Deva Chat - Guess who's back? Back again? DC's back. Tell a friend.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Chance of survival
Guest_chester_matt_*
post Feb 28 2005, 05:44 PM
Post #1

Guests

What you think? We need to score for a start - only done soin 2 out of 9 games.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clare's amaz...
post Feb 28 2005, 05:47 PM
Post #2

Deva Chat's voice of reason
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 720

A week on Saturday a 10 point cushion could be down to 4.

If that's the case, we're gone.

+Quote Post
XWWB
post Feb 28 2005, 06:42 PM
Post #3

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (chester_matt @ Feb 28 2005, 05:44 PM)
What you think?  We need to score for a start - only done soin 2 out of 9 games.

2 out of 10 in fact, and we haven't managed one against a team higher than us in the league in all that time.

If we can't score, we can't win. The number of games we've had in the last few weeks where I've known we've lost as soon as we've gone behind has been crazy.

+Quote Post
Lemmiwinks
post Feb 28 2005, 06:55 PM
Post #4

The Gerbil King

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1489

we wont go down end of story, anyone who thinks we will godown can have a bet with me at 5/1

--------------------

A great adventure is waiting for you ahead. Hurry on Lemmiwinks, for you will soon be dead. A Journey before you may be long and filled with woe. But you must escape the gay man's ass, or your tale can't be told.

Lemmiwinks, Lemmiwinks, Lemmiwinks, Lemmiwinks!

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Feb 28 2005, 06:56 PM
Post #5

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Group: DC Moderators
Member No.: 1207

An optimist I see. Hope you are right, but have that awful sinking feeling.

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
Lemmiwinks
post Feb 28 2005, 07:00 PM
Post #6

The Gerbil King

Member No.: 1489

im a gerbil, not an optimist

How can you tell whats going on with your flapping head?

--------------------

A great adventure is waiting for you ahead. Hurry on Lemmiwinks, for you will soon be dead. A Journey before you may be long and filled with woe. But you must escape the gay man's ass, or your tale can't be told.

Lemmiwinks, Lemmiwinks, Lemmiwinks, Lemmiwinks!

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Feb 28 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

I was slated by many for having the confidence to declare we won't be relegated come May. It's wasted breath on here, Lemmiwinks..... unfortunately.

We can't score for fudge at the moment, when we concede a goal we concede the game and the management have been utterly inept in all departments for a while now. However, I still think we will stay up. Cue the abuse...... dry.gif

This post has been edited by Mancot Blue: Feb 28 2005, 10:51 PM

+Quote Post
Deva Devil
post Feb 28 2005, 11:12 PM
Post #8

Naughty but nice

Member No.: 90

Lemmiwinks Posted Today, 06:55 PM
  we wont go down end of story, anyone who thinks we will godown can have a bet with me at 5/1

No thanks, you could get 20/1 with the tote or a more recently updated 8/1 with Bet365.

for the best bet, see my other thread about our end of season points tally.

+Quote Post
GazCCFC
post Mar 1 2005, 11:08 AM
Post #9

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 733

All it will take is for Kiddy or Cambridge to go on a run and we're in sh*t...and the signs are that both could...especially Cambridge of recent.

As has been said we can't score and can't defend so what hope have we got? Yes we might have a 10 point cushion at the moment but there's still many games to go and where do you see us picking up points if you also believe we've still got these two fundamental problems? These two fundamental problems being the main aspects of a game of football?

I fear, I really do that the players are as complacent as 1-2 fans on here. Don't be deceived, there's a long way to go, York were in exactly the same position last season and look what happened to them.

If you were there Sat and also witnessed sum of the shambolic performances pre and post xmas I'm sure you will join in my concern....

+Quote Post
Heartbreak Kid
post Mar 1 2005, 11:20 AM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1435

QUOTE (GazCCFC @ Mar 1 2005, 12:08 PM)
All it will take is for Kiddy or Cambridge to go on a run and we're in sh*t...and the signs are that both could...especially Cambridge of recent.

As has been said we can't score and can't defend so what hope have we got? Yes we might have a 10 point cushion at the moment but there's still many games to go and where do you see us picking up points if you also believe we've still got these two fundamental problems? These two fundamental problems being the main aspects of a game of football?

I fear, I really do that the players are as complacent as 1-2 fans on here. Don't be deceived, there's a long way to go, York were in exactly the same position last season and look what happened to them.

If you were there Sat and also witnessed sum of the shambolic performances pre and post xmas I'm sure you will join in my concern....

Definately..... Those 2 are satarting to claw their way back while we seem to be sinking fast.

We need drastic improvement - AND FAST!!!!

--------------------
WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT SON, AND GET YOUR FATHERS GUN, AND SHOOT THE Wr**h*m SCUM, SHOOT THE Wr**h*m SCUM!!!!

+Quote Post
GazCCFC
post Mar 1 2005, 11:27 AM
Post #11

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 733

This is true, every year the two teams at the bottom at this stage pick up and desperately try and save themselves, you only have to see us 4 years ago as an example of this.

I feel the management, backroom, players and several supporters have become far too complacent since we won at Kiddy (and we certainly didn't deserve to win that day).

Two months of the season to go, many games to play, many twists and turns left and we can't score goals, can't even create decent chances and of late can't defend to save our lives....concern surely should be shown...and not before its too late.

This post has been edited by GazCCFC: Mar 1 2005, 11:29 AM

+Quote Post
post Mar 1 2005, 11:32 AM
Post #12

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 699

QUOTE (Mancot Blue @ Feb 28 2005, 10:48 PM)
I was slated by many for having the confidence to declare we won't be relegated come May. It's wasted breath on here, Lemmiwinks..... unfortunately.

We can't score for fudge at the moment, when we concede a goal we concede the game and the management have been utterly inept in all departments for a while now. However, I still think we will stay up. Cue the abuse...... dry.gif

Agreed Mancot, although I believe one of our main problems is our players' addiction to red cards. It's really causing selection problems and costing us both financially and in terms of points.

NOW cue the abuse... Say what you like guys but look at the disciplinary record - it's a disgrace. Admittedly a certain Cortez Belle has single-handedly ensured that we stay out of the FA's favour, but the players really need to watch it.

Now get behind the club guys - moaning at the team and the manager is only destroying confidence and won't exactly help our cause......

COME ON CITY!

+Quote Post
Elwood P Dowd
post Mar 1 2005, 12:27 PM
Post #13

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 488

Not like Devachat members to indulge in mass hysteria! rolleyes.gif

Ok, we've been desperate of late, we all know that. All of our remaining away games look very tricky so we could be struggling to pick up many points on the road. However, we have home games against Southend, Notts County, Bury, Boston, Bristol Rovers and Northampton to come. Can you honestly see us not picking up points from these games?

As bad as we've been, we all know this is football and you never know what's around the corner. I'm certain if we can get Branch back fit we should have no problems.

Like everyone I'm very worried about Rush's tactics, they really do baffle me at times, but even with him in charge the players should be good enough to sneak a few points here and there. If only he'd play everyone in the right positions we'd have a chance.

Personally I reckon I could turn our fortunes around in 5 minutes with the exact same players he has at his disposal, and I've zero managerial experience. Here's how I'd do it:

Mackenzie in goal - There's no doubt in my mind this man is a better keeper than Wayne (who I really like), why can't Rush see it?

Back 4 of Edmondson, Bolland, Hope and Hessey - Ok, not the greatest back line in the world, but more than good enough for this league, they just need some help from midfield/forwards.

Brown, Carden and Drummond in the middle of midfield - Pack the middle of the park. Carden and Drummond to win the tackles and Brown to pick out a few passes. Brown was on the pitch 10 seconds on Saturday and did more than anyone else did in 90 minutes. Picked it up, turned out of trouble and played a simple ball out to the wing. Easy.

Sestanovich on the right - He ripped us apart in his Scarborough days playing right wing. It's obvious that's where he wants to play. Every time he gets the ball he cuts in onto his right foot, so start him out wide on the right for god's sake.

Foy on the left - I feel really sorry for Foy, and I knew it was going to happen. People were slagging him off on Saturday (and just a quick shame on you for that btw). The lad is 19, has no league experience and is expected to come in and change our fortunes single-handedly. Was never going to happen, especially playing as a striker, which he's obviously not. Stick him wide left (his position) and let him have a run at defences. Hopefully when Branch is back he'll benefit from the support, and 2 speedy players high up the pitch will cause defences problems.

Branch up front - With Sestanovich on the right, Foy on the left and Brown in the middle I can see Branchy (if fit) finally getting a few chances and sticking them away.

With this line-up we'll be solid accross the middle, be very hard to break down and we'll score goals. It's not science rocket, so let's do it!

--------------------
“The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I’m right and you’re wrong!” John Peel.

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Mar 1 2005, 12:31 PM
Post #14

Si Dutton
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

I like Foy but was disappointed with his attitude on Saturday, too many times he gave up and to me he just didn't look interested. Just my opinion though.

--------------------
Cmon City, these are SH*TE

+Quote Post
Elwood P Dowd
post Mar 1 2005, 12:35 PM
Post #15

1st team captain
Group Icon

QUOTE (Big Si @ Mar 1 2005, 12:31 PM)
I like Foy but was disappointed with his attitude on Saturday, too many times he gave up and to me he just didn't look interested. Just my opinion though.

As I say, the lad is 19 and been thrust into a very difficult situation. he's never experienced anything like this in his life. It's up to the experienced pros to get the team going and have a word, get his head up. You can't blame the lad, I don't think he lacks spirit, he was just brought down by the rest of the team and the general performance.

Surely you can't condone abuse of a 19 year old lad on loan having his forst taste of league football?

--------------------
“The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I’m right and you’re wrong!” John Peel.

+Quote Post
Heartbreak Kid
post Mar 1 2005, 12:35 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

Who would be you're other striker then?

I know there's not alot to choose from but who of the dross would you pick?

--------------------
WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT SON, AND GET YOUR FATHERS GUN, AND SHOOT THE Wr**h*m SCUM, SHOOT THE Wr**h*m SCUM!!!!

+Quote Post
Elwood P Dowd
post Mar 1 2005, 12:36 PM
Post #17

1st team captain
Group Icon

QUOTE (Heartbreak Kid @ Mar 1 2005, 12:35 PM)

I wouldn't. As I said I'd go 4-5-1, pack the midfield and make us very hard to beat. Certain to pick up points that way imo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ali
post Mar 1 2005, 12:38 PM
Post #18

One step forward, two steps back!
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

QUOTE (Elwood P Dowd @ Mar 1 2005, 12:27 PM)
Not like Devachat members to indulge in mass hysteria!  rolleyes.gif

Ok, we've been desperate of late, we all know that. All of our remaining away games look very tricky so we could be struggling to pick up many points on the road. However, we have home games against Southend, Notts County, Bury, Boston, Bristol Rovers and Northampton to come. Can you honestly see us not picking up points from these games?

As bad as we've been, we all know this is football and you never know what's around the corner. I'm certain if we can get Branch back fit we should have no problems.

Like everyone I'm very worried about Rush's tactics, they really do baffle me at times, but even with him in charge the players should be good enough to sneak a few points here and there. If only he'd play everyone in the right positions we'd have a chance.

Personally I reckon I could turn our fortunes around in 5 minutes with the exact same players he has at his disposal, and I've zero managerial experience. Here's how I'd do it:

Mackenzie in goal - There's no doubt in my mind this man is a better keeper than Wayne (who I really like), why can't Rush see it?

Back 4 of Edmondson, Bolland, Hope and Hessey - Ok, not the greatest back line in the world, but more than good enough for this league, they just need some help from midfield/forwards.

Brown, Carden and Drummond in the middle of midfield - Pack the middle of the park. Carden and Drummond to win the tackles and Brown to pick out a few passes. Brown was on the pitch 10 seconds on Saturday and did more than anyone else did in 90 minutes. Picked it up, turned out of trouble and played a simple ball out to the wing. Easy.

Sestanovich on the right - He ripped us apart in his Scarborough days playing right wing. It's obvious that's where he wants to play. Every time he gets the ball he cuts in onto his right foot, so start him out wide on the right for god's sake.

Foy on the left - I feel really sorry for Foy, and I knew it was going to happen. People were slagging him off on Saturday (and just a quick shame on you for that btw). The lad is 19, has no league experience and is expected to come in and change our fortunes single-handedly. Was never going to happen, especially playing as a striker, which he's obviously not. Stick him wide left (his position) and let him have a run at defences. Hopefully when Branch is back he'll benefit from the support, and 2 speedy players high up the pitch will cause defences problems.

Branch up front - With Sestanovich on the right, Foy on the left and Brown in the middle I can see Branchy (if fit) finally getting a few chances and sticking them away.

With this line-up we'll be solid accross the middle, be very hard to break down and we'll score goals. It's not science rocket, so let's do it!

A lot of sense spoken there young man, to be honest though apart from Bury I'm struggling to see where we'll pick up any home points, teams know they just need to come here stay solid and wait for us to gift them a goal, it's all over after that!!

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Mar 1 2005, 12:39 PM
Post #19

Si Dutton
Group Icon

QUOTE (Elwood P Dowd @ Mar 1 2005, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (Big Si @ Mar 1 2005, 12:31 PM)

As I say, the lad is 19 and been thrust into a very difficult situation. he's never experienced anything like this in his life. It's up to the experienced pros to get the team going and have a word, get his head up. You can't blame the lad, I don't think he lacks spirit, he was just brought down by the rest of the team and the general performance.

Surely you can't condone abuse of a 19 year old lad on loan having his forst taste of league football?

I never heard any abuse of him, all I heard was someone telling him to pull his finger out. I won't slag him off, think he's been pretty decent for us, it just disappointed me and how he (and yes the rest of the team) rolled over and died more or less after the first goal went in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elwood P Dowd
post Mar 1 2005, 12:42 PM
Post #20

1st team captain
Group Icon

There was a lot of abuse of him. You obviously couldn't hear it due to the fact that you spent 86 minutes shouting "*****" in a high pitched squeal wink.gif

This post has been edited by krankie: Mar 1 2005, 12:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Mar 1 2005, 12:46 PM
Post #21

Si Dutton
Group Icon

QUOTE (Elwood P Dowd @ Mar 1 2005, 12:42 PM)
There was a lot of abuse of him. You obviously couldn't hear it due to the fact that you spent 86 minutes shouting "****" in a high pitched squeal  wink.gif

Hmm, yeah I did tell Rush to f off quite a lot during the second half (I believe you also had a few pops at him also) along with the rest of the fans who had the stupidity to stay and watch this shower of sh*te. Problem with that? We were 5 down, hardly like it was going to damage our hopes of winning the game! Losing 0-5 to the Slop was a total embarrasment to Chester fans. Although I don't have a high pitched voice so not sure where your coming from there.

This post has been edited by krankie: Mar 1 2005, 12:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elton Blues
post Mar 1 2005, 12:49 PM
Post #22

Our City, Our Community, Our Club
Group Icon

Member No.: 40

QUOTE (Elwood P Dowd @ Mar 1 2005, 12:27 PM)
I'm certain if we can get Branch back fit we should have no problems.

See where you're coming from Elwood but what if we don't keep Branch fit, where are the goals going to come from then ?

--------------------
I am one of the thousands of fools and proud of it!

+Quote Post
Guest_Diva Chatter_*
post Mar 1 2005, 01:07 PM
Post #23

Guests

Apart from the problem of wondering where the goals are going to come from my biggest concern is how long is Bolland out for? Without him for an extended time is going to be a nightmare. Sorry I know that the boys at the back do the best they can but our defence is nowhere near the defence we had last year and Bolland is our only salvation.

I am an optimist but I daren't even bring myself to look at the League 2 table since the match last Saturday.

The future is looking very stormy.

+Quote Post
Heartbreak Kid
post Mar 1 2005, 01:09 PM
Post #24

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Elwood P Dowd @ Mar 1 2005, 01:36 PM)
QUOTE (Heartbreak Kid @ Mar 1 2005, 12:35 PM)

I wouldn't. As I said I'd go 4-5-1, pack the midfield and make us very hard to beat. Certain to pick up points that way imo.

Personally, I don't think it would work with Branch on his own - I agree with packing the middle of the park to make it harder for teams to break us down but Branch is more of a free role type of player rather that someone who holds the ball up & bring others into play - He's much better with the ball played in front him down the channels or through the middle in my view!!!

If we did play the 4-5-1 then we'd someone from the middle to get forward aswell - No-one really at our disposal to do that in my opinion!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Genghis Khan_*
post Mar 1 2005, 01:10 PM
Post #25

Guests

I'd keep the defance and keeper as per Elwood but play a 4-3-3 with:

Drummond Carden Davies
Branch Belle Foy

The reasoning being that we are reverting back to hoof and I'd want a big man up front and a couple of quickies to try and get on the end of them. Not pretty but that ain't what's required now.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2017 - 08:49 PM