute nailed on legend at this club and gave us our LEAGUE promotion....Thompson and Pugh on the wings.

Just class.

This post has been edited by Canadian Exile: Dec 9 2009, 03:09 PM
Reason for edit: Edited at the request of poster

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
You see that burnt out world that he is living in
I don't need to look for the rules
Here comes the donkey
Chained to a ten ton plough
He'll never make that hill in a million years
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
Chris
post Dec 9 2009, 07:08 AM
Post #3

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

QUOTE (Caergwrle Blue @ Dec 9 2009, 01:05 AM) *
Absolute nailed on legend at this club and gave us our LEAGUE promotion....Thompson and Pugh on the wings.

Just class.

Absolutely. Yes, KKK won us a proper big trophy as champions, and getting promoted from the Conference is arguably a more difficult task than getting promoted from Division Four, but we really were a big fish in a small pond in 03/04, and anyone could've got that side promoted. Barrow's team punched above its weight, and one of the biggest shames of the Deva era must be that he didn't get to stick around to continue the job. Who knows how we'd have got on the next year had things not been so shambolic? Never really had a fair crack of it when he's been employed here since then, either, so it's in no way affected his reputation for me.

Just disappointing that promotion under Barrow is one of my first memories watching Chester, really - I might've expected good times on a regular basis after that, but it's been mostly crap since then!

+Quote Post
Hugh Jass
post Dec 9 2009, 08:04 AM
Post #4

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 2181

QUOTE (Caergwrle Blue @ Dec 9 2009, 01:05 AM) *
Simple answer.....

GRAHAM BARROW bowdown.gif

Not only Sir Harrys onfield general he was a briliant manager for us.That tit Wright tried to sully his name but no chance in my book.Absolute nailed on legend at this club and gave us our LEAGUE promotion....Thompson and Pugh on the wings.

Just class.

Can mancot and his Dickhead friends please NOT respond as they are a beating short of reality.

PS...

Heh!! Fat chance the mods love them of course as they are now all anti SV!!!

Graham barrow did it not only as a player but a manager as well also a top bloke to chat to bowdown.gif

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Dec 9 2009, 08:46 AM
Post #5

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Cant disagree CB. The football played the season we got promoted under Barrow was the best I have ever seen a Chester team play.

Someone asked me my favourite ever Chester game at the Legends Night, and I picked the 3-2 win over Preston at the Deva that year. What a game, what an atmos.

For some reason I've never seen the goals on telly, but they live in my head

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Dec 9 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #6

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

I remember hearing an interview with Harry Mac on the radio before a game when Barrow was suspended for the match.
Asked how he would cope without his midfield general he replied "he is irreplacable"
Said it all for me
Great player
Great manager

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Dec 9 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #7

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

A lot of ex-players are "legends" in at least one Blues fan's mind, but GB is legendary as a player and manager in so many Blues fans' minds - and that's what makes a real LEGEND.

It's a real shame he was unable to attend last Thursday - but I'm sure he can be persuaded to attend an event in the future. It would be great to hear him talk again about his heydays at City

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 9 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #8

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (Saltney Blueboy @ Dec 9 2009, 09:21 AM) *
A lot of ex-players are "legends" in at least one Blues fan's mind, but GB is legendary as a player and manager in so many Blues fans' minds - and that's what makes a real LEGEND.

It's a real shame he was unable to attend last Thursday - but I'm sure he can be persuaded to attend an event in the future. It would be great to hear him talk again about his heydays at City

Indeed a great man,sits there with all the Chester legends,Gary Talbot,Stuart Rimmer,Neil Fisher.....

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Dec 9 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #9

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 9 2009, 01:41 PM) *

Indeed a great man,sits there with all the Chester legends,Gary Talbot,Stuart Rimmer,Neil Fisher.....

Like I said, a lot of ex-players are "legends" in at least one Blues fans' mind... biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Dec 9 2009, 02:26 PM
Post #10

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

QUOTE (Saltney Blueboy @ Dec 9 2009, 09:25 AM) *

Like I said, a lot of ex-players are "legends" in at least one Blues fans' mind... biggrin.gif

He still has it then!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
AndyHa
post Dec 9 2009, 04:17 PM
Post #11

The Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 79

QUOTE (Saltney Blueboy @ Dec 9 2009, 02:25 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"Entertainments may be taxed; public houses may be taxed… and the yield devoted to the general revenue. But motorists are to be privileged for all time to have the tax on motors devoted to roads? This is an outrage upon… common sense." Winston Churchill

+Quote Post
stusblues
post Dec 9 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #12

One team in Cheshire...
Group Icon

Member No.: 3198

QUOTE (NWAS @ Dec 9 2009, 08:46 AM) *
Cant disagree CB. The football played the season we got promoted under Barrow was the best I have ever seen a Chester team play.

Someone asked me my favourite ever Chester game at the Legends Night, and I picked the 3-2 win over Preston at the Deva that year. What a game, what an atmos.

For some reason I've never seen the goals on telly, but they live in my head

Can still see Graham Lancashire superbly knocking the winner in now. Great game, great goals, great side. Now THOSE were the days!!

--------------------
Chester F.C....pub league extraordinaires.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 9 2009, 10:29 PM
Post #13

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (AndyHa @ Dec 9 2009, 04:17 PM) *
QUOTE (Saltney Blueboy @ Dec 9 2009, 02:25 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

.....aaaahhhhhh those silky skills! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 10:59 PM