Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Attendances last season, Same as Macclesfield
JamesDee
post May 26 2018, 12:43 PM
Post #1

JamesDee

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3729

Just found the past seasons average attendances listed on the Vanarama National League web site. Most interesting is that the totals for Chester and Macclesfield are virtually the same at 1838/1839 respectively. They get promoted and we get relegated. There is a message and a lesson in there somewhere about managing finances and managing a football team!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nytram
post May 26 2018, 05:02 PM
Post #2

Youth team

Member No.: 3415

Yep. Not about attendances, maybe money coming in but more importantly a manager(s)!!! picking players to play a system that win games. Depends on the system. Mark Wright built from the back and we won the league with a lot of defence style games but had players when given a sight of goal knew how to score a goal. Others have a system that evolves lots of quick pass and run to get behind teams. The manager(s)!!! need to spot the players to fit into that system. Some players we have signed have looked good in the other team but have not fitted into our team and visa versa. I wonder what system our new managers will choose. I think it will be a total work rate team.

+Quote Post
awaydays
post May 27 2018, 08:34 AM
Post #3

Squad player

Member No.: 12771

We have always had better attendances than Macc, just like wxm have always had better than ours. If we were in maccs position I'm pretty sure our average would have been 3 k plus . Maccs manager has done wonders for that club over the years on a shoe-string budget, a lot of things went for them last season whereas everything just went completely wrong for us

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post May 27 2018, 12:38 PM
Post #4

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (awaydays @ May 27 2018, 06:04 PM) *
We have always had better attendances than Macc, just like wxm have always had better than ours. If we were in maccs position I'm pretty sure our average would have been 3 k plus . Maccs manager has done wonders for that club over the years on a shoe-string budget, a lot of things went for them last season whereas everything just went completely wrong for us

That is an interesting and very valid observation about a probable attendance increase of 1,200 plus if Chester FC had been on a promotion track. I just wish we had have been last season, but instead we are now on a rebuilding track for a couple or so years and under ex-Salford guidance Nytram. What performance style did Salford have to get promoted? Obviously they scored goals.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post May 28 2018, 09:54 AM
Post #5

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (JamesDee @ May 27 2018, 01:38 PM) *
QUOTE (awaydays @ May 27 2018, 06:04 PM) *

That is an interesting and very valid observation about a probable attendance increase of 1,200 plus if Chester FC had been on a promotion track. I just wish we had have been last season, but instead we are now on a rebuilding track for a couple or so years and under ex-Salford guidance Nytram. What performance style did Salford have to get promoted? Obviously they scored goals.

think our attendances last time we were in conf north was near the 3000 mark, Macclesfields attendance was very poor considering they were champions

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2018 - 05:25 PM