> Carlisle - = R E L E G A T E D = -, Compilation of posts on this subject
AndyHa
post May 2 2004, 05:10 PM
Post #26

The Reaper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 79

Wow even Trashmere scum getting their pennies worth in - or is it some old ladys' they have just robbed :lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------
"Entertainments may be taxed; public houses may be taxed… and the yield devoted to the general revenue. But motorists are to be privileged for all time to have the tax on motors devoted to roads? This is an outrage upon… common sense." Winston Churchill
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glyn
post May 2 2004, 07:20 PM
Post #27

1st team captain

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 693

why should we be afraid when we're in win div 3 and their rotting in the conference

--------------------

+Quote Post
MOC
post May 2 2004, 08:33 PM
Post #28

Deva Chat Predict-a-Score champion 2015-16

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (AndyHa @ May 2 2004, 06:10 PM)
Wow even Trashmere scum getting their pennies worth in - or is it some old ladys' they have just robbed :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I'm rather amused to see a Tranmere fan having a go at us for not having always had the attendances we got at the end of last season - this coming from a club that used to struggle to get 2,000 regularly before the successful times arrived and whose followings always seem to increase dramatically when they have some cup success (like this season).

Getting a bit nasty on there innit, with a four letter word beginning with c and ending in t being used a hell of a lot. Also, if by any chance you do wish to offer them sympathy then be prepared for replies like this one:

Posted by CockneyCluedup on 02 May 17:03 Complain | Previous | Next | Reply
To fans of other teams... ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no disrespect, but only a handful of you occasionally come on this board (this msg aint to them), but can you not just p*ss off?

your only on because we've finally gone down, and all the good luck / f*ck off messages won't change an iota...

This post has been edited by MOC: May 2 2004, 08:40 PM

+Quote Post
Clare's amaz...
post May 3 2004, 08:48 AM
Post #29

Deva Chat's voice of reason
Group Icon

Member No.: 720

That post on Footy Mad was me!!!

Unfortunately, it has now been deleted. I wonder why?????

I'm pleased it got so many nasty replies. I would have been gutted to have gone to all that trouble and not got under their skin.

I was going to copy it into word as a souveneir but forgot. Shame really, I could have reposted it this morning. Never mind.

Let's hope they're having a horrible Bank Holiday.
Mine is much better than last year!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
MOC
post May 3 2004, 09:02 AM
Post #30

Deva Chat Predict-a-Score champion 2015-16

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (Clare's amazing underpants @ May 3 2004, 09:48 AM)
Let's hope they're having a horrible Bank Holiday.
Mine is much better than last year!!!!!!!

Indeed it is - the memories are coming back but I'm just so relieved we went up automatically and aren't having to go through that emotional rollercoaster again.

+Quote Post
3mm
post May 3 2004, 09:03 AM
Post #31

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Moderators
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (CUFC4eva @ May 2 2004, 05:36 PM)
Yes well done in buying yourselves out of the Conference, only took you 4 years....

As the only former top flight side to be relegated into the non-league abyss, the quality of our side and our fanbase size should ensure a swift return. Be afraid......

the quality of our side

:lol:

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Guest_CUFCeva_*
post May 3 2004, 09:51 AM
Post #32

Guests

QUOTE (3mm @ May 3 2004, 10:03 AM)
Yes well done in buying yourselves out of the Conference, only took you 4 years....

As the only former top flight side to be relegated into the non-league abyss, the quality of our side and our fanbase size should ensure a swift return. Be afraid......

the quality of our side

I meant quality by Conference standards, if not by Div.3.

The Conference is a considerable weaker league than the 3rd as Shrewsbury and Exeter have proved.

:beer:

+Quote Post
Guest_Ted Rodgers_*
post May 3 2004, 10:13 AM
Post #33

Guests

Buying ourselves out after four years ? Aside from Daryl Clare, please name these large scale financial purchases we have made ?

Should you assess the history books, from September 2001 onwards we have achieved promotion through an extremely well co-ordinated, well managed process (driven by Stephan Vaughan).

May you decompose and rot in the Conference: Enjoy your trips to Crawley Town and Gravesend.

I, for one, have absolutely no sympathy for your team. The behaviour of your fans at the Deva in April 2000 still disgusts me. I will watch your attendances slide below 2,000 quite comfortably.

+Quote Post
Andy L
post May 3 2004, 01:29 PM
Post #34

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 60

The Conference is a considerable weaker league than the 3rd as Shrewsbury and Exeter have proved.

Just like Doncaster?

--------------------
"For myself, I am an optimist — it does not seem to be much use being anything else" Winston Churchill

+Quote Post
Andy L
post May 3 2004, 01:30 PM
Post #35

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

May you decompose and rot in the Conference: Enjoy your trips to Crawley Town and Gravesend.

Crawley? You mean Canvey?

--------------------
"For myself, I am an optimist — it does not seem to be much use being anything else" Winston Churchill

+Quote Post
Chris Lightfoot...
post May 3 2004, 01:51 PM
Post #36

Back.......for now!

Member No.: 289

No he is right.Both Canvey Island and Crawley Town will be in the Conference next season. :thumb:

+Quote Post
Andy L
post May 3 2004, 01:53 PM
Post #37

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

No he is right.Both Canvey Island and Crawley Town will be in the Conference next season. 

So they will

ooops

--------------------

+Quote Post
SueC
post May 3 2004, 03:35 PM
Post #38

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Member No.: 110

This link will take you straight to the best "debate" on the CUFC message board. It's entitled "We're too big for the Conference". :lol: :lol: Who do they think they are? CUFC board - conference thread

This post has been edited by SueC: May 3 2004, 03:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Earlydoors
post May 3 2004, 07:25 PM
Post #39

Squad player

Member No.: 136

Laugh ? I nearly p*ssed me-self!!!

Well deserved- Good Luck to Carlisle in the Conference :lol:

--------------------

+Quote Post
angel of the nor...
post May 3 2004, 07:42 PM
Post #40

DCs most adored poster :)

Member No.: 800

Best laugh since I read last weeks Dandy. :lol:

--------------------
CFC ,,, BEST IN THE BUSINESS

"So you fancy a trip to Europe do you Dominic?

I heard u got a bit of money 4 me nev?
Come on hand it over to your Uncle Chop Chop, I'm just a bloody normal bloke. A normal bloke who likes a bit of torture

This is what its like to be wxm , this is what its like to be small , this is what its like when your team wins nothing at all . . . nothing at all . . . . . . . . . . . .

don't look at me, don't you f**king look at me

+Quote Post
Pepelepew
post May 3 2004, 07:48 PM
Post #41

Devachat`s best dancer

Member No.: 698

:mad: Ahh the Pub League mentality,wow are they in for a big shock all 15,000 of em rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Michael Flatley is crap compared to me after 6 pints

AKA Big Playa Flava Pepe

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post May 4 2004, 09:09 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

QUOTE (CUFCeva @ May 3 2004, 10:51 AM)

If you think that then you're dumber than we all thought wink.gif

Just look at Wycombe, Rushden, Kidderminster, Doncaster, Yeovil, and to a certain extent Cheltenham and Macclesfield over recent seasons. It is a well-known fact that the top half of the Conference is more than a match for Division Three wink.gif

And even the part-time sides in there can still cause you upsets.

I'm sure the majority of your fans don't think the same way as you do. Otherwise, you're treading on thin ice.

+Quote Post
SIX FOOT 2 BLUE
post May 4 2004, 09:24 PM
Post #43

Associate North Terrace Postie..
Group Icon

Member No.: 886

QUOTE (3mm @ May 3 2004, 10:03 AM)

the quality of our side

I meant quality by Conference standards, if not by Div.3.

I think you've got a big shock coming. The Conference is now full of ex-league teams. Hereford next year I reckon. Get used to it.......
:scarf:

--------------------
I believe we will get there in the end.

+Quote Post
SimonR
post May 4 2004, 09:32 PM
Post #44

Squad player

Member No.: 610

QUOTE (SueC @ May 3 2004, 04:35 PM)
This link will take you straight to the best "debate" on the CUFC message board. It's entitled "We're too big for the Conference". :lol: :lol: Who do they think they are? CUFC board - conference thread

I'm sure I saw this post before, I can't think where - on surfing seadog perhaps?

+Quote Post
Pumps
post May 4 2004, 09:50 PM
Post #45

A new dawn is rising

Member No.: 65

HAHAHAHA :mad:
The good lord has some great ways of working, this time he has surpassed himself!!
Us up - that BIG bargain basement team DOWN! Ha, they've got a right surprise comin'!!
I think Canvey will finish higher than them. :clap:

--------------------
faith and determination

+Quote Post
Guest_CUFC4eva_*
post May 4 2004, 09:59 PM
Post #46

Guests

QUOTE (Mancot Blue @ May 4 2004, 10:09 PM)

Just look at Wycombe, Rushden, Kidderminster, Doncaster, Yeovil, and to a certain extent Cheltenham and Macclesfield over recent seasons. It is a well-known fact that the top half of the Conference is more than a match for Division Three wink.gif

I'm sure the majority of your fans don't think the same way as you do. Otherwise, you're treading on thin ice.

Over the last five or six seasons we have been a Conference club in all but name. The board, fans and players have been bracing themselves for it.

So it's not like we don't know what to expect, unlike the teams like get relegated after one bad season and come down to this level totally shellshocked with a long period of recovery.

Whatever division we would be in next season, we knew we would be chasing promotion after the form we've shown since December when we came out of adminstration, probably play-offs in Div.3, top 2 in the Conference.

The way I see is that relegation will be a big psychological boost after years of losing and being near the bottom (although we haven't been doing much of the former recently!) going down to a league, which whether you care to admit it or not, is weaker - ask Shrews fans what they think, they finished 3rd playing well within themselves - and I'm confident we'll do the same.

+Quote Post
SIX FOOT 2 BLUE
post May 4 2004, 10:16 PM
Post #47

Associate North Terrace Postie..
Group Icon

Member No.: 886

QUOTE (CUFC4eva @ May 4 2004, 10:59 PM)

Over the last five or six seasons we have been a Conference club in all but name. The board, fans and players have been bracing themselves for it.

So it's not like we don't know what to expect, unlike the teams like get relegated after one bad season and come down to this level totally shellshocked with a long period of recovery.

Whatever division we would be in next season, we knew we would be chasing promotion after the form we've shown since December when we came out of adminstration, probably play-offs in Div.3, top 2 in the Conference.

The way I see is that relegation will be a big psychological boost after years of losing and being near the bottom (although we haven't been doing much of the former recently!) going down to a league, which whether you care to admit it or not, is weaker - ask Shrews fans what they think, they finished 3rd playing well within themselves - and I'm confident we'll do the same.

Shrews played well? How many points were they behind Chester and Hereford !

GET A GRIP LAD..............

--------------------
I believe we will get there in the end.

+Quote Post
blue blood
post May 4 2004, 10:28 PM
Post #48

1st team sub

Member No.: 926

thinking like that will only get you one place....

conference north 2005.

its bang out of order the way your slating "those poxy little grounds". the conference is a decent league in its own right and youll find those little clubs will have a friendly welcome for even carlisle fans.

as for the best away supported team you have a lot of traveling to do.

When was the last time a club went straight back up and what makes you think you can do it?

angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_CUFC4eva_*
post May 5 2004, 08:13 AM
Post #49

Guests

QUOTE (SIX FOOT 2 BLUE @ May 4 2004, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE (CUFC4eva @ May 4 2004, 10:59 PM)

So it's not like we don't know what to expect, unlike the teams that get relegated after one bad season and come down to this level totally shellshocked with a long period of recovery ahead of them.

The way I see is that relegation will be a big psychological boost after years of losing and being near the bottom (although we haven't been doing much of the former recently!) - going down to a league where we can compete, and which whether you care to admit it or not, is weaker, - ask Shrews fans what they think, they finished 3rd playing well within themselves, and I'm confident we'll do the same - will obviously benefit us.

Shrews played well? How many points were they behind Chester and Hereford !

GET A GRIP LAD..............

I sayed they played "well within themselves", i.e they didn't have to get out of second or third gear most of the time and they still finished 3rd.

+Quote Post
Lurd
post May 5 2004, 09:49 AM
Post #50

Wrexham 8er
Group Icon

Member No.: 738

Carlisle are down 4ever :clap: May as well join the Scottish league, as most of you up there are not sure what you are anyway.

Remember that little dance you did on our pitch when we went down.

Up yours................Enjoy Non league football :laugh1:

--------------------
It’s like I’m / paranoid lookin’ over my back
It’s like a / whirlwind inside of my head
It’s like I / can’t stop what I’m hearing within
It’s like the face inside is right beneath my skin

The sun goes down
I feel the light betray me

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:21 PM