Closed TopicStart new topic
> Hereford United Expelled From Conference
jonniebling
post Jun 10 2014, 04:36 PM
Post #26

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1283

Just got in and read the news, my first thoughts turns to HUFC sadly, really gotta feel for them, however if we can help them in any way we can that would be brilliant, on the other hand really looking forward to another season of premier football and the signings just keep coming sounds like an excellent wise decision by SB to sign on again.

In one way I'm glad they have turned of the life support machine at HuFC as it will allow now for the fans to take control and rightly so they should, really wouldn't like to be a bulls fan tonight no beer celebrations from me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bullyboy
post Jun 10 2014, 04:40 PM
Post #27

Debut

Member No.: 11645

gutted, the HUFCs fans didnt deserve this crap.

Do us proud next season. cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jun 10 2014, 05:15 PM
Post #28

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Moderators
Member No.: 91

Staying in the Conference will save us getting promoted from Conf North again.

But .... feel gutted for every Hereford supporter, and we know better than most how they will be feeling right now.

They have been fed some right bulls**t over the past few weeks. For me, now is the time for them to take charge at Hereford. Whatever the consequences, whatever the cost in terms of league status.

They're actually in a worse place than we were. When the Vaughan's went bust, at least we had enough time to secure the ground and enter a team for the following August. It looks like Hereford fans might have a wasted 12 months while things are sorted out.

Good Luck to them!

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
1midfield genera...
post Jun 10 2014, 05:17 PM
Post #29

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8334

I think Hereford are in the boycott stage. The 'old' club needs to be killed off, as soon as possible, to enable the Trust to take control.
I really feel for the fans, we have been there, ourselves. Lets grasp our 'second chance', with both hands and justify our place in the Conference

+Quote Post
Ean
post Jun 10 2014, 05:34 PM
Post #30

chester football club supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2289

:city sign:
really feel for the Hereford fan ,we as Chester fans know all to well what they are going through

they must now take there club back from the clowns that are strangling it slowly , and not only wish them all the best
in getting there club back , but am sure our club could help should they need it.

this is not the way I would have liked to stay in the conference , but having followed the rules we find our selves back in the prem
so be it .

with some more solid signings I am sure we will be a lot further up the table this season

--------------------
I'M A FOOL

WHY DON'T YOU BECOME ONE TOO

bugler for the masses
west stand
golf pro to the stars
well nwas anyway

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Jun 10 2014, 06:00 PM
Post #31

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

Hope the Bulls bounce back genuinely, I really feel for them because I know how they are feeling but there is a way back if they do it right maybe we could help them!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Jun 10 2014, 06:03 PM
Post #32

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

As has been said, the worst thing that can happen to Hereford now is that they start way down the pyramid with the same people running the football club. There's no way back if they do.

However, if they can start their own fan owned club then it's only a matter of time before they're back in the Conference - and they'll have one hell of a ride along the way.

Today is the end but it's also the beginning, those Hereford fans have now got to do everything they can to ensure their town has the football club it deserves.

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
frenchy34
post Jun 10 2014, 06:20 PM
Post #33

Squad player

Member No.: 11581

on twitter a hereford fan 10 years old sold his toys to try and help with the funds he raised 200 quid and now he's got shafted

+Quote Post
Paulie
post Jun 10 2014, 06:26 PM
Post #34

1st team regular

Member No.: 10919

QUOTE (frenchy34 @ Jun 10 2014, 07:20 PM) *
on twitter a hereford fan 10 years old sold his toys to try and help with the funds he raised 200 quid and now he's got shafted

The parents are mugs for allowing the kid to do it. It was blatantly obvious the debts were not going to be cleared by the owners.

+Quote Post
Charfield Blue
post Jun 10 2014, 06:42 PM
Post #35

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 174

QUOTE (1midfield general @ Jun 10 2014, 06:17 PM) *
I think Hereford are in the boycott stage. The 'old' club needs to be killed off, as soon as possible, to enable the Trust to take control.
I really feel for the fans, we have been there, ourselves. Lets grasp our 'second chance', with both hands and justify our place in the Conference

Absolutely. It's not over for them yet. Things still have to get worse before they have the potential to get better. The quickest way to minimise the agony is to withdraw support.

--------------------
The Craig Revel-Horwood of non-league football forums - cheers Viv

One Nugget short of a Happy Meal

+Quote Post
Draper
post Jun 10 2014, 06:58 PM
Post #36

1st team sub

Member No.: 5274

I'm amazed that Wikipedia is all up to date with today's news!

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Jun 10 2014, 07:10 PM
Post #37

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

No celebration for me tonight!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
rimmersring
post Jun 10 2014, 07:14 PM
Post #38

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 10799

so sad to day for Hereford, i been to a fair few games at edgar street in the late 90s, so lets hope the fans can take over the club and one day come back fighting..throws us a life line to challenge in the Prem ..and maybe if their fans can get it sorted it could be a blessing in disguise for them.

+Quote Post
NorwegianBlue
post Jun 10 2014, 07:30 PM
Post #39

Chester til I die

Member No.: 8140

QUOTE (rimmersring @ Jun 10 2014, 09:14 PM) *
so sad to day for Hereford, i been to a fair few games at edgar street in the late 90s, so lets hope the fans can take over the club and one day come back fighting..throws us a life line to challenge in the Prem ..and maybe if their fans can get it sorted it could be a blessing in disguise for them.

I agree.

If the present club fold/reborn or are taken over by the HUST, I think apart from advice a fund raising friendly against them is the least Chester FC can offer.

cityscarf.gif

--------------------
I was there : 27-11-90 The 409 club.
I was there : 31-08-13 The 888 club.
I was there : 22-09-14 The "94th minute" club.

+Quote Post
TheBlueandWhite
post Jun 10 2014, 07:33 PM
Post #40

Squad player

Member No.: 7770

BLOG - On the reprieve http://theblueandwhitefanzine.co.uk/on-the-reprieve/

--------------------
The Blue and White - All profits to the Junior Blues!
Shortlisted for FSF Fanzine of the Year 2013 (which means we are currently one of the top six fanzines in the country)!

+Quote Post
jack
post Jun 10 2014, 07:33 PM
Post #41

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3692

Can only echo the sentiments, really. I think this is the correct and fair decision but it is so sad that proper Football Clubs continually get into the hands of the wrong people. The F.A really need to realise that football does not stop outside of the top 20 teams in this country and protect lower league clubs.

For Hereford now, it really can be the beginning. The current company of HUFC is sadly nothing but a shell of the club those fans loved. It has to be cut loose, that is the ONLY decision that will see Football in Hereford again one day soon. You'll get taunts of 'you let your club die', just as we have but if anything, the steps they are taking to totally go back to basics and start again will actually be the very action that secures Hereford will have a football team in 100 years time. Very best of luck to them.

+Quote Post
Buckley Blue
post Jun 10 2014, 07:35 PM
Post #42

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7121

I genuinely feel sorry for the Hereford fans and the uncertain future they face but make no mistake I am celebrating. Another season in the conference prem with a decent manager and a full time team as opposed to a season of pub team football, what's not to celebrate.

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Jun 10 2014, 07:47 PM
Post #43

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

Hopefully Hereford can bounce back from this, I'm sure they will in the way the fans see fit.

Obviously I'm pleased for ourselves, well, maybe more relieved but I'm gutted for them too, we know what this feels like and the fans deserve so much better.

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Jun 10 2014, 08:15 PM
Post #44

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

It feels pretty empty for me and it's not a satisfying way to stay up, but it is the correct decision. Good luck to Hereford, although it probably doesn't feel like it, this will be for the best.

+Quote Post
toto
post Jun 10 2014, 08:22 PM
Post #45

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 314

Just heard from my mate in Bordeaux whose an ardent Brentford fan. Ignoring Hereford's woes this is celebration time!
We don't deserve it but I will accept it with open arms. Football is by nature a cruel and unpredictable sport.......you have to accept the blessings
when they happen. Its been a long and stressful day buying a house but this just tools it all!

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Jun 10 2014, 08:24 PM
Post #46

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

Tommy says -

Club owner Tommy Agombar spoke to the Hereford United FC Official Website following the news released today that Hereford United have been expelled from The Football Conference.

"The club was not in a position to pay the Football Conference's requirement of a £350,000 bond. A bond that we could not touch during the season. Neither Macclesfield Town or Salisbury City were put in the same position as we were regarding this.

"I am truly gutted that this situation has arisen, I bought the club in the knowledge that I was buying a Conference Premier side, but the amount of debt that we have discovered, and have to now deal with, has brought about unwanted changes to our initial plans.

"I have today made sure that payments are being made to both staff and creditors, and we will also be sorting out payments to Martin Foyle and HMRC this month.

"I am fully behind the club and will be making every effort possible to get it back to where it belongs, The Football League.

"When I came into the club I had a three-year plan to take the club forward and back into the League, the recent happenings have turned that into a four or five-year plan, but I'm still determined to turn it around for Hereford United. I want us to hit the ground running in the 2014/15 season and get this club back on track on the field and off it.

"I want to prove to United fans that we are serious, and we'll be putting together a team to prove that we are. We will have quality players coming into our club.

"I'm keen to talk to supporters as soon as I can and we will arrange a Fans Forum at the earliest possible opportunity".

+Quote Post
Paulie
post Jun 10 2014, 08:25 PM
Post #47

1st team regular

Member No.: 10919

It's as good as a promotion for us in my opinion. Im a happy chap tonight.

cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
Harry Blaen
post Jun 10 2014, 08:26 PM
Post #48

born 2B blue

Member No.: 5237

Neither do I feel any comfort in this news, just as there was no fear of a season in conference north. We owe it to the Bulls to make it to the play-offs now. cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Jun 10 2014, 08:43 PM
Post #49

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

Wrexham, Grimsby, Lincoln, Barnet, Macc, Alty, Telford, Torquay, Bristol Rovers etc - just a few off the top of my head that I'm really looking forward to already.

Stockport, Chorley & Fylde would have been ok but you can't beat being in a proper national league which, might I add, is where we definitely belong for now.

We do need to learn from the mistakes that have been made over the last 12 months though. We've a truly top non-league manager at the club now and hopefully he can guide us towards a much more solid season. 12 months ago we didn't have the right things in place to be truly competitive in this division and that became abundantly clear early in to the season. This time around, nobody is expecting miracles overnight but we must ensure this bit of (rare) good fortune doesn't go to waste.

For me, today is as important a moment in our history as any of the three previous promotions. Granted, you don't get open top bus parades on days like this but you do get another chance to compete alongside other traditional football league clubs who all, like us, want to get back to where they feel they really belong. It was a chance I was certain had gone, only a few days ago.

To another crack at the Conference Premier citysign.GIF

This post has been edited by Bambi_CCFC: Jun 10 2014, 08:45 PM

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Jun 10 2014, 08:52 PM
Post #50

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

QUOTE (a view from outside @ Jun 10 2014, 04:24 PM) *
Tommy says -

Club owner Tommy Agombar spoke to the Hereford United FC Official Website following the news released today that Hereford United have been expelled from The Football Conference.

"The club was not in a position to pay the Football Conference's requirement of a £350,000 bond. A bond that we could not touch during the season. Neither Macclesfield Town or Salisbury City were put in the same position as we were regarding this.

"I am truly gutted that this situation has arisen, I bought the club in the knowledge that I was buying a Conference Premier side, but the amount of debt that we have discovered, and have to now deal with, has brought about unwanted changes to our initial plans.

"I have today made sure that payments are being made to both staff and creditors, and we will also be sorting out payments to Martin Foyle and HMRC this month.

"I am fully behind the club and will be making every effort possible to get it back to where it belongs, The Football League.

"When I came into the club I had a three-year plan to take the club forward and back into the League, the recent happenings have turned that into a four or five-year plan, but I'm still determined to turn it around for Hereford United. I want us to hit the ground running in the 2014/15 season and get this club back on track on the field and off it.

"I want to prove to United fans that we are serious, and we'll be putting together a team to prove that we are. We will have quality players coming into our club.

"I'm keen to talk to supporters as soon as I can and we will arrange a Fans Forum at the earliest possible opportunity".

That should be an interesting meeting!! cityscarf.gif

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2017 - 11:40 AM