Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evo-Stick Officials,just not good enough,or biased, Against a supposedly "Big Club?"
Neil Fishers Big...
post Oct 6 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #1

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

I've tried over the years to give match officials the benefit of the doubt,there are just plain bad officials,alright officials and good officials,(The ones you don't notice!) Saturday was bad enough,definitely one trying to make a name for himself,but tonight they were just plain incompetent.We were sat almost within touching distance of one of the most useless linemans i have ever seen,always about two or three yards behind play,every time a Witton defender put his arm up,this linesman stuck his up for offside,wrongly in almost every case,missed a lot grappling and fouls right under his nose,just awful.
The referee was as bad letting a lot of fouls go right under his nose,very reluctant to get his card out on at least 2/3 bookable challenges, and then 4 Minutes stoppage time? And in fact,i think in the end played about 5,(luckily for us in the end)
But i'm beginning to wonder,and may have mentioned it after the Prescot game,am i paranoid,or am i getting the feeling that there may some "Big Club"bias from the officials against us,or is it that in this league the officials just not up to officiating in game were there are bigger than normal attendances,and can't cope with it,and might just favour the "Underdog?"

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BarrowBlue
post Oct 6 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3902

Another disgraceful performance.

+Quote Post
CestrianStyleCou...
post Oct 6 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #3

1st team regular

Member No.: 5448

not big club bias at all.

they are not giving us decisions, and are giving the 'smaller' club the benefit of the doubt.

just accept it from now on, wont change in the next league either if we get promoted.

+Quote Post
Jimianto
post Oct 6 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #4

Come On City!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1243

I was right by the tackle on Connolly tonight and their lad absolutely crunched him from behind and he was clearly in agony. The ref looked at it and jogged on. The Witton fans at the end of the stand were laughing their heads off and saying 'nice one ref'. I would say that he was unfit and made some poor decisions, but he was no way the worst we have had this season. The linos were really bad though.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Oct 6 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #5

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (Jimianto @ Oct 6 2010, 11:16 PM) *
I was right by the tackle on Connolly tonight and their lad absolutely crunched him from behind and he was clearly in agony. The ref looked at it and jogged on. The Witton fans at the end of the stand were laughing their heads off and saying 'nice one ref'. I would say that he was unfit and made some poor decisions, but he was no way the worst we have had this season. The linos were really bad though.

It's nice to see from our lads this season,that,there is no rolling about and play acting,when they are fouled,one or two could well have been justified tonight,but even then i doubt whether the ref would've given it,the Connolly tackle was at least a yellow card.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Oct 6 2010, 10:26 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

I don't read into all these conspiracies at all.

The reason they are officiating at this level is simply because it is their level/standard - similar to the vast majority of the players in this league. No bias, no attention-seeking, no reacting to a crowd, no trying to make it look like they're not favouring the big team...

... just generally a poor quality than we have been used to over the years. They are Evo-Stik League officials for a reason. Just like the players in this league are here for a reason (and why we need to quit the moaning and groaning at misplaced passes etc).

+Quote Post
woolston blue
post Oct 6 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #7

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5676

We have to accept it- we in a league of poor quality teams and poor quality officials. We have to accept that Howard Webb won't be turning up to ref us and we have to make do with incompetent officials. What really worries me is that tonight despite winning away, I am still feeling bitter towards officials that I feel set out to cheat us at every occasion. The ref was a joke- the lino a puppet who waited to see what the ref gave before lifting his flag. Lets get out of this league - bad refs are everywhere but the evostick is the place for the bent ones. angry.gif

+Quote Post
Trogdor
post Oct 6 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #8

Squad player

Member No.: 429

I think some of it is psycological, probably the first time the ref has done a big game, takes centre stage and the thought process becomes "just because they are a big club they aren't getting a penalty" kind of like an anti man united complex from the refs at this level, I think they are also really intent on getting the big calls right and heap lots of pressure on themselves.
Have been watching football at this level regularly for a while now and the refs are absolute garbage! We dont always get s**t refs, that song needs changing to there only are s**t refs!

+Quote Post
steveo1
post Oct 6 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #9

1st team captain

Member No.: 217

Some people had a go at the ref on saturday, he wasnt all that bad at all when you compare him to tonights. Two bad tackles early on werent even given as fouls and the one with Connolly was bad enough for him to go off injured. Then about 5 minutes later we had there lad falling over on the edge of the box gleaning two free kicks from it, was an unbelivable bad performance by the guy. His assistants didnt seem much better either with the over fussyness nature, surely they werent all offsides were they?

--------------------
Deva Chat F.C

World Cup Doubles Champion - 28/7/05

'A member of the DCFC Prankster Organisation'

+Quote Post
jack
post Oct 6 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3692

Poor again. The linesmen really were just guessing towards the end. Some embarrasingly wrong decisions

+Quote Post
skidsy
post Oct 6 2010, 11:27 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 2203

QUOTE (steveo1 @ Oct 6 2010, 11:36 PM) *
surely they werent all offsides were they?

Not when you are in your own half when the ball is kicked no. Apparently tonight though that was offside against Booth first half. Even giving the linesman the benefit of the doubt and suggesting he gave Wilde offside the ball hadn't been passed to him or anywhere near him. Unbelievable and unforgivable at any level despite Mr Mancot suggesting everyone at this level is crap including the players.

--------------------
Miserable old git.

+Quote Post
baldwonder
post Oct 6 2010, 11:48 PM
Post #12

1st team regular

Member No.: 5693

The two offsides tonight that really got everyone screaming on Michael Wilde were both correct calls. The one that had me baffled was the one when Wilde ran 20 yards into our half to recieve the ball but it was pulled back to just past half way because he had been offside.

--------------------
Not a footballing City hey Lawro???

+Quote Post
Chris
post Oct 7 2010, 06:49 AM
Post #13

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

They were just turd all round - even some of the rare decisions they gave our way were questionable at best. The linesman in front of the main stand only seemed prepared to get involved in offside calls rather than making a judgement on anything else he might've been expected to.

+Quote Post
pedro
post Oct 7 2010, 07:43 AM
Post #14

Chester's Drummer

Member No.: 422

I would love to know how u can be offside in your own half??!! :-S

At least the ref on sat was only REALLY awful in 2nd half but last nights officials (all 3 of them) were consistently s***e from the start!!

--------------------
BluesLive Commentator

+Quote Post
Bear in the Big ...
post Oct 7 2010, 08:10 AM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (baldwonder @ Oct 7 2010, 12:48 AM) *
The two offsides tonight that really got everyone screaming on Michael Wilde were both correct calls. The one that had me baffled was the one when Wilde ran 20 yards into our half to recieve the ball but it was pulled back to just past half way because he had been offside.

I think the whole ground was baffled over that decision.

In fact I spied the lino in the Social Club after the game and asked him about it. He said because MW was in the Witton half and in an offside position he was deemed inactive, however when the ball was played forward to him even though he received it in his own half of the pitch he became activly involved in that period of play so he gave him offside despite the fact the ball never crossed into the Witton half of the pitch. The rules of the game are here. Law 11 Offside, Page 31.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederati...e_2010_11_e.pdf

Make your own mind up but for me you cant be offside in your own half despite the fact you may have come from an offside position in the opponents half.

--------------------
Proud to be one spot of rain in a "shower of fools"

+Quote Post
C Block Ultra
post Oct 7 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 164

The reason the officals are so poor away from home in midweek games is that because these grounds
are so poorly lit it's too bloody dark to actually see anything !!!! crying.gif

--------------------
C BLOCK.... IT'S LOUDER THAN WAR !!!!!

+Quote Post
baldwonder
post Oct 7 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #17

1st team regular

Member No.: 5693

QUOTE (Bear in the Big Blue House @ Oct 7 2010, 09:10 AM) *

In fact I spied the lino in the Social Club after the game and asked him about it. He said because MW was in the Witton half and in an offside position he was deemed inactive, however when the ball was played forward to him even though he received it in his own half of the pitch he became activly involved in that period of play so he gave him offside despite the fact the ball never crossed into the Witton half of the pitch. The rules of the game are here. Law 11 Offside, Page 31.

Make your own mind up but for me you cant be offside in your own half despite the fact you may have come from an offside position in the opponents half.

Agreed wrong call when we broke I looked ahead for who was free Wilde had jogged back over half way stood still then ran when the ball was played to him he actually went past a Witton player as well so even the "gained advantage from being offside" couldn't have played a part in the decision

--------------------
Not a footballing City hey Lawro???

+Quote Post
Posh Jon
post Oct 7 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #18

ONLY COOL PEOPLE CAN SEE MY AVATAR

Member No.: 61

There have been some baffling decisions made this season already, and it's hard not to get a victim complex about it. How we've not yet had a penalty is beyond me, though there were no decisions of that nature last night at least.

The offside in his own half was the real standout from last night, I think it's the first time I've heard the word "how" screamed in unison at a football match. A number of other shockers, though I reckon the refs are coming under the microscope a bit now, as we've discussed them so much. It's the fouls that are given when even the opposition look stunned which are particularly telling.

--------------------
Not posh

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Oct 7 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #19

1st team legend

Member No.: 3504

If, when the ball was played, Wilde was in the opponents half and was in an offside position, then it was the correct decision as he received the ball, so was of course interfering with play. Everyone went mental about this last night, but I thought it was probably the correct decision at the time.

+Quote Post
Bear in the Big ...
post Oct 7 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (Ron Seal @ Oct 7 2010, 02:32 PM) *

If, when the ball was played, Wilde was in the opponents half and was in an offside position, then it was the correct decision as he received the ball, so was of course interfering with play. Everyone went mental about this last night, but I thought it was probably the correct decision at the time.

I hear what you are saying Ron BUT the fact MW was running towards his OWN goal and received the ball in his OWN half of the pitch then the interpretation of the rule should have been to play on, given that decision by the lino last night MW could have been given offside if he had picked the ball up in his own penalty area providing he had ran from the Witton half which is a joke.

--------------------
Proud to be one spot of rain in a "shower of fools"

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Oct 7 2010, 02:25 PM
Post #21

1st team legend

QUOTE (Bear in the Big Blue House @ Oct 7 2010, 03:11 PM) *
QUOTE (Ron Seal @ Oct 7 2010, 02:32 PM) *

I hear what you are saying Ron BUT the fact MW was running towards his OWN goal and received the ball in his OWN half of the pitch then the interpretation of the rule should have been to play on, given that decision by the lino last night MW could have been given offside if he had picked the ball up in his own penalty area providing he had ran from the Witton half which is a joke.

It doesn't matter which direction he was running in, or which half of the field he was in when he received the ball, the fact is that from the moment the ball was played, he was deemed to be in an offside position, and may not participate in play until the ball has then been touched by someone else. I think the Q&A below explains it better than I can.

http://asktheref.com/Soccer%2520Rules/Question/22852/

+Quote Post
Chris
post Oct 7 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #22

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

QUOTE (Ron Seal @ Oct 7 2010, 03:25 PM) *

Yeah, but... they're all American, and one of them's a girl as well (so definitely not qualified to pass comment on the offside rule) - what do any of them know about football? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ron Seal
post Oct 7 2010, 02:35 PM
Post #23

1st team legend

QUOTE (Chris @ Oct 7 2010, 03:32 PM) *
QUOTE (Ron Seal @ Oct 7 2010, 03:25 PM) *

Yeah, but... they're all American, and one of them's a girl as well (so definitely not qualified to pass comment on the offside rule) - what do any of them know about football? wink.gif

Haha, fair enough.

It's pretty basic to me though. I thought it was obvious that if you can back from an offside position to pick up the ball in your own half then you were offside. It's been this way for a while now.

+Quote Post
delamereal
post Oct 7 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #24

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3639

QUOTE (Posh Jon @ Oct 7 2010, 01:41 PM) *
There have been some baffling decisions made this season already, and it's hard not to get a victim complex about it. How we've not yet had a penalty is beyond me, though there were no decisions of that nature last night at least.

The offside in his own half was the real standout from last night, I think it's the first time I've heard the word "how" screamed in unison at a football match. A number of other shockers, though I reckon the refs are coming under the microscope a bit now, as we've discussed them so much. It's the fouls that are given when even the opposition look stunned which are particularly telling.

I think the standard of referees has been poor, but they seem to favour 1 team in the first half, and then the other in the 2nd.

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Oct 10 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

QUOTE (pedro @ Oct 7 2010, 08:43 AM) *
I would love to know how u can be offside in your own half??!! :-S

If he was in the opposition half, in an offside position, when the ball was played and then ran back into his own half to receive the ball - he is offside.

It's when the ball is played, people!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2018 - 02:28 PM