Deva Chat - Guess who's back? Back again? DC's back. Tell a friend.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Hereford United Expelled From Conference
toto
post Jun 10 2014, 08:53 PM
Post #51

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 314

QUOTE (Paulie @ Jun 10 2014, 08:25 PM) *
It's as good as a promotion for us in my opinion. Im a happy chap tonight.

cityscarf.gif

Agreed wholeheartedly and without reservation. In life you accept Gestures like this, despite the slight injustice of it. C'est la vie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Paulie
post Jun 10 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #52

1st team regular

Member No.: 10919

QUOTE (toto @ Jun 10 2014, 09:53 PM) *

cityscarf.gif

Agreed wholeheartedly and without reservation. In life you accept Gestures like this, despite the slight injustice of it. C'est la vie.

It might sound heartless but I honestly couldn't give two hoots to what has happened to Hereford today, I'm only interested in what has happened to Chester FC today and it's the greatest bit of luck this club will probably ever get.

Celebrate it!

This post has been edited by Paulie: Jun 10 2014, 09:00 PM

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Jun 10 2014, 09:13 PM
Post #53

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 4249

QUOTE (a view from outside @ Jun 10 2014, 09:24 PM) *
Tommy says -

Club owner Tommy Agombar spoke to the Hereford United FC Official Website following the news released today that Hereford United have been expelled from The Football Conference.

"The club was not in a position to pay the Football Conference's requirement of a £350,000 bond. A bond that we could not touch during the season. Neither Macclesfield Town or Salisbury City were put in the same position as we were regarding this.

"I am truly gutted that this situation has arisen, I bought the club in the knowledge that I was buying a Conference Premier side, but the amount of debt that we have discovered, and have to now deal with, has brought about unwanted changes to our initial plans.

"I have today made sure that payments are being made to both staff and creditors, and we will also be sorting out payments to Martin Foyle and HMRC this month.

"I am fully behind the club and will be making every effort possible to get it back to where it belongs, The Football League.

"When I came into the club I had a three-year plan to take the club forward and back into the League, the recent happenings have turned that into a four or five-year plan, but I'm still determined to turn it around for Hereford United. I want us to hit the ground running in the 2014/15 season and get this club back on track on the field and off it.

"I want to prove to United fans that we are serious, and we'll be putting together a team to prove that we are. We will have quality players coming into our club.

"I'm keen to talk to supporters as soon as I can and we will arrange a Fans Forum at the earliest possible opportunity".

I really feel for the Hereford supporters and wish them all the best, I find it strange that Tommy Agombar says he has today made sure that payments are being made to both staff and creditors, and we will also be sorting out payments to Martin Foyle and HMRC this month.
Why didn't he do that before the AGM it would have shown good faith and perhaps the conference would have been more lenient with them ?

This post has been edited by blue thunder: Jun 10 2014, 09:19 PM

--------------------
21 Forest Green 30 4 4 7 13 20 2 4 9 16 35 -26 26
22 Gateshead 29 4 3 7 13 16 3 2 10 19 30 -14 25
23 Grays Athletic 30 3 3 10 14 33 0 5 9 13 31 -37 17
24 Chester 28 3 1 9 13 19 2 6 7 10 23 -19 -3

Thanks alot SV you've made history weve never been so low now fook off and take your puppets with you

+Quote Post
Bandit12
post Jun 10 2014, 09:24 PM
Post #54

Squad player

Member No.: 6521

QUOTE (Bambi_CCFC @ Jun 10 2014, 09:43 PM) *
Wrexham, Grimsby, Lincoln, Barnet, Macc, Alty, Telford, Torquay, Bristol Rovers etc - just a few off the top of my head that I'm really looking forward to already.

Stockport, Chorley & Fylde would have been ok but you can't beat being in a proper national league which, might I add, is where we definitely belong for now.

We do need to learn from the mistakes that have been made over the last 12 months though. We've a truly top non-league manager at the club now and hopefully he can guide us towards a much more solid season. 12 months ago we didn't have the right things in place to be truly competitive in this division and that became abundantly clear early in to the season. This time around, nobody is expecting miracles overnight but we must ensure this bit of (rare) good fortune doesn't go to waste.

For me, today is as important a moment in our history as any of the three previous promotions. Granted, you don't get open top bus parades on days like this but you do get another chance to compete alongside other traditional football league clubs who all, like us, want to get back to where they feel they really belong. It was a chance I was certain had gone, only a few days ago.

To another crack at the Conference Premier citysign.GIF

Agree with all of this ! Got third degree burns on my thighs from the amount of time
spent on this bloody laptop over the last couple of days...... !!

What a result ! And the best thing we could do in honour of HEREFORD UTDs' fans
is grab this opportunity with both hands !!

As has already been shown, the time for being humble hasn't been reached. Some
of their fans AREN'T READY to accept condolences either. Emotions have been
running high on both sides, but I think we should allow ourselves to be completely
over-joyed at the Conference having come to the right decision !

Cannot wait now for next season and would love all of us that wear our Chester
tops with pride on match days, to make the effort to wear them at every opprtunity
over the coming weeks !! Perhaps make this Saturday "THE DAY" to show our
support and let's hit the ground running come next season ?

Perhaps, although I'm from Scotland, wearing your Chester tops on the days when
England play, might show the residence of Chester the level of support that
exists in their own back yards for the beautiful game and "OUR FOOTBALL TEAM"
After all, in the light of the "B-team League Boll8x" shouldn't we be looking to
promote "grass routes" and "home-grown" talent at every opportunuty ????

.....arrrgggh feck it ! Some git's gunna argue the toss !! "Never have I enjoyed
my football so much as I have over the last 4 yrs (last season included) "I
COULDN'T BE HAPPIER RIGHT NOW, SO DON'T EVEN BOTHER TRYING TO DAMPEN
MY FIRE !" LOVE CHESTER FC !!! BLUEEAAAARRRMMMY !! biggrin.gif

--------------------
PROUD TO BE PART OF C.F.C...... "The cultural backbone of this City".......PRIDE, PASSION,WE ARE CHESTER

STILL SMILING + 31 : 08 : 2013 + YOU HAD TO BE THERE !!

(copyright JJRA)

+Quote Post
Bandit12
post Jun 10 2014, 09:43 PM
Post #55

Squad player

Member No.: 6521

QUOTE (bluesince72 @ Jun 10 2014, 10:36 PM) *
Tommy says -
"I'm keen to talk to supporters as soon as I can and we will arrange a Fans Forum at the earliest possible opportunity".

Reading bulls banter he will need a large tin hat!!

Maybe he can find one at a bargain price, going cheap as it 'fell off the back of a lorry' unsure.gif

Hereford fans should run him out of town.

As it stands, I think its truly incredible that this man thinks he's got a future in Hereford .

--------------------
PROUD TO BE PART OF C.F.C...... "The cultural backbone of this City".......PRIDE, PASSION,WE ARE CHESTER

STILL SMILING + 31 : 08 : 2013 + YOU HAD TO BE THERE !!

(copyright JJRA)

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Jun 10 2014, 10:14 PM
Post #56

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Group: DC Moderators
Member No.: 1207

QUOTE (Bandit12 @ Jun 10 2014, 05:43 PM) *
QUOTE (bluesince72 @ Jun 10 2014, 10:36 PM) *
Tommy says -

Reading bulls banter he will need a large tin hat!!

Maybe he can find one at a bargain price, going cheap as it 'fell off the back of a lorry' unsure.gif

Hereford fans should run him out of town.

As it stands, I think its truly incredible that this man thinks he's got a future in Hereford .

He is an associate of SV isn't he?? At least cut from the same cloth.

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
essexexile
post Jun 10 2014, 10:19 PM
Post #57

Youth team

Member No.: 10434

If they don't run him out of town I fear for the future of their club.

+Quote Post
PhillippeDuLait
post Jun 10 2014, 10:32 PM
Post #58

Like a Tesco's Carrier Bag

Member No.: 139

Knocks the relegation* stat from Neil Young's CV too. Everyone's a winner (Hereford excepted).

--------------------
Your optimism strikes me like junkmail addressed to the dead

http://twitter.com/phillippedulait

+Quote Post
NorwegianBlue
post Jun 10 2014, 10:34 PM
Post #59

Chester til I die

Member No.: 8140

So they have been expelled from the Conference, then the club is still in business without a League to play in.

I wonder where they will start if they get past the taxman?

I see a winding up, a sale of Edgar Street to a Agombar and a Phoenix club starting in time for 2015/16 season.

Good luck HUST and HUISA !

--------------------
I was there : 27-11-90 The 409 club.
I was there : 31-08-13 The 888 club.
I was there : 22-09-14 The "94th minute" club.

+Quote Post
Langley Mill Blu...
post Jun 10 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #60

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 71

Tommy says -

Club owner Tommy Agombar spoke to the Hereford United FC Official Website following the news released today that Hereford United have been expelled from The Football Conference.

"The club was not in a position to pay the Football Conference's requirement of a £350,000 bond. A bond that we could not touch during the season. Neither Macclesfield Town or Salisbury City were put in the same position as we were regarding this.

"I am truly gutted that this situation has arisen, I bought the club in the knowledge that I was buying a Conference Premier side, but the amount of debt that we have discovered, and have to now deal with, has brought about unwanted changes to our initial plans.

"I have today made sure that payments are being made to both staff and creditors, and we will also be sorting out payments to Martin Foyle and HMRC this month.

"I am fully behind the club and will be making every effort possible to get it back to where it belongs, The Football League.

"When I came into the club I had a three-year plan to take the club forward and back into the League, the recent happenings have turned that into a four or five-year plan, but I'm still determined to turn it around for Hereford United. I want us to hit the ground running in the 2014/15 season and get this club back on track on the field and off it.

"I want to prove to United fans that we are serious, and we'll be putting together a team to prove that we are. We will have quality players coming into our club.

Its like listening to SV all over again. I'm paying this/that etc, the debt is bigger than expected. Due diligence?

Why wait until after being kicked out to start paying people? It sounds like he's trying to tell people what they want to hear whilst continuing with ulterior motives.

I'm no longer shocked or surprised that people like this are continually allowed to own football clubs by the authorities.

--------------------
You've got nothing to say and your saying it TOO LOUD!

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Jun 10 2014, 10:57 PM
Post #61

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (NorwegianBlue @ Jun 10 2014, 11:34 PM) *
So they have been expelled from the Conference, then the club is still in business without a League to play in.

I wonder where they will start if they get past the taxman?

I see a winding up, a sale of Edgar Street to a Agombar and a Phoenix club starting in time for 2015/16 season .

Good luck HUST and HUISA !

IF TA is in charge I fail to see how he will pass the fit and proper person test as for Edgar Street don't the council still own it ? if they owe the council money the Hereford fans should get on to the council bowdown.gif

--------------------

Thanks alot SV you've made history weve never been so low now fook off and take your puppets with you

+Quote Post
sealy
post Jun 10 2014, 11:02 PM
Post #62

Squad player

Member No.: 5584

Thank God for what we did. Unfortunately Hereford have what we had: those who believe the bulls**t from the so called businessmen. Sorry Hereford fans do not believe the c*** being spoken - unite and get rid and make the club your own then enjoy the rollercoaster under your control. Been there, seen it, done it, worn the T shirt and still wearing it.

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Jun 10 2014, 11:06 PM
Post #63

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (sealy @ Jun 11 2014, 12:02 AM) *
Thank God for what we did. Unfortunately Hereford have what we had: those who believe the bulls**t from the so called businessmen. Sorry Hereford fans do not believe the c*** being spoken - unite and get rid and make the club your own then enjoy the rollercoaster under your control. Been there, seen it, done it, worn the T shirt and still wearing it.

But so glad we did bowdown.gif they really have to take control and get rid of these ppl they don't care about the club just what money they can make rolleyes.gif long live the CFU cityscarf.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Jun 11 2014, 05:40 AM
Post #64

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

QUOTE (blue thunder @ Jun 11 2014, 12:06 AM) *

But so glad we did bowdown.gif they really have to take control and get rid of these ppl they don't care about the club just what money they can make rolleyes.gif long live the CFU cityscarf.gif

Everyday I thank my lucky stars that we are fans-owned. There are still some supporters who crave an investor and are not content with the model we have. (Be it a very small minority). Let the Hereford situation be your lesson and guide. Never again will our club be put at risk, for short term gain.
As for Hereford, they need to do what we did and organise a boycott and press the inland revenue to kill off the old club, so that the Trust can re-build, under fans control.

+Quote Post
Little White Bul...
post Jun 11 2014, 03:52 PM
Post #65

Debut

Member No.: 11652

QUOTE (1midfield general @ Jun 11 2014, 06:40 AM) *

Everyday I thank my lucky stars that we are fans-owned. There are still some supporters who crave an investor and are not content with the model we have. (Be it a very small minority). Let the Hereford situation be your lesson and guide. Never again will our club be put at risk, for short term gain.
As for Hereford, they need to do what we did and organise a boycott and press the inland revenue to kill off the old club, so that the Trust can re-build, under fans control.

I am really envious of you guys at the moment....fan owned club in the conference premier with a decent manager...whilst here in Hereford long- serving unpaid back room staff are leaving in tears, ex players still not paid, no league to play in as yet (hopefully no one will accept the current club so we can start again), whilst 40 trialists are put up on camp beds in the Vice Presidents club overnight for a kick about on a local playing field! I don't think it could get much worse...roll on Hereford United 2015.

+Quote Post
brentwood blue
post Jun 11 2014, 03:56 PM
Post #66

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 3717

Salisbury next?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27796102

+Quote Post
TheTheremin
post Jun 11 2014, 05:13 PM
Post #67

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2194

QUOTE (brentwood blue @ Jun 11 2014, 04:56 PM) *

The Salisbury situation is crystal clear and specifically covered by the rules. If a club takeover completes during a season then all football creditors must be paid during that season.

Salisbury had a good season with a team they couldn't afford and haven't paid for. Should be out really.

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Jun 11 2014, 07:24 PM
Post #68

1st team stalwart

It seems Vaughan maybe involved in this farce rolleyes.gif

http://unofficialbulls.proboards.com/threa...an-involved-100

http://unofficialbulls.proboards.com/thread/41258/got-right

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Jun 11 2014, 08:37 PM
Post #69

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Group: DC Moderators
Member No.: 1207

Lord help them!

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
TheTheremin
post Jun 11 2014, 08:42 PM
Post #70

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (blue thunder @ Jun 11 2014, 08:24 PM) *

As soon as there was a link to Malta it seemed plausible.

+Quote Post
Devon Blue
post Jun 11 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #71

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 42

QUOTE (Paulie @ Jun 10 2014, 09:59 PM) *
QUOTE (toto @ Jun 10 2014, 09:53 PM) *

cityscarf.gif

It might sound heartless but I honestly couldn't give two hoots to what has happened to Hereford today, I'm only interested in what has happened to Chester FC today and it's the greatest bit of luck this club will probably ever get.

Celebrate it!

Totally ungracious - and not the time for comments like that. You must have a short memory.

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>COME ON YOU BLUES! </span>

+Quote Post
TheTheremin
post Jun 11 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #72

1st team stalwart

Looks grim for salisbury

+Quote Post
woolston blue
post Jun 11 2014, 11:08 PM
Post #73

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5676

QUOTE (Little White Bull @ Jun 11 2014, 04:52 PM) *

I am really envious of you guys at the moment....fan owned club in the conference premier with a decent manager...whilst here in Hereford long- serving unpaid back room staff are leaving in tears, ex players still not paid, no league to play in as yet (hopefully no one will accept the current club so we can start again), whilst 40 trialists are put up on camp beds in the Vice Presidents club overnight for a kick about on a local playing field! I don't think it could get much worse...roll on Hereford United 2015.

Things will seem terrible for you at the moment. The best thing that happened to us was going bust and starting again with a clean slate.Thankfully we had a great bunch of volunteers and great help from other fan owned clubs and a helpful council. Turning up to watch us play Colwyn Bay away with a bunch of players none of us knew was very strange but a huge step forward. The football wasn't great at first but it improved steadily. Visiting tiny grounds used to home crowds of 100 or so was a great experience, some great places and friendly locals. It really was an experience I'll always remember (Chorley being the exception).

If you can get control of your club in whatever division it will be worth it. You don't want to do a Northwich and have a breakaway club while the original club still exists. Stick together, bring the club down, start again, own it, enjoy it. Good luck guiness.gif

This post has been edited by woolston blue: Jun 11 2014, 11:09 PM

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Jun 11 2014, 11:16 PM
Post #74

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (TheTheremin @ Jun 11 2014, 11:53 PM) *
Looks grim for salisbury

Feel really sorry for Hereford from what I've read today angry.gif and I agree things look bad for Salisbury aswell rolleyes.gif it really makes you wonder what league they will end up in.

This post has been edited by blue thunder: Jun 11 2014, 11:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
blue thunder
post Jun 11 2014, 11:20 PM
Post #75

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (woolston blue @ Jun 12 2014, 12:08 AM) *
QUOTE (Little White Bull @ Jun 11 2014, 04:52 PM) *

But so glad we did bowdown.gif they really have to take control and get rid of these ppl they don't care about the club just what money they can make rolleyes.gif long live the CFU

Things will seem terrible for you at the moment. The best thing that happened to us was going bust and starting again with a clean slate.Thankfully we had a great bunch of volunteers and great help from other fan owned clubs and a helpful council. Turning up to watch us play Colwyn Bay away with a bunch of players none of us knew was very strange but a huge step forward. The football wasn't great at first but it improved steadily. Visiting tiny grounds used to home crowds of 100 or so was a great experience, some great places and friendly locals. It really was an experience I'll always remember (Chorley being the exception).

If you can get control of your club in whatever division it will be worth it. You don't want to do a Northwich and have a breakaway club while the original club still exists. Stick together, bring the club down, start again, own it, enjoy it. Good luck guiness.gif

Get the council on side and sponsors you will need them for your future bowdown.gif best of luck guys fight for your club and take control cityscarf.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2017 - 08:48 PM