> Last Night
Ali
post Sep 2 2006, 06:27 AM
Post #1

One step forward, two steps back!
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 47

Well not an unexpected result but certainly the way it came about was, Swindon looked very poor and reluctant to actually take chances, looked like they were happy with a point in a poor first half, they created one good chance from a cross which was headed goalwards where Danby pulled off a good one handed save. We were poor going forward and had little or no idea about how to actually create a chance, Broughton is another in a long line of forwards who seem incapable of scoring, he's ponderous and looks uninterested a lot of the time, maybe better coming off the bench? Walters does most of his good work outside the box but has to as the midfield just aren't getting forward in any numbers and when they do nobody seems to know what of where they're supposed to be, the wingbacks seem under orders to not go further than 10 yards into the oppo's half where they either sling an easily defended ball in or turn back into the middle.
The lino seemed to stop most of our half chances flagging for offside regularly, he actually saved Broughton from the worst attempt at a one on one ever, he seemed onside as he went through but his legs turned to jelly and his brain turned to soup, he did a little jig without touching the ball before prodding it at the kepper, lino had flagged fortunately rolleyes.gif

Second half started poorly with us being unable to defend a simple ball floated in from a freekick, the ball was headed accross goal where Peacock mis**t his shot, it bounced off the turf and up over Danby a bit fortunate to say the least, Chester huffed and puffed a bit and forced a full length save (not sure who) out of the keeper to turn it round the post, we went 3-4-3 and they straight away had a man sent off for second yellow (kicking the ball away). It mattered little as we still didn't know what to do with an extra man and they started to hit on the break, another set piece saw Peacock stroll unmarked onto the edge of the six yard box to glance past Danby, absolutely shocking defending, game over!!

Now SVj, he hadn't had a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, not done much wrong and had put a few decentish balls in the box, unfortunately the average football fan isn't that bright and a couple had a pop at a corner and he went ballistic, yes the abuse was unwarrented but you can't have any player never mind your Captian reacting like that and that really was game over!!

I think most of us had predicted the end would come from playing SVj and this may well be the time that SVs says enough is enough, he doesn't seem the most rational of men at the best of times so I'd imagine after the match he'd have been fuming and quite rightly. The only upside is when the MOM award was announced the majority of the crowd applauded to show our support of the players on the pitch, the stewards may want to take their eyes off the yellow markings and watch the fans in future because we certainly don't need these type at our matches!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CCFC Monkey
post Sep 2 2006, 08:33 AM
Post #2

*** Crazy Seal ***

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1592

Fair comment.

Swindon Town are probably one the best sides in this Divison, It was never going to be easy.

Has for svj, boo boys its uncalled for. But what I dont want now is for SV to start shooting off in the press, because it makes the club look bad.

Instead why not bring in zero tolerance, and eject anybody who boo's. Along with Racist comments, bad language, an alike. We're a family club, not a bunch of mindless yobs! Get behind the team, and stop singling out certain players its pathetic, and makes us look a mockery.

angry.gif ITS LIKE SOMETHING THE GOATS WOULD DO! angry.gif

--------------------
“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.”

+Quote Post
old boneze
post Sep 2 2006, 08:48 AM
Post #3

Predict-a-score champion 2010-11. 2011-12. 2013-14. 2018-19.
Group Icon

Member No.: 1883

QUOTE (Ali @ Sep 2 2006, 07:27 AM) *
We were poor going forward and had little or no idea about how to actually create a chance, Broughton is another in a long line of forwards who seem incapable of scoring, he's ponderous and looks uninterested a lot of the time, maybe better coming off the bench?

Broughton is the only one who seems capable of holding the ball to allow the midfield and wing backs to join in. Unfortunately, they don't join in often enough or quickly enough.
I agree he will not score many goals but could make plenty for others as his physical presence causes chaos in the the opposition defence. And is useful at defending set-pieces.
It seems to me that the whole team plays better when he is on the pitch.
Without Broughton the ball comes back far to quickly and the midfield and defence get overloaded.

+Quote Post
ALWAYS BLUE
post Sep 2 2006, 08:53 AM
Post #4

Shabba
Group Icon

Member No.: 1387

QUOTE (CCFC Monkey @ Sep 2 2006, 09:33 AM) *
Fair comment.

Swindon Town are probably one the best sides in this Divison, It was never going to be easy.

Has for svj, boo boys its uncalled for. But what I dont want now is for SV to start shooting off in the press, because it makes the club look bad.

Instead why not bring in zero tolerance, and eject anybody who boo's. Along with Racist comments, bad language, an alike. We're a family club, not a bunch of mindless yobs! Get behind the team, and stop singling out certain players its pathetic, and makes us look a mockery.

No lets not bring in Zero Tolerance, for christ sake we are watching football, its not a crime to air your views.

But to the fans who were booing SVJ "YOUR OUT OF ORDER", no fan should be doing this to any player that plays for there own club, I'm not an SVJ fan but that was bang out of order last night.

GET A GRIP

This post has been edited by ALWAYS BLUE: Sep 2 2006, 09:13 AM

--------------------
SHABBA!!

+Quote Post
Ali
post Sep 2 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (old boneze @ Sep 2 2006, 09:48 AM) *

We were poor going forward and had little or no idea about how to actually create a chance, Broughton is another in a long line of forwards who seem incapable of scoring, he's ponderous and looks uninterested a lot of the time, maybe better coming off the bench?

Broughton is the only one who seems capable of holding the ball to allow the midfield and wing backs to join in. Unfortunately, they don't join in often enough or quickly enough.
I agree he will not score many goals but could make plenty for others as his physical presence causes chaos in the the opposition defence. And is useful at defending set-pieces.
Without Broughton the ball comes back far to quickly and the midfield and defence get overloaded.

I can't see any benefit to playing him like we do now, he's constantly offside and looks like he thinks he's doing us a favour being out there. I quite like Walters who actually puts in the effort but he also gets the ball looks up and see's nobody in the box, Broughtons probably having a pie somewhere biggrin.gif

If we keep him in and around the area and lump balls into him he may get on the end of some but we're too easily stopped at the moment!

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Sep 2 2006, 09:20 AM
Post #6

Si Dutton
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

Fair comment.

Devachat Gold anyone?! Anyone who booes, ban them!! Get real.

--------------------
Cmon City, these are SH*TE

+Quote Post
devamch
post Sep 2 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #7

Star Striker

Member No.: 1003

QUOTE (Ali @ Sep 2 2006, 10:11 AM) *

I can't see any benefit to playing him like we do now, he's constantly offside and looks like he thinks he's doing us a favour being out there. I quite like Walters who actually puts in the effort but he also gets the ball looks up and see's nobody in the box, Broughtons probably having a pie somewhere biggrin.gif

If we keep him in and around the area and lump balls into him he may get on the end of some but we're too easily stopped at the moment!

Broughton was poor last night, with his inability to stay onside being the main factor.

On the SVJ front, he had his best game of the season last night, however this doesn't say much for his previous performances in a blue shirt. He attacked well and put a few good crosses in, however he cannot put a good tackle in and was shown up a few times when he unneccessarily dived in

We should not be booing any player during the game and this is unacceptable - SVJ should not be reacting in the way he did and this is not becoming of a captain of any team, let alone a professional football club.

MW needs to give the team more flexibility by giving some width, last night we were just lumping long balls into the centre of the field to be easily defended - Give Blundell & Holroyd a chance by giving the ball to their feet and play to their strengths.

MOM last night for me was Wilson, who tried all game and was unlucky with our only shot of note.

--------------------
The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.

Friedrich Hegel

+Quote Post
old boneze
post Sep 2 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #8

Predict-a-score champion 2010-11. 2011-12. 2013-14. 2018-19.
Group Icon

Member No.: 1883

QUOTE (Ali @ Sep 2 2006, 10:11 AM) *

Let's agree to disagree on Broughton. Time will tell who's right.
I agree that Walters expends a lot of energy - but to what effect? He can't or won't hold the ball long enough to allow others to join in, so has to go it alone and rarely gets by the defenders.
Don't reply - we'll agree to disagree.

I totally agree that we're too easily stopped at the moment.
But that is about tactics and formation - not the ability of the players.
As MW said recently "the buck stops with me".

+Quote Post
angel of the nor...
post Sep 2 2006, 09:46 AM
Post #9

DCs most adored poster :)

Member No.: 800

Get back to 4-4-2 and bin this 3-5-2 crap which seems to
become 5-3-2 at times and we will start to move.

--------------------
CFC ,,, BEST IN THE BUSINESS

"So you fancy a trip to Europe do you Dominic?

I heard u got a bit of money 4 me nev?
Come on hand it over to your Uncle Chop Chop, I'm just a bloody normal bloke. A normal bloke who likes a bit of torture

This is what its like to be wxm , this is what its like to be small , this is what its like when your team wins nothing at all . . . nothing at all . . . . . . . . . . . .

don't look at me, don't you f**king look at me

+Quote Post
CCFC Monkey
post Sep 2 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #10

*** Crazy Seal ***

Member No.: 1592

QUOTE (Big Si @ Sep 2 2006, 10:20 AM) *

Fair comment.

Devachat Gold anyone?! Anyone who booes, ban them!! Get real.

I guess you cant sense the sarcastic tone on a message board! laugh.gif

At the end of the day, theres going to be bad language. But I was more concerned about kids hearing racial slander. And players squaring up to fans, its a game for F**Ks sake. These guys are meant to be Professional role models. So before you go jumping the gun and telling me get real, look at the bigger scope an think outside the box for a change.

And I wouldnt put it past this chairman, in one of his hot headed moments, to bring zero tolerance in!

--------------------
“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.”

+Quote Post
Welsh Blu
post Sep 2 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #11

Yes, I AM a WELSH CHESTER SUPPORTER

Member No.: 301

QUOTE (CCFC Monkey @ Sep 2 2006, 11:28 AM) *
And I wouldnt put it past this chairman, in one of his hot headed moments, to bring zero tolerance in!

unfortunately i have to agree huh.gif

--------------------
Reporter: Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?
Strachan: No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said, "No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless."- Gordon Strachan

+Quote Post
Ali
post Sep 2 2006, 10:33 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (angel of the north @ Sep 2 2006, 10:46 AM) *

Heh and now we've gone full circle to when he was here last time biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Lawrence
post Sep 2 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #13

Top Blue

Member No.: 2421

MW has always been 3-5-2 man and this will never change.
Difference was in the conference it was 3-5-2 with attacking wingbacks like Macca and Heard. In this team we have wilson who has impressed me on the left and Vaughan who does not get forward and is scared to go past a man and never gets to the by line. People say he puts good crosses in. No he doesnt its the same type of cross he puts in all the time. No variety!

Well not an unexpected result but certainly the way it came about was, Swindon looked very poor and reluctant to actually take chances, looked like they were happy with a point in a poor first half, they created one good chance from a cross which was headed goalwards where Danby pulled off a good one handed save. We were poor going forward and had little or no idea about how to actually create a chance, Broughton is another in a long line of forwards who seem incapable of scoring, he's ponderous and looks uninterested a lot of the time, maybe better coming off the bench? Walters does most of his good work outside the box but has to as the midfield just aren't getting forward in any numbers and when they do nobody seems to know what of where they're supposed to be, the wingbacks seem under orders to not go further than 10 yards into the oppo's half where they either sling an easily defended ball in or turn back into the middle.
The lino seemed to stop most of our half chances flagging for offside regularly, he actually saved Broughton from the worst attempt at a one on one ever, he seemed onside as he went through but his legs turned to jelly and his brain turned to soup, he did a little jig without touching the ball before prodding it at the kepper, lino had flagged fortunately rolleyes.gif

Second half started poorly with us being unable to defend a simple ball floated in from a freekick, the ball was headed accross goal where Peacock mis**t his shot, it bounced off the turf and up over Danby a bit fortunate to say the least, Chester huffed and puffed a bit and forced a full length save (not sure who) out of the keeper to turn it round the post, we went 3-4-3 and they straight away had a man sent off for second yellow (kicking the ball away). It mattered little as we still didn't know what to do with an extra man and they started to hit on the break, another set piece saw Peacock stroll unmarked onto the edge of the six yard box to glance past Danby, absolutely shocking defending, game over!!

Now SVj, he hadn't had a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, not done much wrong and had put a few decentish balls in the box, unfortunately the average football fan isn't that bright and a couple had a pop at a corner and he went ballistic, yes the abuse was unwarrented but you can't have any player never mind your Captian reacting like that and that really was game over!!

I think most of us had predicted the end would come from playing SVj and this may well be the time that SVs says enough is enough, he doesn't seem the most rational of men at the best of times so I'd imagine after the match he'd have been fuming and quite rightly. The only upside is when the MOM award was announced the majority of the crowd applauded to show our support of the players on the pitch, the stewards may want to take their eyes off the yellow markings and watch the fans in future because we certainly don't need these type at our matches!!!

I think you were watching the wrong game.
I got the feeling that they could have stepped or a gear or two if needs be and that was with 10 men as well.
Swindon are the best team we have played this season and they will get promotion based on what i saw last night.

This post has been edited by Lawrence: Sep 2 2006, 10:38 AM

--------------------
Back to back champions!!

+Quote Post
Cooky
post Sep 2 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #14

Chester legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 701

Apart from a couple of decent crosses into the box, what did Vaughan actually do to deserve MOTM?

+Quote Post
Ali
post Sep 2 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (Lawrence @ Sep 2 2006, 11:38 AM) *

Difference was in the conference it was 3-5-2 with attacking wingbacks like Macca and Heard. In this team we have wilson who has impressed me on the left and Vaughan who does not get forward and is scared to go past a man and never gets to the by line. People say he puts good crosses in. No he doesnt its the same type of cross he puts in all the time. No variety!

I got the feeling that they could have stepped or a gear or two if needs be and that was with 10 men as well.
Swindon are the best team we have played this season and they will get promotion based on what i saw last night.

Well if you disagree Lawrence then I know I'm right biggrin.gif They may well have been able to but first half they didn't seem like they were that bothered and we coped easily, second half a goal 4 minutes in was always going to prove a difficult mountain to climb!!

+Quote Post
Lawrence
post Sep 2 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #16

Top Blue

Member No.: 2421

QUOTE (Ali @ Sep 2 2006, 11:47 AM) *
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Sep 2 2006, 11:38 AM) *

Well if you disagree Lawrence then I know I'm right biggrin.gif They may well have been able to but first half they didn't seem like they were that bothered and we coped easily, second half a goal 4 minutes in was always going to prove a difficult mountain to climb!!

To be fair it seems par for the course at the deva. As how many teams have you seen in the past (usually top of the table teams) play the 1st half poorly and look a bit out of sorts and not interested and it remains 0-0. 2nd half they get a kick up the a**e and come out and score to make 1-0, after that the rest is history.

--------------------
Back to back champions!!

+Quote Post
Plug6
post Sep 2 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #17

1st team sub

Member No.: 654

QUOTE (CCFC Monkey @ Sep 2 2006, 08:33 AM) *
Fair comment.

Ban the boo boys? Bit OTT isn't it? I don't agree with booing players at any time because it can only be counter productive. If you are not happy with the display just don't clap at end. Surely booing isn't an offence you could eject somebody from the ground for in any case?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd July 2020 - 11:06 PM