> If it wasn't Mark Wright
Always a Support...
post Feb 27 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #1

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 159

Ok to all those who constantly carp on about MW being crap, who would you have as Manager given:

a) they're available

cool.gif they would actually want to come and work for a club you so heavily criticise

c) excluding Graham Barrow who is part of the current management team

d) not one off "life savers" like Ian Atkins but a good manager who would give us 4/5 years service.

The list should be endless rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Dancers are definitely not drinkers !!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Feb 27 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #2

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 699

Good post AAS, but unfortunately even if we won every game 10-0 there would be people on here demanding to know why it's not 11.....
People criticised Sven as England manager but if you look at the hard facts he was one of our most successful managers. And look what's happened since he left. MW has a good record here, whether people like him or not.

+Quote Post
Ben
post Feb 27 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #3

Supporter

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 76

Its a bit daft to exclude Barrow as he would obviously be most peoples first choice. Apart from him, what about Dennis Smith?

--------------------
Want to reminisce? Check out my youtube channel which has lots of clips of CCFC, including many of the great Harry McNally.

CCFC Old Clips

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Feb 27 2007, 01:07 PM
Post #4

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

SV has had numerous opportunities to appoint Stan Ternant, a proven, professional manager who has stated several times he wants to work in the North West.

As I've said before, I don't think Wright is doing a bad job. Some of us find it difficult to like him, is that against the law or something?

+Quote Post
Mike Griffiths
post Feb 27 2007, 01:10 PM
Post #5

1st team captain

Member No.: 1044

QUOTE (XWWB @ Feb 27 2007, 01:07 PM) *
SV has had numerous opportunities to appoint Stan Ternant, a proven, professional manager who has stated several times he wants to work in the North West.

As I've said before, I don't think Wright is doing a bad job. Some of us find it difficult to like him, is that against the law or something?

No law against it, in fact thats probably a good balanced view, doing a good job but not a likable guy.

--------------------
Chester FC - Its the future

+Quote Post
Always a Support...
post Feb 27 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #6

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mike Griffiths @ Feb 27 2007, 01:10 PM) *

No law against it, in fact thats probably a good balanced view, doing a good job but not a likable guy.

Agree but some call him for all sorts.clown, nerd, ginge, clueless, wife beater etc. etc. And the latest KKK really is an insult. Just hope MW meets up with these PC fronted cowards so they can tell him to his face(not!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oaks Blue
post Feb 27 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #7

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 622

QUOTE (Always a Supporter @ Feb 27 2007, 01:15 PM) *

Agree but some call him for all sorts.clown, nerd, ginge, clueless, wife beater etc. etc. And the latest KKK really is an insult. Just hope MW meets up with these PC fronted cowards so they can tell him to his face(not!)

None of those allegations have been proved either have they? Well apart from the Ginger one obviously...

+Quote Post
Mike Griffiths
post Feb 27 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #8

1st team captain

Member No.: 1044

I would like to see the likes of Crazy Badger meet MW one-on-one. They wouldn't say a bad word to him face to face.

--------------------
Chester FC - Its the future

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Feb 27 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #9

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 1308

He IS a clown AND clueless.

Pick your toys up AAS and accept that people can have a different opinion.Dont forget this is the big brave Markkk Wright that called one of OUR elderly fans(terry and jude) a "soft tw@t".Can you defend that?

Give me Denis Smith with Graham Barrow any day.That revolving door looks like it will be dizzy again this summer.

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
You see that burnt out world that he is living in
I don't need to look for the rules
Here comes the donkey
Chained to a ten ton plough
He'll never make that hill in a million years
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Feb 27 2007, 01:28 PM
Post #10

Sept 7 1968 a Great day for Football
Group Icon

Member No.: 777

QUOTE (Oaks Blue @ Feb 27 2007, 01:18 PM) *

None of those allegations have been proved either have they? Well apart from the Ginger one obviously...

Yeah but ginger is by far the worst allegation surely ?

--------------------

Legend - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gannon

Sir Danny Bergara 1943 - 2007 R.I.P.

+Quote Post
Oaks Blue
post Feb 27 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #11

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Colin Potts @ Feb 27 2007, 01:28 PM) *

I'd rather be a ginger than a Stockport fan Pottsy and thats saying something believe me!

+Quote Post
Colin Potts
post Feb 27 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #12

Sept 7 1968 a Great day for Football
Group Icon

Member No.: 777

QUOTE (Oaks Blue @ Feb 27 2007, 01:33 PM) *
QUOTE (Colin Potts @ Feb 27 2007, 01:28 PM) *

I'd rather be a ginger than a Stockport fan Pottsy and thats saying something believe me!

Thats a blatant lie Oaksy.

You'd love to be a Stockport fan. Anyone would at the moment.

--------------------

Legend - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gannon

Sir Danny Bergara 1943 - 2007 R.I.P.

+Quote Post
Always a Support...
post Feb 27 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Caergwrle Blue @ Feb 27 2007, 01:24 PM) *

He IS a clown AND clueless.

Pick your toys up AAS and accept that people can have a different opinion.Dont forget this is the big brave Markkk Wright that called one of OUR elderly fans(terry and jude) a "soft tw@t".Can you defend that?

Give me Denis Smith with Graham Barrow any day.That revolving door looks like it will be dizzy again this summer.

Not a clown or clueless but unfortunately at times single minded.Spoke at length with him when newly appointed and told me how he was going to get us back into the League.

The strategy he outlined at the time he followed to the letter and he did it

He admitted the worst part would mean, including "getting rid of players who kept us up but not good enough to take us further"

He will do the same next season as we all know he buys almost a new team for each stage of his plan.

Aggressive.yes............obstinate............yes................biased to some players..........yes(but aren't all managers?)

Clown..........no.............racist................no !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Terry and Jude
post Feb 27 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #14

Terry and Jude

Member No.: 2028

Steady on Caergwrle Blue, I know I'm crackin on a bit, and the picture my not do me justice!!! but I'm only 47 this year
as to MW....well its not personal after what he called me, but the majority of the footy this season has been absolute crap, that the view of most of the fans who sit around me and Jude as well....i hate to say that, cos every game i really look forward to, the drive to the ground, pre match pint and walking thru the turnstiles. i'm still like a big kid, cos i love me footy and love Chester City....but within 10 minutes of kick off you can usually see that the teams been sent out NOT to concede a goal.....then maybe, with a bit of luck nick a goal from somewhere....its boring, untidy and grim to watch.....just my opininion anyway....

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Feb 27 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #15

1st team legend
Group Icon

QUOTE (Terry and Jude @ Feb 27 2007, 01:41 PM) *
Steady on Caergwrle Blue, I know I'm crackin on a bit, and the picture my not do me justice!!! but I'm only 47 this year
as to MW....well its not personal after what he called me, but the majority of the footy this season has been absolute crap, that the view of most of the fans who sit around me and Jude as well....i hate to say that, cos every game i really look forward to, the drive to the ground, pre match pint and walking thru the turnstiles. i'm still like a big kid, cos i love me footy and love Chester City....but within 10 minutes of kick off you can usually see that the teams been sent out NOT to concede a goal.....then maybe, with a bit of luck nick a goal from somewhere....its boring, untidy and grim to watch.....just my opininion anyway....

biggrin.gif you soft tw........

No its not.Its breathtaking football played with great pace.Its a joy to watch and it looks like another lockout at the Deva Stadium tonight.Football as it should be played and we are honoured to have such an incredible gentleman at the helm.How we keep hold of someone held in such high regard by the football freternity is beyond me.A great man and a footballing side he built in honour of carpet football.

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
Here comes the donkey
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
Oaks Blue
post Feb 27 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Caergwrle Blue @ Feb 27 2007, 01:47 PM) *

No its not.Its breathtaking football played with great pace.Its a joy to watch and it looks like another lockout at the Deva Stadium tonight.Football as it should be played and we are honoured to have such an incredible gentleman at the helm.How we keep hold of someone held in such high regard by the football freternity is beyond me.A great man and a footballing side he built in honour of carpet football.

I knew you'd come around Cargy, welcome back rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Feb 27 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #17

1st team legend
Group Icon

QUOTE (Always a Supporter @ Feb 27 2007, 01:41 PM) *
Not a clown or clueless but unfortunately at times single minded.Spoke at length with him when newly appointed and told me how he was going to get us back into the League.

The strategy he outlined at the time he followed to the letter and he did it

He admitted the worst part would mean, including "getting rid of players who kept us up but not good enough to take us further"

He will do the same next season as we all know he buys almost a new team for each stage of his plan.

Aggressive.yes............obstinate............yes................biased to some players..........yes(but aren't all managers?)

Clown..........no.............racist................no !

biggrin.gif

Is that plan A,B,C,D,E or F?????

As i said....clueless.

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
Here comes the donkey
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
Terry and Jude
post Feb 27 2007, 01:53 PM
Post #18

Terry and Jude

Member No.: 2028

Laughed so hard me false teeth nearly fell out and me zimmer frame ceased up (brain block....how do ya spell cease/ceaze...help!!!) cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Feb 27 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #19

1st team legend
Group Icon

QUOTE (Terry and Jude @ Feb 27 2007, 01:53 PM) *

Laughed so hard me false teeth nearly fell out and me zimmer frame ceased up (brain block....how do ya spell cease/ceaze...help!!!) cityscarf.gif

You going Senile pal? biggrin.gif

I'll wake you up again tonight if we get another last minute pen.

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
Here comes the donkey
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
Dirge
post Feb 27 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #20

1st team sub

Member No.: 1362

Had to smile that the alternative to "unlikeable" Mark Wright is the "professional" Stan Ternent, who is in court in June charged with assault after being accused of headbutting some bloke.

Reckon he'd fit right in!

+Quote Post
Nobodies-Inn
post Feb 27 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #21

1st team regular

Member No.: 1181

Interesting post.

I don't deny that MW has a good record managing Chester, and I am neither for or against MW, my interest is only in the club.

There are a number of people who come on here who don't like MW and never will, as there are those who will constantly defend him no matter what.

By all accounts from various club reports/ rumour whenever there has been a managerial vacancy at the club, there have been a number of applicants with a varying degree of experience, so attracting people to the job isnt a problem in itself, possibly paying the more experienced ones the salary in question is another matter.

If you exclude GB, even though he would be a likely candidate, this in itself would lend itself to the appointing of a less experienced manager, as they would have the expertise of GB to support them, eg why did Martinez want GB on his staff.

When did a manager of the blues last give the club 4/5 years service, it was quite a while ago, mainly due to the fact that the club are quick to get rid, as opposed to them leaving for better pastures.

As to who is available, well given that MW is still manager and I don't think anyone is realistically calling for his head yet, it is all conjecture.

As Ben said there is Dennis Smith, some people wouldn't like it due to the fact of who he has managed in the past.

Me personally, if the position was to become available, would like to see Andy Ritchie in the frame, although I think we might have the problem of matching his salary, but he is someone who has been fairly successful on a limited budget, and is a well respected coach.

The problem we as supporters have, is that in some eyes MW can do no wrong, and any criticism of him is met with the you're not a true supporter etc etc. There are those who like ccfc says no matter what MW does it will never be enough. However the majority of the fans want the club to be successful, followed by entertaining.

Ok so we all know that MW builds his teams on their defensive capabilities, and there is nothing wrong with that in itself, however there appears to be very little alternative plans for when those defensive capabilities fail. It is the way of football supporters of any club to moan about things they disagree with. Someone has asked in another post would we rather watch us lose 5-4 in an attacking game or win 1-0 in a non exciting drab game. Well as a consumer the answer is neither. I have come away from games where we have drawn 0-0 and thought that was a cracking game, where as we have won 2-0 and I have thought we were shocking. For the 1500 or so regulars who turn up every home game, it shows that they are prepared to put up with a lot, but what is wrong with those same people asking couldnt the team/manager do a bit more/change the style/turns draws into wins etc.

If I was to ask my dad to come to a game with me, he would laugh in my face, and say why pay £17 to watch an unexciting game of football.People may come on here and knock the casual fan, but unfortunately for our attendances to grow its these casual fans that we need to get into the ground and reading reports in the chronicle/leader or hearing reports in the pub from others who went, about how we sat back, had 2 shots on target, but managed to keep the opposition down to one, and maybe if we have been lucky, we nicked it in the last minute to win 1-0, isn't the way to attract these fans.

I'm sure someone will say that this isnt MW's responsibilty, its the club itself that needs to do more to attract people in the ground, and basically I would agree, whoever is manager needs to be judged on results. However whoever is manager can also have a bearing on this.

Reading through various posts over the past few weeks, supposedly we have been going for the play off's, no chance of the play offs, back in with a chance etc etc etc. I think most people would agree that we are a decent mid table club, and that is likely where we will stay. However a bit more adventurous play a month or two ago may have turned defeats into draws, and draws into wins, and maybe the playoff talk would've been more realistic. Again there might be a chance that this would backfire and we would start slipping down the table, but I rate MW highly enough that if that did happen that he would be able to steady the team again and yes maybe we would finish lower than we are likely to now, but at least we could say we gave it a go. If this means playing different formations, giving other players a chance then so be it, there are enough poor teams below us to give us a sufficient cushion against relegation, for this to have been worth a go.

What we all need to remember is that we all support the same club, and we shouldn't be having this us and them attitude. I'm not a keen MW fan, however I am more than happy that for once over the last few years we have had a little bit more stability within the club as a whole, and the stability that MW has given the team, in itself, has to go someway towards the stability of the club, but is there any harm in me as a fan wishing/hoping for something a bit better

So do I want to get rid of MW - the answer is no not really
Could he be more adaptable with his team selection/tactics - then yes
Could any number of other managers have got us to the same position this season - then again the answer is probably yes, as well as either putting us in better/worse positions

+Quote Post
Caergwrle Blue
post Feb 27 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #22

1st team legend
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nobodies-Inn @ Feb 27 2007, 02:19 PM) *
What we all need to remember is that we all support the same club, and we shouldn't be having this us and them attitude. I'm not a keen MW fan, however I am more than happy that for once over the last few years we have had a little bit more stability within the club as a whole, and the stability that MW has given the team, in itself, has to go someway towards the stability of the club, but is there any harm in me as a fan wishing/hoping for something a bit better

Here lies part of the problem.

The day he came back the fans were split,and thats not healthy for the club.All hes done,for me,is simply confirm why we should have appointed someone else.No amount of AAS Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawns will change my mind,but then i wont change his either.He likes him,i think hes a clueless idiot.

I hope i can come on later and say great game,looked solid at the back,played some nice football and got a result.but i doubt it.

--------------------
ANDY MILNER I SALUTE YOU

LONG LIVE THE SEALS

Here comes the wise man
And there goes the fool
Here comes the donkey
Whip crack beating down

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Feb 27 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #23

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Dirge @ Feb 27 2007, 02:14 PM) *

Had to smile that the alternative to "unlikeable" Mark Wright is the "professional" Stan Ternent, who is in court in June charged with assault after being accused of headbutting some bloke.

Reckon he'd fit right in!

Well I have to admit I wasn't aware of that!

I still think he commands more respect from players and fans than Wright, and innocent until proven guilty anyway wink.gif

+Quote Post
Heartbreak Kid
post Feb 27 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #24

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1435

Like him or not, few can deny that Wright has done a great job over the years at Chester & deserves everyone's respect for that.

Even if you don't like the guy as a person he deserves allot of praise for saving us from non league abyss then taking us back to the football league then steadying the ship & pushing us towards the play-offs.

Give him some credit for everything I have just mentioned & put your petty, high & mighty views to one side.

--------------------
WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT SON, AND GET YOUR FATHERS GUN, AND SHOOT THE Wr**h*m SCUM, SHOOT THE Wr**h*m SCUM!!!!

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Feb 27 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #25

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Caergwrle Blue @ Feb 27 2007, 02:30 PM) *
Here lies part of the problem.

The day he came back the fans were split,and thats not healthy for the club.All hes done,for me,is simply confirm why we should have appointed someone else.No amount of AAS Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawns will change my mind,but then i wont change his either.He likes him,i think hes a clueless idiot.

I hope i can come on later and say great game,looked solid at the back,played some nice football and got a result.but i doubt it.

I hope you can too. Not holding my breath though.

We are mid table, and have a game against an old enemy. There should be 3500 on the ground tonight. There will be a struggle to get 2000. Why? AAS, ask yourself why? I'll tell you, nobody wants to watch it. It's turgid, defensive, mind numbing SH*TE.

Wrights just been on Dee radio whinging that we need a winger, a 'big lad up front' and a big combative midfielder. He has let 'big fellas' Broughton and Richardson go in the last 12 months (after signing both of them), has let winger McSporran go (after signing him - and Meechan), and has Kearney/Cronin/Hand/Bennett available in centre mid (all of whom he has signed) along with the options of Hessey and Rutherford.

Up front HE signed Yeo and Steele. He refuses to give Holroyd a go. He has options. He cannot say the board of Chester City don't or haven't supported him. He should be getting none of the sympathy he asks for.

We have nothing left to lose. We aren't going down, so lets try to play a bit of attacking football tonight, and get some more people into the ground.

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th August 2018 - 05:11 PM