post May 14 2018, 11:28 AM
Post #26

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (3mm @ May 14 2018, 11:56 AM) *
Arsene Wenger is now available wink.gif

trouble with him is he will win us loads of trophys, keep us high in the league while we go through financial limitations due to having a new ground built,
give us 22 years of loyal service, keeping us there or there abouts, give us attractive football on a limited budget, nah not for me
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3mm
post May 14 2018, 12:24 PM
Post #27

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ May 14 2018, 12:28 PM) *
QUOTE (3mm @ May 14 2018, 11:56 AM) *
Arsene Wenger is now available wink.gif

trouble with him is he will win us loads of trophys, keep us high in the league while we go through financial limitations due to having a new ground built,
give us 22 years of loyal service, keeping us there or there abouts, give us attractive football on a limited budget, nah not for me

There is that guiness.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post May 14 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #28

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 6226

'Chester are closing in on a new manager with the club’s board set to meet on Monday night to decide between two final candidates'.

http://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/chester_f...al_appointment/

+Quote Post
3mm
post May 14 2018, 05:24 PM
Post #29

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (a view from outside @ May 14 2018, 04:30 PM) *
'Chester are closing in on a new manager with the club’s board set to meet on Monday night to decide between two final candidates'.

Tempted to put my "Good News Tomorrow" t-shirt on wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
awaydays
post May 14 2018, 07:52 PM
Post #30

Squad player

Member No.: 12771

QUOTE (3mm @ May 14 2018, 06:24 PM) *
QUOTE (a view from outside @ May 14 2018, 04:30 PM) *

Tempted to put my "Good News Tomorrow" t-shirt on wink.gif

When today or tomorrow

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post May 15 2018, 10:39 AM
Post #31

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

Could be news this evening according to dave in chronicle on Twitter page

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post May 15 2018, 06:02 PM
Post #32

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

looks like 3mm will have to keep his good news tomorrow tee shirt on until tomorrow, although the press reckon its Salfords old crew coming our way

http://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/chester_f...Chester_FC_job/
https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/fo...ernard-14660051

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post May 15 2018, 07:18 PM
Post #33

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

Johnson & Morley it is then. Two year deal.
Welcome aboard.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post May 15 2018, 07:57 PM
Post #34

Squad player

Member No.: 12774

This process has endured plenty of twists and turns, but I think it’s been worth the long wait. At the start I would’ve liked Redfearn to be our new manager. With his experience at Leeds and Rotherham as well as his successful record working with academy players, I thought that he would be the man. He was very close to landing it but when talks broke down, it was obviously a bit disappointing. After that I honestly had know idea on who it could be. I came to the conclusion the other day that my choice would have to be Graham Barrow. Sadly I wasn’t around when he was at this club but I’ve heard plenty of positive things about him. However, he doesn’t have too much knowledge of this level. Also, would we really want to risk damaging our love for him if things were to turn out badly? Just look at what has happened to Kingsley James and Ross Hannah.

Anyway, I was catching up on the Morley and Johnson speculation this afternoon which hit the nail on the head for me. ‘Oswald’ created a thread on here a week or so ago about them both. I thought to myself ‘why can’t we give them a go?’ despite a few posters criticising his suggestion. It’s fair to say that Oswald has now won Deva Chat over so fair play to him. The thing that got me about this duo is that they tick most of the boxes that we require. They are coming into our club fresh from a promotion out of this very league, they are young, determined, have experience of the NLN, are North West-based and will most definitely have good contacts. That list can go on but seriously, are there many better managers out there that we can attract? The fact that these two are willing to come back into this league rather than joining a bigger club, fills me up with hope and optimism. A couple of posters on this board seem to be against their ‘bigheadedness’. Seriously? What’s wrong with a bit of passion? This is just what we need. We’ve been lacking this type of character for a year or two at least.

I know that our board isn’t the full shilling all of the time, and can make silly mistakes. Credit where it’s due though, they have done really well to handle this process professionally and have appointed an exciting duo. With this also not affecting the impeccable donation by Mr Murphy as well, is almost like a bargain.

I’m really looking forward to the next two years now under Anthony and Bernard. We have two winners joining the ship who can hopefully steer us away from the choppy waters that have struck us for the past two years. Also not to mention is their incredible winning percentage. I believe it is in the region of 61% which is brilliant. Maybe they had a lot of money to spend at Salford, but at Ramsbottom they didn’t where they still did extremely well.

Now though, we all have to do OUR bit. Let’s dust this apathy off our shoulders and look forward to this fresh era. Of course there will be doubters lingering around but I’m sure most of our fan base will be more than happy with this appointment. Lets smash the season ticket sales for this season as who knows, we may witness an exciting campaign. I’m not asking for promotion straight away at all. It will still be extremely tough to get out of this division, but if we can push for the play-offs this year, then better that the following season then we may have a chance. Let’s all undergo a fresh, clean slate and back both Anthony and Bernard. I’m sure the ‘new season optimism’ will start to kick in soon. For me, it’s starting now. Of course we have to sort out our retained list, confirm friendlies, and sign players but it’s nice to be feeling optimistic for a change. Here’s to a positive future. Welcome to Chester FC Anthony and Bernard.

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
3mm
post May 15 2018, 11:26 PM
Post #35

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Good appointments I reckon, worth waiting for smile.gif

I suspect this is one of the last times we'll get a report on the BBC Football website for at least 12 months...

--------------------

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post May 15 2018, 11:36 PM
Post #36

Squad player

Member No.: 12774

QUOTE (3mm @ May 16 2018, 12:26 AM) *
Good appointments I reckon, worth waiting for smile.gif

I suspect this is one of the last times we'll get a report on the BBC Football website for at least 12 months...

Sad times indeed. wacko.gif

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post May 16 2018, 01:54 AM
Post #37

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (The Annexe @ May 16 2018, 04:48 AM) *
Welcome aboard.

One of the unspoken but very worrying aspects of this essential football manager decision being taken - and for these two years contracts - is the financial one.

Six months ago we were broke and facing liquidation and we had to urgently find 50,000 pounds in order to survive. We did this and indeed almost doubled that then required financial position. Now we have these two year contracts and probably another similar CEO's contract to also fund - and this is all being done on the basis of sheer guesswork because we surely will now have very little left in the bank. We are surely completely guessing about our finances for seasons tickets sales in the Conference North League; what will be the CFU membership renewals uptake?; what will be the gates attendances income in this new league?; what will be the profits from club shirts and shop sales and the bar and lounge sales etc?; will there be additional sponsorship arrangements made?; will we have a good FA Cup run? This is all futuristic guesswork finances because we have no reserve funds for back-up this time. If the Board gets it wrong it is surely curtains for CFC. How does the Board pay these costs and also puts money away for a sizeable bsck-up reserve fund that we once had but which was irresponsibly blown last season.

+Quote Post
dr jekyll
post May 16 2018, 06:50 AM
Post #38

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5322

This is another crazy decision made by Chester FC ,we never learn we have appointed or about to appoint 2 Managers who can only take us back to the Conference.and if we get there It will be all change again(Groundhog day).
Why haven't we appointed 1 Manager who is local and has the experience to build a team and take us all the way?

--------------------
George Whitebread I like What i Say !! and ill say what i bloody well like!!

Rule Britannia ! My country Long Before England Wales and Scotland were invented !!!!

"DEVA" The Capital of Britannia ! Capital of the universe!!

"Chester Fan Born and bred Strong in Mind Good in Bed"

Dr Jekyll is and always has been Mike Hunt!

Why I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Posters on here!!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post May 16 2018, 09:10 AM
Post #39

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

won the league with Salford City, good appointment IMO,
wonder why they didn't stay at Salford?

+Quote Post
Lobster
post May 17 2018, 02:10 PM
Post #40

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (JamesDee @ May 16 2018, 02:54 AM) *
QUOTE (The Annexe @ May 16 2018, 04:48 AM) *
Welcome aboard.

One of the unspoken but very worrying aspects of this essential football manager decision being taken - and for these two years contracts - is the financial one.

Six months ago we were broke and facing liquidation and we had to urgently find 50,000 pounds in order to survive. We did this and indeed almost doubled that then required financial position. Now we have these two year contracts and probably another similar CEO's contract to also fund - and this is all being done on the basis of sheer guesswork because we surely will now have very little left in the bank. We are surely completely guessing about our finances for seasons tickets sales in the Conference North League; what will be the CFU membership renewals uptake?; what will be the gates attendances income in this new league?; what will be the profits from club shirts and shop sales and the bar and lounge sales etc?; will there be additional sponsorship arrangements made?; will we have a good FA Cup run? This is all futuristic guesswork finances because we have no reserve funds for back-up this time. If the Board gets it wrong it is surely curtains for CFC. How does the Board pay these costs and also puts money away for a sizeable bsck-up reserve fund that we once had but which was irresponsibly blown last season.

From The Chronicle

"The duo have signed two-year contracts at Chester and have taken a pay cut to take charge of the Blues in a deal that will see the management team cost less than last season, even taking into account the possible addition of another first team coach who is well know to the duo."

+Quote Post
Lobster
post May 17 2018, 02:12 PM
Post #41

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ May 16 2018, 10:10 AM) *

I think Salford wanted more of a "name", hence the appointment of Graham Alexander.

+Quote Post
dr jekyll
post May 18 2018, 09:45 AM
Post #42

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5322

QUOTE (Lobster @ May 17 2018, 03:12 PM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ May 16 2018, 10:10 AM) *

I think Salford wanted more of a "name", hence the appointment of Graham Alexander.

That's a strange one they had "two names" ,and they swapped them for one name?

--------------------
George Whitebread I like What i Say !! and ill say what i bloody well like!!

Rule Britannia ! My country Long Before England Wales and Scotland were invented !!!!

"DEVA" The Capital of Britannia ! Capital of the universe!!

"Chester Fan Born and bred Strong in Mind Good in Bed"

Dr Jekyll is and always has been Mike Hunt!

Why I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Posters on here!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2018 - 04:45 PM